Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes (41136 Views)

Buy Lands From Tigerkenn Homes Ltd, Isiagu, Awka, Anambra State / Newest And Ongoing Building And Estate Developments From Tigerkenn Homes / Home Improvement Diaries By Tigerkenn Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 8:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Framing with wood, then cast with good mix of concrete............

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 8:51am On Apr 06, 2017
Work goes on............

2 Likes

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 5:34am On Apr 08, 2017
Starting with foundation walls.........

2 Likes

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Apr 08, 2017
We are laying block walls, and adding beams inside the foundation, note the size of the columns we planned for.

2 Likes

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by MrsDan: 12:31am On Apr 09, 2017
God bless the work of your hand! Am are you ever in Kaduna?
Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 7:12am On Apr 09, 2017
MrsDan:
God bless the work of your hand! Am are you ever in Kaduna?

Not at the moment my sister, we are very tied up at the moment.

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 5:53am On Apr 11, 2017
We continue with works inside this foundation...........

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Apr 11, 2017
Most of my men are here in this site, more to join soon.

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by Teddyblk1: 11:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
spyder880:
Ladies and gentlemen, we are starting yet another beautiful building project for a Nairalander this morning, the details of the project are as follows;

Project: Construction of a new 6 bedroom duplex
Client: A Nairalander
Contractor: Tigerkenn Homes Ltd
Project duration: 120 days
Budget: To be revealed later

Stay with us as we bring you all the daily construction details from this site

Hey spyda880 can i send you drawing for a foundation quote? Yusufftunde1973 at gmail.com
Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by Teddyblk1: 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
spyder880:
From the design of this building, these are some of the arrangement of the house

ON THE GROUND FLOOR

1 main lounge (voided at the top)
1 dining room
1 entrance porch
1 ante room
1 visitors w/c
1 gym
1 study room
1 bar
1 garage
1 kitchen with pantry, kitchen store
1 laundry room
2 en suit bedrooms

ON THE UPPER FLOOR

1 en suit master bedroom with big open air balcony
1 walk in closet for the master bedroom
3 en suit bedrooms
1 family lounge
1 balcony
1 gallery

Fully loaded house grin grin grin

Hey spyda880 can i send you drawing for a foundation quote? Yusufftunde1973 at gmail.com
Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by Teddyblk1: 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 5:34am On Apr 12, 2017
Teddyblk1:

The truth, is that I am so busy now. There are pending jobs I have not quoted for in the past two weeks. It will take some time for me to clear out my table. Please bear with us.
Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by TobAddy(m): 11:34am On Apr 12, 2017
spyder880:
Most of my men are here in this site, more to join soon.

Boss, I have some questions for you if you don't mind.

I noticed the ground beam on the foundation, and the middle beam, and I don't know if there will be another to cap it.
You also mentioned earlier that the soil is notoriously weak.

1. So is this some kind of a raft foundation?

2. and will there be a German floor on this foundation? it looks very high already.

3.also, will this foundation be suitable for a dry but sandy Lekki land (Ibeju Lekki) to be precise)?

I attached a picture of the land.

Thanks for all your educative posts Big Boss, and that fence work is immaculate, also the foundation looks so neat and highly professional.

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
TobAddy:

Boss, I have some questions for you if you don't mind.

I noticed the ground beam on the foundation, and the middle beam, and I don't know if there will be another to cap it.
You also mentioned earlier that the soil is notoriously weak.

1. So is this some kind of a raft foundation?

2. and will there be a German floor on this foundation? it looks very high already.

3.also, will this foundation be suitable for a dry but sandy Lekki land (Ibeju Lekki) to be precise)?

I attached a picture of the land.

Thanks for all your educative posts Big Boss, and that fence work is immaculate, also the foundation looks so neat and highly professional.

Welcome my friend, the land we met here is a combination of soft clay and unsteady loamy soil, not very suitable for bearing the kind of load designed in this house. True there is a presence of some strong stones and some of the ground is firm enough, we still could not rule out the incidence of differential settlement through the seasons, which will crack up the foundation if we do the normal strip and pad foundation as generally done in this state.

What we have done is not a type of raft foundation, but a pad foundation design aimed at reducing the probability of differential settlement. First we expanded the pads from what the structural drawings recommended. We made sure to use pads of 1.2 meters at least in all the points, then we increased the depth of the pads from 225mm to 450mm. This was done to provide a wider, thicker pad and we even introduced more pads where needed.

Then we introduced rectangular columns with 6 Y16 rods in selected points of substantial load. We topped this with ground beams, then a middle beam and will still ring the top of the foundation with another beam.

The land itself is sloped to the back, and to the left. So we are trying to balance the floor level by raising the back left hand side of the building. There will be a German floor on the foundation.

As for Lekki lands, there might be a need for a full site inspection, possibly a soil test before a foundation type will be recommended.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by TobAddy(m): 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
spyder880:

Welcome my friend, the land we met here is a combination of soft clay and unsteady loamy soil, not very suitable for bearing the kind of load designed in this house. True there is a presence of some strong stones and some of the ground is firm enough, we still could not rule out the incidence of differential settlement through the seasons, which will crack up the foundation if we do the normal strip and pad foundation as generally done in this state.

What we have done is not a type of raft foundation, but a pad foundation design aimed at reducing the probability of differential settlement. First we expanded the pads from what the structural drawings recommended. We made sure to use pads of 1.2 meters at least in all the points, then we increased the depth of the pads from 225mm to 450mm. This was done to provide a wider, thicker pad and we even introduced more pads where needed.

Then we introduced rectangular columns with 6 Y16 rods in selected points of substantial load. We topped this with ground beams, then a middle beam and will still ring the top of the foundation with another beam.

The land itself is sloped to the back, and to the left. So we are trying to balance the floor level by raising the back left hand side of the building. There will be a German floor on the foundation.

As for Lekki lands, there might be a need for a full site inspection, possibly a soil test before a foundation type will be recommended.

Thank you.

Thanks a lot Boss for taking your time to give this in-depth explanation. It is much appreciated. we'll follow your lead. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
The beams on the foundation..........

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
And work progressing smoothly as we start filling the foundation with sand.

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
More from this foundation......

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
More of the foundation as we try to fill with sand.

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
Sand filling of this deep foundation is ongoing...........

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
And the foundation...........

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ready to be treated for compression after filling.

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by chiteny(m): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
Very Nice work Spyder. Seems the owner of the house na politician. The way you dey build am eh, hirroshima and nagasaki bombs no go fit fall am.

Just dey prepare to come build my own. I dey follow all your threads.

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by sonnie10: 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
This is exactly the type of house I want to build at my hometown this year IJN.
Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by Fraba(m): 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
@spyder880, when are you coming to Lagos? You have done enough in this eastern region. My house is waiting for you to come and deliver in Lekki ooo. When are you entering the Eko arena?

1 Like

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
Fraba:
@spyder880, when are you coming to Lagos? You have done enough in this eastern region. My house is waiting for you to come and deliver in Lekki ooo. When are you entering the Eko arena?

At the beginning of this year, I planned to work all across the country, especially Lagos. I chose two of my engineers who knows a lot about Lagos and Abuja, understands the job and can travel with ease, I started sending them to distant sites with the intention to pull in good jobs so we can achieve a lot more in the end of the year.

Right now, we have work ongoing at Benin, Abuja and another new site planned for Warri this month. But, I must say that the responses I get from some of the fields are not very favorable, maybe because I am not there myself. The quality of the different jobs are superb, budget strictly followed without deviation, but working relationship between my men and the people on the ground is not as smooth as I would have loved it to be.

I have gotten tired of chasing workers around, and am now thinking of sticking to what I know, stay around and work on the jobs in nearby states. I will move into Lagos when I can get a good foothold to finally live there and work, not move in between states. Thank you Sir.

3 Likes

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
This is the raft foundation we are doing in Abuja, my men are still here working.

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
And from Benin city........

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by tranxo(m): 2:20am On Apr 24, 2017
spyder880:
Ladies and gentlemen, we are starting yet another beautiful building project for a Nairalander this morning, the details of the project are as follows;

Project: Construction of a new 6 bedroom duplex
Client: A Nairalander
Contractor: Tigerkenn Homes Ltd
Project duration: 120 days
Budget: To be revealed later

Stay with us as we bring you all the daily construction details from this site
Great work!

Looking at the ground floor plan, there seem not to be a connecting door between the kitchen and the dinning. Was this on purpose? Cos I think going from the kitchen to the dinning through the lobby, ante room and main lounge isn't ideal.
Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 6:54am On Apr 24, 2017
tranxo:

Great work!

Looking at the ground floor plan, there seem not to be a connecting door between the kitchen and the dinning. Was this on purpose? Cos I think going from the kitchen to the dinning through the lobby, ante room and main lounge isn't ideal.

There is a door, only that my architect failed to create it in this second sketch. I will attatch the correct version of the drawings later.

3 Likes

Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by tranxo(m): 9:40am On Apr 24, 2017
spyder880:

There is a door, only that my architect failed to create it in this second sketch. I will attatch the correct version of the drawings later.
I for say oo. smiley
Re: New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes by spyder880(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Lets use water to soak this foundation, to compress the loose soil............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process / How To Buy A Lagos State Government Residential Housing Scheme. Dos And Donts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.