Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Where I Come From - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where I Come From (294 Views)

2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Reveals Where Buhari’s Successor Should Come From / Travel Ban List Didn't Come From Up - Presidency / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where I Come From by ecton(m): 11:25am On Mar 29, 2017
Where I come from, you can spot a religious house in almost every street across the nation, yet it's still one of the most corruption nations on earth. Ranked 136 out of 175 countries according to the 2016 corruption perceptions index reported by Transparency International.

A blooming rich cultural heritage is one of the unmarred qualities easily recognized where I come from. Blessed with more than 250 different ethnic groups and cultures, where I come from is a bounty overflowing with affluent heritage.

Where I come from, Patriotism is a trait that has long gone extinct. Why love a nation you know little or nothing about its history? Why adore a nation with poor educational standards in public schools, pitiable health care policies, and inferior basic social amenities?, to name a few.

Where I come from, unkept promises are like birds in the sky. It's normal to make promises, fail, and make excuses for not living up to the promises made.

Where I come from, expecting security assurance is no different from waiting for sunrise at midnight. Swift security response is never guaranteed whenever one is endangered.

Where I come from, the 'streets' is the major employer of labour, employing more than double of what the public and private sector employs joined together.

Where I come from, it's unavoidable to take cognizance of happy and smiling people, no matter the situation. We smile and dance even in privation. The beer parlours must be filled to the brim during the weekends. Soccer matches must be seen and debated on. The bus conductor and his guys (erukus) must gist and laugh, with each holding and sipping from sachets of 'De Rok and Ori Maluu'. Gossips and scandals must spring up in the entertainment world, and our ever humorous comedians must hustle harder to get those bank alerts coming in (gbagam!).

Where I come from, you must 'have leg' (know someone that knows someone at the top) if you ever want to get a job in the Civil Service or get enlisted in any of the armed services. You also need to 'have leg' in order to boost your chances of getting admitted into any of Federal Universities, or even getting a job in the private sector.

Where I come from, a vital sector has been sick since inception. N2.7 trillion was invested in treating this sector between 1999 and 2015 and yet it yielded just 2,850 mega watts increment, to reach 4,600 mW. This shameful development was announced the same year Egypt's National electric grid reached 32,000 mega watts, as disclosed by their electricity ministry. Our power sector has remained epileptic since 1896. This sector has erected a great fortress against any possible remedy. A serious miracle is needed in this sector, one that would benefit 170 million people. One of these numerous anointed men who are gifted with 'healing carbon dioxide' exhaled from their mouths should please blow one to the power sector.

Where I come from, you seldom spot a celebrity that doesn't speak 'phonae' (speaking like the Westerners). Kudos to celebrities like Psquare, Don Jazzy, Reminisce (ibile), and a few others. They've got no time for such wannabe tantrums, and yet they are all successful in their own rights.

Where I come from, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett would get a run for their money if our politicians and top public office holders were to declare their true assets (all looted assets inclusive).

Where I come from, mediocre and follies are celebrated over talents.

Finally, where I come from is no other than the most populous black nation in the world. A nation blessed with strengths and talents, natural and human resources, favourable climate conditions and a fertile ground, but eaten deep by the worms of mismanagement and drawn backwards by the stupendous force of corruption. Nigeria! (Naija), That Is Where I Come From.

Emebo Anthony

Add yours also #WhereIcomeFrom

http://www.owelafrik.com/2017/03/28/where-i-come-from-by-emebo-tony-must-read/

(1) (Reply)

Uk Deports 23 Nigerians / 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria With Amendments 2011 / Around 3 Million Kids Are Proffesional Beggers And Out Of School In Kano!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.