Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,756 members, 7,959,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:12 PM

JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man (1045 Views)

MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials / Wife Of Murdered JUMIA Delivery Man: "Our Children Still Expecting Their Daddy’ / Jumia Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by emmanuel596(m): 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
It is with saddened hearts that we announce the ongoing police investigation on the disappearance of a delivery associate of one of our partners which has been possibly linked to the recovery of a deceased body by police investigators.

The associate was employed by our third-party logistics partner in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Jumia Nigeria’s regional management is working full time with the partner, the local police and the family of the associate to investigate the case.

While the full facts are yet to be known, the delivery associate was reported to have been last seen on Saturday during his delivery runs. We thus await the results of police investigation on the matter.

While we continue to hope for the best possible outcome, we ask that the general public joins us in upholding the family and the logistics partner with prayers and support during this sensitive and difficult time.

Delivery associates and logistic partners are an integral part of our ecommerce business. They are a hardworking force of dedicated men and women who go through rain, sun and tough terrain to deliver to our customers’ expectations. We condemn and stand against all forms of verbal or physical assault against them and regard security on the job of the utmost importance.

We acknowledge and appreciate the public support that has been shown to the family, our partner and Jumia. We ask that continued support and prayers be offered on behalf of the associate’s family during the ongoing investigation, even as we also respect their privacy at this time.

Signed,

Juliet Anammah
CEO Jumia Nigeria

http://ogashub.com.ng/jumia-releases-official-statement-regarding-missing-delivery-man/

Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by AntiWailer: 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
So sad.

Cant fight back tears.

I hate to see people die during their hustle.

Our country failed you. RIP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by ITbomb(m): 12:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
I remember the day a Konga delivery boy brought a freezer for me. There was no one around and I told him to help me take it down and into the house.

The kind look the guy gave me, I knew a lot was going through in his mind, anyway he helped me brought the freezer inside and I paid him inside the house.

I could see the relief in his eyes when he finally mounted his tricycle
Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by baeboo: 2:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
someone was beheaded for 4k

another brutally murder for common phone that will soon be outdated.

soon this evil people will start killing for a plate of food. tufiakwa

All this blood you are sharing, diaris Godooooo

father lord guide our footsteps. we shall not be in a wrong place at d wrong time

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by blessme2019(m): 6:53am On Mar 31, 2017
God bless his soul..... It's a pity that the parents of the guy-looking girl are very rich, she'll soon be set free.
Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by PenisCaP: 6:57am On Mar 31, 2017
Just bcoz a phone... i dnt undersatnd why humans are like this
Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by heavenhug: 7:21am On Mar 31, 2017
MI actually cried when I first read the story
Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2017
They should compensate the family. The guy died in the line of duty trying to put food on the table.
Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 31, 2017
ITbomb:
I remember the day a Konga delivery boy brought a freezer for me. There was no one around and I told him to help me take it down and into the house.

The kind look the guy gave me, I knew a lot was going through in his mind, anyway he helped me brought the freezer inside and I paid him inside the house.

I could see the relief in his eyes when he finally mounted his tricycle
they know how risky the job is.
Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by MrGreenMavro: 8:35am On Mar 31, 2017
angry
Re: JUMIA Releases Official Statement Regarding Missing Delivery Man by byteem: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
I HOPE JUMIA HAS INSURANCE FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO HAVE TO DO DELIVERY CONSIDERING THE HAZARD INVOLVED..

IF THEY DONT THEY SHOULD GET ONE IMMEDIATELY.. INFACT ITS MANDATORY .

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Declared Pretty Lady Susan Elya Wanted For Fraud (Pics) / Re:how Fraudsters Hack Into Your Bank Account Through Internet Banking / Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.