Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,881 members, 7,838,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN (13931 Views)

Yuan Sale By CBN Excites Traders / FOREX : Dealers Unable To Pick $100m Offered By CBN / Should Local Government Claim Operational Licence For Incorporated Companies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by ilelabosinmioko: 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Well done the Federal Government. We shall really get over the mess that the greedy, heartless leaders have put nigeria in to.But the government has to make sure that all projects are properly monitored, because there are more enemies than friends. Please try all within your power to bring down high cost of living. Everything is expensive expecially food items. The government can easily come out with government ware houses where the public could buy food stuff at moderate price. If one look at the faces of average nigerians you will definetily see sign of hunger and stress. Please come out with more relieve plans and see that God fearing people are appointed to supervise your projects. The government may have good intention towards the masses but what about those that do not want the good intentions materialized. i have confidence in the government of our good leaders. More grease to your elbows and long live our prominent President. Alhaji Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by PHIPEX(m): 11:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Another waste of public funds.

I make bold to state that the problem in Nigeria is not lack of capital. Capital is available but is in hiding in Nigeria

Capital inadequacy is a symptom of an underlying malady, and yet another bank will not cure the disease.

The banks are not lending because their research and experience indicates that the risk of default is high. Why is it high?

Because there is no credit rating system...
Because the legal system is weak and easily manipulated...
Because the cost of production is high due to electricity outages...
Because the manufacturing base is weak...
Because government policies are inconsistent...
Because the workforce is poorly trained...
Because the government sponsors foreign goods and services to the detriment of local industry

and so on.

A new bank will not solve these problems.
I wish them good luck as we watch them try
Point of correction, there is standard credit rating system in Nigeria; Xds, CRC, CRS are all in operation and our banks 're linked up to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:02am On Mar 30, 2017
PHIPEX:
Point of correction, there is standard credit rating system in Nigeria; Xds, CRC, CRS are all in operation and our banks 're linked up to them

How effective is this system?
Does it cover the consumer (as opposed to big business)
I dont know my credit score, how to get one, or improve it (if it exists), do you?
It may exist on paper but I seriously question its efficacy and reach

Thanks for the correction though.
Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by bravesoul247(m): 12:19am On Mar 30, 2017
AMOSCO2010:
They no go recruit?
lol. I swear down, na wetin carry me come here.
Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by sonety2k(m): 2:00am On Mar 30, 2017
cool
Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by mapet: 5:05am On Mar 30, 2017
Splashme:
DBN was conceived since 2013 by Okonjo Iweala and Jonathan and commenced operation since 2014. My elder brother joined the bank in 2014.

The Buhari govt came in 2015 to put their activities on hold only to allow them continue operation in June 2016.

Seriously, this fraudulent lying Buhari govt has a way of cornering past govt's achievements and presenting them in the media as theirs

Buhari and APC are such shameless liars

Bros,

If you can comprehend this, know that you're are in the wrong forum. This is section is for sane men

1 Like

Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by erico2k2(m): 7:40am On Mar 30, 2017
PHIPEX:
You are not getting it.that's all in papers . Do you as a person have a credit rating ? .I do .
Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by LastProphet: 7:51am On Mar 30, 2017
another failed project. they will spend all the money on themselves starting with buying the MD official Mercedes car worth 120M as obtains in Bank of Agric, Bank of Industry, etc. then their directors will pay themselves 4M per month like cbn, with 200M gratuity waiting for them. that is all the development bank will achieve
Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by simpleseyi: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2017
735i:

Your own mumu na hybrid....

Learn to stick to the topic of discussion...

Children of hate and anger, what your sister the world bank house girl Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla could not do for 16 years from Obasanjo to Yar'Adua and to Goatluck regimes when the puff-puff cheeked fraudster was Minister of Finance and Looting, the polytechnic graduate like me called Oluwakemi (God has blessed me) has done it.

1 Like

Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by CONFAMA: 11:54am On Mar 30, 2017
papparatzzi2013:
Well done Kemi, for seeing this laudable initiative through.

Your haters enemies and distractors cannot shy away from your achievement.

1. Implementation of BVN - curbed corruption

2. Implementation of TSA - curbed looting

3. Setting up of Efficiency Unit for Govt -- block loopholes for looting and wastage.

4. Halted and reversed the negative growth in Nigeria economy

5. Navigated Nigeria out of recession.

6. Overseeing the take of Development Bank of Nigeria.

What will the lying Pastor Reno Omokirikiri say to all these now?

you forgot whistle blower policy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by DelGardo: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
Splashme:
DBN was conceived since 2013 by Okonjo Iweala and Jonathan and commenced operation since 2014. My elder brother joined the bank in 2014.

The Buhari govt came in 2015 to put their activities on hold only to allow them continue operation in June 2016.

Seriously, this fraudulent lying Buhari govt has a way of cornering past govt's achievements and presenting them in the media as theirs

Buhari and APC are such shameless liars

Abeg no vex o.

-Where is the head and branch offices o the bank
-Who is or was the chairman of the bank
-How much was provided for its operation and by who?

Thank you
Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by PHIPEX(m): 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

How effective is this system?
Does it cover the consumer (as opposed to big business)
I dont know my credit score, how to get one, or improve it (if it exists), do you?
It may exist on paper but I seriously question its efficacy and reach

Thanks for the correction though.
Yes it covers both the institutions and the consumers. You don't have rating till you have a credit history with any financial institution in the country.
Re: Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN by laudate: 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
LastProphet:
another failed project. they will spend all the money on themselves starting with buying the MD official Mercedes car worth 120M as obtains in Bank of Agric, Bank of Industry, etc. then their directors will pay themselves 4M per month like cbn, with 200M gratuity waiting for them. that is all the development bank will achieve

They do not need a development bank. angry It will just end up as a white-elephant project that will eventually close shop like the old defunct Nigerian Industrial Development Bank (NIDB), which died in the eighties. What will this new development bank do, that the current Bank of Industry (BOI) cannot do? Even the Infrastructure Bank Plc which was established in 1992 under decree No. 51 of the 1992 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, from the ashes of the former Urban Development Bank of Nigeria Plc, what has it achieved since 1993, when it was established?

These people should just stop wasting our money, jare. sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Valentine Ozigbo Honoured With Career Excellence Award As VP Applauds Transcorp / How To Make Loads Of Money As A Social Media Influencer / Italy Oil Firm, ENI To Repair Port Harcourt Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.