Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Daisy's Penance - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Daisy's Penance (3112 Views)

Penance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
This is my very first story(and a very short one at that). I hope you enjoy it!

3 Likes

Re: Daisy's Penance by Miraxzeebility(m): 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
¤Ten minutes to 2pm¤
I am seated on the brown settee outside our house. He said he'll be back by 2pm and I knew he was going to be on time,he always was. The Bichon's growl shifted my attention to her,poor thing! She was sad that I was leaving, I could tell by the way she wagged her tail.
"Oh Daisy,come here sweet! she whimpered and moved closer for a pat, 'she is such a beautiful dog' I thought.
"don't worry, I'll see you soon'' I said to her as I stroked her head affectionately. The loud horn of a car made jerk, it was the unmistakable sound of Daddy's Bentley. A glance at my watch told me it was 2pm, Bulls eye! Not a minute late. I stood up as Clifford went to open the gate. Daddy rolled in smoothly,parked the car and came out, swift, pausing for a minute to take in the view of our magnificient mansion. His dark hair danced around with the afternoon breeze, his suit dark and crisp accentuating his stature. Daddy looked at me, smiled and took gentle strides towards me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 11:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
My father at 6 feet 2, a well toned body and perfectly shaped face was a very handsome man and for this I was grateful because I obviously got my good looks from him.
"welcome Daddy" I said.
'Thank you darling' he said, pulling me in for a tight hug.
"How's my Daisy doing this afternoon?" As if on cue, Daisy started barking. Daddy groaned "what on Earth were you thinking, naming your dog after you? Oh I know,you have a connection right?
I smiled and said nothing. Daddy never understood. No one does.
'Clifford !' Daddy called out.
" Sir!"
'Take the Mercedes to Mr John's place, he'll give you a suitcase, then go to David's house and give the suitcase to him. Mr John will be home by 4pm so leave now in order to beat traffic. Daisy's plane will take off by 7pm and I need you to be back before then.
"Yes Sir!" Clifford answered and moved to action.
'but Dad,my plane takes off by 4pm and not 7pm'
"I know I know" he said, steering me inside the house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
"I didn't want you going through too much stress so I changed your flight to 7pm instead, that way you arrive school just in time for bed so you can rest properly. That's better don't you think?"
'yeah I guess so'. I was really looking forward to seeing my friends again,but I didn't tell him that. Daddy was like that sometimes, taking decisions concerning me without asking and I have learnt to just go with it.

Getting inside the house,Daddy asked me to bring his food to his bedroom and headed upstairs. Lunch was Spaghetti and Fish fillet, my favourite. Martha made it specially for me because I was going back to school. I microwaved Daddy's food, fixed his drink and took it to his room. He was in his inner study when I entered. For a man so light in complexion, his esteemed taste in dark colors was incomprehensible. Everything had a touch of black or brown, Ebony furniture, curtains and sheets Floral Brown. Infact the only thing that was bright in the room was the electric bulb.

1 Like

Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 11:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
"Lunch Dad"
'yes, set it on the table, beside the bed. "Mmmmm Is that Spaghetti?"
'Yes Sir' I said as I set it down.
" Too bad I won't be able to eat it now" Daddy whispered behind me.
A cold shiver ran through my spine. How did he know? Then he placed his hands on my shoulder and kissed me on my neck. I could feel his heavy breathing. Fear turned to pain and then resignation. He made me face him and began to kiss me. I tried to fight the tears, I wanted to be strong,but I couldn't.
" I am going to miss you very much" he said, slowly unbuttoning my shirt.
' I'm sorry' I sniffed teary eyed.
"hush baby, you know I love you very much. You're the only one for me".
'you're the only one for me' the words echoed in my mind. I imagined I was at the beach with my friends, a Mother alive to love and care for me, a Father who is here for the right reasons and maybe a brother or sister. I dreamed my life was perfect because it was the only thing I could hold on to, all I had to keep me going.
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
I arrived at school by 9:30pm, with just enough time for me to sign in and shower before lights out. Mr Madu was the one on duty. He welcomed me,calling me 'oyinbo pepper' and offered to help me carry my bag. I politely declined,but gave him an envelope from Daddy and waited to hear the numerous "thank you" and "God bless him" before going to the hostel. I quickly signed in and collected my keys. The loud 'welcome senior Daisy' from junior students sold me out before I could get to my room. Soon enough my friends came out to confirm.
'Daisy! they screamed in unison and ran to meet me.
"surprise!" I said smiling and hugging three of them at once, I missed them so much.
'you this fish you said you weren't coming till Monday,you were pulling our legs abi? Mary grinned
" I know, I'm sorry I could not help it" I said as we got to my room.
"So what's been going on?"
'nothing much' Tonia answered, 'just the usual,teachers murdering us with assignments and that's by the way, Eric has been disturbing our lives asking
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
when you are coming. Biko,first thing tomorrow go to his hostel and show him you are alive o' I blushed and the girls giggled.
"So how was London? Bella asked
"It was amazing,but I can't talk right now I'm very tired. The trip down here wasn't smooth, i'll gist you guys tomorrow. I need to shower and turn in before lights out"
'How inconsiderate of us' Mary chipped 'go on then,we'll help you unpack' she said and gave my hands a tight squeeze.
"thanks dear" I gave them quick kisses,undressed and took my toiletories to the bathroom. I knew they would be gone by the time I was done, one of the reasons I love and respect them, they knew when I needed to be alone and to let me be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 10:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
I had trouble sleeping that night. What little sleep I could get was full of nightmares of Dad drowning in a pool, I couldn't take my mind of the dream. I was going to miss him so much yet I could not wait for it to happen,my insides were knotted with tension. When it was clear that I wasn't going to get any more sleep, I sat up and tried to read till dawn,but nothing stayed.

The next day, during breakfast I got the news that Daddy was dead. The doctor said he was poisoned. I cried and cried till Clinton came to get me. I cried because it didn't have to end this way,he didn't have to bring this upon us. Life could have been perfect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daisy's Penance by adecares(f): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
ooh! i read this again and again with tears in my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Daisy's Penance by Debbietiyan(f): 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2017
Missnande:
I arrived at school by 9:30pm, with just enough time for me to sign in and shower before lights out. Mr Madu was the one on duty. He welcomed me,calling me 'oyinbo pepper' and offered to help me carry my bag. I politely declined,but gave him an envelope from Daddy and waited to hear the numerous "thank you" and "God bless him" before going to the hostel. I quickly signed in and collected my keys. The loud 'welcome senior Daisy' from junior students sold me out before I could get to my room. Soon enough my friends came out to confirm.
'Daisy! they screamed in unison and ran to meet me.
"surprise!" I said smiling and hugging three of them at once, I missed them so much.
'you this fish you said you weren't coming till Monday,you were pulling our legs abi? Mary grinned
" I know, I'm sorry I could not help it" I said as we got to my room.
"So what's been going on?"
'nothing much' Tonia answered, 'just the usual,teachers murdering us with assignments and that's by the way, Eric has been disturbing our lives asking

awn, not following sad were some parts removed? cry
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
adecares:
ooh! i read this again and again with tears in my eyes.

Thanks. Stay tuned, the story is not over yet.
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
Debbietiyan:

awn, not following sad were some parts removed? cry

No,nothing was removed,but i couldn't post everything at once. Scroll down to continue.
Re: Daisy's Penance by MhizDherbee(f): 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
hmmmmmnhmmmmmnhmmmmmn
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
*Three Months Later*

The sun is mild this afternoon,but the fire burning rapidly beside me was not. Daisy sat quietly beside. We were at Daddys graveside burning his diary. I found out about his 'Black Book' as he named it two weeks ago and the truth I chanced upon was devasting. The most shattering of all was that my mother is alive,the story my Dad told me was false.
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]

* Sept 15th 2014*

I saw Nancy today at the Bringhton fund raising event in London looking elegant in a blue muslin dress. She asked if I re-married. I said yes,told her the wife is late but had a daughter. She never re-married,she didn't even change her name. Pity! She doesn't know Daisy is hers. How can she when I told her the baby died shortly after birth. It's a good thing Daisy looks like me. Nancy will never know. Daisy is all I want, she's mine. I love her!
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
If I had seen the diary while daddy was alive I wouldn't have taken the cowardly step of poisoning him, I would have shot him to his face and damned the consequences. Daddy was a very sick man,sick with the obsession he had with me that he robbed me of my mother's love from the moment I was born,then took my innocense at 13 and has been defiling me ever since.

At his funeral, he was eugolized as a role model. It was in my best interest to let it that way,hence the burning diary in front of me. Martha will be released on Friday, I went to great lengths to ensure that it was done quickly and quietly because she was innocent.

My thoughts slid to school,to Eric. I have missed him, I missed my friends. My phone rang suddenly,suprisingly it was Eric.
" speak of The Devil" I said smiling. Eric chuckled deeply,it overwhelmed me.
' Hi Daisy,how are you doing?'
I replied affirmatively.
'Daisy when are you coming back?'. When I didn't say anything he continued.
'I miss you so much, we all miss you.
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
The prhncipal said you have an open pass to SS3 so you don't have to change school or worse repeat SS2, though you'll have to take weekend lessons to make up for the time you've lost. I know you can do it. Listen D, I....
"next week" I blurted out
'what?'
" I will be back in school next week Saturday, I need to take care of some things first. I miss you too Eric"
'wow I'm so excited. I'll let everyone know'
"No don't," I said "I want it to be a surprise"
'Hahaha, that will be a hard secret to keep so don't blame me if I open my big mouth' he said and I burst out laughing.
"bye Eric"
'Daisy?'
"yes?"
'I Love you' he said softly.
I hesitated for a few seconds,my heart was pounding fast,but I knew there was no reason to stall.
" I love you too Eric"
I could feel his smile
' so I'll see you on Saturday?'
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
By the time I dropped the call, I was grinning so much that Daisy started yelping.
" Come on Daisy lets go home, our work here is done".

I'm going to find my mother. I don't have all the details,but I have her name,a beautiful name and I had money. As expected daddy willed everything to me and I was going to start afresh. I took the Bichon Frise into my arms and walked out of the cemetery, leaving the past behind and looking to the future with hope and glee.
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
THE END !

1 Like

Re: Daisy's Penance by MhizDherbee(f): 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
are u kidding me
Re: Daisy's Penance by Mistyice(f): 1:20am On Apr 17, 2017
and thats the only thing you could pick out? @stonemind
Re: Daisy's Penance by Debbietiyan(f): 2:17am On Apr 17, 2017
She gave us heads up that it was a short one.
Nice story; for a first-timer, it's quite impressive.
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2017
Debbietiyan:
She gave us heads up that it was a short one.
Nice story; for a first-timer, it's quite impressive.

Thanks, i'm glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

Re: Daisy's Penance by stonemind(f): 10:07am On Apr 17, 2017
Mistyice:
and thats the only thing you could pick out? @stonemind

Wait oooo who delete my comment? And who's that on your dp
Re: Daisy's Penance by Mistyice(f): 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
stonemind:

Wait oooo who delete my comment? And who's that on your dp

My Grandmother.
Re: Daisy's Penance by stonemind(f): 9:30am On Apr 18, 2017
Mistyice:

My Grandmother.

Wow she's soo fine, Pls can u connect us?
Re: Daisy's Penance by Bank450(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Missnande:
¤Ten minutes to 2pm¤
I am seated on the brown settee outside our house. He said he'll be back by 2pm and I knew he was going to be on time,he always was. The Bichon's growl shifted my attention to her,poor thing! She was sad that I was leaving, I could tell by the way she wagged her tail.
"Oh Daisy,come here sweet! she whimpered and moved closer for a pat, 'she is such a beautiful dog' I thought.
"don't worry, I'll see you soon'' I said to her as I stroked her head affectionately. The loud horn of a car made jerk, it was the unmistakable sound of Daddy's Bentley. A glance at my watch told me it was 2pm, Bulls eye! Not a minute late. I stood up as Clifford went to open the gate. Daddy rolled in smoothly,parked the car and came out, swift, pausing for a minute to take in the view of our magnificient mansion. His dark hair danced around with the afternoon breeze, his suit dark and crisp accentuating his stature. Daddy looked at me, smiled and took gentle strides towards me.

Hello, I would love to get in touch with you can I get your email?
Re: Daisy's Penance by Missnande(f): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
Bank450:

Hello, I would love to get in touch with you can I get your email?
Hi, PM me through NL and I'll reply.
Re: Daisy's Penance by Mistyice(f): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2017
stonemind:

Wow she's soo fine, Pls can u connect us?
LOL funny you.
Re: Daisy's Penance by stonemind(f): 10:24am On Apr 20, 2017
Mistyice:

LOL funny you.

Hey I'm serious.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dedicated To The Best- Cute Sister Tiffanyj! / Analyse This: . . . Bloody Night / Under The Ojuelegba Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.