Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours (20045 Views)

JAMB UTME 2020: JAMB Reduces Registration Fee / BREAKING: Jamb Reduces UTME Registration Fee / UTME: JAMB Reduces Number Of Questions And Exam Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by 2effizy: 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
grin
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Tazdroid(m): 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2017
SeniorZato:

Na you suppose show us ur weac reault for not knowing that malaye or melaye are not English words
u still dey write "WEAC"? undecidedu add "reault" join? undecidedI take it back, keep your "reault", i no won see am grin

1 Like

Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by eitsei(m): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lamzee:
Pls I need help on the Course to choose out of the list courses, I don't have f/maths in my WAEC. UNILAG
building technology

Urban and regional planning

Geology or geography
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by johnjay4u2u(m): 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
Progress?
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Longman6(m): 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lamzee:
Pls I need help on the Course to choose out of the list courses, I don't have f/maths in my WAEC. UNILAG

Guy go for Economics or go to another university to seek admission for your preferred course of study
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by onwards: 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lamzee:

Your maths is solid
so is your chemistry and biology
Physics on the other hand not so impressive

Building tech, urban and regional planning are more about structures and you need to be well-grounded in physics - mechanics and dynamics.

Estate management requires mostly economics. You appear to be sound in that area too.
But job prospects is what I worry about.

Industrial chemistry is great. It fits well in the grand scheme of things. Very versatile too. You can work in nearly all types of industries.

Microbiology and Biochemistry will confine you to medicine and pharmacology respectively.

Don't bother with botany.

If you really have the zeal to go entrepreneurial after school then go with fisheries. The market is expanding rapidly. Agriculture in general.
But your Agric strength seems shaky.

Don't waste time with zoology and psychology.

Geology is very good if you have interest in the mining and Oil and gas industry. The problem is the competition in those areas. Choosing this will mean you have to do very well in school. Your geography strength is very impressive.

Studying geography as a course will mean you are planning to teach - that's if you stay back in Nigeria after schooling.

My recommendation in order of preference:

Geology (if you are ready to put in the work)

Industrial Chemistry

Estate management

Biochemistry/Microbiology

Geography

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by iaamxavier(m): 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
lilfreezy:
They reduced the hours but the number of questions remain the same grin

lol its reduced from 250 questions to 180

eng now 60 instead of 100 the rest now 40 each
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by SeniorZato(m): 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
Tazdroid:
u still dey write "WEAC"? undecidedu add "reault" join? undecidedI take it back, keep your "reault", i no won see am grin
This guy na comedian
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Obidonreal: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
The number of questions in JAMB should be reduced since there is a reduction in the number of hours.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by toprealman: 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lamzee:
Biochemistry, Chemistry, Geography, Urban and Regional Planning... ETC
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by mayoor15(m): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lamzee:
Geology
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
iaamxavier:

lol its reduced from 250 questions to 180
eng now 60 instead of 100 the rest now 40 each

Is this real?
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by oyezsenior(m): 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lamzee:
it's obvious u're good in science. I'll advise you go for Engineering if calculation is your thing. But with that WAEC result, you can. Do any of those courses listed.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by nNEOo(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Soljaboi44:
Oboy... We dey complain say time no dey reach us.. Dey con reduce am again
Chai! cry

Omo u don tee oh shocked,how many yrs you don de ryt jamb now cool
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by youngsahito(m): 1:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
This man is a killer of destiny.u pity science student taking mth,phy n chm.good luck to u all
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by imperiouxx(m): 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
oyezsenior:

it's obvious u're good in science. I'll advise you go for Engineering if calculation is your thing. But with that WAEC result, you can. Do any of those courses listed.

Apart from the fact that his physics is not so solid as the rest of the result, stating the underlined sentence does not agree with what he says here:

Lamzee:

@ Lamzee,

It seems you're good in science and would be better in physical and biological sciences.

Look into this and determine your strengths. Best of luck
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
SeniorZato:

Na you suppose show us ur weac reault for not knowing that malaye or melaye are not English words
W.A.E.C is nt an english abbrievition !kaiii!!!!
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by imperiouxx(m): 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
Oreoo:
W.A.E.C is nt an english abbrievition !kaiii!!!!

He said not an English word and as you said, it's just an acronym. So, he's correct.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by amaheart(m): 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
I advice you go for Geology
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Alwayson: 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
even though they reduce time to 1hr .Good luck to jambite
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by jaymejate: 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lamzee:

Choose chemistry, then you can do Industrial Chemistry if you like! U have upper hand

Use this thread next time
https://www.nairaland.com/3547326/unilag-2017-2018-admission-thread
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by jaymejate: 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
oyezsenior:

Baba, he no get Further Maths
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by introvertme: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
onwards:

Your maths is solid
so is your chemistry and biology
Physics on the other hand not so impressive

Building tech, urban and regional planning are more about structures and you need to be well-grounded in physics - mechanics and dynamics.

Estate management requires mostly economics. You appear to be sound in that area too.
But job prospects is what I worry about.

Industrial chemistry is great. It fits well in the grand scheme of things. Very versatile too. You can work in nearly all types of industries.

Microbiology and Biochemistry will confine you to medicine and pharmacology respectively.

Don't bother with botany.

If you really have the zeal to go entrepreneurial after school then go with fisheries. The market is expanding rapidly. Agriculture in general.
But your Agric strength seems shaky.

Don't waste time with zoology and psychology.

Geology is very good if you have interest in the mining and Oil and gas industry. The problem is the competition in those areas. Choosing this will mean you have to do very well in school. Your geography strength is very impressive.

Studying geography as a course will mean you are planning to teach - that's if you stay back in Nigeria after schooling.

My recommendation in order of preference:

Geology (if you are ready to put in the work)

Industrial Chemistry

Estate management

Biochemistry/Microbiology

Geography

exactly what i wanted to tell him
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by ArewaTech1(m): 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello everyone, my sister while paying the 5.5K got her emailed inputted wrongly and she isn't able to get her e-pin and it's just 19 days left.
Please do anyone here knows how to go about this?

Thank you all
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by oyezsenior(m): 3:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
jaymejate:

Baba, he no get Further Maths
I had D7 in my further maths too and still came out with a CGP of 4.2 in Food Engineering from University of Uyo. I was a guru in maths right from secondary school but jst couldn't pass further maths then though now further maths is a walk over for me. You don't need to pass further maths with a high grade b4 going for engineering. The best graduating student 09' set in Engineering faculty didn't even offer further maths in his secondary schl cos his schl had no teacher for the subject yet he came out with a 1st class. So it's not by further maths. Boy go for engineering if you're good in maths.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by GreyLaw(m): 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
sassiemyk:
I hope they will also reduce the number of questions to meet international standards? And also upgrade the learning and teachings formats to meet international standards? How about allowing students research in the hall to meet international standards? Nonsense!!! Always going ahead of themselves all the time

Most of the people occupying important posts in Nigeria are clueless. They want international standards on paper, yet their organisations and policies are shambolic.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
For every candidate English is 100 questions...which will take 45-60 minutes....for candidates who are taking maths and physics.....will the remaining 1hr 15 minutes be enough to answer maths and physics...talk less of the 4th subject......i'm not a science student tho but jamb is very crazy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity. Choba Campus In Uniport Shut Down / How To Improve My Spoken English? / Know The Institutions That Their Post UTME 2016/2017 Forms Are Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.