Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Don't Look Up To People To Pray For You, Build A Prayer Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Look Up To People To Pray For You, Build A Prayer Life (441 Views)

Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Pastor Oritsejafor Gives Cars, Tricycles, Grinding Machines To People On Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Look Up To People To Pray For You, Build A Prayer Life by GodsMopol: 8:09am On Mar 30, 2017
The first thing you must know about prayer is, prayer is not necessarily praying as we all think, prayer could be singing songs, Paul said, praying without ceasing, in another part, he said, speaking to yourself in psalm, hymns and heavenly songs, my opinion on prayer is, fellowshipping, a connected heart, sometimes, God is sick of our prayers in the religious sense, all we do is do some five minutes prayer and till the next day. But what about the rest of the day if you fall into that category, Paul was never against working Eph4:28, let him labour, but while labouring, nothing stops you from singing songs, hymns and heavenly songs, even if you can't pray, if your shop is the kind where customers kobu 24/7, you might not have a prayer time, I pray in my shop and study my Bible pending the time, until a new customers linking come. Many times, we need to put our body under, get some cool worship songs, download new songs, download some lacrae, some tidachi, some kimwalker, some Hillsong and those beautiful songs out there. I believe God is ready to make us and He's desperately seeking to spend more time with Him, no matter how busy your day maybe, singing won't affect it, studying the Bible might need some form of seclusion,

yea, about seclusion, I think as a Christian, it's a bad thing to be secluded, many Christians has taken up to sinful things during the course of their idleness, just always have a pile of things to do, Paul said, let him that stole, steal no more, bit let him use the occasion that causes him or her to sin, not as a occasion against his flesh, but let him or her redirect the energy into creativity, in those days, I would view some site on this and later, when am fed up, I see a link saying this and that, and I follow the link, many times, you need to exercise your authority as a Christian by saying, In Jesus name, I resist the devil, I would please God, this saying is true, and worthy of all acception, that an idle man is the devils workshop, your joblessness is an avenue for the devil to cause you to sin, resist every thought that cross your mind, the devil operates through thoughts, Lord Jesus, let your delivering power rest upon those reading this post, Halleluhia, I thank God for your healing, that's a prayer of agreement, there is prayer of agreement, Matt 18 19, there is nothing bad in telling people to agree with you in prayer, but what am saying is, don't use the fact that someone somewhere is praying for you, as a bypass or as an avenue not to pray, I wish you understand what am saying, Luke 18:1, said, men ought always to pray, and not faint, you ought to have a personal prayer life, a personal 24 hour fellowship time, you are in synchrony with God 24/7, how would you do that, setting your heart on heavenly things and whenever you are less busy, ponder upon the awesomeness of God, with praise in your earpiece or lips
Re: Don't Look Up To People To Pray For You, Build A Prayer Life by Hier(m): 3:36am On Aug 12, 2017
halleluhia
Re: Don't Look Up To People To Pray For You, Build A Prayer Life by Ishilove: 6:47am On Aug 12, 2017
Godsmopol, I strongly disagree with you on the seclusion part. You say 'you think' that it is wrong for a Christian to be secluded. That's your personal opinion. People have different temperaments and while some thrive in company, others, like me are the opposite. Seclusion, for me is when I'm closest to God. I remember when I was on the mountain, I was so comfortable there that I didn't want to come down. When I'm alone I can concentrate on important things, I'm introspective, I think more clearly, I pray more intensely. The vibrations of creation are felt more deeply when in seclusion.

Don't be subjective in your submissions on building relationships with our creator, and then pass it off as the standard.

Asides this, your post is very helpful. Thanks
Re: Don't Look Up To People To Pray For You, Build A Prayer Life by GodsMopol: 1:23am On Aug 13, 2017
Ishilove:
Godsmopol, I strongly disagree with you on the seclusion part. You say 'you think' that it is wrong for a Christian to be secluded. That's your personal opinion. People have different temperaments and while some thrive in company, others, like me are the opposite. Seclusion, for me is when I'm closest to God. I remember when I was on the mountain, I was so comfortable there that I didn't want to come down. When I'm alone I can concentrate on important things, I'm introspective, I ir e clearly, I pray more intensely. The vibrations of creation are felt more deeply when in seclusion.

Don't be subjective in your submissions on building relationships with our creator, and ten pass it off as the standard.

Asides this, your post is very helpful.

KJV:And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

Loooooool

I understand you sir. My idea of seclusion comes in and I spoke about work, where I introduced Eph4:28

I meant something like an idle man is the devils workshop. I am never against quiet time, have your quiet time, its good, Jesus had a quiet time, but when I mentioned seclusion, I meant been separate without a purpose or motive.

(1) (Reply)

God Absolutely Refuses / What I Need To Know In Other To Preach The Gospel... / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.