Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? (14879 Views)

Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! / Muslim Women Are Reformists, And Not Sextoys - Sisters’ Circle Of Muslim Student / Muslim Women Dancing To "One Corner". Video Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by cashcity: 5:16am On Mar 31, 2017
It's of no news that Islamic religion practice polygamy. Some people claim that the maximum wife men are allowed to marry is four, but we have seen in our society dat quite a reasonable number of Muslim men exceeds that acceptable number of wife.

I keep wondering how one man who intends to marry more than one wife according to Islamic tradition can be accused of infidelity by his first wife or number of wives already married if she finds out that he is constantly seeing other lady(s). In this situation she don't know if the next woman could be a potential wife and therefore can't confront him for questioning.

The question is, how can this woman filter between the potential wife and other side chicks her husband is keeping so that she can boldly accuse him of cheating on her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by LionDeLeo: 5:18am On Mar 31, 2017
OP, pls work on your grammar.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by EthanTL(m): 5:21am On Mar 31, 2017
By the grammatical errors they make angry tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 31, 2017
.The two posters above should answer the question rather than attacking the op

we will analyse the grammar when we get to English class but right now let's face the topic

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 31, 2017
A muslim man cannot have more than four wives at a time, if he wants to marry another woman, he will have to divorce one of the four. Having more than four wives not permissible in Islam. I have personally never met a man with four wives, this is not to say it doesn't exist though. Having more than one wife adds more responsibility to a man shoulders- he would have to be treat them equally in terms of spending, clothing, spending the night with them and other material things that are under his control which is a big responsibility.

Now, if dating is what you mean by seeing other women, then that is not permissible in Islam. Islam does not permit the free mixing between opposite genders. Even if a man wants to marry his first wife, he doesn't have 'date' her. There are specific guideline to pick a spouse. For example, if a man wants to marry a woman, he will have to ask about her, go to her family and make his intentions known. Then he will be able to speak with her, then we have a prayer for guidance (isthikhata) before he finally decides to marry her. The point I am trying to make a man isn't allowed to have extramarital affairs. if he is having extramarital relationships, he is cheating on his wife or wives.

Lastly, it is always much better if a man informs his wife about his intention to take another wife *she will find out one way or another* so say if from the beginning. If he doesn't want to tell her then he should at least be good at hiding it from her. If she doesn't know and finds out he's talking to other women, then she can confront him to find out the truth.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 11:10am On Mar 31, 2017
There is no cheating but there is a permission by the koran to the men to gather as many women they could.

So, if koran permit these, why i go come dey hide they do am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:
OP, pls work on your grammar.

Na grammar u dey spot upandown

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by AbuHammaad: 11:23am On Mar 31, 2017

3 Likes

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by vedaxcool(m): 11:28am On Mar 31, 2017
[s]
ipobbigot7:
Op please drop this fallacy, there is nothing like cheating husband in Islam except the modernisation that's making Muslims to copy Christian patterns in everything in Nigeria.

The original Islamic practice encourages its men folks to marry several women and plenty concubines with the full backings of Sharia law, and even promised them seven virgins in aljonah if they kill the infidels.

In the original Islamic practice the women's rights are not guaranteed, it's this Yoruba Islam with their copy copy modernisation that's is spreading to the northern part Nigeria that is promoting all these.

If you want to be a real Muslim you have to stick to the original teachings and practices of Mohammed the founder of Islam.
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
There is no cheating but there is a permission by the koran to the men to gather as many women they could.

ngeneukwuewuGOAT:

[/s]

Insecurities of this kind are very funny.... the more they see Muslim the more their insecurities are compounded.

11 Likes

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by mmsen: 11:30am On Mar 31, 2017
Answer the question jare and stop attacking people for being inquisitive.

Great question OP, don't mind those attacking you - many of them speak and write worse English than you do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by mmsen: 11:31am On Mar 31, 2017
AbuHammaad:
Any woman the man is bringing home must be known by the existing wife i.e if you marry one, when you want to bring in another one, you must let the one at home know and get her permission, otherwise it's adultery. Once you have up to four, anything outside that is adultery as well

How does one deny permission when the man can divorce you and send you out on the street with nothing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by neocortex: 11:43am On Mar 31, 2017
In practise adultery and cheating only applies to the wife because
the man supposedly has the right to marry as many wives as possible,
so any woman a muslim wife sees with her husband can be claimed to
be a fiancee an therefore the relationship(extra-marital affair) cannot be
contested by the wife.

In conclusion While a woman can be said to be cheating in Islam, a man
cannot be accused of cheating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by ipobbigot7: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Insecurities of this kind are very funny.... the more they see Muslim the more their insecurities are compounded.

What do you expect, when an average Muslim becomes a potential bomb strapper, shouldn't you expect me to be insecured?

If Islam is eradicated from the world, the world will know no bound peace all around.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by AbuHammaad: 11:47am On Mar 31, 2017
mmsen:

How does one deny permission when the man can divorce you and send you out on the street with nothing?

Another angle. But I don't think divorce in Islam is that easy. That's something I haven't read extensively about so I'll leave it for those who know.
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by vedaxcool(m): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2017
[s]
ipobbigot7:

What do you expect, when an average Muslim becomes a potential bomb strapper, shouldn't you expect me to be insecure?

If Islam is eradicated from the world, the world will know no bound peace all around.

[/s]

I have fed you enough, off you go troll

4 Likes

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by ipobbigot7: 11:51am On Mar 31, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

I have fed you enough, off you go troll

Your offer is rejected on arrival, suspect bomb in the package.

7 Likes

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by AbuHammaad: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2017
Astagfirullah I retract my post. Just found this:

The first wife’s consent is not a prerequisite for a man to take another wife. The Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas was asked about this and replied as follows:

It is not obligatory for the husband, if he wants to take a second wife, to have the consent of his first wife, but it is good manners and kindness to deal with her in such a manner that will minimize the hurt feelings such thing might produce. So it’s incumbent on the husband to be kind to his wife, discuss the matter with her in a gentle and pleasant manner, and this should be coupled with spending whatever money may be necessary in order to gain her acceptance of the situation.”

Allah knows best

Mmsen.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by mmsen: 11:56am On Mar 31, 2017
AbuHammaad:
Astagfirullah I retract my post. Just found this:

The first wife’s consent is not a prerequisite for a man to take another wife. The Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas was asked about this and replied as follows:

It is not obligatory for the husband, if he wants to take a second wife, to have the consent of his first wife, but it is good manners and kindness to deal with her in such a manner that will minimize the hurt feelings such thing might produce. So it’s incumbent on the husband to be kind to his wife, discuss the matter with her in a gentle and pleasant manner, and this should be coupled with spending whatever money may be necessary in order to gain her acceptance of the situation.”

Allah knows best

Mmsen.

I appreciate an honest man.

Thanks for the time you took to find the real answer.

With that said I return to my first question - what protects the first wife from neglect, abuse and divorce should she object?

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 31, 2017
mmsen:

A man cannot irrevocably divorce his wife and throw her out with nothing. She has the rights to her children, properties ( including whatever he gave her during the marriage) and if she stipulated conditions during the marriage contract in case a divorce happens, she has the right to that too. The man will also be responsible for upkeep and maintaince of the children.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by mmsen: 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2017
snapscore:

A man cannot irrevocably divorce his wife and throw her out with nothing. She has the rights to her children, properties ( including whatever he gave her during the marriage) and if she stipulated conditions during the marriage contract in case a divorce happens, she has the right to that too. The man will also be responsible for upkeep and maintaince of the children.

And yet it happens. All those child brides who end up with fistula are often thrown onto the street with nothing.
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by ayenny02(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
mmsen:

I appreciate an honest man.

Thanks for the time you took to find the real answer.

With that said I return to my first question - what protects the first wife from neglect, abuse and divorce should she object?
Let me contribute a little I know from my own experience;
The first wife can't or will not neglect as far as she satisfy her husband sexually, respect her husband, she should try to let her food be OK, she should try not to complain too much etc
If u have one wife, you will never know your wife behavior, character, attitude toward you until you have the second wife but you must fear Allah on her behaviour because if you don't handle it very well, it would lead to some........
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by mmsen: 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
ayenny02:

Let me contribute a little I know from my own experience;
The first wife can't or will not neglect as far as she satisfy her husband sexually, respect her husband, she should try to let her food be OK, she should try not to complain too much etc

But let's be honest here - if the man is taking a new wife it's often because he has a desire for her physically. It will be he who neglects the first wife sexually and not the other way around.
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by ayenny02(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
mmsen:

But let's be honest here - if the man is taking a new wife it's often because he has a desire for her physically. It will be he who neglects the first wife sexually and not the other way around.
One of the characteristics of taken the second wife is that the man must be sexually OK to satisfy their wives, if you see any man that neglect his wife sexually, that man cannot or shud not try to marry the second wife
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by chynie: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
A
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by sarahade(f): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
cashcity:
It's of no news that Islamic religion practice polygamy. Some people claim that the maximum wife men are allowed to marry is four, but we have seen in our society dat quite a reasonable number of Muslim men exceeds that acceptable number of wife.

I keep wondering how one man who intends to marry more than one wife according to Islamic tradition can be accused of infidelity by his first wife or number of wives already married if she finds out that he is constantly seeing other lady(s). In this situation she don't know if the next woman could be a potential wife and therefore can't confront him for questioning.

The question is, how can this woman filter between the potential wife and other side chicks her husband is keeping so that she can boldly accuse him of cheating on her?
Rubbish
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by Caleycash(m): 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
ipobbigot7:

Your offer is rejected on arrival, suspect bomb in the package.
Hahhahaha, guy you get time for this scrap shiit individual!!
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by Smytter(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
cashcity:

The way everyother woman finds out. But this time around the moslem women re more scared, cos the Man is likely to marry the other woman he is aving xtra marital affair with. Except if theres a contract between both parties that he wunt marry another, then she can be sure the other woman is merely a side chick.
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
There's no cheating in Islam. Even if you have 8 concubines outside it's not cheating.

#GoAndMultiply
Re: How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband? by Jaydee009: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
Having lived in the north for some years now, I have come to conclude that ISLAM HAS ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD FOR WOMEN. That is worrisome because

1. Kano state alone has over 70,000 women with VVF (a complication of childbirth seen in girls who are given out in marriage as early as 14years - 17 years. This trend must be halted because the rich Imams and mallams who tell their followers to marry early and many wives never give out their own daughters before 18 years no to poor people.

2. It has almost become a tradition to send the make children to good schools while the female children are kept at home or sent to "Islamiyya" which is Islamic education which has little it no relevance to today's world.

3. When sharing properties in families, Islam commands that women should be given the minimal share. Why? Cos they "bear little responsibility" and because "Allah knows best"

4. In Islam, it is believed that women have an inferior brain to men and so men must up to 4 wives cos the very existence of women has been built around men. This is Islamic Law.

5. The average Muslim believes "Islam will dominate the world" and part of the strategy is to marry many wives and litter the streets with children. The big question is, "who bears the brunt? Women!

No wonder Northern Nigeria has the highest rates of maternal mortality, under-5 mortality and highest VVF prevalence in the world.

Women are nothing but pawns in the larger chessboard of Islamic jihad.

6. Till tomorrow, women are not allowed to drive cars, leave the house unaccompanied by a male or vote in elections. If the birthplace of Islam practices this, then the evidence is there for all to see.

So nobody should come here and yap about how much Islam "loves" women. Women should accept their fate in peace and suffer in silence like they have always done.

Salaam!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Did Muhammed Curse Muslims? / The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays / How To Use Math To Say "Eid Mubarak"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.