Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

"Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" (64601 Views)

INEC Withdraws Peter Nwaoboshi's Certificate Of Return / Court Remands Senator Peter Nwaoboshi In Prison / Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Arrested, Detained By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by TopCelebritiesM: 10:53am On Mar 31, 2017
FLASH James Ibori's Senator Peter Nwaoboshi took N4billion from Delta State for a contract he didn't execute, has undeclared assets in Lagos
https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/847613774408302594

EFCC probes lawmaker’s assets missing on Code of Conduct Bureau form

A senator is the subject of a massive probe for not executing N4 billion contracts awarded by the government of Delta State, The Nation learnt yesterday.

Sources told The Nation yesterday that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was also looking into how the lawmaker operates 20 accounts in six banks with different signatories.

Besides, the senator allegedly used a company, to buy a 12-storey building in Apapa, Lagos, belonging to the Delta State Government for N805 million.

The Nation learnt that the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) record showed that the senator “did not declare all the companies and bank accounts he has despite being operational prior to the time he made the declaration”.

The senator’s investigation, a source said, followed a petition from Delta State.

The petitioner alleged that the senator owns a firm which was awarded a N1,580,000,000 contract by the Direct Labour Agency to supply construction equipment.

Instead of following specifications, the petition said, the senator allegedly supplied used equipment, contrary to the Bill of Quantity which specified new ones.

Besides, his firm was alleged to have secured over N2 billion contracts from nine local government areas in Delta worth over N2billion when it was yet to be registered under the Company and Allied Matters Act.

The firm was alleged to have secured N474, 936,000 contract from the Waste Management Board to supply bulldozers, payloaders and tipper lorries.

The, EFCC, however, found out that the equipment were used items contrary to contract specifications.

A source in the anti-graft commission said: “We have traced five companies to the senator. We were able to detect that in the course of contract execution, his company imported and supplied used equipment, contrary to the specifications in the bill of quantity.

“Our team has discovered that the senator’s personal and companies’ bank accounts were linked to a bank verification number (BVN) which has more than 20 accounts domiciled in six banks.

“But his relative is the sole signatory to the accounts.

“They also located one foreign account identified with the senator in HSBC Bank in Marbile Arch London, United Kingdom”.

Responding to a question, the EFCC source added: “So far, the senator has questions to respond to bordering on false asset declaration, official corruption, procurement fraud, tax avoidance, false information, impersonation and embezzlement of public funds.

“We are almost concluding the investigation of the senator. We will soon invite him for interview.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/senator-trouble-n4b-contracts-20-bank-accounts/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by LordIsaac(m): 10:58am On Mar 31, 2017
Robbers! And to say these rogues are LAW MAKERS. I can excuse the high handedness of the executive to a point...but a so-called law maker and a legislator caught up in certificate fogery and fraud? That's the height of it! I repeat, the kind of "cleansing by blood" that is imminent in this nation would not be rivaled by any in history. Nigerians are tired!

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by CriticMaestro: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2017
simply a thief....motto of a Nigeria politician

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by ESDKING: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2017
In Ondo woman's voice "This Naija don tire me and e no go better again, I dey go back to my village ondo state ,sorry I mean ondo local govt and you cannot convince me" . Honestly, I am doubting the future of this country.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by captainD567: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2017
oboy b4 magu falls he will rubbish alot of ppl o.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by Pieromania: 11:32am On Mar 31, 2017
The anti corruption war is getting sweeter,this is the best time to fight corruption by EFCC led by Magu cos many corrupt elements are not in his good book and that is another motivation for him.
More Kunu to ur belly Magu

165 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
Wetin be his name?
Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by naijablood: 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by tommykiwi(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Just as baba Buhari refused to tell Nigerians how much he spent on his medical bills abroad. So dey r both birds of same feathers.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by WebSurfer(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Is it not that man boosting about how ibori was a Godfather even from Prison ?

Na so

Delta state and thieves/bad leaders are like

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by otokx(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Observing as usual, the senators should do the needful before things blow over.
Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by phetto(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
.Dem go dey steal billions as if na change. dis country mata tire me

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by freshness2020: 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
...until they start hanging them by their balls . that's the only time I will take this government serious.

13 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by rozayx5(m): 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

some politicians can feed many local governments for weeks undecided undecided

NIgeria is an error that should be deleted

24 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by alegbeleye(m): 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
We go spoil the country together.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by smartty68(m): 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
EFCC will be like "We've got you monitored". Nice move EFCC

7 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by SNOWCREAM(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Corruption jogs in their vein undecided angry grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by omotommy84(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Are you basira baseje?
Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by Badgers14: 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
cheesy
Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
JEEEZUS!
Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by MrMcJay(m): 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
It's Sahara Reporters again!
The nemesis of thieves and looters.

In Nigeria, once you are accused of an offence and being tried in court, you are presumed innocent and the job of the prosecution is to prove that you are guilty. Even if you keep quiet in court the prosecutors mess up their case, you win.

One innovative way to fight corruption cases is that persons accused of offences related to corruption should be presumed guilty. It is now left for the accused person to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he is innocent.

31 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by Harwoyeez(m): 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
Can Nigeria ever be free from corruption in high places Lord save us

5 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by soberdrunk(m): 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
Magu Magu!! The confirm 'magun' to the looters!!

5 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by Oladelson(m): 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
God is so good!

am sure God isnt happy with this geographical part of the world (NIGERIA)

i wipe cry cry cry for my BELOVED COUNTrY...
Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by AlexCk: 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
Politicians and their deceits.

All for what,

To even pay 10k to workers is a problem, but someone somewhere is 'thiefing' all the cash, or worse, is being paid millions of naira just to sit in an assembly and sleep.

The fact of even having newspaper allowances is baffling.

Nawa

5 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by obajoey(m): 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
I will continue to beg and beg until my Canadian visa becomes a reality. Somebody help me, I don tire

13 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by maxiuc(m): 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
How will my own share get to me if the recover the money

Money recovered by efcc should be shared among jobless youth

3 Likes

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by BabaCommander: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
Ochei must be rolling on the floor laughing right now.

1 Like

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by SeniorZato(m): 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
Who said magu should be disqualified should come and take one slap

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by PapaBrowne(m): 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
Every Nigerian has numerous bank accounts.

Why the heck is that a problem?

If he has a corruption case say he has a corruption case. Don't make it look as though it's a crime to hold multiple accounts

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
grin grin grin grin

The bros above me sha...

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Storm Owerri, Shoot Sporadically (Video) / Fayemi's Convoy Kills Police Officer During Rally In Ekiti (PHOTOS) / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.