Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Calabar Vs Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Calabar Vs Lagos (30993 Views)

Poll: In Your Opinion: Which Is More Beautiful?

Calabar: 65% (62 votes)
Lagos: 34% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Ibadan Vs Lagos / Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 / PH Vs Lagos: Relaxation Spots! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by 68816419: 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2009
Don4life: are u a 9ja guy? cool
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2009
From all indication, seems Calabar is nicer than Lagos.

I've never been to Calabar though.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by mamagee3(f): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2009
Calabar is definitely better than Lagos,
Lagos is the city for excellent dirty Jargons
. grin grin
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by otokx(m): 11:30pm On Dec 26, 2009
is this a question? Calabar is just over hyped, nothing is happening. Ask them they will tell you of Obudu, Tinapa and that is all,
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by reindeer: 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2009
mama-gee:

Calabar is definitely better than Lagos,
Lagos is the city for excellent dirty Jargons
. grin grin

Where everyone in Nigeria still runs to,bring their families to and hope to live till they die and their dead bodies are hauled back to their 'better' origins.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by whiteroses(f): 11:37pm On Dec 26, 2009
is this a joke? is comparing them even legal? calabar versus lagos lol grin lilwayne versus adigun alapomeji
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 12:22am On Dec 27, 2009
otokx:

is this a question? Calabar is just over hyped, nothing is happening. Ask them they will tell you of Obudu, Tinapa and that is all,
which city is more beautiful? is the question being asked here.
no one here is talking about social life or parties and clubs. just admit it, Lagos sucks and it cant even compete!!
all you lagos lovers here or Lagosians that will defend until your last breath. lol
i dont remember people talking about social life and/or fun.

reindeer:

Where everyone in Nigeria still runs to,bring their families to and hope to live till they die and their dead bodies are hauled back to their 'better' origins.
which city is more beautiful? is the question being asked here.
yes there are more job opportunties in Lagos but that still doesnt make it a more beautiful city.
does anyone not see pictures of the Mainland? OMG, NO NO NO!!!
abeg, you people are not answering the poster's question. lol

people may run to Los Angeles or Las Vegas too look for jobs or to break into the entertainment industry, but that doesnt mean they'll be living the high life once they arrive there.
so many people move to the broke areas of Las Vegas and Los Angeles in pursuit of their dreams, doesnt mean its the most beautiful city.

thats why most people end up broke, same as when people move to Lagos and do Okada or become beggars or something.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by namski(m): 2:50am On Dec 27, 2009
Enugu is far better than the two - not sure when Calabar became a state though.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by RuuDie(m): 6:33am On Dec 27, 2009
igbo boy:

In your haste to sound smart you came out sounding dumb, lagos is the name of a city as well as a state smarty pants,
so yea you can compare lagos city with calabar,

Well said. . . . my sentiments exactly; some people are just quick to bash a poster without giving much thot or tryn to understand the message.

@ topic,
neva been to Cali but got lots of pals & family that skooled, served & worked there 4 awhile & from their tales, it sure does sound like the *^iisshh to me!
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by ikposhijnr: 9:45am On Dec 27, 2009
Calabar is Heaven wink Lagos is Hell.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by cvibe: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2009
Not a bad idea to showcase pics on here if you have some.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by namski(m): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2009
shocked grin
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2009
those 19 votes for lagos are a bunch of patriotic lagosian liars!!
the poster said "which city is more beautiful" AH AH!!
doesnt the island only make up 40% or a little less of lagos? what about that trash in most of the mainland that makes up the majority? how dare any of you say those places look better than calabar.
tufia.
you people are just patriotic lagos-lovers/lagosians.

just google image "lagos nigeria" and see all the yeye pictures there. hm!
when you google image "calabar nigeria" or "cross river state"do such yeye pictures pop up? lol
if it had such, im sure the pics would have been there.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2009
Why do I feel this thread is irrelevant . Why do you have compare Lagos with Calabar , aren't they both in naija , why not compare Port Novo with Calabar , Lome with Lagos , Tunis with Portharcourt , Pretoria with Abuja. Why must we always start threads like

Yoruba's are dirty

Poverty level is higher in North and Southwest

Why do Igbo's like money

Guess who's going to school

Igbo's do ritual ,

For once can't we just have one voice , one goal , one vote. If we hate one another ( and ourselves ) so much , why wouldn't others hate us as well.

If you must know

We all are dirty

The average Nigerian - Igbo , hausa , yoruba , ibibio , igala , tiv , fulani , nupe , urhobo , efik , calabar and any other tribe is poor.

Tell me you don't like money and I'll show you a virgin who has 7 children.

I've met very smart Hausa's , Igbo's , Yoruba's and all kinds in naija.( naija is a fountain of knowledge , it is not restricted to one tribe )

We are all guilty of this trend , even yesterday I posted sometime that was a bit tribalistic but we can change if we realise . Sometimes I just wish I was not born a Nigerian
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2009
^^^
do you not hear yourself when you talk? what does this thread have to do with tribe or anything like that?
go and siddon jare!! **off in your own world on a tangent**

go to some other thread with that nonsense or to the racism/tribalism section and start a useless thread.
ah ah!!!
what is wrong in comparing lagos to calabar? (besides the fact that its an insult to calabar lol)

Why do I feel this thread is irrelevant .
why do i feel like your post is irrelevant? ehh? undecided

[size=20pt]YOU NEED HELP![/size]
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2009
@The.Amaka : Don't go there , I can be very mean but I choose to be civil. If you don't like my comments just move on or ignore it.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2009
apocalypse:

@The.Amaka : Don't go there , I can be very mean but I choose to be civil. If you don't like my comments just move on or ignore it.
do i care about how much of an "Incredible Hulk" you can be? ehh?
anyway, i dont see how you have the nerve to come to an innocent thread like this and start saying it seems "irrelevant"
how can you say such? its in the right section and its only comparing two cities.
your comment is actually the one that is irrelevant cause it doesnt have anything to do with this thread.
before now you will go to the romance section and complain about why people started threads about their love for tall people, short people, fat ladies, rich men, or how they cheated on their spouse.
go to the celebrity section next and complain about why people are bashing a certain celebrity, why people dont like beyonce, why people are comparing ini edo to genevieve, or comparing genevieve to omotola, why people love michael jackson, why people compare dbanj to 2face. if this is irrelevant than all of those threads are as well.
there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS THREAD! PERIOD. POINT. BLANK.
so i dont see how you came in here with your irrelevant unrelated tribalistic comments.

"it's only a tribalist person that interprets everything into a tribal issue"
get away jor!!
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2009
@The.Amaka : It is called tribalistic person or tribalist and not tribalist person.
What is the aim of the thread ?, if you have a working brain , you'll realise it is rooted in tribalism ( some would call it ethnocentrism ).
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
apocalypse:

@The.Amaka : It is called tribalistic person or tribalist and not tribalist person.
What is the aim of the thread ?, if you have a working brain , you'll realise it is rooted in tribalism ( some would call it ethnocentrism ).
i type too fast, my bad, but i think you get me point.
hahahaha like i said before
"its only a tribalistic person that sees everything as a tribal issue"
how the hell does this thread have to do with tribe? lol
when i read it i saw it as just lagos vs calabar.
or is it now lagos (being the most diverse city in nigeria) against calabar who are a mixture of people as well that is tribalistic? LMFAO!!! i laugh in spanish.
this guy, go and sleep.
everything is tribalistic in your little pea brain.
explain to me how this is tribalistic.

ETHNOCENTRISM?!?!?! NOW YOU'VE REALLY LOST IT.
the poster only asked "which city is more beautiful" and only a tribalist pea brain like yours will see it that way.
sigh. . . i no blame you, its Nairaland that i blame for distorting your mentality.

always expect that one person to take a totally harmless thread and turn it into another tribal war.
go to another thread with that, abeg, this is not the place. if you are looking for your next tribal fiasco, then you're knocking on the wrong door.

if i say Enugu vs Owerri now can you call it tribalistic? or even Jos vs Abuja? River State vs Bayelsa State? Kano vs Kaduna?
lololol
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by janetjane(m): 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2009
BROS AND SISTERS, WE SHOULDN'T ARGUE THIS ISSUE ,

I GREW UP IN KIRI KIRI TOWN IN LAGOS.  I KNOW HOW IT IS BUT WHEN I GOT TO CALABAR , THE EXAMPLE OF OTHER SO CALLED CITIES.  I DEVELOPED A NEW VIEW THERE.

CALABAR IS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE WHOLE OF LAGOS STATE , I WILL BE COMING BACK WITH THE PICTURES OF THE CITY
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2009
janetjane:

BROS AND SISTERS, WE SHOULDN'T ARGUE THIS ISSUE ,

I GREW UP IN KIRI KIRI TOWN IN LAGOS.  I KNOW HOW IT IS BUT WHEN I GOT TO CALABAR , THE EXAMPLE OF OTHER SO CALLED CITIES.  I DEVELOPED A NEW VIEW THERE.

CALABAR IS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE WHOLE OF LAGOS STATE , I WILL BE COMING BACK WITH THE PICTURES OF THE CITY
YEAH, a real testimony!!! thank you. cool
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by raphy(m): 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2009
wazup ppl!
i think calabar is the rave of the moment i have seen itallin lagosand am begining to h8 it in here am planing to live here next yr with GOD on my side all thing are posible.
i was born in lagos raise in lagos school in lagos saw the good the bad the ugliness of lagos andnow i think am matured enough to live this place to another environment.i wont say lagos is not good but i have had enough of it. wink
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by har: 12:03am On Dec 28, 2009
True, Calabar is really beautiful, the city is just so neat and GREEN!However, there is no basis for comparison between lag n cally, the population of the former just outweighs that of the latter!

Calabar is more quieter,like they say, "Come And Live And Be At Rest" (CALABAR),
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by gregg2: 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2009
Calabar is more beautiful - it's neater, planned, organised and the
inhabitants are hospitable and level headed. Lagos is the opposite.
I would prefer to settle in Calabar anyday.

Though, Lagos has got much more business and money.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by Ojumiii(m): 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2009
Love your country
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by ubebong(m): 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2009
The question wasnt a tribal war. The truth is lagos is more industrious, but calabar is more beautiful. If u have visited calabar, u would affirm wt me dat calabar is not only beautiful, but its so clean, its not overcrowded n the air is fresher. Wen u go there, dnt only stay in one place, fine a taxi to drive u around. In lagos, a place might be beautiful, but wat abt d root 2 dat place. In calabar d place will be fine and d route 2 dat place will b clean. Check out d diffrence. So go 2 cally n experience beauty wt clanliness. Up cally town!
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by DeSplash: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2009
Calabar is serene, clean and lush
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by gidson12(m): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2009
Though i dnnt reside in cally, th carnival attracted me there, mehn bros dem, dont just talk much, that city is so fresh and so clean, if other states should b like calabar, i tell u'll luv dis country
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2009
the 22 people that said Lagos are lying out of their arses!!  grin
probably just some proud Lagosians or some people that were raised or currently living in Lagos that want to be patriotic to Lagos. lol  grin grin grin
everyone that has 2 eyes knows that Calabar is more beautiful.
but yes Lagos is more commercial and more where the money and business is at.

but the question was which city is more beautiful? not which city is more economical. lol
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by chijokes: 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2009
Having spent 8 years in Calabar and now have lived 2 years in Lagos, I stand a good chance to have a good assessment of both places and I will say that Calabar is better than Lagos in a lot of ways.
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by Wasiu12: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2009
o buy na lagos
Re: Calabar Vs Lagos by akinalabi(m): 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
Calabar is cleaner but I dont see it being more beautiful than Lagos. Only Abuja is
more beautiful than Lagos in the whole of Naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

17 Travellers Burnt To Death In Nasarawa Road Accident / Trailer Crushes Man's Car On Enugu-Onitsha Road. He Survives (Photos) / 5 Must-see Destinations In Eastern Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.