Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 (7492 Views)

How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? / Ibadan Vs Lagos / Calabar Vs Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 by tosintunj: 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2007
Part 1
I am a Nigerian , Born and bread in Lagos. I lived all my life in Lagos , however i went for my NYSC in Ogun State Shagamu, before the , I 'd live in Abuja for close to a year.
I had thought the hustling and bustling life in Nigeria was normal, until I got to accra, Ghana.
My Fisrt sight in accra was amazing. I want you all to imagine a City with no Powre failure " No NEPA or PHC or whateva" , Godd road network , No harrassment and egunje of policemen, Security of Lifes and properties, people who love their National flag more than food, whites walking freely everywhere, public transport with three passenger on each role " not four or five as the case in naija", Taxi as cheap as 100 naira worth ,freedom of speech, clean water to drink, affordable food , just to mention but few.
I wept for my dear country and everyday we hear of the people who are supposed to be the custodian of our welfare, fighting over tax payers money, throwing punches and abuses. Have they got any plan for us , its a pity.
A normal guy like me and my friends could afford to stay in place called MCCARTHY HILLS, one of accalimed places for the rich, at cost that will only secure apartemnt for you at ketu mile 12 in Lagos.

What do you have to say to this , contribute,
Re: Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 by dcdal: 2:05am On Nov 07, 2007
Why don't you compare Accra with Abuja? Not making any excuses for Lagos though smiley
Re: Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 by Nameless1(m): 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2007
, accra is nice but i miss my everyday morning bout between , agberos and conductors, danm those were the days of boys in tha hood, wen we all jus comeout , from our face me i face u compound, dey watch as the ppl dey rush go there work place, danm i miss lagos, accra is only fun at nite, but you pointed out some truth about accra tho, but all this same, life in lagos was one hell of a story
Re: Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 by londoner: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2007
Well, I've heard good things about Accra. However, why not compare Accra with Abuja? You say you lived in the rich places in Accra, did you live in the rich places in Abuja? Abuja is not hustle and bustle, neither is Calabar, Jos etc. Its unfortunate that the reputation of Lagos taints the whole country. There are places in Nigeria that are known to be peaceful, orderly and with hospital people. Nigeria is more than just Lagos.

If you lived in the poor areas of Accra, do you think your view of Accra would be the same? While in Ghana, maybe you should investigate the scandals of their own politicians, better still visit www.ghanaweb.com the grass is not always so green on the other side. I read the same things going on there from that site.

Glad you are having a good time in Accra though.
Re: Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 by tosintunj: 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2007
londoner:

Well, I've heard good things about Accra. However, why not compare Accra with Abuja? You say you lived in the rich places in Accra, did you live in the rich places in Abuja? Abuja is not hustle and bustle, neither is Calabar, Jos etc. Its unfortunate that the reputation of Lagos taints the whole country. There are places in Nigeria that are known to be peaceful, orderly and with hospital people. Nigeria is more than just Lagos.

If you lived in the poor areas of Accra, do you think your view of Accra would be the same? While in Ghana, maybe you should investigate the scandals of their own politicians, better still visit www.ghanaweb.com the grass is not always so green on the other side. I read the same things going on there from that site.

Glad you are having a good time in Accra though.

Hi,
Nigeria is the pride of all in Africa, truly black African Pride. I am very passionate about my country. What am really driving at is that we can really move faster than where we are, looking all at our disposal.
I wont lie you, Ghana is clean, peaceful, I have lived in Abuja and i know what am saying.
I have also lived in poor setting when i first arrived accra called ," bortianor" The diffenrence is clear. No power failure, no dirty road, affordable lifestyle.
We need to grow in Nigeria , in Ghana they worship the country Nigeria, they see us large , but i tell you Nigeria is suffering and smiling.
Our case is like that of a poor child with a wealthy ,uncaring father.
This is for our leadr, let those in charge think,

2 Likes

Re: Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 by londoner: 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2007
Accra is clean in some areas, even Ghanaians will tell you that there are dirty places in Ghana. I understand about the issue of electricity. Yes, ofcourse we can move faster, considering what we have, so can just about every country on the continent. As much as we are blessed with resources, our task is much bigger than Ghana's task. Even Ghana has not reached its potential, considering they have been independent for 50 years, they could also have done better with what they have.

Where in Abuja did you live? Where in lagos did you live? I've never heard someone calling Abuja a place of hustle and bustle, neither have I heard it described as dirty with bad roads. I haven't been to Abuja yet, granted, but I will be there in a few weeks.  The same things you are saying about Accra, people have been saying about Calabar and Jos as well as Abuja.

I understand your point, but Lagos is not Nigeria, and Accra is not the whole of Ghana.
Re: Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 by folahann(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2007
Yeah! but you know, Lagos life is different in the whaole of Africa.
Electricity is an undisputed fact but if you move futher you will see some places you will not like to step your feet in (only if you are a real Lagosian). You have seen the good part of Accra why don't you and know the bad sides.
[s]Some areas in Accra don't even enjoy that electricity[/s]
Re: Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 by eryck(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2007
Nigeria has what it takes to be one of the best country in the world, we ve got all the resources you can think of yet nigeria is till this backward. our leaders do not have vision & focus. We need visionary leaders to take us to the promise land.
Our leaders are only interested in our National treasury, imagine an ex-governor purchasing a jet worth $25million, a car worth N70million, please is this money not enough to fix atleast one of our refinaries. These peeps do not deserve to live yet they are treated like heroes.

The moment you step out to the western world then you will understand what am talking about where the "economy works".
Nigeria ought to have gone pass this phase long long AGO.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Good Hotels in lagos / Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO / Emirates Restores Flights To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.