Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX (13889 Views)

CBN Asks Banks To Return All Mutilated Notes Between June 3 & September 2 / Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts / The Nigerian Bank That Operates The Best Kiddies' Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by spafu(m): 8:06am On Apr 01, 2017
Mentcee:
Buhari is actually a fool.

Gentlemen, you may now pre-order a copy of my new book titled THE IDIOT CALLED BUHARI.

press like to order Pls.

Thanks.
Well I done place my order. Your book came out at the same time with my own, "How the Foolish Fool from Daura fools himself with Cut and Join Economic Management Style". For the e-book copy hit like and share if you want the hardcopy.
Make any Gambari and Afonja no quote me here o, because when una do una own with El-rufai, Lai Mohammed and Ameachi I no quote any 'bagar' o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by seangy4konji: 8:06am On Apr 01, 2017
oma ga o
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by ahamonyeka(m): 8:17am On Apr 01, 2017
April fool!!!

1 Like

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by ahamonyeka(m): 8:21am On Apr 01, 2017
We will be killing ourselves and be calling buhari.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by do4luv14(m): 8:27am On Apr 01, 2017
Policy after policy , had succeeded only in driving the economic backward since the inception of this present administration,

and the CBN is nt helping matters, with a finance minister who does not know her onions, yet refuse to refus to ask for advise from those who knows thiers,

befor anything, i repeat any meaningful thing can hapen, let, them lift the ban on our naira mastercards and others,

2 Likes

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by SmartMugu: 8:36am On Apr 01, 2017
April fools, right?
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by Mouthgag: 8:47am On Apr 01, 2017
Mentcee:
Buhari is actually a fool.

Gentlemen, you may now pre-order a copy of my new book titled THE IDIOT CALLED BUHARI.

press like to order Pls.

Thanks.
Frustrated osu
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by kaysy(m): 9:12am On Apr 01, 2017
Email failed to deliver
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by Fogman(m): 9:43am On Apr 01, 2017
Hope they will act to their words. Requested for mere $4000 from Diamond Bank for a trip to Dubai, Obafemi Awolowo way, Ikeja branch they delayed my application and when I called them after 5 days for update, the useless staff that attended to me had the gut to tell me they forgot to process my application and I should call back in 48 hrs. When I called, they told me they had no dollar.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by HEIR: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2017
Fogman:
Hope they will act to their words. Requested for mere $4000 from Diamond Bank for a trip to Dubai, Obafemi Awolo way, Ikeja branch they delayed my application and when I called them after 5 days for update, the useless staff that attended to me had the gut to tell me they forgot to process my application and I should call back in 48 hrs. When I called, they told me they had no dollar.
Dubai and passengers travelling not more than 4hrs trip are exempted. I did request myself didn't get any call back. Traveled was selling as low as 360/$ even better than bank, even some aboki sold at 375/$.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by charlsecy(m): 11:01am On Apr 01, 2017
coldsummer:

$100 is too small and i think it's only gtbank that does the $100.
I think Access also allows $100 monthly.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by Mcreloaded(m): 11:45am On Apr 01, 2017
This Nigeria is getting worse imagine the police will tell u bail is free
The police will say policemen on road block don't take bribe
Custom officers will say their officers don't take bribe even when the papers are complete for imported tokumbo
Now CBN has joined them
Why don't the co called authorities go to the bank in disguise
Or the authorities go to bail someone and see if bail is free
Or the authorities take a cleared vehicle through Benin - Ore road with complete papers if they won't be asked for bribe at gun point etc

Please the CBN should check the banks codedly then embracing Nigerians telling them to call numbers that will never go through
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by Fogman(m): 12:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
HEIR:
Dubai and passengers travelling not more than 4hrs trip are exempted. I did request myself didn't get any call back. Traveled was selling as low as 360/$ even better than bank, even some aboki sold at 375/$.

I didn't travel with a direct flight. I requested when dollar was selling for N450 at black market, some 3 weeks back
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by lonelydora: 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
GTBank, Trans-Amadi, Port Harcourt. They will rather refer you to an aboki(BDC operator) who owns an office inside the bank.

1 Like

Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by CellTabRepairs: 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2017
Namsense!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Need To Earn Huge Cash Returns Very Quickly This New Month and 2nd Quarter of 2017!
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by erico2k2(m): 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
Fogman:
Hope they will act to their words. Requested for mere $4000 from Diamond Bank for a trip to Dubai, Obafemi Awolowo way, Ikeja branch they delayed my application and when I called them after 5 days for update, the useless staff that attended to me had the gut to tell me they forgot to process my application and I should call back in 48 hrs. When I called, they told me they had no dollar.
This is what them silly people who got no biz with forex don't knw. The banks sell nada .
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by 360command: 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
coldsummer:
we don't have to report anyone. At least open our cards for international transactions.

$100 is too small and i think it's only gtbank that does the $100.

You are out of the cluntry and still cant use POS above $100

Make it $1000 or $2000
a friend told me she can't use her ATM card outside Nigeria even after the money was deposited in her Nigerian acct. any alternative for her to get the money? she said CBN has blocked ATM card transactions outside naija. she is using UBA.
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by coldsummer: 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
360command:
a friend told me she can't use her ATM card outside Nigeria even after the money was deposited in her Nigerian acct. any alternative for her to get the money? she said CBN has blocked ATM card transactions outside naija. she is using UBA.

Won't work

I have same problem here
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by Origin(f): 4:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
That is not transparent enough.

Open a website that is visible to everyone and let anybody who has complaints drop full details of their complaints including ( bank, bank branch, transaction details, manager I charge, PTA forms submitted etc).

And an update from CBN and EFCC if each of these complaints have been treated.

You don't cure a disease by hiding it under clothes.

This information needs to be made available to every account holder at least ( CBN website is not a means of passing information to a very wide variant of audience- probably more accessible to banks and BDCs etc)
Re: CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX by StepG: 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
alaamword:
In a statement released on its website today, the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN, has asked Nigerians seeking to buy forex for BTA, PTA, medical and school fees but are being frustrated by any bank, to call this number 07002255226 to report such bank.
According to the statement, some Bank customers have complained that since the apex bank issued a directive that banks should sell forex at N360/$1 to its customers, some of the banks have refused their request for FOREX, saying they do not have enough foreign exchange. CBN says this is a lie as the banks have been adequately supplied with forex. Read the statement below
Information reaching the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) reveals that some customers seeking to buy forex for BTA, PTA, medical and school fees are being frustrated by some banks with the false claim that the CBN is not allocating enough forex to them for BTA, PTA, Tuition and Medical fees. This claim is totally untrue. All banks have more than enough stock of forex in their possession for the purpose of meeting genuine customers’ demand for BTA, PTA, tuition and medical fees.
Indeed, on a weekly basis, the CBN has been selling at least $80m to banks for onward sale to their customers for these invisible items. Members of the public seeking to buy forex for the above-mentioned purposes are, therefore, advised to go to their banks and obtain their forex.
Any customer who is not attended to within 24 hours for BTA/PTA or 48 hours for tuition and medical fees should call 07002255226 or send an email to cpd@cbn.gov.ng , with the name and branch of the non-cooperating bank. Furthermore, no customer should accept to buy forex from any bank at more than the CURRENTLY prescribed rate of N360/$1.

http://screengist.com/2017/03/31/cbn-asks-nigerians-to-report-any-bank-that-fails-to-give-them-forex-within-24-hours-of-request/
wow nice one CBN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In: Make 70k+ Monthly From Daily Savings Business Using POS And ATM Cards / Learn How To Earn Over 100k Monthly Doing Snacks Business In Nigeria / CBN To Admit Bdcs Into Interbank Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.