Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

VIO Want To Scam Me HELP! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / VIO Want To Scam Me HELP! (1264 Views)

My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG / Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIO Want To Scam Me HELP! by mykel25(m): 6:21am On Apr 01, 2017
Was driving a friends car when VIO stopped me... They checked all documents including tyres.... They could not figure anything offensive and he went ahead to demand for my LASDRI ... ..I was like LASDRI ke? To the best of my knowledge that's meant for commercial vehicles...it was like I'm dreaming.... Often heard these guys intimidate the unlearned with so many things just to milk them of money.... Omo d matter ni gree settle oooo.... I was told to drive to their station, I refused initially and they threatened to toll the car that I ll end up paying 50k offense plus tolling.... I just weak I had to drive to their office Atleast to obey before complain.... Before I know it.... They already ticket me to pay 20k ha! For this recession.... PLEASE NIGERIANS ENLIGHTEN ME OOOOO want to know if m guilty or just wanna be scammed

MOD please push to FP let VIO top official see to this

Uploading d vehicle documents below

Re: VIO Want To Scam Me HELP! by StagRay(m): 6:29am On Apr 01, 2017
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]Hi guys! Pls can somebody tell me how much is a bus fare from Yola to Abuja.
Re: VIO Want To Scam Me HELP! by colossus2: 7:41am On Apr 01, 2017
StagRay:
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]Hi guys! Pls can somebody tell me how much is a bus fare from Yola to Abuja.
10 naira undecided

1 Like

Re: VIO Want To Scam Me HELP! by colossus2: 7:53am On Apr 01, 2017
mykel25:
Was driving a friends car when VIO stopped me... They checked all documents including tyres.... They could not figure anything offensive and he went ahead to demand for my LASDRI ... ..I was like LASDRI ke? To the best of my knowledge that's meant for commercial vehicles...it was like I'm dreaming.... Often heard these guys intimidate the unlearned with so many things just to milk them of money.... Omo d matter ni gree settle oooo.... I was told to drive to their station, I refused initially and they threatened to toll the car that I ll end up paying 50k offense plus tolling.... I just weak I had to drive to their office Atleast to obey before complain.... Before I know it.... They already ticket me to pay 20k ha! For this recession.... PLEASE NIGERIANS ENLIGHTEN ME OOOOO want to know if m guilty or just wanna be scammed

Drivers of private companies and commercial vehicles who fail to be certified by the Lagos State Driver’s Institute, LASDRI, will soon be sanctioned in line with the traffic law.

Soon, the state government would commence arrest and prosecution of recalcitrant drivers. According to the commissioner, any offender is liable to fines ranging from N50, 000 to N250, 000.

Speaking at the 2013 Vehicle Inspection Service, VIS, road safety campaign week entitled: ”Driver’s Health-Key to safe driving”, the Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, added that from April, 22, 2013, traffic law enforcement agents will embark on arrest of any driver without LASDRI license.

Explaining government’s magnanimity on the need to get certified, Opeifa, warned organisations to comply with the law, adding that most firms deny their drivers opportunity to attend trainings meant to upgrade their skills, as well as further ensure safety on the road.

His words: “we are focusing on voluntary compliance. Over six months, we have been sensitising the public on driver’s documentation exercise. We will commence enforcement on April 22, 2013. Drivers with Guinness, Dangote and corporate organisations are advised to comply as there will be no waiver.

“In order to improve the competence of drivers and ensure the safety of persons on highways, the Ministry of Transportation, has introduced periodic training for drivers through LASDRI for recertification and rehabilitation of professional drivers.

“It is a fact that drivers have the responsibility to be properly trained, licensed and most importantly be physically and mentally fit before going onto the roads. Most accidents on our roads are as result of human error that could be avoided if necessary precautionary measures are put in place.”

On the VIS safety week, Opeifa said it is aimed at further educating motorists and achieving the goals of the government on zero tolerance on unworthy road vehicles.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/lagos-to-fine-drivers-without-lasdri-licence/

You can go through the thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1260636/lagos-fine-drivers-without-lasdri#15283519
Re: VIO Want To Scam Me HELP! by Whizpeter(m): 8:48am On Apr 01, 2017
No matter what you do, don't ever agree to follow traffic officials to their office, they would surely extort you and you can't escape it!

Its better you try to sort out everything on the road!!

Op, just try to negotiate with them, if they refuse, pay the 20k and move on!! You just learnt a lesson!!

As for me, I don't stop for any traffic official except those licensed to own a gun!

1 Like

Re: VIO Want To Scam Me HELP! by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 01, 2017
Yesterday was the first time Vio would stop me in my 11 years driving experience. They checked all papers and everything was correct. Asked for drivers license and I gave them the original which expired in December 2016 but I already applied for another 5 yrs license which I got the temporary in January, showed them that too. The temporary lasts for just 2 months after which I am required to go back to FRSC for stamp. Anyway I didn't even know my temp license had expired but the Vio official showed me that it expired on March 21st, but the guy was so understanding. He knew it wasn't my fault that FRSC are incompetent in producing drivers license even after 6-8 months of paying, some people even wait 1 yr without getting the permanent license. So the guy just told me to go to FRSC for extension and let me go.

Fast forward 1 hr later, I came to a police check point, asked for license and papers which I showed him. And then said my license expired March 21st, told him I applied for 5 yrs and it's not ready. They stupid police no even want listen, he said I will follow him to station. On top what? For the incompetence of FRSC? For license that I have already paid for since January. It's not even my first license oh, renewal for that matter. I don't know why it is too difficult for frsc to manufacture drivers license on a timely bases especially renewals when they already have the data. At long last I had to give the policeman 500 naira before he gave me back my license.
Re: VIO Want To Scam Me HELP! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:11am On Apr 01, 2017
mykel25:

What were you booked for? If it was for not having the lagos state drivers license, then you have a case and you can take it up with them. Seek legal council and weigh your options.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Would You Buy Mr Bean’s Mini Car Lookalike For ₦36M? / Please How Do I Identify Good Tyre / I Need Volvo Engine!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.