Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism (537 Views)

Governor Obaseki Speaks On Fight With Oshiomhole. Video / Nigeria & France Battle For Influence: Gambia Became Ground Zero. / Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by akelicious(m): 7:09am On Apr 01, 2017
Nigeria and France will continue to deepen the robust diplomatic, economic and military relationships between the two countries, even as they indicate their readiness to explore new ways to confront and defeat terrorism ideologies.
This was the highlight of the bilateral meeting between Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and French Prime Minister, Mr. Bernard Cazeneuve, in Paris after Osinbajo attended the just concluded global forum on Anti-Corruption and Integrity hosted by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
While recalling the tremendous progress made by Nigeria in degrading Boko Haram and suppressing insurgency in the country, Osinbajo stressed that the need to break the ideological underpinnings of terrorism had become imperative.

“One thing left for us to deal with is de-radicalisation, defeating the ‘ideology’ behind the mindless killings and violence. This is what we have to deal with now,” he said.
Osinbajo observed that there was the view that some of the issues involved in the fuelling of terrorism were governance related, adding that “it goes beyond the political and economic to the ideological, and we are now focusing on the challenge, and how to deal with it.”
In a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande yesterday, Osinbajo stated that the Federal Government would be happy to work with France and other diplomatic partners who may have to deal with such problems as the challenge of de-radicalisation.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/04/nigeria-france-to-collaborate-on-fight.html

Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by abouzaid: 7:44am On Apr 01, 2017
the French are only interested in selling weapons to Nigeria. they have no interest whatever in the country's well-being.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by Origin(f): 7:58am On Apr 01, 2017
The French have been accused of funding BH . By paying for ransoms for their kidnapped national.

Worthy of consideration:
With zero tolerance for terrorism, why would you pay such groups huge ransoms.

Why is it only Kidnapped French nationals that are returned alive by BH- most other citizens are often killed.

Read this in a newspaper article recently.
Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by EVarn(m): 7:59am On Apr 01, 2017
abouzaid:
the French are only interested in selling weapons to Nigeria. they have no interest whatever in the country's well-being.
The French will never sell "sophisticated" weapons to Nigeria,only defence gadgets like Armoured Personnel Carriers,rifles,patrol vessels etc....gadgets we can make ourselves.
Sales of heavy weaponry like tanks and fighter jets will be stifled by either US pressure or their own foreign policy towards us.
Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by abouzaid: 8:15am On Apr 01, 2017
EVarn:
The French will never sell "sophisticated" weapons to Nigeria,only defence gadgets like Armoured Personnel Carriers,rifles,patrol vessels etc....gadgets we can make ourselves.
Sales of heavy weaponry like tanks and fighter jets will be stifled by either US pressure or their own foreign policy towards us.
their ambassador said not too long ago that they are interested in selling whatever weapons Nigeria want to them without restrictions.
Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by EVarn(m): 9:12am On Apr 01, 2017
abouzaid:
their ambassador said not too long ago that they are interested in selling whatever weapons Nigeria want to them without restrictions.
I have never come across such a statement."Without restrictions" seem to be a rather strong phrase.
Even if they decide to sell us heavy weapons(which I highly doubt),US pressure will not allow such a deal.
Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by abouzaid: 9:19am On Apr 01, 2017
EVarn:
I have never come across such a statement."Without restrictions" seem to be a rather strong phrase.
Even if they decide to sell us heavy weapons(which I highly doubt),US pressure will not allow such a deal.
i would give you the link later, i think they're pressed for cash and probably believe they can sell basic things to our backwards thinking army at a nice profit.
Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by Amarabae(f): 9:29am On Apr 01, 2017
I hate anything France, They are evil! Go to Francophone African countries and see their devilish neo-colonalism at work.
Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by cybernaut(m): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2017
Let them finished terrorism at their door step before helping us fight boko haram. These evil nation called France and Britain shuld leave alone. Africans are peaceful and happy people. Am proud to be an Africa period.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by EVarn(m): 10:22am On Apr 01, 2017
abouzaid:
i would give you the link later, i think they're pressed for gas and probably believe they can sell basic things to our backwards thinking army at a nice profit.
Right.
Our military seem to be lacking vision just like the government.We can more easily purchase heavy weapons from Russia,China and Pakistan,but the defence guys seem to be obssessed with western hardware.
Betterstill,DENEL Rooivalk attack helicopter(a South African product,one of the best in the world) needs funding to reactivate production,why cant our DHQ partner with South Africa's DENEL and other 3rd world countries(like Pakistan,Brazil etc) who have the advanced military technology and pump money into R&grin?,that way we get the technology for our owm future independent projects and also the patent to mass produce such weapons here in Nigeria.
Instead,we have people who are comfortable with importing bullets.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by abouzaid: 10:45am On Apr 01, 2017
EVarn:
Right.
Our military seem to be lacking vision just like the government.We can more easily purchase heavy weapons from Russia,China and Pakistan,but the defence guys seem to be obssessed with western hardware.
Betterstill,DENEL Rooivalk attack helicopter(a South African product,one of the best in the world) needs funding to reactivate production,why cant our DHQ partner with South Africa's DENEL and other 3rd world countries(like Pakistan,Brazil etc) who have the advanced military technology and pump money into R&grin?,that way we get the technology for our owm future independent projects and also the patent to mass produce such weapons here in Nigeria.
Instead,we have people who are comfortable with importing bullets.
so you think that the likes of buratai and dambazzu knows the meaning of R&grin,most of these men can't pass waec talkless of thinking policy, they probably still believe that gsm technology is witchcraft.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by Bashirfuntua(m): 11:17am On Apr 01, 2017
as
Re: Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism by EVarn(m): 11:52am On Apr 01, 2017
abouzaid:
so you think that the likes of buratai and dambazzu knows the meaning of R&grin,most of these men can't pass waec talkless of thinking policy, they probably still believe that gsm technology is witchcraft.
I do wonder what can be done to remedy our political system.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Harassing My Family — Shocking Revelations Of Goodluck Jonathan / Uwazuruike Announce Biafra Day Celebration Line Up Activities / I Don't Know When I Will Be Back - Buhari Writes Senate On Medical Trip To UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.