Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me (26779 Views)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / Help ! NIPOST / NIPOST Returned My Missing Packages​..my Nairaland Success Story! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by teemonk(m): 12:04am On Apr 02, 2017
It's their ways ma dear. I also bought an item from Aliexpress last year for my wedding at December. The item got to Kaduna state where I am but unfortunately, I was in Abuja when they called and I said I wasn't home in KD but will come over to the office to pick it up. On getting there, I was told it is missing and couldn't be found. it was devastating for me and my wife to be then. I got angry and forgot about it cos I couldn't open a dispute with the seller cause she was told the item got to Nigeria. it was a bad experience and worst, is that they are nonchalant towards customers.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by esmarcq(m): 12:17am On Apr 02, 2017
tdayof:

Coming from someone who hasn't used them out of Nigeria.

Have used Nipost several times and package are do get delivered withing 5-8 working days.
delivery within the country is different from sending, guess you've never sent a package thru NIpost out of The country
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by mavinc4u(f): 12:17am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:
Please mods move this to Front page..

I have been buying stuffs on eBay since 2012. The first time I decided to sell was last year. I posted my 64gb iPhone 6 on eBay. I actually posted it as auction and the highest bidder bought it @ 420 USD.The buyer happened to come from Sri Lanka.

I was asked to ship the phone to Sri Lanka after the money entered my PayPal account. I used NIPOST first class mail to ship the phone Sri Lanka on the 14th of November 2016 and I was provided with a tracking number of which I gave to the buyer.After some weeks, my money became available.

I posted another Iphone 6. I was surprised when the buyer from Sri Lanka opened a dispute claiming he hasn't received the device. I tried but the tracking details showed its in Colombo.

The buyer escalated the case and they refunded him and debited my account. I went to NIPOST and they told me its not their fault that the iPhone had left the shores of Nigeria. They later agreed to send a mail on my behalf of which they did.

They even copied me and since then I haven't gotten any reply from both parties. Anytime I meet them, they sound so non chalant.

Please who has experienced such before? If I don't meet NIPOST, who else do I meet cos they were the ones that sent my parcel.

Please what do I do? They have my money as well as my IPhone. I am tired of calling them. Your suggestions here will be highly appreciated.

I attached screen shots of tracking numbers here.

you are really reporting late on this issue. you can contact sri lanka post on http://www.slpost.gov.lk/ that package left their office of exchange and was probably delivered to the buyer. contact them to see if they can get more details from their internal tracking.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by SundryInfo: 12:20am On Apr 02, 2017
Zdoh:
You are just ignorance of one small thing,what if i tell that,the buyer lied to you?There is one thing about paypal which is chargedback,it always and will always favour buyer no matter what.I am not defending NIPOST but the truth has to be told.The recieved that phone and at the same time file a chargeback.He just robbed you off,next time any buyer that can not send his/her paypal payment as friend and family or gift,kindly refund them because it will later bounce back on you.

Please enlighten me.

Do u imply that there are funds sending packages on Paypal and one of them allows charge back to be done?

Can u also throw more light on this chargeback thing?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by chronique(m): 12:23am On Apr 02, 2017
Are you a visitor in naija? You saw DHL, UPS, FedEx, and Co, you didn't use them. You now went to use nipost? Have you ever seen any Nigerian govt run establishment that is effective? Guy, blame yourself.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Richiejaystar: 12:27am On Apr 02, 2017
@op just pray and believe for all things are possible...
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by jiinxed: 12:39am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

I have been there 3 times

The one at amajieke? When next you go there, ask for eze. That's all I can do for now. You helped me one time like that. Do you still have a shop at Mbaise road?
Wish you all the best, I know how frustrating these issues can be.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by chronique(m): 12:44am On Apr 02, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Nipost is a very useless company. I remember when I wanted to apply to the university, I used Nipost to send my application forms. The admission list came out and my forms were still in Nipost office. Run away from anything Nigerian. Better safe than sorry.

My own was my transcript and other admission documents I sent to John Hopkins university. My package didn't get there until after the closing date. Yet, I used their first class mail service. Never use nipost to send anything important.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Mc23(m): 12:53am On Apr 02, 2017
Well, Lesson learnt but if you have an insider that is LOYAL to you. NIPOST has worked for me all the times i need to use it. I simply send my docs or whatever to my contact over there he ships it with little or no cost and a little more for follow ups. kaboom. Delivered successfully.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

U are right...But Chinese guys use China Post. Other countries use their own national handlers. This was my first encounter with NIPOST and it turned out to be a very bad experience. The worst thing is..I even called one day and one of their customer care agents picked and started speaking Yoruba. I had to tell her I don't understand the language before she changed to English. she told company like NIPOST.Anyway, thanks again for the advice.

Wow. That means they're crap. From the item summary, looks like the final destination they put on ur parcel was Sri Lanka. It actually reached Mumbai India first, then they passed it on to Colombo sri Lanka.

Some lucky guy probably just pocketed the thing. Maybe they even switched addreses btw ur parcel & someone elses parcel. Smh.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:02am On Apr 02, 2017
chronique:

My own was my transcript and other admission documents I sent to John Hopkins university. My package didn't get there until after the closing date. Yet, I used their first class mail service. Never use nipost to send anything important.
That company resetted my destiny, I had to sit at home for a whole year. But John hopkins, you must be a genius of some sort.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Bollinger(m): 1:07am On Apr 02, 2017
Funny thing is in the U.S, you phuck with someone's package and it's automatically a federal offence. Federal offence number one. You a phucked for life. Meanwhile in Nigeria, anything goes. What a country. Smh.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by lazinny(m): 1:10am On Apr 02, 2017
NIPOST is not perfect but in your case the fault is clearly from the postal service of Srilanka. Once intl post is concerned (not courier), upon arrival in the country, mails are handed over to the destination country postal service for the final local delivery. There is no NIPOST in Srilanka!!! It's srilanka post that'll deliver it to ur customer and they seem to have lost your mail Or even delivered it without updating it on the system, its really hard to tell. I don't see anyone blaming USPS or China Post when nipost messes up, so y are people blaming nipost in this case?? Nipost can​t do much but send query emails to Srilanka post, they are the only ones that can trace your mail.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 02, 2017
Hmm ORO BURUKU RE OOOO. WHEN I SENT MY PASSSPORT TO SWAZILAND IN 2013 LOL I JUST THANK God thats all i can say.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by ghettochild(m): 1:30am On Apr 02, 2017
nipost aint a company buh a failed structure poised for embezzling funds under the disguise of been a courier company. they suck at everythng whether its sending or receiving goods. the system is corrupt n so is every one working there. they steal ur deliveries only to tell u someone else picked up.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Turbocharged: 2:23am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

I have been buying stuffs on eBay since 2012. The first time I decided to sell was last year. I posted my 64gb iPhone 6 on eBay. I actually posted it as auction and the highest bidder bought it @ 420 USD.The buyer happened to come from Sri Lanka.

I was asked to ship the phone to Sri Lanka after the money entered my PayPal account. I used NIPOST first class mail to ship the phone Sri Lanka on the 14th of November 2016 and I was provided with a tracking number of which I gave to the buyer.After some weeks, my money became available.

I posted another Iphone 6. I was surprised when the buyer from Sri Lanka opened a dispute claiming he hasn't received the device. I tried but the tracking details showed its in Colombo.

The buyer escalated the case and they refunded him and debited my account. I went to NIPOST and they told me its not their fault that the iPhone had left the shores of Nigeria. They later agreed to send a mail on my behalf of which they did.

They even copied me and since then I haven't gotten any reply from both parties. Anytime I meet them, they sound so non chalant.

Please who has experienced such before? If I don't meet NIPOST, who else do I meet cos they were the ones that sent my parcel.

Please what do I do? They have my money as well as my IPhone. I am tired of calling them. Your suggestions here will be highly appreciated.

I think the buyer played you a fast one. The goods you sent to him has reached Colombo, which is a city in Sri Lanka. Now he has ripped u of the money, he will still go and collect the phone.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by richie9093(m): 2:38am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

Nawa oh....this is just too bad

Bruh, I don't know if this suggestion is too late. If it isn't, try reaching out to Dr. Joe Abah on Twitter. he is the director-general of Bureau of Public Reforms. He is very active on twitter too.

I really don't know if Nipost falls under his jurisdiction but there really isn't harm in trying to reach out to him.

His Twitter handle is: @drjoeabah.

Pls, bruh, try to forward your complaints to him. Especially the customer care woman's part. Let us try to reform our public agencies so there'll be reliable. Don't let us just keep quiet when they do us wrong. Let us hold them accountable for their actions and inactions. This is the only way we can move forward in this country.

I read somebody up there saying Nipost also did something similar to him but he just gave up after writing them letters and emails. No! that is wrong.

Pls, bruh, I'm begging you to take this matter up. Try reaching out to Dr. Joe Abah on Twitter. Try to persuade him, even if Nipost doesn't fall under his jurisdiction, he should have some leeway about it.

Have a nice day.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Bre(f): 2:39am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

I have been buying stuffs on eBay since 2012. The first time I decided to sell was last year. I posted my 64gb iPhone 6 on eBay. I actually posted it as auction and the highest bidder bought it @ 420 USD.The buyer happened to come from Sri Lanka...

How sure are you that this buyer isn't lying about not receiving the phone? eBay needs to investigate the matter as you have proof that you shipped it. Next time, send shipments that require a signature from the receiver. That way, there is abolutely no way they can lie about not receiving a shipment. Ndo, this sounds so frustrating undecided
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by 360command: 3:09am On Apr 02, 2017
tdayof:

Coming from someone who hasn't used them out of Nigeria.

Have used Nipost several times and package are do get delivered withing 5-8 working days.
bro this is not nipost fault, contact Colombo, sri Lanka. contact your buyer who should be in contact with their local post. besides, this frauds do happen a lot on ebay . I am sure you are defrauded.

I once watched a movie abt drugs deals, once the drugs has left the sellers country and arrived at the recipients country which is cleared at the port of entry, it is no more the sellers concern if anything goes wrong.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 3:19am On Apr 02, 2017
Bro you make a big mistake for something expensive you could have used DHL or UPS to ship it cos it have insurance and you are covered

There are lots of thieves in Nipost. Last time I ship somethings from Australia to Nigeria you won't believe they opened the goods took somethings and re-tape it and send to their person

How did I know. The bag,note and tape I use here where removed before it was delivered to the receiver. Don't think you will ever see your phone thou but try

Good Luck
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Zdoh(m): 3:45am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

I know that guy has my phone...but how do I get it? I learnt Sri Lankans aren't honest
Retrieving your phone or money mighty be kinda difficult.You can try the this their www.police.lk/index.php/crime-division and see how it unfold.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by miqos02(m): 3:53am On Apr 02, 2017
ejikeme:

Another issue paypal should try fix is, how they will independently verify that an item was delivered or not.
if the item was successfully delivered, tracking will show it
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Juliearth(f): 4:01am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

NIPOST reeks of incompetence.As painful as this may sound,I think you should forget about that money. The system is not organized so there is no way you can follow up this issue. Take heart!
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by optimised: 4:02am On Apr 02, 2017
In this instance NIPOST is innocent.
Under Universal Postal Union guidelines, NIPOST is only expected to hand over the package to the count part agency of the destination country. That they have done.
Kindly follow the advice of contacting the Postal Agency of Sri Lanka as the sender of the mail. Registered Mail can be always tracked.
Request for Proof of Delivery to be issued to you. Notice that they have Delivery Confirmation as a definite service here : http://www.slpost.gov.lk/services/
Their contact:-

http://www.slpost.gov.lk/contact-us/
I hope you will have a good response.

Call their embassy too for advice. They may be of help. You may obtain an introduction letter or document from where you posted to introduce you and present your receipt or postage certificate when writing or emailing them to buttress your claim.
After obtaining proof of delivery, call PayPal.

I wish you God Speed.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by optimised: 4:09am On Apr 02, 2017
miqos02:
if the item was successfully delivered, tracking will show it
Some rural & remote post offices don't have IT support to update at the final stage of delivery. So it can be delivered but tracking doesn't show it online. Many of my packages have this issue!
So the receiver can take advantage of this.
But officially, if trailed, the papers will show in their offices that it has been signed and collected. That's why the op should contact them for the paper proof of delivery to be released to him formally.
The evidence is there, albeit offline.

It is in advanced countries that have 100% automated operations in all their postal stations.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Sammig1(m): 4:11am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

Please I do..chat me up:08068205701
I will. Send u a message.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Fourwinds: 4:39am On Apr 02, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Nipost is a very useless company. I remember when I wanted to apply to the university, I used Nipost to send my application forms. The admission list came out and my forms were still in Nipost office. Run away from anything Nigerian. Better safe than sorry.
hahahahahaaaas....Osanoboa ooooo
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Fourwinds: 4:44am On Apr 02, 2017
to be sincer ....comments here just dey make me laugh....why is any thing Nigeria alway faulty.?

can they for once disappointment d pessimists.?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Cyberknight: 5:06am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

In this case, I think that the problem is actually with the Sri Lankan Postal Service, because NIPOST apparently did deliver the item to them for onward delivery to the buyer. As someone has pointed out, on successful handover of an item to the local postal service, NIPOST has indeed done its job, as they are not responsible for actual delivery. But I think under UPU rules, they have to demonstrate that to you, not so sure. I actually think that the Sri Lankan chap has scammed you with the chargeback nonsense, I'm aware of how PayPal operates, and if you notice, many people on there don't ship to several countries because they feel the postal services there cannot provide reliable proof of delivery. In cases like these, if the buyer denies having received an item and you are asked to refund, then NIPOST should get proof of delivery from the local postal service for you to commence a legal action, but with two hopelessly corrupt countries like Nigeria and Sri Lanka involved, my advice to you would be to kiss that 420 USD goodbye and chalk the loss down to learning through painful experience.

It is usually difficult to get anything out of NIPOST when it comes to good service. Quite frankly my advice to you would be to cease sending stuff through them, because even when they do work well, they CANNOT provide you with good customer service.

I've had the same problem with NIPOST as you did - but in reverse. I used to buy a lot of stuff off eBay, which would then be shipped to me by surface post until last year August, when they simply started stealing my items, so I had to stop. I was indeed thinking of filing complaints with the headquarters in Abuja, for whatever that would be worth, but have the strong feeling it would be pointless.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by dfo12(m): 5:23am On Apr 02, 2017
subtlemee:
What is Nipost?

Is this one question? How does this question help out?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 5:28am On Apr 02, 2017
Cyberknight:

In this case, I think that the problem is actually with the Sri Lankan Postal Service, because NIPOST apparently did deliver the item to them for onward delivery to the buyer. As someone has pointed out, on successful handover of an item to the local postal service, NIPOST has indeed done its job, as they are not responsible for actual delivery. But I think under UPU rules, they have to demonstrate that to you, not so sure.

However, it is usually difficult to get anything out of NIPOST when it comes to good service. Quite frankly my advice to you would be to cease sending stuff through them, because even when they do work well, they CANNOT provide you with good customer service.

I've had the same problem with NIPOST as you did - but in reverse. I used to buy a lot of stuff off eBay, which would then be shipped to me by surface post until last year August, when they simply started stealing my items, so I had to stop. I was indeed thinking of filing complaints with the headquarters in Abuja, for whatever that would be worth, but have the strong feeling it would be pointless.
U are right....But I didn't transact with Sri Lankan post. Even the tracking is defective. It has been showing the stuff is in Colombo since 24th November 2016. If the tracking had been accurate, I would have won the case on eBay. With China post/Hongkong post tracking number, you get precise location from the tracking details. I don't know y that of NIPOST is different. So, NIPOST shld be the people to help in this situation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawyer Sues Access Bank For Failed ATM Transaction, Demands N100m / Emefiele Apologizes To Nigerians For Online Transaction Failures (Video) / Are Banks Still Collecting Old Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.