Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, (21825 Views)

Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! / Breaking News: CIA, FBI storm Nigeria; quiz Muttalab snr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by kwekwe: 5:32am On Dec 27, 2009
MUSLIMS should watch it, if not this their PARADISE will be flooded by violent guys.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by baby4u2(f): 5:50am On Dec 27, 2009
My Ghanian friend particularly called me to tell me this story. I have been slacking since. But I trusted Nairalanders to have brought the issue to the fore front. Now that this guy (disgraceful if i may add) has attempted to kill innocent people, we should start discussing how to take down this brainwashers as a whole (All countries). Cause i can see no country is off limits to them, as they get they use. Our name (Nigeria) is out there now and it may fade (in the mighty name of Jesus) if we can join forces (not necessarily armed forces) with America to tackle such nonsense. We already have too much problem and am really saddened by this news. They should sha investigate his friends too cause i know he is not alone.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by finemocha(f): 6:02am On Dec 27, 2009
i woke up this afternoon and the my bf was like, chai a nigerian tried to blow up a northwestern airline. the first thing i asked was, is he muslim? and the answer was yes.

i rest my case
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by asunaobi(m): 6:16am On Dec 27, 2009
My heart goes out to the dad and rest of his family. This is not the type of name we would like t to give Nigeria. That is one the reasons why I hate religion. The poor guy must have been brain washed to have 7 virgins in heaven if he blow himself and innocent others up.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by okele193N: 6:23am On Dec 27, 2009
all muslims are terrorist. full stop!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by olafolarin(m): 6:36am On Dec 27, 2009
okele193N:

all muslims are terrorist. full stop!

You are wrong dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He is just a spoiled brat who was enstranged by his family for his extremist views on religion.
I sincerely pity his family and friends.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nizoral(f): 6:45am On Dec 27, 2009
@9jaganja i seriously agree wit you cos i av livd with dm and i knw deir blief even some of d so cald muslim i av neva seen a religion who do not spread d news of peace
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 27, 2009
I read dat d chicken-head MUMU guy has already startd talkin to d authorities like a parrotd FOOL he is, I'm hvin a feelin dat top muslim nigerians wil be connected to dat EVIL act.I'm very sure he is alone in dat disgraceful act, Which way nigeria MUMU MUSLIMS?Nawa for una o!!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nizoral(f): 6:48am On Dec 27, 2009
@9jaganja i seriously agree wit you cos i av livd with dm and i knw deir blief even some of d so cald muslim i av neva seen a religion who do not spread d news of peace
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by chiscoaz(m): 7:15am On Dec 27, 2009
This is a big disgrace.he has really spoilt the image of nigerian.una go sweat before una get visa to europe,cos this asshole don Bleep us up, na waa ooooooo
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by chukudibab(m): 7:37am On Dec 27, 2009
Do we have MUSLIM folks here. . . . .  shame on u guyz. Y'all r disgrace to this world.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:45am On Dec 27, 2009
chukudibab:

Do we have MUSLIM folks here. . . . .  shame on u guyz. Y'all r disgrace to this world.
Sharrraaaap dia, if you are a christian shame on y'all too
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by okele193N: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2009
I THINK IS THE TIME , I AM NOW A BIAFRAIN
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by okele193N: 8:01am On Dec 27, 2009
LET ALL GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS, BIAFRA, ODUDUWA, AND WHATEVER. I TELL U IT WILL BE MUCH MORE BETTER
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by lucian2: 8:03am On Dec 27, 2009
I have a dream that one day the children of the high and mighty will so mess up their families` names that  their parents or relations will live in perpetual misery. Then the children of the poor will rise and like the provabial rejected stone, provide succour to teeming disenchanted Nigerians. Last time it was Prof Adeniran`s son in America  and that cost him an ambassadorial post and now it is the Muttalabs. WHAT A SHAME!!!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by okele193N: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2009
nigeria must split ! let's do it now !
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by chukudibab(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Sharrraaaap dia, if you are a christian shame on y'all too
yea. . . . u r 1 of them abi. .  wetin una dey pray for. . . . hw to plot and bomb the whole world.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by okele193N: 8:11am On Dec 27, 2009
@LUCIAN2, SEE I HAVE ANOTHER DREAM THAT NIGERIA WILL SPLIT ONEDAY
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by okele193N: 8:15am On Dec 27, 2009
YEA THAT'S IS MY OWN DREAM, NIGERIA , I THINK , IS GRADUALLY GOING TO GRAVE, DON'T MIND THE REBRANDING NONSENSE,
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Alpha3006: 8:24am On Dec 27, 2009
BBC has confirmed the fact that his father had earlier reported the boy to the US embassy 6 months ago while they failed to keep an eye on me.Which i want believe that the dad must be a very discilpline father,so to some people discussing the issue now they want to soil the name of the father because of the boy's misdeed.Who among in Nigerian elite that can do that?Agree the boy is bad and should be ashamed of soiling his father's name yet we cant tongue lash the father for the boy's misdeed,or has Nigerians forgot a serving minister's son that was found raping girls in the US and the dad was there to support hm of his deeds by saying nothing about the case.Let's leave sentiment alone the boy got the best thing in life only that he choosed to be stupid by involving himself in terrorism.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 27, 2009
Can't CNN,ALJAZERRA,BBC AND SKY NEWS take a break frm dis story,we don hear we don know,every minute'a 23 yr old Nigerian tried 2 blow up a plane' Its itching me
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Alpha3006: 8:35am On Dec 27, 2009
To those saying bad things about Islam its high time you reason with your senses we are talking of a bad boy that has no respect for people's life here some crazy guys are talking nonsense about the religion,which clearly shows that you dont have religion or faith let alonealone respect for other people's faith because you are dumb skull.for the fact that NLers is where you express your opinion doesnt mean that you should not think properly before you write.The site is meant for those that think not brainwash people.No any sane muslim will support what the guy because its not there in the qur'an to kill innocent lives.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by texazzpete(m): 8:42am On Dec 27, 2009
Alpha3006:

BBC has confirmed the fact that his father had earlier reported the boy to the US embassy 6 months ago while they failed to keep an eye on me.Which i want believe that the dad must be a very discilpline father,so to some people discussing the issue now they want to soil the name of the father because of the boy's misdeed.Who among in Nigerian elite that can do that?Agree the boy is bad and should be ashamed of soiling his father's name yet we cant tongue lash the father for the boy's misdeed,or has Nigerians forgot a serving minister's son that was found despoiling girls in the US and the dad was there to support hm of his deeds by saying nothing about the case.Let's leave sentiment alone the boy got the best thing in life only that he choosed to be silly by involving himself in terrorism.

What a load of bull. BBC et al are reporting that it's in Nigerian media thAt the father tried to warn the us embassy. Until the US confirms it, I'll take such news with a pnch of salt.
The dad cannot remove himself from blame. Whose multimillion pound house was the man staying in in London? Who gave a 23 year old so much money?
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by lucian2: 8:43am On Dec 27, 2009
I may not agree with you on this. I strongly believe that our strength lies in our diversity. Splitting Nigeria will not solve the problem. People should not dress this vexed issue in the toga of ethnicity or religiosity. It has no ethnic conotaion as there are bad eggs in every ethnic group or religion.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by anataala: 8:45am On Dec 27, 2009
i believe is sad news for any responsible nigerian, already the country name is already spoilt internationally, is too wrong for us to insult muslim religion just because he is a muslim,what about the xristian who are nigerian and are on fbi watch list, let pray for betterment of nigeria, not to be insulting our faith,cos it will not solve the problem, we heard from news his father has reported to us embassy to deny him entry visa to states, but the have not listen, or have not taken action,already he was denied uk visa in may this year just because his dad fas reported to uk authorities
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by sodconfirm: 8:47am On Dec 27, 2009
IT IS SUCH A VERY BAD NEWS THAT IT DID NOT WORK OUT FOR HIM, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THE GUY IS NOT STUPID AND ALSO HE IS NOT A LOW LIFE BASTARD AS YOU THINK AND MANY MORE ARE OUT THERE WILLING TO DO IT FREE OF CHARGE, HE LIVES IN THE MOST EXPENSIVE HOUSES IN LONDON, EACH FLAT ON THE STREET COSTS 4 MILLION POUNDS WHICH MEANS HE IS NOT BOKA-HARAM KNOWN TO CONSIST OF ILLITERATES AND LOW-LIFE PEOPLE BUT THEY ARE STAND UP FOR SAME REASON. HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN YOUR TIME TO LISTEN TO THE VIEWS OF THE SO CALLED TERRORIST OR YOU DECIDE TO LIVE ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE WESTERNS AND THEIR ALLIED MEDIA. THE PEOPLE HE IS TRYING TO FIGHT ENGINEERED THIS ATTACK THAT KILLED 1,400 PALESTINIANS IN THE GAZA STRIP MAINLY WOMEN AND CHILDREN http://www.vtjp.org/background/imagesgaza.php , THOUGH ISREAL CARRIED OUT THE ATTACKS BUT THE DEADLY WEAPONS USED WERE MADE AND SUPPLIED BY U.S, U.S DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT TILL DATE AND AS YOU KNOW ISREAL IS THE CLOSEST ALLIED TO THE U.S IN THE MIDDLE EAST, RIGHT NOW THERE IS A SHIP IN JORDAN TRYING TO BRING IN FOOD AND MEDICAL AIDS TO THE PALESTINIANS AFFECTED BY THE WAR BUT EGYPT DID NOT ALLOW THEM TO PASS THEIR BODERS DUE TO ISREALI PRESSURE NOT TO ALLOW THOSE ITEMS IN, CAN YOU TELL ME WHY?, WHERE IS THE MERCIFUL U.S NOW?, WHO IS A WAR CRIMINAL/TERRORIST NOW? WHERE IS THE NICE SMILING FACE OF OBAMA NOW?

ALSO THE MERCILESS DRONE ATTACKS ON CIVILIANS IN AFGHANISTAN, PAKISTAN, IRAQ ,YEMEN AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD, CAN YOU JUST WAKE UP AND DECIDE TO TAKE REVENGE WHEN NOTING HAS BEEN DONE TO YOU OR YOUR MUSLIM BROTHERS?. I AM A CHRISTIAN BUT WHEN I GOT TO HEAR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY, I KNEW THE TRUTH AND LIVED ON IT. HE WHOM YOU SEE AS A TERRORIST IS A HERO TO SOME PEOPLE. FIGHTING BACK BY THESE MEANS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEIR VOICES HEARD AND THE ONLY WAY TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR HIS BROTHERS. HE MEANT ON ATTACKING THE U.S THAT IS WHY HE DID NOT DESIGNATE THE EXPLOSIVE IN AMSTERDAM OR ON AIR UNTIL ABOUT 20 MINS TO LAND IN DETRIOT, HE WANTED TO ATTACK ON U.S SOIL. DO NOT LABEL HIM A TERRORIST BECAUSE THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN TROOPS ARE OUT THERE KILLING CIVILIANS AND CALLING THEM CASUALTIES OF WAR. DAAMMMM IT.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by tunku(m): 8:52am On Dec 27, 2009
Te
texazzpete:

What a load of bull. BBC et al are reporting that it's in Nigerian media thAt the father tried to warn the us embassy. Until the US confirms it, I'll take such news with a pnch of salt.
The dad cannot remove himself from blame. Whose multimillion pound house was the man staying in in London? Who gave a 23 year old so much money?

A man after my own heart. I am not going to believe anything his family says until the congressional report that investigated this has been released. His father is married to a Yemeni woman, he got the bomb from Yemen, and we are suppose to believe the family is innocent here? To all you apologists for this guy I wish I could throttle you idiots.

This doesn't get said enough but seriously bleep Islam and and Zap. you sadconfirm. What his father and his ilk has done against Nigeria and Nigerians is worse than whatever imagined grievance he might have against America. This idiot was born into the lap of luxury of the stolen wealth and resources of the land perpetrated by his people against Nigerians in the south. He is part of the thieving oligarchy that has made Nigeria into an impoverished mess. If he wanted to do good through violence tell him to take him and his family out along with this good for nothing President that has abandoned his country for Saudi Arabia. To hell with you muslim idiots.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by maballack(m): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2009
sodconfirm:

IT IS SUCH A VERY BAD NEWS THAT IT DID NOT WORK OUT FOR HIM, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THE GUY IS NOT silly AND ALSO HE IS NOT A LOW LIFE naughty person AS YOU THINK AND MANY MORE ARE OUT THERE WILLING TO DO IT FREE OF CHARGE, HE LIVES IN THE MOST EXPENSIVE HOUSES IN LONDON, EACH FLAT ON THE STREET COSTS 4 MILLION POUNDS WHICH MEANS HE IS NOT BOKA-HARAM KNOWN TO CONSIST OF ILLITERATES AND LOW-LIFE PEOPLE BUT THEY ARE STAND UP FOR SAME REASON. HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN YOUR TIME TO LISTEN TO THE VIEWS OF THE SO CALLED TERRORIST OR YOU DECIDE TO LIVE ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE WESTERNS AND THEIR ALLIED MEDIA. THE PEOPLE HE IS TRYING TO FIGHT ENGINEERED THIS ATTACK THAT KILLED 1,400 PALESTINIANS IN THE GAZA STRIP MAINLY WOMEN AND CHILDREN http://www.vtjp.org/background/imagesgaza.php , THOUGH ISREAL CARRIED OUT THE ATTACKS BUT THE DEADLY WEAPONS USED WERE MADE AND SUPPLIED BY U.S, U.S DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT TILL DATE AND AS YOU KNOW ISREAL IS THE CLOSEST ALLIED TO THE U.S IN THE MIDDLE EAST, RIGHT NOW THERE IS A SHIP IN JORDAN TRYING TO BRING IN FOOD AND MEDICAL AIDS TO THE PALESTINIANS AFFECTED BY THE WAR BUT EGYPT DID NOT ALLOW THEM TO PASS THEIR BODERS DUE TO ISREALI PRESSURE NOT TO ALLOW THOSE ITEMS IN, CAN YOU TELL ME WHY?, WHERE IS THE MERCIFUL U.S NOW?, WHO IS A WAR CRIMINAL/TERRORIST NOW? WHERE IS THE NICE SMILING FACE OF OBAMA NOW?

ALSO THE MERCILESS DRONE ATTACKS ON CIVILIANS IN AFGHANISTAN, PAKISTAN, IRAQ ,YEMEN AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD, CAN YOU JUST WAKE UP AND DECIDE TO TAKE REVENGE WHEN NOTING HAS BEEN DONE TO YOU OR YOUR MUSLIM BROTHERS?. I AM A CHRISTIAN BUT WHEN I GOT TO HEAR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY, I KNEW THE TRUTH AND LIVED ON IT. HE WHOM YOU SEE AS A TERRORIST IS A HERO TO SOME PEOPLE. FIGHTING BACK BY THESE MEANS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEIR VOICES HEARD AND THE ONLY WAY TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR HIS BROTHERS. HE MEANT ON ATTACKING THE U.S THAT IS WHY HE DID NOT DESIGNATE THE EXPLOSIVE IN AMSTERDAM OR ON AIR UNTIL ABOUT 20 MINS TO LAND IN DETRIOT, HE WANTED TO ATTACK ON U.S SOIL. DO NOT LABEL HIM A TERRORIST BECAUSE THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN TROOPS ARE OUT THERE KILLING CIVILIANS AND CALLING THEM CASUALTIES OF WAR. DAAMMMM IT.

^^ the rantings of a psycho pathethic lunatic, so if i slap you , its justified to go to my village and slap everyone, when all u should do is ask urself why u were slapped and turn a new leaf
theres no justification,
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by LadyT(f): 9:53am On Dec 27, 2009
angry

Another muslim crack pot. If you idiots want to blow yourselves up cant you do it with your own?
I see nothing wrong with suicide bombing in a mosque full of extremists you can all go to hell fire sorry heaven where your 5675868 virgins await you.

sodconfirm:

IT IS SUCH A VERY BAD NEWS THAT IT DID NOT WORK OUT FOR HIM, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THE GUY IS NOT silly AND ALSO HE IS NOT A LOW LIFE naughty person AS YOU THINK AND MANY MORE ARE OUT THERE WILLING TO DO IT FREE OF CHARGE, HE LIVES IN THE MOST EXPENSIVE HOUSES IN LONDON, EACH FLAT ON THE STREET COSTS 4 MILLION POUNDS WHICH MEANS HE IS NOT BOKA-HARAM KNOWN TO CONSIST OF ILLITERATES AND LOW-LIFE PEOPLE BUT THEY ARE STAND UP FOR SAME REASON. HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN YOUR TIME TO LISTEN TO THE VIEWS OF THE SO CALLED TERRORIST OR YOU DECIDE TO LIVE ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE WESTERNS AND THEIR ALLIED MEDIA. THE PEOPLE HE IS TRYING TO FIGHT ENGINEERED THIS ATTACK THAT KILLED 1,400 PALESTINIANS IN THE GAZA STRIP MAINLY WOMEN AND CHILDREN http://www.vtjp.org/background/imagesgaza.php , THOUGH ISREAL CARRIED OUT THE ATTACKS BUT THE DEADLY WEAPONS USED WERE MADE AND SUPPLIED BY U.S, U.S DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT TILL DATE AND AS YOU KNOW ISREAL IS THE CLOSEST ALLIED TO THE U.S IN THE MIDDLE EAST, RIGHT NOW THERE IS A SHIP IN JORDAN TRYING TO BRING IN FOOD AND MEDICAL AIDS TO THE PALESTINIANS AFFECTED BY THE WAR BUT EGYPT DID NOT ALLOW THEM TO PASS THEIR BODERS DUE TO ISREALI PRESSURE NOT TO ALLOW THOSE ITEMS IN, CAN YOU TELL ME WHY?, WHERE IS THE MERCIFUL U.S NOW?, WHO IS A WAR CRIMINAL/TERRORIST NOW? WHERE IS THE NICE SMILING FACE OF OBAMA NOW?

Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by dwonder(m): 9:55am On Dec 27, 2009
Terrorism and Bible Prophecy

Why is the clash between the two great powers, with terrorism as a tool, of special interest to Bible students? Because of a significant prophecy found in the Bible book of Daniel, chapter 11.

This prophecy describes an ongoing conflict between two great powers, “the king of the north” and “the king of the south.” “The king of the north” is identified as being atheistic, having rejected “the God of his fathers.” (Daniel 11:37) He magnifies himself and gives glory to the god of fortresses, or armaments. He acts effectively against fortified strongholds and establishes his world position. (Daniel 11:38, 39) Does “the king of the south” stand idle while his opponent expands?

The ominous prophecy states: “And in the time of the end the king of the south will engage with him in a pushing, and against him the king of the north will storm with chariots and with horsemen and with many ships; and he will certainly enter into the lands and flood over and pass through.” (Daniel 11:40)

Logically, terrorism under its different guises is now being used by both kings in their struggle for world dominance. Daniel’s words indicate that there will be competitive coexistence between the two leading world powers until God brings an end to their rivalry at his war of Armageddon.—Revelation 16:14-16.

The questions remain: Can man alone end the scourge of terrorism?

King of the North

Seleucid dynasty:

Seleucus I Nicator:

Antiochus II:

Seleucus II:

Antiochus III:

Seleucus IV:

Antiochus IV Epiphanes:

Roman Empire:

Augustus Caesar:

Tiberius Caesar:
successors to Tiberius:

Aurelian:

successors to Aurelian:

Germanic Empire:

Germany (Nazi):

Communist bloc:

undetermined (1993):

King of the South

Ptolemaic dynasty:
Ptolemy I (Ptolemy Lagus):
Ptolemy II:
Ptolemy III:
Ptolemy IV:
Ptolemy V:
Ptolemy VI:
Cleopatra VII:
Queen Zenobia of Palmyra:
Britain:
Anglo-American World Power:
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by LadyT(f): 10:09am On Dec 27, 2009
angry dwonder

See this mad man what is the rubbish you posted?

What the HELL has that got to do with these mad muslim people running around trying to blow everyone up? I mean HELLO?

Cant you face facts this is why Muslims as so out of hand, their own hardly speak out all you do it point fingers of blame the very few that do speak out are always shut down
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by GL(f): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2009
IbrahimB:

Today was a sad day. Everyday I gain more insight into why Nigeria doesn't work. Why our electricity, our roads, our governments don't work. We hate each other. Yes, that's right: We hate and distrust each other so much that cooperation is impossible. It's like a hopeless marriage that is crying bitterly for a divorce.

Suddenly one man's madness has spiralled into names-calling and diatribes! Too bad.

this man's madness adds another negative image to nigerians collectively, thus, people here have the right to be angry. maybe the name-calling is a little harsh, but i think we would all be happier if this was how muslims responded to provocation.

nigeria is not working because of corruption, not because of hatred. there have been improvements in some states, and i'm certain it's not due to increased love for one another.

lucian2:

I have a dream that one day the children of the high and mighty will so mess up their families` names that  their parents or relations will live in perpetual misery. Then the children of the poor will rise and like the provabial rejected stone, provide succour to teeming disenchanted Nigerians. Last time it was Prof Adeniran`s son in America  and that cost him an ambassadorial post and now it is the Muttalabs. WHAT A SHAME!!!

the children of the poor are not saints, their families have just not made names for them to soil.

lucian2:

I may not agree with you on this. I strongly believe that our strength lies in our diversity. Splitting Nigeria will not solve the problem. People should not dress this vexed issue in the toga of ethnicity or religiosity. It has no ethnic conotaion as there are bad eggs in every ethnic group or religion.

i used to believe in this 'our strength is our diversity' thing, but this issue has got me wondering if we are too diverse for our own good. i believe diversity is normally a great thing, except it would be better if we had to deal with either ethnic or religious diversity but not both. our situation as a nation is more like polarity than diversity. apart from the yorubas, we have a largely christian south  while the north is made up mostly of hausa muslims. in the south, we somehow manage to keep our religious differences in the background and identify more with our ethnic groups. so a yorubas, irregardless of religion, can see themselves as one entity and see ibos as another. this doesn't make us any less muslim or christian. islam has so overshadowed the hausa culture that it's so hard to look through it and see a nigerian from another tribe. we might as well be sharing a country with arabs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

PDP Reacts To Obasanjo’s Open Letter, Warns Buhari / Sowore’s 'Revolution Now’ Movement: Things You Should Know / Tinubu Holds Meeting Traditional Islamic Leaders In Kastina (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.