Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,319 members, 7,819,083 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan (1164 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC / House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by sammyzacks(m): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2009
http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4632:goodluck-jonathan-takeover-yaradua-kitchen-cabinet-digs-in-heels&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

Saharareporters also learnt authoritatively that last night, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole received $5 million to truncate any transfer of power to Jonathan. The young speaker was paid $5m million through Honorable Inuwa Shehu Imam, a member of the house respresenting Faskari constituency in the House. Alhaji Imam returned from Jeddah last week to pick up the money from an oil lifting firm, Addax Petroleum, as directed by the First Lady. Bankole is known to have received kickbacks from contractors lifting oil from Nigeria but the recent payment was specifically to secure his support for the First Lady’s agenda to frustrate Jonathan’s assumption of power. The Speaker has adjourned House proceedings until January 12, 2010.

, But last night, our sources said Turai Yar’Adua’s wife again kicked against the plan. She insisted that the military be allowed to take over power after a vacuum would have been created by January 1st 2010, when there wont be a Chief Justice of the Federation of Nigerian to swear in Jonathan even if they agree to declare Yar’Adua incapacitated. The military, under the plan, would intervene to “prevent chaos and unconstinutionality from derailing Nigeria’s unity and corporate existense”.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 7:31am On Dec 27, 2009
I hate that we live in a DEMOCRACY where our own government makes every effort to hide details of its workings from the very us, the people it is meant to work for, leaving us to getting our news from the rumor mill, with no way of knowing fact from fiction.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by princekevo(m): 7:42am On Dec 27, 2009
Where are the people making noise of Nigerian ten years democrazy? Are all these acts of the term democracy?
After 10years under democrazy in Nigeria, what is the different btw this and the millitary rule. When our so called civilians refuse to imply the same constitution that brought them into power. I still ask, is Nigeria cursed?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 27, 2009
When will this madness finally end?I definitely know there is alot of hidden agenda surround this grama called MADNESS.bribery is the order of the day, why can't they simply follow the constitution?haba!This madness is getting out of hand.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by olafolarin(m): 8:18am On Dec 27, 2009
i doubt this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by asha80(m): 8:21am On Dec 27, 2009
My friend go and sit down.^^^
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 27, 2009
olafolarin:

i doubt this!!!!!!!!!!!!
you better don't, this is nigeria where money is the password used by our self-fish leaders, bankole is no exception.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by metalgong5(m): 8:26am On Dec 27, 2009
olafolarin:

i doubt this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mumu . . Why wont you doubt the story.
hahahahaha . . . . Atleast, you will no longer vent your frustrations on Ojukwu .
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by olafolarin(m): 8:35am On Dec 27, 2009
metal-gong:

Mumu . . Why wont you doubt the story.
hahahahaha . . . . Atleast, you will no longer vent your frustrations on Ojukwu .

The source is saharareporters and they have goofed so many times.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by kosovo(m): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2009
BBC used them today as their source while reporting on the Nigerian terrorist,
That alone has re-affirmed their credibility,
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 27, 2009
anarchy
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by kokoA(m): 10:31am On Dec 27, 2009
I can't believe you guys are responding to this kind of post.

@ poster

You rely on saharareporters as your confirmed source of information? I pity for you!
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by otokx(m): 10:36am On Dec 27, 2009
I have been wondering why the National Assembly is as quiet as a graveyard over a matter that is this serious, now i know why. The military cannot take over, it will just fulfill the plan of the US to break this country up so as to have control of the vast oil reserves in the Niger delta.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by metalgong5(m): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2009
Tommorrow, one of my yoruba/hausa tribalist will have the temerity to say that Igbos worship money . . . .
Imagine, just look at how one of their own is selling and putting the lives of more than 150 million people in jeopardy. . .
Shameless thieves!! . . . You Hausa/Yoruba politicians have ruined this country.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by Cappadona123: 11:05am On Dec 27, 2009
@metal gong.Gaskiya magana,i am an hausawa but i bliv yoruba are very trcky,dey are playin games.Why is dat baban egba destroyin our democracy?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by Cappadona123: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2009
@metal gong.Gaskiya magana,i am an hausawa but i bliv yoruba are very trcky,dey are playin games.Why is dat baban egba destroyin our democracy?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by princekevo(m): 11:20am On Dec 27, 2009
kokoA:

I can't believe you guys are responding to this kind of post.

@ poster
olafolarin link=topic=372103.msg5192931#msg5192931 date=1261899343:

You rely on saharareporters as your confirmed source of information? I pity for you!
What a statement? So you guys think is jst easy for an independence media to lay such a hughe alligation on speaker of the House of rep without being atleast 80% sure of the truth reliability?
This time it wasnt someone unknown. A name of a man with a sensitive position was mentioned here. So if he think is not truth he should react to it by taking the media to court. While he has not reacted to this we still hold on to the story as truth.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by blacksta(m): 11:27am On Dec 27, 2009
What i dont understand - SR is based in the u.s  - This organisation doesnt have local offices in Nigeria

as someone clearly mentioned SR has goofed so many times .  It is not everything you read one must believe  $5 Million just like that

give me a break.

The House consist of about 360 persons - how can one man truncate the movement of the house.

$5 miilion amongst about 360 people wont go far.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by hymen(f): 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2009
**Rumours are started by enemies,believed by fools & spread by nincompoops tongue **
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by PapaBrowne(m): 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2009
kokoA:

@ poster

The profile of Sahara Reporters has risen dramatically in the last 2 days as a result of the Nigerian Terrorist.
BBC and CNN have referenced Sahara Reporters couple of times as a source of their info.
Thats big boost for Sahara Reporters and a big shame to the Nigerian print media.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by cantell(m): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
Hearsay
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by SapeleGuy: 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2009
^^^^ We don't think so.

December 16, 2009 12:32AMT
Print print Email email Share Share

Bankole frustrates motion to discuss president’s absence

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, yesterday frustrated moves by the lawmakers to discuss the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua and calls for him to handover power to the vice president, Goodluck Jonathan.

The Action Congress (AC) leader in the House, Femi Gbajabiamila, had invoked Order 5 (1) (2) of the House Standing Rules and the Seventh Schedule of the 1999 Constitution dealing with the Oath of Allegiance and Oath of Office of the President and said “there is an issue that is prompt and central in the country right now. Section 145 rules out any possible act of vacuum in the country.”

“Sit down”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5497429-146/story.csp

However, when Mr. Gbajabiamila was about to read the relevant section of the constitution, Mr. Bankole stopped him, saying “I rule you out of order. Sit down.”
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by princekevo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2009
hymen:

**Rumours are started by enemies,believed by fools & spread by nincompoops tongue **
You guys should stop using qoutes wrongly.
Until you prove the story unreal or untruth, you cannot say is a rumour. If you read the sentence below, they used the word 'authoritatively' meaning if you think the source of their info is untrue, you have the right to challenge them of the info.
Saharareporters also learnt authoritatively that last night, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole received $5 million to truncate any transfer of power to Jonathan.

They didnt jst stop at that, they went ahead mentioning names, the channel and the reciever. Instead of you being here condenming the reporter and the belivers, why not jst find out directly from the names he mentioned?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by princekevo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2009
SapeleGuy:

However, when Mr. Gbajabiamila was about to read the relevant section of the constitution, Mr. Bankole stopped him, saying “I rule you out of order. Sit down.”
That is when $$5million is speaking.
If no be money they give am na Juju dey do am?
Who in Nigeria today doesnt know that our sick president is incapacitated of carrying out his official duties as a president. A country has been more than a month without a president and our speaker silenced someone who saw the need to do something abt it.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by vigasimple(m): 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2009
This is more likely to be true than NOT.

YAR A'LIAR has not reacted or spoken to the nation he suppossed to be leading for over a month, and not even to wish both the muslim happy eid and christians merry christmas, and a new year in advance.

'Rumours' are results of lack of truthful information and the eventually becomes facts or self fulfilling prophesy.  YAR A'FAILURE cronies, teams, including his wife are testing waters and trying all they can do including the NORTH 'born to rule mentaliy'  The arrangement of pDP  North south presidency rotation is not part of the Nigerian constitution, so why should Nigrians be held to ransom because one unfit, incapable man from Kastina MUST be President.

History here for you, Adisa Akinloye( chairman of NPN) did this in 1983 to stop MKO Abiola becoming the leader of NPN and the first southerner to become Civilian eleceted President of Nigeria. At the time MKO tick the right boxes, he was popular, rich, and a muslim. Akinloye was reportedly paid N10million naira which is an equivalent of $10million dollars then to stop MKO Abiola and signed for Sheu Shagari.

The repeat of MKO Abiola ambition in 1993 ( june 12 saga) got him killed because some cows who don't know anything about governing want to keep holding the country down.

All these Niger Delta Amnesty is nothing short of trying to bribed those people to allow the FG to keep taking their oil, as they have used Goodluck Jonathan to get southern vote to elect YAR A'DO NOTHING.

If there are futher delays and proper and constituted authoritative power transfer not given to Goodluck Jonathan, that will be the end of Nigeria as a country.

Anybody can be bribed and paid, IMO, BANKOLE is no exception and $5m will even be a down payment in the amount of monies required to get his backing.

We shall see but for me S.R is information is right and were doing the publishing of what local press cannot do(because local press relies on the govt for their licence, and parcel bomb assasins)
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by Knight1(m): 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2009
In the Spirit of 'don't believe evrything you read in the papers', i 'll wait a few days before i absorb this

*simply too big (and scary) to believe easily*
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by Wilfem(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2009
This Turai is no doubt one of Nigeria's greatest problems. But God surpasses them all.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by Beaf: 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2009
SapeleGuy:

^^^^ We don't think so.

December 16, 2009 12:32AMT
Print print Email email Share Share

Bankole frustrates motion to discuss president’s absence

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, yesterday frustrated moves by the lawmakers to discuss the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua and calls for him to handover power to the vice president, Goodluck Jonathan.

The Action Congress (AC) leader in the House, Femi Gbajabiamila, had invoked Order 5 (1) (2) of the House Standing Rules and the Seventh Schedule of the 1999 Constitution dealing with the Oath of Allegiance and Oath of Office of the President and said “there is an issue that is prompt and central in the country right now. Section 145 rules out any possible act of vacuum in the country.”

“Sit down”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5497429-146/story.csp

However, when Mr. Gbajabiamila was about to read the relevant section of the constitution, Mr. Bankole stopped him, saying “I rule you out of order. Sit down.

Says it all.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Received $5 Million To Truncate Any Transfer Of Power To Jonathan by sammyzacks(m): 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2009
God has to intervene in Nigeria otherwise, I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

(1) (Reply)

Mutallab: Man Who Shamed Nigeria / Do You Support Nairalanders Protest? / My Son Must Not Die -yar'adua's Mother *tells Turai To Release Her Son!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.