Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs (4711 Views)

These Russian Eggs Are Worth ₦36 BILLION NAIRA (pictures) / Violence In Charlottesville As White Nationalists Clash With Counter Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Explorers(m): 4:18am On Apr 04, 2017
scarr:

He actually did, you read the comment again

Please kindly quote where i said Alaska is a country.

" They won't let go, that Alaska is big, far bigger that many countries in the world 663,268 sq mi(1,717,856 km2)"

Alaska is big, far bigger than many countries of the world.

Meaning, a state that's having a total land size/area that is far bigger than that of many so called countries in the world.

Do you understand now

mr lucasbalo

2 Likes

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Gbengadaniel12: 4:23am On Apr 04, 2017
Lucasbalo:
They are non entities. They don't even count and none of them can last a year living in Russia. Russia is being ruled by evil cabal headed by the Diminitive and Despotic Pootin. Russians will rise up against him in due time.
and not too to forget the corruption and their oligarchs
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Lucasbalo(m): 5:00am On Apr 04, 2017
Explorers:

Please kindly quote where i said Alaska is a country.

" They won't let go, that Alaska is big, far bigger that many countries in the world 663,268 sq mi(1,717,856 km2)"

Alaska is big, far bigger than many countries of the world.

Meaning, a state that's having a total land size/area that is far bigger than that of many so called countries in the world.

Do you understand now

mr lucasbalo
My bad. The anticipation of the NCAA basketball finals got me Jonesing. I apologize.
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Explorers(m): 5:01am On Apr 04, 2017
Lucasbalo:
My bad. The anticipation of the NCAA basketball finals got me Jonesing. I apologize.

Lols....
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Lucasbalo(m): 5:08am On Apr 04, 2017
romme2u:

bruh you are taking things too personal. You are spewing the same thing the US government have been doing for ages, inciting the masses to fight their government while demonizing their leaders which always lead to chaos and anarchy in such territories causing more havoc than good (Libya, Ukraine and Syria) to the populace who had the illusion that they were fighting for a better future.

You need to desists from this line as it is getting stale.

Back to Op, well i heard that Alaska was exchange with the America for a part of Siberia (don't know how true it is as i have not verified that) but those Russian Nationalist are living in fool's paradise to believe that they can get Alaska from US in such perilous time.

I believe it is just a mere wishful thinking as the government cannot afford the luxury of entertaining such ideas.
Let me repeat it again. Russia is being ruled by evil cabal led by Pootin. We have seen that before and it's not going to last forever before the people stand up against the despotic and authoritarian leadership. I am not inciting anyone. It's the fact of life that there's no dissection in Russia. You go and live in Russia and critique Pootin and see what will happen to you. I criticize Trump all the time like Tens of millions of Americans do and we are not scared of our lifes. Try that in Pootin land and see if you won't get a dose of Polonium or Cyanide your Vodka. By the way, why are you so pained about Russia ?. You don't live in Russia and I believe you are not Russian, so what's the unhealthy fetish about a place you have no stake in ?.
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Funjosh(m): 6:08am On Apr 04, 2017
ollah2:

You no nothing

You mean he is Jon Snow cheesy
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Funjosh(m): 6:10am On Apr 04, 2017
Russia should forget about Alaska please they should come and buy Nigeria embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Explorers(m): 6:15am On Apr 04, 2017
Funjosh:
Russia should forget about Alaska please they should come and buy Nigeria embarassed

cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by lazeal: 6:26am On Apr 04, 2017
anotherydz:

The money is extremely small. If that's the price then Russian billionaires would gladly buy not to talk of Russia as a whole.
Moreover, US will not sell it. Alaska is a fortune for US
it is not possible because lots of money have been used to develop Alaska. AND, US is forking too smart o. So many lands that make up the US is not the WHITES in the country that owned. They stole most of the lands they call theirs today.
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by oseiwe(m): 6:47am On Apr 04, 2017
Explorers:
Russian nationalists are calling for Alaska to be returned to the Kremlin's control 150 years after the land was sold to America.

Sergey Aksyonov, the prime minister of Crimea, bemoaned the sale on TV earlier this month while foreign minister Sergey Lavrov admitted in a recent interview that the anniversary will cause 'diverse emotions' among Russians.

The land deal, which saw Alaska pass to American control in 1867 for the price of $7.2million, is also a popular topic among Russian bloggers who have called for a referendum to be held on whether the state should be handed back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4375868/Russian-nationalists-want-Alaska-Moscow-s-hands.html
how do we contact them to take Nigeria instead? cant we do a referendum to send to them too?
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by oseiwe(m): 6:48am On Apr 04, 2017
Explorers:
Russian nationalists are calling for Alaska to be returned to the Kremlin's control 150 years after the land was sold to America.

Sergey Aksyonov, the prime minister of Crimea, bemoaned the sale on TV earlier this month while foreign minister Sergey Lavrov admitted in a recent interview that the anniversary will cause 'diverse emotions' among Russians.

The land deal, which saw Alaska pass to American control in 1867 for the price of $7.2million, is also a popular topic among Russian bloggers who have called for a referendum to be held on whether the state should be handed back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4375868/Russian-nationalists-want-Alaska-Moscow-s-hands.html
how do we contact them to take Nigeria instead? cant we do a referendum to send to them too? $7.2m 150yrs ago, no be today america get money oh
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by sapientia(m): 7:10am On Apr 04, 2017
Lol... just like it said.... Emotions... Russia knows its impossible for America to grant them powers to be beside dem with nukes
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by blessedvisky(m): 7:38am On Apr 04, 2017
Explorers please can you do a thread on the ancient civilisations of the world? I mean the british empire, roman, Spanish, persian, Greek, etc

1 Like

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by paschal47(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2017
Is like the Russian government is mad abi? What are they still looking for when there's Africa to buy?

Ayam not understanding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Explorers(m): 9:15am On Apr 04, 2017
lazeal:
it is not possible because lots of money have been used to develop Alaska. AND, US is forking too smart o. So many lands that make up the US is not the WHITES in the country that owned. They stole most of the lands they call theirs today.

Exactly, and is among the most visited regions in the world for Glacier, Whale seeing, Boat cruising, and like that.

This alone generates Billions of Dollars for the U.S. Government anually according to Alaskatravelindustry.

Not to talk of other resources.

4 Likes

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by romme2u: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Let me repeat it again. Russia is being ruled by evil cabal led by Pootin. We have seen that before and it's not going to last forever before the people stand up against the despotic and authoritarian leadership. I am not inciting anyone. It's the fact of life that there's no dissection in Russia. You go and live in Russia and critique Pootin and see what will happen to you. I criticize Trump all the time like Tens of millions of Americans do and we are not scared of our lifes. Try that in Pootin land and see if you won't get a dose of Polonium or Cyanide your Vodka. By the way, why are you so pained about Russia ?. You don't live in Russia and I believe you are not Russian, so what's the unhealthy fetish about a place you have no stake in ?.

I also know that you are not living in Russia, then how do you know what happens in Pootin's land as you claimed OR is it as reported by your favourite MSM? How do you know that Russia is ruled by evil cabal OR that everybody who criticizes Putin is gagged? Are you a Russian?

Why are u obsessed about what is happening in Pootin's land? Why don't you face your country and leave what is happening in Pootin's land to its citizens? Ohhh you love Russia more than its citizens and America does not silent critiques, but drown their voice using media and most die in suspicious manners with media cover ups.

Why are u drinking panadol over another persons country? This is how you guys started in Syria, claiming the whole country hates Assad and insists that he must go. Six years down the line, the world got to know what is happening.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by lazeal: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2017
Explorers:

Exactly, and is among the most visited regions in the world for Glacier, Whale seeing, Boat cruising, and like that.

This alone generates Billions of Dollars for the U.S. Government anually according to Alaskatravelindustry.

Not to talk of other resources.
Well, if they can offer 50-100trillion dollars, US might have a rethink, don't you think so?
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Gbengadaniel12: 10:06am On Apr 04, 2017
lazeal:
Well, if they can offer 50-100trillion dollars, US might have a rethink, don't you think so?
i don't think Russia can afford that....alaska is rich in oil
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by lazeal: 10:19am On Apr 04, 2017
Gbengadaniel12:
i don't think Russia can afford that....alaska is rich in oil
I am aware of that lol. I am sure oil hadn't been discovered there when they sold it lol.
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Explorers(m): 10:24am On Apr 04, 2017
lazeal:

That place is priceless today.

1 Like

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by lazeal: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2017
Explorers:

That place is priceless today.
it is not... it is all about money. Do we have any trillionaire yet? NOPE, hence my price cap lol which means, they can't buy it. I bet you know how many billions make just 1trillion? let alone 50 Trillions lol
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by MtuMsuper: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
America!!
Everything about the foundation of America is about buying or outright stealing of land. If Only america remained amongst the 13 original colonies, Africans would probably be lecturing them on human rights and sending missionaries and humanitarian aid! Buy buy buy ! The americans had to buy the following states from Emperor Napoleon of France. Yes ,the bone apart emperor!!
Arkansas
Missouri
Iowa
Oklahoma
Kansas
Nebraska
Minnesota
North Dakota
South Dakota
New Mexico
Texas
Montana
Wyoming
Colorado
Louisiana.

Oh boy! Plus the southern portions of two Canadian provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta!

Money buys everything in America, even territory.

And when sale of all these states by Napoleon to America happened, half of the population of these territories were african slaves!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Purchase

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
lazeal:

Y would Russia waste her time & money in buying back Alaska?

When ww3 breaks and Russia invades & balkanizes Amerika into 30 Russian colonies - under the multiple & non-stop blazing barrage of the Kalibr cruise missiles; Alaska shall be part of those colonies - while China, Iran & North Korea are left to share the rest of the loots just like Amerika has always done to weaker & smaller Nations around the globe. grin cheesy grin

My friend, in the end, Karma always wins! grin

Read This:

Why Russia's Enemies Fear the Kalibr Cruise Missile

Since the early 1990s, the United States has launched hundreds of Tomahawk cruise missiles from warships and submarines to strike at targets in the Middle East, North Africa, the former Yugoslavia and Afghanistan. Cruising at around 550 miles per hour—roughly the speed of an airliner—Tomahawks can strike targets more than one thousand miles away, making them a popular, though expensive, means of projecting firepower without putting U.S. troops in harm’s way.

However, the United States and the United Kingdom—which also deploys Tomahawks—are no longer the only nations waging long-range cruise-missile warfare.

On October 7, the Russian Gepard-class frigate Dagestan and three small Buyan-class corvettes sailing in the Caspian Sea unleashed a volley of twenty-six Kalibr cruise missiles from their Vertical Launch Systems. The nine-meter long missiles soared nine hundred miles over Iranian and Iraqi territory before slamming into targets into eleven targets in Syria, hitting a mix of ISIS fighters and Free Syrian Army rebels.

However, by showing off its long-range naval strike capabilities, Moscow not only advertised its technological prowess, but literally advertised the Kalibr missiles capabilities to foreign buyers—who can opt to purchase a shorter-range variant known as the Klub missile.

On the other hand, Russia has demonstrated that it can use numerous small vessels to deploy a powerful long-range weapon, an example of a “distributed” force structure. The idea is that in an age of increasingly lethal and longer-range missiles, it may be wiser to spread out firepower across multiple smaller and expendable platforms, rather than put all the eggs in one large, expensive and vulnerable basket. The U.S. Navy’s own attempts at a more distributed force structure through the Littoral Combat Ship program have so far encountered serious teething issues, and the frigate-sized LCSs currently lack weapons as powerful as the Kalibr missiles on smaller Russian corvettes.
Hahahahahahaaaa! grin cheesy grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by sapientia(m): 2:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
lazeal:

No amount of money will make USA allow Russia to share boundaries with them.

Russia is far away yet USA always find a way to keep some of their marines and hardwares very close to them by proxy.
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by sapientia(m): 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
Zoharariel:

Y would Russia waste her time & money in buying back Alaska?

When ww3 breaks and Russia invades & balkanizes Amerika into 30 Russian colonies - under the multiple & non-stop blazing barrage of the Kalibr cruise missiles; Alaska shall be part of those colonies - while China, Iran & North Korea are left to share the rest of the loots just like Amerika has always done to weaker & smaller Nations around the globe. grin cheesy grin

My friend, in the end, Karma always wins! grin

Read This:

Why Russia's Enemies Fear the Kalibr Cruise Missile

Since the early 1990s, the United States has launched hundreds of Tomahawk cruise missiles from warships and submarines to strike at targets in the Middle East, North Africa, the former Yugoslavia and Afghanistan. Cruising at around 550 miles per hour—roughly the speed of an airliner—Tomahawks can strike targets more than one thousand miles away, making them a popular, though expensive, means of projecting firepower without putting U.S. troops in harm’s way.

However, the United States and the United Kingdom—which also deploys Tomahawks—are no longer the only nations waging long-range cruise-missile warfare.

On October 7, the Russian Gepard-class frigate Dagestan and three small Buyan-class corvettes sailing in the Caspian Sea unleashed a volley of twenty-six Kalibr cruise missiles from their Vertical Launch Systems. The nine-meter long missiles soared nine hundred miles over Iranian and Iraqi territory before slamming into targets into eleven targets in Syria, hitting a mix of ISIS fighters and Free Syrian Army rebels.

However, by showing off its long-range naval strike capabilities, Moscow not only advertised its technological prowess, but literally advertised the Kalibr missiles capabilities to foreign buyers—who can opt to purchase a shorter-range variant known as the Klub missile.

On the other hand, Russia has demonstrated that it can use numerous small vessels to deploy a powerful long-range weapon, an example of a “distributed” force structure. The idea is that in an age of increasingly lethal and longer-range missiles, it may be wiser to spread out firepower across multiple smaller and expendable platforms, rather than put all the eggs in one large, expensive and vulnerable basket. The U.S. Navy’s own attempts at a more distributed force structure through the Littoral Combat Ship program have so far encountered serious teething issues, and the frigate-sized LCSs currently lack weapons as powerful as the Kalibr missiles on smaller Russian corvettes.
Hahahahahahaaaa! grin cheesy grin

Lol... whats the movie title sir?
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Explorers(m): 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
sapientia:

No amount of money will make USA allow Russia to share boundaries with them.

They can't share borders, Alaska only share border with Canada.

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by dfrost: 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
Explorers:

Russia should allow sleeping dogs lie. Must there be conflict between them and USA? Land was sold years ago. Forget about it. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by sapientia(m): 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
Explorers:

I understand sir. By my post, i was trying to point out the strategic position of Alaska. Russia can wreck more havoc to USA and Canada from there than from Russia land and water space. Russia will have to pass through NATO now to get to America.
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Gbengadaniel12: 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
lazeal:
I am aware of that lol. I am sure oil hadn't been discovered there when they sold it lol.
guess the Russian never saw the future

2 Likes

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
America can never let go.. Never!
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by bantudra: 10:07am On Apr 05, 2017
i dont even understand why the russians sold it in the first place...

doesnt even make sense to me.. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Racism In America Is The Nightmare Of The American Dream / Confederate Flag: Myths And Facts / Russia President, Vladimir Putin Says: Africa Is A Cemetery For Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.