Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,049 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs (4682 Views)

These Russian Eggs Are Worth ₦36 BILLION NAIRA (pictures) / Violence In Charlottesville As White Nationalists Clash With Counter Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by SalamRushdie: 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2017
That's never going to happen under Trump and I smell the hands of the evil Liberals on this trying to stir Trouble between Trump and Putin
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Lucasbalo(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
SalamRushdie:
That's never going to happen under Trump and I smell the hand of that evil Liberals on this trying to stir Trouble between Trump and Putin
So the Russian nationalist advocating that junk is a liberal now. Wow, you never ceases to amaze me with your Tramp a*s licking. I bet you lick his behind more than Melania. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by SalamRushdie: 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lucasbalo:
So the Russian nationalist advocating that junk is a liberal now. Wow, you never ceases to amaze me with your Tramp a*s licking. I bet you lick his behind more than Melania. Lol

Honorable you know those American liberals can go to any length to forment trouble where there is none
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Lucasbalo(m): 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Honorable you know those American liberals can go to any length to forment trouble where there is none
I guess I am a trouble maker. If you live here, believe me you will be a liberal too.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by SalamRushdie: 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I guess I am a trouble maker. If you live here, believe me you will be a liberal too.

I can never join any organization where Hillary clinton is
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Lucasbalo(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I can never join any organization where Hillary clinton is
Democratic party is bigger than one person the way Nigeria is bigger than one person. You liking Republicons is loving KKK members and White Nationalists who hates people that looks like you. I grew up here and I have seen the ugliness of the kind of people you love.

1 Like

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by scarr: 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
Explorers:

Please kindly quote where i said Alaska is a country.

Explorers:

They won't let go, that Alaska is big, far bigger that many countries in the world 663,268 sq mi(1,717,856 km2).

The state is majorly into travel, tourism, boat cruise and sight seeing.

Its travel industry generates billions of dollars for the US and almost 40,000 jobs for the country.

The country is so beautiful, amazing, beautiful mountains, glaciers but the weather is too harsh and sun is rare during winter.

9:am during winter, head lamps will still be on, saw it on Alaska Vlogs on youtube.

I saw another video during summer in Anchorage, 11pm looks like our 6:30 pm.

Did you see where u said it boss cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Explorers(m): 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2017
scarr:

Did you see where u said it boss cheesy

An error, ive corrected it.

1 Like

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by MONITZ: 12:32am On Apr 06, 2017
Zoharariel:

Y would Russia waste her time & money in buying back Alaska?

When ww3 breaks and Russia invades & balkanizes Amerika into 30 Russian colonies - under the multiple & non-stop blazing barrage of the Kalibr cruise missiles; Alaska shall be part of those colonies - while China, Iran & North Korea are left to share the rest of the loots just like Amerika has always done to weaker & smaller Nations around the globe. grin cheesy grin

My friend, in the end, Karma always wins! grin

Read This:

Why Russia's Enemies Fear the Kalibr Cruise Missile

Since the early 1990s, the United States has launched hundreds of Tomahawk cruise missiles from warships and submarines to strike at targets in the Middle East, North Africa, the former Yugoslavia and Afghanistan. Cruising at around 550 miles per hour—roughly the speed of an airliner—Tomahawks can strike targets more than one thousand miles away, making them a popular, though expensive, means of projecting firepower without putting U.S. troops in harm’s way.

However, the United States and the United Kingdom—which also deploys Tomahawks—are no longer the only nations waging long-range cruise-missile warfare.

On October 7, the Russian Gepard-class frigate Dagestan and three small Buyan-class corvettes sailing in the Caspian Sea unleashed a volley of twenty-six Kalibr cruise missiles from their Vertical Launch Systems. The nine-meter long missiles soared nine hundred miles over Iranian and Iraqi territory before slamming into targets into eleven targets in Syria, hitting a mix of ISIS fighters and Free Syrian Army rebels.

However, by showing off its long-range naval strike capabilities, Moscow not only advertised its technological prowess, but literally advertised the Kalibr missiles capabilities to foreign buyers—who can opt to purchase a shorter-range variant known as the Klub missile.

On the other hand, Russia has demonstrated that it can use numerous small vessels to deploy a powerful long-range weapon, an example of a “distributed” force structure. The idea is that in an age of increasingly lethal and longer-range missiles, it may be wiser to spread out firepower across multiple smaller and expendable platforms, rather than put all the eggs in one large, expensive and vulnerable basket. The U.S. Navy’s own attempts at a more distributed force structure through the Littoral Combat Ship program have so far encountered serious teething issues, and the frigate-sized LCSs currently lack weapons as powerful as the Kalibr missiles on smaller Russian corvettes.
Hahahahahahaaaa! grin cheesy grin

Ur knowledge of war related hardware is awesome ,i am always marvelled by ur write-ups that is war affiliated because u give specifics as well, Keep it up.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by MONITZ: 12:47am On Apr 06, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Democratic party is bigger than one person the way Nigeria is bigger than one person. You liking Republicons is loving KKK members and White Nationalists who hates people that looks like you. I grew up here and I have seen the ugliness of the kind of people you love.

Just like those Nigerian students who belong to the K. K. K confraternity on campuses, an association whose ideology they know nothing about, and I bet if they knew just a little about its foundation and the ideology backing it they wouldn't even dare touch it with a very long pole let alone being a member....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by blueAgent(m): 6:09am On Apr 06, 2017
normaljenny:
ALASKA HAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST CRUDE OIL DEPOSITS IN THE WORLD. AMERICA HASN'T EVEN TOUCHED THAT AREA YET.

SO IF RUSSIA CAN COUGH OUT LET'S SAY £700 TRILLION BRITISH POUNDS, THEN AMERICA MIGHT BE WILLING TO CONSIDER TO TALK.

The 2007 gross state product was $44.9 billion, 45th in the nation. Its per capita personal income for 2007 was $40,042, ranking 15th in the nation. According to a 2013 study by Phoenix Marketing International, Alaska had the fifth-largest number of millionaires per capita in the United States, with a ratio of 6.75 percent.[68] The oil and gas industry dominates the Alaskan economy, with more than 80% of the state's revenues derived from petroleum extraction. Alaska's main export product (excluding oil and natural gas) is seafood, primarily salmon, cod, Pollock and crab.

Agriculture represents a very small fraction of the Alaskan economy. Agricultural production is primarily for consumption within the state and includes nursery stock, dairy products, vegetables, and livestock. Manufacturing is limited, with most foodstuffs and general goods imported from elsewhere.

Employment is primarily in government and industries such as natural resource extraction, shipping, and transportation. Military bases are a significant component of the economy in the Fairbanks North Star, Anchorage and Kodiak Island boroughs, as well as Kodiak. Federal subsidies are also an important part of the economy, allowing the state to keep taxes low. Its industrial outputs are crude petroleum, natural gas, coal, gold, precious metals, zinc and other mining, seafood processing, timber and wood products. There is also a growing service and tourism sector. Tourists have contributed to the economy by supporting local lodging.

Alaska has vast energy resources, although its oil reserves have been largely depleted. Major oil and gas reserves were found in the Alaska North Slope (ANS) and Cook Inlet basins, but according to the Energy Information Administration, by February 2014 Alaska had fallen to fourth place in the nation in crude oil production after Texas, North Dakota, and California.[69][70] Prudhoe Bay on Alaska's North Slope is still the second highest-yielding oil field in the United States, typically producing about 400,000 barrels per day (64,000 m3/d), although by early 2014 North Dakota's Bakken Formation was producing over 900,000 barrels per day (140,000 m3/d).[71] Prudhoe Bay was the largest conventional oil field ever discovered in North America, but was much smaller than Canada's enormous Athabasca oil sands field, which by 2014 was producing about 1,500,000 barrels per day (240,000 m3/d) of unconventional oil, and had hundreds of years of producible reserves at that rate.[72]

The Trans-Alaska Pipeline can transport and pump up to 2.1 million barrels (330,000 m3) of crude oil per day, more than any other crude oil pipeline in the United States. Additionally, substantial coal deposits are found in Alaska's bituminous, sub-bituminous, and lignite coal basins. The United States Geological Survey estimates that there are 85.4 trillion cubic feet (2,420 km3) of undiscovered, technically recoverable gas from natural gas hydrates on the Alaskan North Slope.[73] Alaska also offers some of the highest hydroelectric power potential in the country from its numerous rivers. Large swaths of the Alaskan coastline offer wind and geothermal energy potential as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska

Lol......Russia will go broke trying to buy Alaska
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by Missy89(f): 7:10am On Apr 07, 2017
Bad joke
Re: Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs by tck2000(m): 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
Impossible

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doug Jones Won The Senate Seat In Alabama Over A Child Rapist Republican Roy Moo / Breaking News: Kate Middleton Delivers Baby Girl / Kenya BANS All GMO Monsanto Foods!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.