Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad (4102 Views)

Commercial Bus Throttle Cable Tied To The Pedal In Apapa, Lagos State. PHOTOS / Where Can I Get Throttle Sensor In PH / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad by haviz: 8:44am On Apr 07, 2018
once I scann the car ..I get throttle position sensor low circuit...
Re: Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad by mayor2013: 11:59am On Apr 07, 2018
haviz:
am having same problem with my car too.once u remove the backup fuse for like 10mins ,the tps will work well and later fail again....
iv changed mine more than 8times....in case there a solution pls

What car is this. You have a short circuit somewhere
Re: Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2018
house
I dont think this is a case of parts changed... the probability of 3 different failures arising from inferior parts is...... quite low.... very very low.
seems like an electrical issue.

1. if vehicle is not flooded then the issue might be an intermittent issue... most likely a short or a wrong ground connection. two popular scenarios can play out here.

2. first scenario,fuse went out.. mechanic told u its the throttle sensor and u paid for it. mecho fused throttle fuse with copper wire and installed it back. vehicle works and when the issue starts... fuse that should blow doesn't blow cos it has been overridden. then sensor gets the extreme high current and gets damaged.

3 second scenario.... vehicle enters limp mode after a period of drive cycles. mecho removes battery terminals when installing a new one. ecu resets and codes are temporarily cleared then vehicle is driven till it reaches its threshold for that particular limp code... when it throws the code, it's deactivates the throttle sensor and it feels like a damaged sensor

u see the importance of scanning a vehicle?
in fact frsc should mandate it... like fire extinguisher

whether u know how to use it or not just have it in the car

I might be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad by Kashif(m): 7:31am On Apr 08, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
house
I dont think this is a case of parts changed... the probability of 3 different failures arising from inferior parts is...... quite low.... very very low.
seems like an electrical issue.

1. if vehicle is not flooded then the issue might be an intermittent issue... most likely a short or a wrong ground connection. two popular scenarios can play out here.

2. first scenario,fuse went out.. mechanic told u its the throttle sensor and u paid for it. mecho fused throttle fuse with copper wire and installed it back. vehicle works and when the issue starts... fuse that should blow doesn't blow cos it has been overridden. then sensor gets the extremely high current and gets damaged.

3 second scenario.... vehicle enters limp mode after a period of drive cycles. mecho removes battery terminals when installing a new one. ecu resets and codes are temporarily cleared then vehicle is driven till it reaches its threshold for that particular limp code... when it throws the code, it's deactivates the throttle sensor and it feels like a damaged sensor

u see the importance of scanning a vehicle?
in fact frsc should mandate it... like fire extinguisher

whether u know how to use it or not just have it in the car

I might be wrong though.

100 likes

2 Likes

Re: Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2018
Kashif:

100 likes

101 likes tongue
Re: Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad by haviz: 8:46am On Apr 09, 2018
honda accord 2000 model v6. the electrician told to buy the complete throttle head after he has tried all his best.
Re: Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad by Xchristy(f): 10:09am On Apr 13
vapid:
Thanks a lot guys. I gave the car to a mechanic who did the diagnostic. I will post the code on this thread tomorrow morning.
I really appreciate the comment guys.
Hi. Please what was the diagnosis for this?
I’m having exactly the same issues.
I’ve changed throttle body sensor three times now and they keep going bad after two weeks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Siena Please Come Back! / Which Is Better: Diesel Engine Or Petrol Engine? / Alloy Wheels Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.