Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Police Arrest: Bash Ali Alleges Minister’s Involvement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Police Arrest: Bash Ali Alleges Minister’s Involvement (473 Views)

Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. / Photo Of Bash Ali Being Manhandled By GEJ's Minister's Security Aides In 2013 / Bash Ali During Goodluck Jonathan Regime Vs Buhari Regime:See The Difference(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest: Bash Ali Alleges Minister’s Involvement by mzirawo: 6:11am On Apr 04, 2017
POLICE ARREST: BASH ALI ALLEGES MINISTER’S INVOLVEMENT
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/04/police-arrest-bash-ali-alleges.html

Nigerian boxing legend and former world cruiserweight champion, Bashiru ‘Bash’ Ali has alleged that the Minister of Youth & Sports Development Solomon Dalung maser-minded his arrest by cops stationed at the Federal Secretariat in Abuja, yesterday, at the gate to the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (HOCSOF).
According to Ali, he was arrested on the order of the minister, because he wanted “to stop corruption at all cost” in Nigeria. He alleged that he had an appointment with the minister about his proposed record fight but the minister refused to grant him audience.
“All I am about is to stop corruption in this country and that is what I am doing,” Ali eplained at the police station.
However, in a telephone interview with Dalung, he wondered how he could have known anything about that.
“I did not order his (Ali’s) arrest. I did not even know he was arrested. You are the one telling me. As I speak, I am in Lagos to receive the Queen’s Baton for the Commonwealth Games. So, I don’t know anything about his arrest. If he is disturbing public peace, the Police does not need any order to arrest him. If he is blocking people from going to their offices, the police will do their job. I’m not responsible for his arrest,” said an obviously annoyed Dalung, who denied having any appointment with Ali.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest: Bash Ali Alleges Minister’s Involvement by alonzoiv(m): 6:15am On Apr 04, 2017
" According to Ali, he was arrested on the order of the minister, because he wanted “to stop corruption at all cost” in Nigeria. " well done, Sir. Mr anti-corruption.
Re: Police Arrest: Bash Ali Alleges Minister’s Involvement by MrRichy(m): 6:16am On Apr 04, 2017
( shocked I have nothing to say on this matter...

but I must comment grin
Re: Police Arrest: Bash Ali Alleges Minister’s Involvement by femcent2: 6:18am On Apr 04, 2017
our leader will tell us to say 'God bless Nigeria' every time, is Nigeria really worth dying for?
Re: Police Arrest: Bash Ali Alleges Minister’s Involvement by rusher14: 6:58am On Apr 04, 2017
Bash Ali Should stop constituting a nuisance and learn to approach government establishments with decorum and respect.

Even as a sporting hero your value is time-barred hence you must learn to use it whilst you are making waves.

The government would not pension the likes of Bash certainly not without due process which might include legislation.

Matter of fact, pension for his kind should be from the state government.

Sportsmen should learn to live with the times.
Sportsmen should know when the bell has tolled.

Bash Ali, I think your bell was rung ages ago.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your New Candidate For FIFA Best Player Or Ballon D'or Winner? / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : Match Preview And Predictions (sunday Clash) / Messi Training Ahead Of El Clasico Clash With Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.