Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,532 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery (14905 Views)

Cashless Policy Will Only Affect 10% Of Nigerians / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by ahahnow: 8:12am On Apr 04, 2017
We can't have nice things because Nigerians ruin everything for others

2 Likes

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by wizkidblogger(f): 8:16am On Apr 04, 2017
abhosts:
The last time I paid cash before delivery was to konga and It took about 2 months for me to receive the item after several calls. That was when i vowed never to try such again. So any Nigerian company that cannot do cash on delivery or at a nearby pickup centre is not for me.

you are just one out of the millions. so, chill...
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by cornelin(m): 8:17am On Apr 04, 2017
I think a service like the escrow should also be introduced in case of dispute or unsatisfactory services
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Jasomine: 8:19am On Apr 04, 2017
This is a foolish decision. Eyo should have maintained POD option but insist on the use of POS

2 Likes

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Yinkatolu: 8:21am On Apr 04, 2017
MMM Abused grin grin grin grin
NextGovernor:
Any good thing that comes to Nigeria is always abused....

Democracy abused
Communication abused
Internet abused (yahoo yahoo)

Nigerians must find a dubious way out of a good invention of innovation to scam or defraud his populace...

We must change our negative mentality before we can improve in this country..

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by signz: 8:22am On Apr 04, 2017
They should have pick up stores in major cities then.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by ayampissed: 8:22am On Apr 04, 2017
They should say something else cos you can do payment on delivery with the POS.

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by ifyalways(f): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2017
Paying upfront for anything online in Nigeria can be tricky. You see and pay for original online, you get the opposite ; lowest of all low China on delivory.

POD works for me as I can inspect and reject if it's not the quality is ordered for.

4 Likes

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Senipapa(m): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2017
When I order an item and they bring something different or below quality of the initial I saw online what do I do?

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Kaybaba5(m): 8:39am On Apr 04, 2017
Everything is being abused by naija people ..
who's to blame

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Bgorgeous: 8:52am On Apr 04, 2017
At this time? Una never ready
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by EscapadeNg(m): 8:53am On Apr 04, 2017
Nice one.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Ralphlauren(m): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2017
clickbnkgod:
Well to me I don't even know why this online markets are doing pay on delivery service, it is a bad strategy right from time. But still they still go on to do it as per competition strategy.

Before you quote me and shout "that is how it is been done in developed country" please note that you use "developed" moreover what is obtained in one place may not be necessarily obtained in other climes.

I am just happy they are getting it right now. Instead of risking the safety of their agents, they should make their payment portal more effective.

Check my signature guys

I live in a very developed company.

Absolutely no company here offers "pay on delivery" option for goods except when you order prepared meals (take away food).

Everything else (no matter how small or cheap or how many times you've shopped with them) whether from small companies or major retailers like Amazon, etc, you have to pay in full before the item is even dispatched from the warehouse.

i bought an expensive fridge/freezer recently. not only did i pay in full before the order was dispatched from the warehouse, the delivery men who delivered and installed the fridge/freezer took photographs of the item in my kitchen as this means there is absolutely no way i can come back later to claim the item wasn't delivered and request for a refund or replacement
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Ralphlauren(m): 9:04am On Apr 04, 2017
ifyalways:
Paying upfront for anything online in Nigeria can be tricky. You see and pay for original online, you get the opposite ; lowest of all low China on delivory.

POD works for me as I can inspect and reject if it's not the quality is ordered for.

. All you have to do is reject it immediately, complete the returns form and hand it back immediately to the courier company.

I have bought items (fully paid for) and changed my mind later and all I did was refuse the courier company to deliver (I didn't sign to confirm delivery) and the item was sent back to the company and refund was processed.

Refunds take between 5-7 days while some companies let you know in their terms and conditions that it could take up to 21 days to get a refund.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Bleon99: 9:10am On Apr 04, 2017
Primusinterpares:
Nothing person nor go see 4this Nigeria wen we deu so
nothing is working in Nigeria. The law makers are also the violators.

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by alt3r3g0: 9:11am On Apr 04, 2017
verygudbadguy:
I don't think that the best option they are left with....

Now, to address some of you saying that they are abusing it... The newly reviewed Cash Lite policy would crash their business under 6 months considering the large amount of penalty charges they would pay over that period. For every deposit above 3 million will cost them a great deal of money.

What i think they should enforce is no cash payment on delivery. There should be option of paying with debit card and other online means available. The risk of carrying cash around is too much, considering what happened to the Jumia delivery guy.

“Our decision was necessitated by the increasing risk and security challenges posed by this payment option. Also, to reduce the amount of cash carried from one location to another by our delivery staff. We encourage our customers to make use of our other secured electronic payment options such as online payment or bank transfer for payments.

your suggestion is already covered in the article.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by BruzMoney(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2017
Ralphlauren:

. All you have to do is reject it immediately, complete the returns form and hand it back immediately to the courier company.

I have bought items (fully paid for) and changed my mind later and all I did was refuse the courier company to deliver (I didn't sign to confirm delivery) and the item was sent back to the company and refund was processed.

Refunds take between 5-7 days while some companies let you know in their terms and conditions that it could take up to 21 days to get a refund.

so one should wait for 21days to get a refund?

2 Likes

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by chloride6: 9:19am On Apr 04, 2017
And there goes the end of online retailing.

Pay Porte isn't being intelligent with this.

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by edoyad(m): 9:28am On Apr 04, 2017
We have porthacourt boys and girls to thank for this

2 Likes

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Ralphlauren(m): 9:33am On Apr 04, 2017
BruzMoney:

so one should wait for 21days to get a refund?

It could take UP TO 21 days.

Emphasis on the words "up to".

Which means it could take anything between 1 and 21 days.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by icestrings(m): 9:33am On Apr 04, 2017
Make them just kill us now.. We no fit of POS on delivery?

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Onegai(f): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2017
ifyalways:

I have never paid Cash On Delivery. I buy from small retailers, not Jumia and Konga. Smaller Companies tend to want to protect their business better so will send out the right items. I once purchased Body Butters from one to send to someone else, whole transaction was smooth without me seeing the product till months later. It really depends on the company. The company I work with, we use actual pictures of our products and offer a Tracking number with every shipment. If there is an issue, they have at least 3 people in Customer Care to answer. So far, most of the Natural-Organic lifestyle brands follow this route.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by verygudbadguy(m): 10:03am On Apr 04, 2017
alt3r3g0:

“Our decision was necessitated by the increasing risk and security challenges posed by this payment option. Also, to reduce the amount of cash carried from one location to another by our delivery staff. We encourage our customers to make use of our other secured electronic payment options such as online payment or bank transfer for payments.

your suggestion is already covered in the article.

Not totally covered.

The article didn't state if they would accept debit card or provide POS going forward. What i sense is this, they want to encourage payment on order except i am not getting them clearly.

Anyways, it would have been clearly if they made it "No cash payment on delivery" rather than no payment on delivery since there are various means of payment other than cash.

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:08am On Apr 04, 2017
online shopping abi online wahala. I was at dstv the other day and a man came in complaining that he bought a dstv Explorer for 40k from an online store and the accessories were not complete and after he left they were laughing at him because it only cost 30k in thier office. Nigerian online store are dishonest and they overcharge that's why for me it's pay on delivery after I inspect the item or you keep your shiit.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by ifyalways(f): 10:17am On Apr 04, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Name the company please.

I have had bad experiences with Jumia and Konga. They NEVER REFUND (3 years ago though), Konga will open and refund to your konga wallet(wtf is that and who asked for that) while Jumia will offer you either a replacement (same rubbish quality or worst) or ask you to buy something else.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by alt3r3g0: 10:23am On Apr 04, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Not totally covered.

The article didn't state if they would accept debit card or provide POS going forward. What i sense is this, they want to encourage payment on order except i am not getting them clearly.

Anyways, it would have been clearly if they made it "No cash payment on delivery" rather than no payment on delivery since there are various means of payment other than cash.

if you have a card for pos, you can as well pay with the same card on the online platform as you place your order.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by ifyalways(f): 10:26am On Apr 04, 2017
Onegai:

I have never paid Cash On Delivery. I buy from small retailers, not Jumia and Konga. Smaller Companies tend to want to protect their business better so will send out the right items. I once purchased Body Butters from one to send to someone else, whole transaction was smooth without me seeing the product till months later. It really depends on the company. The company I work with, we use actual pictures of our products and offer a Tracking number with every shipment. If there is an issue, they have at least 3 people in Customer Care to answer. So far, most of the Natural-Organic lifestyle brands follow this route.
I have never bought from small scale retailers, maybe I should try them. I have only transacted with Konga, Jumia,Dealdey and slot and its either POD or I jeje head to balogun. 3 years ago, Jumia and Konga showed me shege. I'll try small scale retailers one of this days.

Oh, I just remembered. You are absolutely right. I bought lingerie and some lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Dec last year from some Sally something website. quality was below par as advertised. I called to complain and they refunded me immediately but NEVER came back for their stuff.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by verygudbadguy(m): 10:26am On Apr 04, 2017
alt3r3g0:

if you have a card for pos, you can as well pay with the same card on the online platform as you place your order.

Yes. You are right.

But for someone like me, i prefer to see what i am buying before making payment.

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by alt3r3g0: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Yes. You are right.

But for someone like me, i prefer to see what i am buying before making payment.

“We believe this will also play an active role in the growth of e-commerce business in Nigeria, as well as give a new dimension to the business” added Eyo. In line with the suspension, refunds for unsatisfied customers would now be processed within a maximum of 48 hours while only customers who have shopped on PayPorte for five times or more will be able access the POD option from the 10th April pending its total discontinuation.
The bolded addresses your concerns.

The have put checks in place, and also to protect their delivery men. I believe this is the best approach as we human beings use our hands to sabotage every innovation.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 04, 2017
They can do pay on delivery to the nearest post office... that is a lot safer and the consumer would still be interested.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by verygudbadguy(m): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2017
alt3r3g0:

The bolded addresses your concerns.

The have put checks in place, and also to protect their delivery men. I believe this is the best approach as we human beings use our hands to sabotage every innovation.

Lol.

You work with Payporte?

You seem to know more that the article itself. grin

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by BlackBaron: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2017
Citizens of developed countries also have apprehension on buying items online viz a viz quality, description, etc. They however have statutory ts and cs to sort out problems.

This can be solved if statutory rights are taken seriously in Nigeria. This would cover refunds, returns and defects on items.
Unless you're a retailer you wouldn't understand how disadvantageous payment on delivery is.

Losing upwards of 80 grand in a month on a single product line alone due to pod (theft, robbery,etc) is no child's play. It's worst when you have no insurance policy to cover you. That's not taking into account other issues with unserious customers who disappear after sending their items from Lagos to obudu cattle ranch. They'll refuse to pick up their phones or tell you they travelled!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Polystar Electronics Emerges Africa's Quality Electronics Company Of The Decade / Get FREE 1000 Nigerian Email Addresses To Advertise Your Business / Naira Depreciates To N1,180/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.