Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! (1663 Views)

Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) / Bayelsa Man Prepares Meal With Alligator Meat (Photos) / How Bird Spoil My Day Through Life Story(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
I am a bachelor. I prefer to cook than to eat out.

My major problem in cooking is that, it's either it's too salty or there's no enough salt. The one I battle most is salty food.

I prepare good food but I spoil it with salt. I just don't know how to involve salt.....at all.

It's really frustrating!

Before leaving home this morning, I cooked yam and beans porridge using groundnut oil instead of palm oil. Added crayfish, salt, very little Maggi, onion added when food was almost done.....infact done!

In as much as I tried adding little salt, It eventually became too much and spoiled the meal. It was damn too salty. I just ate little and left the rest in the pot.

I know guys here would say, go and marry. Yes it is true, I really want to, but I don't have money. Me wey never even fit take care of myself finish, no be die I dey if I carry another person join body?! I don't even have a job!

Ladies in the house pls help me o(especially the ones that can cook well)
How do I neutralize the salt effect and make it sweet again?

lalasticlala come and help a bachelor like you o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lol it's because you can't cook. Just try putting less salt each time you cook then when it's ready you can add a pinch of salt to your meals to increase the salty taste but remember salt isn't too good for you
Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by MPEROR: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
Add more Yam or potato that should absorb the salt
Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by eyinjuege: 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
Maybe you should just stop using salt altogether. Better food doesn't have enough salt than to have too much.
Too much salt increases the risk of hypertension.
You already have enough natural risks of becoming hypertensive by being male, and a black man.
Don't add to it.
You can add a little salt to the meal when its done and served in your plate. At least you won't contaminate the whole pot of food with salt if you only add to the portions you dish.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by ElmaSpeed(f): 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
Try adding salt last when cooking and just pinch it.
It's far better to eat as little salt as possible. Eventually your taste buds will get used to it and you'll be healthier
Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by Ladytemi(f): 12:29am On Apr 05, 2017
If your adding maggi forget about adding extra salt. If you must use both, add the maggi first and taste that will help you determine if you need more.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by Probz(m): 1:32am On Apr 05, 2017
This nigga no sabi cook. Groundnut oil for beans kwa? Why don't you go ahead and add ketchup and paprika like that ewa troll in the culture section.

Forget salt when you don put crayfish na maggi for pot.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 05, 2017
Probz:
This nigga no sabi cook. Groundnut oil for beans kwa? Why don't you go ahead and add ketchup and paprika like that ewa troll in the culture section.

Forget salt when you don put crayfish na maggi for pot.

Bros, try using groundnut oil for your beans, and you will see the difference.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate
Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by Olayinka777(m): 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
If I may ask how long have you been experiencing this? Is there a particular brand of salt you have been used to? Now to buttress these points/questions, there are so brand of salts that are very sharp/harsh in nature. Most times you will be wondering that I only added little but how come this food is salty. I strongly suggest you change the brand of salt.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 06, 2017
Olayinka777:
If I may ask how long have you been experiencing this? Is there a particular brand of salt you have been used to? Now to buttress these points/questions, there are so brand of salts that are very sharp/harsh in nature. Most times you will be wondering that I only added little but how come this food is salty. I strongly suggest you change the brand of salt.

Which brand is the best or better? Any name?
Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by Ndudi4: 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
I was once a victim of such. My salt taste I high, so what I do when cooking, salt comes in last after all condiments. I stop cooking to my taste. So when next u're cooking apply same method in time u ll improve.

Hope it helps. I feel ur pain bro
Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by aydelicious: 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ndudi4:

I feel your pain bro
What you need is measurement of the food you want to prepare and again inset of salt ,let seasoning take place,like Maggie. Whenever you want to cook,you will just use half tee spoon of salt,anyway for example 500g of rice,you can use two level of tee spoon with three Maggie,it will bring the taste of the food out,just try that,it will give you good result.
Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by Juliearth(f): 3:39am On Apr 12, 2017
NLsince2010:
I am a bachelor. I prefer to cook than to eat out.

My major problem in cooking is that, it's either it's too salty or there's no enough salt. The one I battle most is salty food.

I prepare good food but I spoil it with salt. I just don't know how to involve salt.....at all.

It's really frustrating!

Before leaving home this morning, I cooked yam and beans porridge using groundnut oil instead of palm oil. Added crayfish, salt, very little Maggi, onion added when food was almost done.....infact done!

In as much as I tried adding little salt, It eventually became too much and spoiled the meal. It was damn too salty. I just ate little and left the rest in the pot.

I know guys here would say, go and marry. Yes it is true, I really want to, but I don't have money. Me wey never even fit take care of myself finish, no be die I dey if I carry another person join body?! I don't even have a job!

Ladies in the house pls help me o(especially the ones that can cook well)
How do I neutralize the salt effect and make it sweet again?

lalasticlala come and help a bachelor like you o grin

Whenever your food comes out too salty,throw inome or two irish potato...it/they would absorb the excess salt...you should consider adding salt to your food in smaller bits...
Re: Why Do I Always Spoil My Meal With Salt? I Need Help From Good Cooks! by zinnos: 9:00am On Apr 13, 2017
Are you a business man or woman, a working class professional, a student, single or married? And you have no time to cook your desired meals?
We cook different types of Nigeria soups (egusi, okro, edikaikong, iforiro, ogbono, oha, banga soup, black soup, white soup, bitterleaf etc) and other delicacies like moi moi, beans, yam porridge jollof rice,PAP and many others to your taste and specification. And we deliver anywhere in Abuja. Please call us today to place your order. 08076751105,08138095919.
We also make rich and healthy local drinks like zobo, kunnu, tigernut drink etc.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Correct Way To Peel Yam? / Suya Sellers Dont Eat Suya. / Sharing Of Cow In Abuja Every Saturday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.