Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist (915 Views)

Nigerian Terrorist Arrested For Plotting To Bomb Parts Of The US / Sister Of Nigerian Terrorist Who Killed A British Soldier (PICTURED) / Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 4:50pm On Dec 27, 2009
I know on Nairaland and other forums there will be accusations, Justifications and counters, but wait a minute let us look from the Nigeria that made Mr.  Farouk Abdul Muttalab. The Nigeria that this young man came from is one that has hatred in the heads, heart, eyes and hands of the citizenry( The Militant few).  He was born into a country that tribes hate each other so how did hatred grow so powerful and found its expression in suicide bomb attack?

Abdul Farouk went to school like most Nigerians and saw the poverty in the northern part of Nigeria and thought to himself that there must be an explanation to reason behind this poverty and stagnation. He is told that it is because of the Infidels and the sins of others. His mind as a Youngman swings into problem solving mode and seeks to find a solution to this. He is frustrated by no answer because dad was working in bank and had to face his career.  He finds that there is poverty in other places in Nigerian but sees that there is massive wealth in the hands of people that are not from the Northern Part, Igbo Yoruba and etc.

He tries to fit into the social life of the southern elite but is seen as a cow chasing ABOKI that his forefathers were to be blamed for making Nigerians poor or backward. He tries to fit in and he is told that he is the cause of Nigeria’s problem that his father stole money and that northerners reap where they did not sow Ok he is told that if he becomes an engineer or is successful academically he will be able to solve the problems, in his heart he knows that he being an engineer can’t solve this problem, there is hatred piling up in his heart as he is confused because there is no communal spirit in Nigeria.

He finds solace that there is perfection in Islam with the quest for perfection he is told by Islamic scholars that until the entire world is Muslim there cannot be perfection.  He begins to seek the “truth” and the emotion of hate is now made to see a solution that killing the infidel and leaving this world whilst doing with the promise of seventy two virgins in the Islamic heaven. Why should he not take this opportunity and find the easy way out when there is no love amongst us Nigerians.  We make mockery of ourselves.

The same hatred that leads our youths to, kill themselves in schools before the turn 20 engage themselves in yahoo yahoo and other evils is the same hatred that was in Abdul Farouk. There are many Abdul farouk in the south they are destroying lives or many but they will point to others so easily. They live in their houses with gates high up to heavens there is no play park for children there is no communication there is suspicion there is no love there is fear because they have great possession in their houses, they have forgotten the greatest possession is man.

We Nigerian made Farouk we are all guilty we made every criminal that left Nigeria we are all be punished we did so on Nairaland when we spew hatred we did so when we did not greet  an Aboki on the road and saw him as the problem of Nigeria. He knew you hated and it was that hate that he was bombarded that he decided to take his life with others with him after is that not want you wanted? Did you not want that they were extinguished? Your fake Churches that have never preached true christ to the north would be happy that finally that Islam is not a marketable product that "Christainity" is a better product. The Christianity they preach did not Answer Abdul farouk's questions. Christianity is never a product it is the source.

We need to start catching our youths young to love our country we need to start recruiting an army of lovers of our great country. we need to make sure that if you are not 20 you cannot leave Nigeria and when you leave school you must have serve Nigeria for 2 to 4 years of military service with evidence of something tangible that you and I can see that you contributed your quota of love to Nigeria.

The intelligence service will be reading some of your statements and they may be trying to key this into the stereotype classification that Nigerians will be put to We must reject this as Nigerians in unison, It is not a Northerner that tried to blow himself up it is a Nigerian and we don’t agree with It but we are Nigerians and we are sorry simple end of matter.

God bless Nigeria
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2009
@Poster, he grew up drinking MONEY and hobnobbing with the “elites”. He was supposedly enrolled in one of the top schools in the UK, and rumor has it that his popsy bought him a mega mansion as well. I am not sure most all of the above applies to him. If he needed to bomb anyone for the Nigerian situation, he ought to have started with his own father. But then again, this was never really about Nigeria, if you ask me. Does blowing up a plane headed to america really help any Nigerian?
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
As if i knew what is in the heads of some people here.

@kobojunkie

if he was happy and loved his father and his country would he have decided to blow himself up? It is not all about money. This is why we will keep losing our youths. There are people that are ready to die for their conviction. If it was money you yourself said it he had it, so what would make him want to die and take people along.

THE ANSWER

He had lost self worth he knew people like you and i saw him his family and his tribe as the problem he did not have the power to solve the problem. He was wrong, Does that mean we should also be wrong?

Does blowing up a plane headed to america really help any Nigerian?

There are so many poor people that are being trained to blow themselves up what would you say to that? Some of them are dissillusioned by some Nigerians (militant few), the love temperature is very low in Nigeria. We now consciously and unconsciuosly hate each other Astronomically and a YOUNG mind that seeks to solve this problem genuinely when he meets hateful minds as we have on Nairaland he becomes Dissillusioned and seeks a magical wand.

[size=18pt]SO YOU SEE THIS HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH NIGERIA[/size]

We created all the Criminals, terrorist and sex workers. We cannot escape blame.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by skfa1: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ ur topic

Naija cant afford to lose their life, we too like enjoyment, for example me I cannot kill myself, mehn i gat to keep groving.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2009
@skfa1

So where did Abdul Farouk come from somalia?
You think all Nigerians are Robots we are not all about money atleast one man has proved this
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2009
rethink:

As if i knew what is in the heads of some people here.
I doubt you do!!!
@kobojunkie
rethink:

if he was happy and loved his father and his country would he have decided to blow himself up? It is not all about money. This is why we will keep losing our youths. There are people that are ready to die for their conviction. If it was money you yourself said it he had it, so what would make him want to die and take people along.

I am not sure what you are getting at here but let me try to take a stab at it anyway. If you are talking of person wanting to die, I am good with that subject. It is clear as day that he was NOT affected by the Nigerian situation you postulated as cause for this action of his, in your starting post there.  For one
a) He did not grow up poor, he had all the money so we could say the Nigerian SITUATION skipped him or he skipped that completely

rethink:

THE ANSWER

He had lost self worth he knew people like you and i saw him his family and his tribe as the problem he did not have the power to solve the problem. He was wrong, Does that mean we should also be wrong?

RUBBISH!!!! Utter RUBBISH!!! Even a demented soul can clearly see that his action was NOT to win over people like you and I, who you claim saw him and his family and his tribe as the problem.

rethink:

There are so many poor people that are being trained to blow themselves up what would you say to that?
This would have made sense to me if this man was a poor, uneducated cattle rearer or hausa boy or something. Stop trying to COMPARE him with them. You FAIL in whatever point you try to make when you do so. Poor people who are trained to do this usually do it because they are promised a better life for self or family. This one had money and great prospects, opportunities available to him. He was NOT POOR!!
rethink:

Some of them are dissillusioned by some Nigerians (militant few), the love temperature is very low in Nigeria. We now consciously and unconsciuosly hate each other Astronomically and a YOUNG mind that seeks to solve this problem genuinely when he meets hateful minds as we have on Nairaland he becomes Dissillusioned and seeks a magical wand.

[size=18pt]SO YOU SEE THIS HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH NIGERIA[/size]

We created all the Criminals, terrorist and sex workers. We cannot escape blame.

What are you yapping about? Millitants? This boy is NOT FIGHTING FOR NIGERIA!!! He is not even FIGHTING FOR THE HAUSA people. He did not FIGHT THE Nigerian elites here. He went after an American plane to blow it up. How in the world does that directly or indirectly better then lives and lots of the poor men back home? Please snap out this stupidity and attack issues AS THEY REALLY ARE in your response.

Our “YOUTHS” are mostly poor and cowardly individuals who are UNWILLING TO DIE on the most part for anything. This one was not even considering to organize those. It is clear this coward does not see the problem or else he would have started by blowing up his own father and friends for stealing from Nigeria.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by skfa1: 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2009
rethink:

@skfa1

So where did Abdul Farouk come from somalia?
You think all Nigerians are Robots we are not all about money atleast one man has proved this

As confirmed tho, he is from Nigerian (dad Nigerian and mum Yemen or something)

As I view the whole issue, i think the guy is having a personal problem that is why he carried it out. But if u are generalizing over here , i will not agree with you cause naija people too like their life especially the youth (they dont want to die).

So I still count NIGERIA out of terrorism. You could come up with another crime like YY,kidnapping, embezzling, hire killer and stuffs like that but Terrorism, NO WAY.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by eldee(m): 6:03pm On Dec 27, 2009
You say he did this because of what he saw growing up in Nigeria??
How can you say he was trying to help us??

This negro was going to kill more Nigerians than Americans anyways.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ Kobojunkie
I am not sure what you are getting at here but let me try to take a stab at it anyway. If you are talking of person wanting to die, I am good with that subject. It is clear as day that he was NOT affected by the Nigerian situation you postulated as cause for this action of his, in your starting post there.  For one
a)   He did not grow up poor, he had all the money so we could say the Nigerian SITUATION skipped him or he skipped that completely

Yes you are right he was not poor BUT  he had eyes and would have seen the massive suffering in the peoples or the north he would have also seen that the same poverty happens in the south.

RUBBISH!!!! Utter RUBBISH!!! Even a demented soul can clearly see that his action was NOT to win over people like you and I, who you claim saw him and his family and his tribe as the problem.

You said I CLAIM  NOW LOOK AT YOUR OWN POST AND SEE THAT IT IS NOT JUST A CLAIM BY ME

It is clear this coward does not see the problem or else he would have started by blowing up his own father and friends for stealing from Nigeria.

You cant hide the hatred you have for a Nigerian. Yes they are northerners and Nigerians.

This would have made sense to me if this man was a poor, uneducated cattle rearer or hausa boy or something. Stop trying to COMPARE him with them. You FAIL in whatever point you try to make when you do so. Poor people who are trained to do this usually do it because they are promised a better life for self or family. This one had money and great prospects, opportunities available to him. He was NOT POOR!!

Exactly what I am saying MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING. It is not everybody that is motivated by Cash people are tired of the way things are. Some people take bribe for years at there work place and they are tired of that we are not all robots. It is not about money. If you know a little about Child Psychology you would appreciate that MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING. OSAMA BIN LADDEN WAS RICH HE CAME FROM A RICH FAMILY WHY IS HE BOMBING AMERICA? He being "rich" made him a better target.

What are you yapping about? Millitants? This boy is NOT FIGHTING FOR NIGERIA!!! He is not even FIGHTING FOR THE HAUSA people. He did not FIGHT THE Nigerian elites here. He went after an American plane to blow it up

Yes he did not need to fight the Nigerian Elites. why because his mind was made to believe that the root cause of the problem was America this is what hatred that seeks expressive Action can cause, only love can defeat this. if he was told that you (Kobojunkie) were the problem with a promise of heaven in (Alikiamo or Alijana) with 72 virgins he will do it.

How in the world does that directly or indirectly better then lives and lots of the poor men back home? Please snap out this stupidity and attack issues AS THEY REALLY ARE in your response.

I will snap out when we begin to love and show our peoples love no matter where they come from.

Our “YOUTHS” are mostly poor and cowardly individuals who are UNWILLING TO DIE on the most part for anything. This one was not even considering to organize those. It is clear this coward does not see the problem or else he would have started by blowing up his own father and friends [b]for stealing from [/b]Nigeria.

KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF THAT OUR YOUTHS ARE COWARDLY GO AND SAY THAT TO THE 16 TO 19 YEAR OLDS INVOLVED IN ARMED ROBBERY AND SCHOOL CULTISM,

The problem is that the Parasitic Elite know how to use the youths and dump them but the non parasitic Elite dont know how to MANAGE THE YOUTHS to bring development.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by kosovo(m): 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2009
@Rethink i understand how you feel and i most touched by your article. sad
Though Humanity may Most-times be Pathetic, taking the lives of people in search of truth is certainly not the way Forward.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2009
@eldee
You say he did this because of what he saw growing up in Nigeria??
How can you say he was trying to help us??

I never said he was helping us. I did say he was Wrong. He was used and there are many that would be used Like Farouk We have to fight this hatred that we have for each other we cant fold our hands anymore. Our youths are reading stuff on Nairaland and making their own conclusion it is dangerous. The time for preaching love is over we must start acting love.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2009
@kosovo

I will never and i shall never Justify the killing of anyone. I thought the killing of Boko haram leader was wrong. I personally am against the death penalty. i beleive that God is the Only that can stop life. THE BOY WAS WRONG but what made the boy.

I put it to you that WE NIGERIANS MADE THE BOY. READ THE THREADS ON NAIRALAND WE ALLOWED HATRED ON NAIRALAND. WE SHOULD NEVER JOKE WITH OUR IDENTITY.

WE EVEN HAVE A TRIBAL SECTION.

WE THINK BY ALLOWING TRIBAL HATE WORDS WE WILL GET RID OF TRIBALISM. SOME KIDS COME ON THE NET AND READ ALL THE RUBBISH YOU AND I PASTE HERE.

JUST IMAGINE IF WE KEPT QUIET ON TRIBALISM FOR JUST 2 YEARS SO THAT IS SOMEONE STEALS HE IS DEALT WITH AS A NIGERIAN. I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD NOT RESPECT WHERE WE COME FROM BUT IT SHOULD NEVER GO BEYOND THAT.

IT IS THE OVEREMPHASIZING OF MY TRIBE THAT BRINGS OTHER TRIBE TO BELIEVE THAT YOU HATE THEM. IF YOU SAY YOU ARE IGBO AND YOU TOLERATE AND LOVE ALL MEN THERE WILL BE LITTLE OR NO HATRED TOWARDS YOU AND YOUR TRIBE OTHER TRIBE WILL SEEK TO OUT DO EACH OTHER IN A "LOVE BATTLE".

SOME OF THE OLD ARE NOT GOING TO CONFORM SO WE NEED TO TRAIN THE YOUNG AS FAROUK WAS TRAINED TO HATE WE NEED TO COUNTER THE HATE RECRUITERS.

SOME OF OUR YOUTHS HAVE NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF THAT THEY HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THEIR COUNTRY. THERE ARE ABOUT 50 MILLION YOUNG MEN WE NEED TO HARNESS THEM FOR A MASSIVE GREAT NIGERIA.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
@all no matter how we paint d situation its still terrorism.The 9/11 attack took d lives of close to 6000 People from all d continents including 6Nigerians.Tell me was that a fight against america or simply wickedness? Abdul wasnt fighting for Nigerians cus Nigerians&other pple were on board.He was to carryout a devilish intention cooked into him by some bad religious&terrorism scholars who beleives dat if u kill,God will welcome u to heaven straight.I cant understand how killing oneself&others can guarantee a better place than hell fire
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
@TOBA

IF THEY DONT HEAR THE WORD HOW WOULD THEY KNOW
IF THERE IS NO ONE TO TEACH THEM HOW WOULD THEY HEAR
IF THERE IS NO ONE TO TEACH THE TEACHER WHAT WILL THE TEACHER TELL THEM

TAKE A LOOK AT NAIRALAND YOU WILL SEE HOW WE MADE ABDUL FAROUK THOSE ISLAMIC EXTREMIST JUST FINISHED THE JOB WE STARTED.

WE CAN KEEP POINTING TO PEOPLE AS EXTREMIST THERE NO NEED TO LOOK FAR WAY IT IS HERE ON NAIRALAND COWARDS HIDE BEHIND THERE COMPUTER AND SPEW HATRED. SOME INDOCTRINATE PEOPLE WITH HATRED. NOTICE OF HOW SOME PEOPLE BRING IN SANUSI INTO THE PICTURE FOR NO JUST CAUSE. SOME EVEN SAY THE FATHER OF THE CHILD SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE THAT THE BOY SHOULD HAVE BLOWN UP EVEN WHEN HIS FATHER WENT TO THE US AUTHORITIES TO LAY A COMPLAINT.

A YAHOO YAHOO BELIEVES HE IS TAKING BACK MONEY THAT WAS ROBBED FROM US THROUGH SLAVE TRADE AND EXPOITATION OF OUR OIL SO DOES KIDNAPPERS KIDNAP FOREIGNERS UNTILL RECENTLY THEY HAVE STARTED KIDNAPPING NIGERIANS, WE THINK WE CAN ESCAPE THE EVIL SEED WE PLANT?

I BELIEVE WE CAN IF WE BEGIN TO SHOW MASSIVE LOVE FOR OURSELVES.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2009
rethink:

@ Kobojunkie
Yes you are right he was not poor BUT he had eyes and would have seen the massive suffering in the peoples or the north he would have also seen that the same poverty happens in the south.

That he had SEEN DOES NOT in any way validate the claim you are trying to make of him.

rethink:

You said I CLAIM NOW LOOK AT YOUR OWN POST AND SEE THAT IT IS NOT JUST A CLAIM BY ME
What?

rethink:

You cant hide the hatred you have for a Nigerian. Yes they are northerners and Nigerians.
WHAT? Again, you are making BASELESS assertions here. There is NO indication that this man’s action was out of HATE for Nigeria. None whatsoever!

rethink:

Exactly what I am saying MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING. It is not everybody that is motivated by Cash people are tired of the way things are. Some people take bribe for years at there work place and they are tired of that we are not all robots. It is not about money. If you know a little about Child Psychology you would appreciate that MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING. OSAMA BIN LADDEN WAS RICH HE CAME FROM A RICH FAMILY WHY IS HE BOMBING AMERICA? He being "rich" made him a better target.

I am not a nursery school kid here. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING is a well known fact. No one here interjected by claiming the man did it for the money. I remember what I said and it was that HE DID NOT HAVE MONEY PROBLEMS or Many of the problems faced by Average Nigerians and so you cannot state that he suffered the same problems the average Nigerian suffered.

Osama IS NOT himself the one BOMBING America. He instead recruits POOR people to do it for him. Now, check that fact with your claim that this man is typical SUICIDE bomber material.
This man is NOT POOR. It is usually the POOR and miserable in society that are used for this sort of bombings. He does not seem in DESPERATE need of help from the organization that supposedly hired him since indications do not show that this was done so he could secure money for his family or whatever. Maybe he did it so he could have 72 virgins in heaven but definitely nut so he could have money in his family since that we already know exists.

rethink:

Yes he did not need to fight the Nigerian Elites. why because his mind was made to believe that the root cause of the problem was America this is what hatred that seeks expressive Action can cause, only love can defeat this.

By Whom? Do you have any substantial backup for the claim above? What is your source?

rethink:

if he was told that you (Kobojunkie) were the problem with a promise of heaven in (Alikiamo or Alijana) with 72 virgins he will do it.

So in essence, you are trying to sell us some PHOOEY argument that this man did this for Nigeria? Do you even read your own posts to be sure you are on the right path? Again, what is your source?

rethink:

I will snap out when we begin to love and show our peoples love no matter where they come from.

Please grow up and learn to FOCUS On the point of discussion!!

rethink:

KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF THAT OUR YOUTHS ARE COWARDLY GO AND SAY THAT TO THE 16 TO 19 YEAR OLDS INVOLVED IN ARMED ROBBERY AND SCHOOL CULTISM,
The problem is that the Parasitic Elite know how to use the youths and dump them but the non parasitic Elite dont know how to MANAGE THE YOUTHS to bring development.

Uummmm . . . . I don’t know if you knew this before now but an ARMED ROBBER and a CULTIST is actually a COWARD unable to handle challenges but would rather take the EASY way( as they are convinced of that in their heads) in order to meet their goals. Cowardice is not simply about cowering in the corner, it is also expressed through CHOICES made in life.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
So in essence, you are trying to sell us some PHOOEY argument that this man did this for Nigeria? Do you even read your own posts to be sure you are on the right path? Again, what is your source?

PLEASE POINT IT WHERE I SAID HE DID IT FOR NIGERIA
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2009
rethink:

Yes he did not need to fight the Nigerian Elites. why because his mind was made to believe that the root cause of the problem was America this is what hatred that seeks expressive Action can cause, only love can defeat this.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by tumfulu1: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2009
These Idio ts always have theories that spring up from their own heads. what makes him a 'Nigerian terrorist'? because he has green passport?
the fool was believing in someone elses causes u foo l!
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2009
In the military there is orientation
There is also brain washing nazi style
There is also Indoctrination Religious extremist Christofascist or Islamofacist

My brother the young ones you go through conscious brain washing where you can watch days of movies of how the Jews kills palestinaians you will say what concerned farouk in that matter right ?

I will tell you how they could have possibly linked farouk and how they could have indoctrinated before the start of the brainwashing

1) In islam there is an Imaginary state called the Ummar
2) The state is protected by the warriors or mujahids where you the Jamar almuminim and almuminat as citizen
3) The enemy of that (Ummar) (the borderless Islamic state)  is Isreal and  Isreal = America
4) America takes oil from the middle east and supports Isreal to kill muslims
5) America lied that Iraq was building weapon of mass destruction and America killed so many muslims that were Innocent
6) America is satan and the infidel (Alkafri) headquaters so THEY as defenders of the Ummar must defend the state from infidels  ( there is a part where the quran states that they the muslim must strike at the very heart of the infidel)
7) There is a prophesy in Islam and this is about the belief that all the world would be muslim (kulu allah ) or something like that,
8 ) The perfect law of  allah is the Sharia we cannot have a perfect state without Sharia and to practice sharia we must be 100% muslim

I have said it and i will say that it again not untill we love ourselves we would be shocked at what will happen to us. I just saw on Tv that some nigerians claim we like life and enjoyment. and what is wrong if someone brainwashes some young kids with the 8 or more facts i have stated above with the promise of heaven and 72 virgins is it not the same PERCEIVED ENJOYMENT?

We think we can speak for all Nigerians.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by Angeleyz(f): 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2009
Go rot in hell you religious nut
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2009

His mind was made to believe he is dying for the right cause by indoctrination and brainwashing.  I never said he was right to believe all that stuff.

I know what i had to go through as a young man learning stuff about islam if not for the mighty patience God I probably would be an atheist now.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by bilymuse: 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2009
that bastard has no right killing Innocent people in the name of any belief. His father and the rest of his family are among the elites who destroyed Nigeria, he should blow them up.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On Dec 28, 2009
rethink:

His mind was made to believe he is dying for the right cause by indoctrination and brainwashing.  I never said he was right to believe all that stuff.

I know what i had to go through as a young man learning stuff about islam if not for the mighty patience God I probably would be an atheist now.

You and everyone else out there has a right to CHOOSE to have your mind brainwashed into believeing whatever you will. That is, in my opinion, your own business. However do not come here telling us you are fighting for Nigeria or us when we can all see clearly that you are not. There are millions of youths out there who were presented similar opportunity but CHOSE not to allow themselves be brainwashed in a similar manner. This man had NO VALID reason for what he did yet he went ahead to make himself SAVIOUR and JUDGE of the worth of people's lives at the same time. Who send am? NO be me and certainly not all the pissed off Nigerians out there.

So please, let's learn to call a spade just what it is, a spade!
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by rethink: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2009
@kobojunkie

I dont know why it is difficult for you to understand. I have said categorically that the boy was wrong. you claimed that i said that he did it FOR Nigeria, i asked you where i said he did it for nigeria you have not provided it.

The main theme of my article is that all us are guilty of CREATING THIS BOY he is a NIGERIAN. You see that is the problem with Nigeria. SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE CHOICES. THE FACT IS THAT SOME PEOPLE SEE RIGHT IN THE CHOICES THEY MAKE. IF A CHILD SEES THAT THE CHOICE HE MAKES WOULD GRANT HIM SALVATION THAT CHILD WOULD TAKE THAT CHOICE EVEN IF HE WOULD DIE AT THE END, THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED MIND PROGRAMMING.

THE TERRORIST RECRUITERS KNOW A POTENTIAL YOUTH TERRORIST WHEN HE BEGINS TO ASK QUESTIONS.

I NEVER SAID HE WAS FIGHTING FOR NIGERIA. HE WAS CREATED BY NIGERIA AND POLISHED UP BY THE MASTERMINDS.

@bilymuse
that naughty person has no right killing Innocent people in the name of any belief. His father and the rest of his family are among the elites who destroyed Nigeria, he should blow them up.

Yes he had no right killing anyone in the name of belief, You are also a murderer you have just accussed his father being the ones that destroying Nigeria. You and I billymuse are the murderers because we assasinate people characters. kill generations yet unborn we tribally execute them and give them no space to express their desires.

YOU BILYMUSE IS PRACTICING REVERSE BRAINWASHING,, YOU EVEN SAID HE SHOULD GO AND BLOW UP HIS FATHER,.,.,.,.,. The same thing the masterminds would have told him. OUR KIDS COME HERE TO NAIRALAND AND THEY SEE WHAT WE SAY ABOUT OURSELVES. SOME HAVE A CONSCIENCE AND SEEK GENUINELY TO CLEAR THEIR CONSCIENCE BUT NEVER FIND A SOLUTION SOME STUMBLE ON A FORUM LIKE NAIRALAND AND GUESS WHAT, THEY SEE THE HATRED IN THE RELIGIOUS SECTION AND THEY SEE THE MASSIVE HATE WORDS IN THE TRIBAL AND POLITICS SECTION. NO ANSWER TO THE SOLUTION THEY ARE TOLD THAT IT DID NOT START TODAY SOME AGREE AND JOIN THE BANDWAGON SOME DONT THEY FIND EXPRESSION IN HARD WORK OR CRIME. SOME THINK THAT NO AMOUNT OF HARD CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND BECOME RELIGIOUS.
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by lindabon: 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2010
whoa! funny. cant believe we've gotten a new name; "terrorist". how finished are we?? i think we had better stop bickering and start thinking of a way forward from here. what has happened has happened and is by-gone. we can either mend our ways or keep running around in circles. Now that we have also been branded terrorist, amid out numerous, numerous  terrible names, what can we do oh!oh! i no,  How about trying to make a positive mark. showing the world that we can do better than all the. . . you know. . . ugly names that we have acquired in the past: fraudsters, drug dealers,419ners, kidnappers, lechers, and the whole marrying for passport thingy,  oh my God! we have a lot to tackle here. Terrorism, is just the most recent, and things are not going to change if we continue missing the point here; whether he(the nigerian terrorists guy who i don't  care what his name is) was brainwashed,rich, a northerner, a Muslim, has nothing to do with the situation as hand. the one that affects us all is the fact the he is Nigerian. That identity is what he shares with us all, VERY UNFORTUNATELY. if we keep making excuses, we are only but prolonging the stay of our names on every countries black list! so what is it going to be?we wanna keep complaining and pretending that we are the happiest people on earth and so cannot commit suicide talk less of carrying a bomb along with it?!then we can all do that! or do we want to make things different for ourselves, by shading a positive light to our image. we can effect this change together. yeah, and least i forget, if we also want to keep things the way they are, then that is also, hhmmm. . .  well,  i don't no.

Oh No! and how i used to laugh at these Arabs (or what ever their name is) when they are being searched at the airport. How they practically single them out and search them inside-out. They even  have them pulling down their clothing item up until they have only their under-wears on them. Aha! and then, those ones that grow very very frightening beards, have their "beards searched". i don't know how true that last info is, but i heard about it once. dunno. anyway, the point is that, then, i used to go like, "Haha, at least we get better treatment". Okay, we did have our own share of stop and search at the airport security, because of our 419 stamp, and the green-passport with the coat of arm stereotype,which sets off a red signal; now attached with terrorism, oohoooohhhhhhhh, it is gonna get a lot worse!
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by chic2pimp(m): 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2010
my fellow comediansnigerians, how life nah. Una still dey discuss this topic abi? undecided undecided
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by suxes2005(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2010
I fink blowin up a plane does not help nigeria at all

like kobojunkie said, he shud av started wiv his father,

den it wont be dis kinda probs

one is afraid of applyin for american visa now,,

SHALOM
Re: The Making Of The Nigerian Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2010
The OP has a very good point. I read through the whole post and no where did I find him state that Umar Abdulmutallab did what he did for the sake of Nigeria. The fact is his action has affected every single one of us. The earlier we all sit up and improve our overall image, the better. However, some people here still miss the gist.

I think it is unfortunate that some posters think he should have killed his father or whatever. Now, do you have kids or plan to have some? Why advise anyone to kill anyone? Are you much different from the people that brainwashed the Xmas bomber?

Lastly, how many parents in Nigeria of today have criminals (419, yahoo yahoo, armed robbers) as children and know that this is what their children do for a living, yet never reported them to the EFCC of the police?
It is worthwhile to think about it, even for a short while, before posting.

@lindabon.

I feel your pain. The pitier becomes the pitied. At least we have a little taste of what it is to be Arabs, only that ours is compounded by 1. being blacks and 2. the other numerous bad things that Nigeria has become identified with.

(1) (Reply)

Yaradua To Arrive In Abuja On 15th January 2010 / The Crisis Bw Dora Akunyili & Aondokaa Deepens As She Rejects "apology Letter" / Obama Demands Information On Yar’adua’s Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.