Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song (8733 Views)

Alex Song And Cameroon Under Investigation For Match Fixing In Brazil / Mikel Obi Vs Yaya Toure / Mikel Obi Vs Petr Cech Cook Off.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by anobscase(m): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2009
There has always been a controversy in football viewing center and houses about the duo of Mikel Obi of Nigeria(Chelsea) and Alexander Song of Cameroon(Arsenal).
Both who play midfield roles for their respective clubs and countries, has been highly debated and compared in terms of who is a better player, good passer of the ball and a more utility player.
As for my opinion, Alex Song is a better player for now, as he is not rigid and can move the ball around,tackle well, play accurate passes to some extent and can also be a good defender.

I don't know what you think.

Write your views.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Phemour: 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2009
i think SONG is better.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by anobscase(m): 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2009
Yes i Agree with you
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Iyineda(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2009
Song plays a more fluid passing game, he's quicker to the ball but lacks the stamina Mikel has. Also, the latter has a better passing accuracy record.

Overall, I'd pick Mikel in my squad.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
alex song is the best midfielder in the world.
can things like u stop putting up useless topics?
is it not obvious that mikel obi is the worst player in english league?
don't u know chelsea is paying him because of the bribes he gave to the owner of the club.
greedy nigerians with stupid and foolish topics just designed to run successful ppl down.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by anobscase(m): 3:54am On Dec 29, 2009
@chris We no dey quarell, i am an Arsenal fan but people keep pissing me off by comparing my almighty Song with Mikel
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chrisical(m): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2009
Lame comparison
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2009
Answer: one overrated, one underrated.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by snippywhyt: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2009
to me i prefer Alexandre song because he has the strenght of tackling nd gaining the ball from an opponent than mikel but wen we talk of passes i'll pick mikel.but i fink alex can play from any wing of which mikel can not.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by binhozie(m): 2:00am On Dec 30, 2009
Song Mikel comparism is a close one really song is just more versatile good defender play in front of d back 4 can venture foward 2 score goals but his passin is crap dats wat mikel is wold class at i think a mikel kind of defensive(4) mildfielder is beta suited to la liga where d 4 is usually creative and is very self expressive den u l c d best in mikel doubt me just watch s.busquet y toure l diarra m senna e banega f.gago x alonso unlike preimiership where d 4 has 2 be a leg cutter i.e palacios mascherano essien
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by anobscase(m): 8:49am On Dec 30, 2009
@binhozie

Lol so na to dey kick leg (4) for EPL dey do?
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by ednut1(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2009
Only god know mikel 'shithole' obi even makes chealsea squad he has no ability and does nt improve, tall and cant nod, cant shoot, cant counter etc just foul making. As 4 song u can see dat d boy hs a chance of steping up. We mikel is sent away 4rm chealsea he is finished
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by naso2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2009
I can tell you mikel is better, song's profile is rising on the strength of Arsenal's style. If both players switch clubs mikel will sure cope better than how song will fair if he goes to chelsea. I pick mikel any day.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by mekus16rea(m): 4:16am On Dec 31, 2009
their shldnt b any comparison btw mike obi and Alex song.mike is a world class player n Alex is coming up,if u listen to brila fm.u wil knw that ppl voted for mike obi bcus is a world class player,even the Epl analysis always say that mike pass are accurate.am nt a chelsea fan or arsenal fan.l wil always rmain a BARCA 4 , LIFE!!!!!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by nedu2000(m): 7:35am On Dec 31, 2009
stats r deceptive,passng 2 d goalkeeper & short obvious passes r all cin as complete ones.wot of d numba of assists,tackles won,goals scored, abeg its Alex Song.mikel is just in d bandwagon in a formidable chelsea midfield
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by snowdrops(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2009
Mikel was a good player before he came to England. That fight btw chelsea and man u got into his head maybe, making him think he is a god.
He definitely is overrated. Chelsea always play poorly whenever he is in a game [minus Essien].
He lacks confidence, always playing safe, makes silly and costly mistakes, lacks pace, does not impose himself in the mildfield.

Song has improved tremendously this season. He has a mikel-like clone before now.
Credit to Arsene Wneger i will say. Arsenal will surely miss him as he goes to the ANC.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by snakova(m): 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2009
too much hate. mikel was just unfortunate not to have moved to united. sir alex was wrong to have bought him like a slave. if not for that, no one would have had the guts to demean him by comparing him to song.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by DrKitaun(m): 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2009
Mikel is only good enuff to be compared with Denilson and co . . .

Song is playing on another frquency now, plus he had been MVP in tourneys, regressed and is stilll is getting better by the day . . .

Mikel's mates in Wolrd footie are Messi and Fabregas . . .has Mikel ever been named in a CAF Footballer of the year award B4 ?

the way Song is playing the next CAF awards is definitely going to be incomplete without his being nominated . . .remember this form of his is a carryover from his form of last season

Mikel, however has a chance of proving himself with the CAF 2010 set to kick of next weekend . . .can he deliver in national colours

thats one fundamental area I use in comparison of players - performance for club and country . . .the best of players get the accolades they get BASED ON HOW WELL THEY RUN THE SHOW FOR THEIR COUNTRY !!!

Case in point - Eric Cantona . . .as great as he was for Man Utd, who was he in International footie ?
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by anobscase(m): 11:59am On Jan 02, 2010
Good Point
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by ochukoccna: 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
Mikel bawo!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
SONG BY A MILE! cool cool cool cool cool cool
SONG keeps getting better with every game=CONSISTENCY
Mikel keeps flipping like a yoyo= undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by IbrahimB: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
Song >>>>>>> Mikel
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by TheGooner: 2:54am On Jan 04, 2010
Song has come a long way for The Arsenal since he signed back in 2006. He is now one of our more established players and he will become even better.

As for Mikel well, he is a player I rate very highly too, very tough one to call but I'd say Alexandre.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by ov: 3:10am On Jan 04, 2010
dr kitaun. has made the most resonable comment. ALL other poster just keep posting rubbish. Mikel is a flop anyway. He cant be compared to his mates like fabregas or messi.

Stupid boy cant pass a ball forward,cant head, cant even shoot on or off target,all he is good at is constituting a nuisance to his side chelsea and all opposing teams.

STUPID BOY
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Cokerr(m): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2010
who is this stupid chris,why do you have to take it so personal,apart from being sentimental in ur judgement,you are also not patriotic. people like you see nothing good in nigerian plyers,you are as useless as SONG.Idiot,
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Cokerr(m): 11:05am On Jan 04, 2010
Anyone that says song is BETTER an arsenal fan,loosers.I am not a chelsea fan but a reasonable fellow.Wait,song has won nothing with arsenal,you all know what mikel has acieved with the blues.Song plays amongst kids,mikel plays alongside legends,the likes of frank lampard and didier drogba,not jack wilshere and aaron ramsey.my advice to you guys is, GO TO HELL.mIKEL IS ALREADY ONE OF THE BEST,SONG should go to a bigger team and prove his worth and not a team that has teenagers as thier senior players.IN the last 5 years,mikel has achieved more than arsenal not to talk of that silly song
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Meldrick(m): 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
anobscase:

@chris We no dey quarell, i am an Arsenal fan but people keep pissing me off by comparing my almighty Song with Mikel

You are an arsenal fan so you will definetly be bias in your judgement. There was no need putting up this lame comparison. Arsenal fans will definetly choose Song and Chelsea fans will choose Mikel. I guess you just want to know the number of Arsenal and Chelsea fans that exist on NL and the best way to get the number was to throw this question.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by 8words(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
you guys just hate urself, where did song playing for the national team, if u don't know mikel is a legend like kanu in nigeria who started playing for national team at the age of 17.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by deb(m): 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
This is not about any patriotism, it is about performance. And it is neither about being a chelsea nor an arsenal fan.
Its a simple question who is better Song or Mikel.

Statistics shows who is the better player and Song by far the BETTER player. FAR FAR FARRRRRR BETTER than Mikel.

Question, how regular is Mikel for chelsea and how regular is song for Arsenal? Long before Song broke into Arsenal's first team
Mikel has been having a crack at the chelsea's first team yet till date Mikel cannot boast of a single premiership goal nor a Champion's league goal for chelsea. While Song in his few seasons for Arsenal has scored spectacular solo goals for Arsenal both in the premiership and Champion's league.
The goal against Fenerbeche readily comes to mind. Truth is Mikel stock is on the decline just like most stocks on the Nigerian stock exchange grin
while that of Song is rising by the day. As the two proceed to the Nation's cup, it is obvious the whole of EPL will miss the cool, calculative and authoritative confident display of Song in the Arsenal's mildfield. Not sure chelsea will miss Mikel
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Phrankve1(m): 8:39am On Jan 05, 2010
Mikel is a player no one should compare to song.No be by strong face now. Mikel plays with so much pressure in chelsea unto say eey wan get shirt.

EEy dey play to please club managers and chelsea fans,eey no dey play eey game freely(dat na y eey go reach post ,to take shot go dey fear em).Make una no 4get say mikel no be defender before ooh,na José Mourinho convert mikel unto to much midfielders.

U guyz should watch them again and then do your comparism,
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by andyty(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2010
I give it to Song because his game is more mature when compared to Mikel. Mikel is playing alongside big and experienced players that he can look up to and learn from but Song has no one to look up to in Arsenal's midfield and he's still doing well, so song is a better player compared to Mikel.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by BabaIbada: 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2010
I am a chelsea fan but I give it all to Alex Song. Song improves so rapidly and he has got a premiership goal and several assists to his credit. As for Mikel, by the time Chelsea send him packing, only Kwara United can safe the dude!
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by 12large: 1:13am On Jan 09, 2010
well for me there are two obi mikel, th one that plays for chelsea and the one that play for nigeria.
the mikel of chelsea cannot be compared to song because he plays very poorly, anytime he gets the ball he pass it sideways, he is scared of going forward, only backpass and sidepass he does,no skill,shot,dribble just sidepass. so song is better than mikel of chelsea.

but for the real john obi mikel of nigeria i don't think song is half as good as him. i watched all nigeria games in qualifing for wc and mikel was brilliant just look at the game against south africa in abuja he was world class, very skillfull dribbling, good passes. against equtorial guinea and tunisia in abuja he was also good, did you see that pass to obinna world class.
against kenya he played again like the real mikel creating opportunities for forwards. so i think the real mikel is better than song just watch how mikel will take nigeria to anc finals

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronaldo Vs Messi.... / Afcon 2021: Caf Confirms VAR To Be Used In All 52 Matches In Cameroon / Gotv Has Added More Supersports Channels To Its Bouquets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.