Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song (8741 Views)

Alex Song And Cameroon Under Investigation For Match Fixing In Brazil / Mikel Obi Vs Yaya Toure / Mikel Obi Vs Petr Cech Cook Off.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Heymus(m): 1:49am On Jan 09, 2010
Dis is d topic dat always cal6 fight among d futbal lover.mikel was at his peak at d world cup 2005 in Holland n supose 2 av improve dan dis compare 2 messi.Song keeps improving day by day.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chyk91(m): 3:31am On Jan 09, 2010
i pick song cos he scores, moves to the opposing box, mikel hardly does that and nowadays he hardly knows what to do.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by kaytues(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2010
Alex Song is far better than Mikel because they both play the same role for there respective club, and Alex Song score goals while Mikel cannot. Alex Song drible while Mikel cannot. Alex Song control ball very well while that of Mikel is ribish, Song is better than Mikel, I rest my case
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2010
I am a chelsea fan but I give it all to Alex Song. Song improves so rapidly and he has got a premiership goal and several assists to his credit. As for Mikel, by the time Chelsea send him packing, only Kwara United can safe the dude!

@Baba Ibada,
if i say am surprised, i will be a stupid man.
in the first place, how much are both players earning? why are the better players not earning better salaries? mikel has finished his first contract with chelsea and is into his second and improved contract.
arsenal wenger is a quality coach but he is yet to win a champions league. mikel has played under two coaches who are champions league winners.
mikel is a fifa pickin because he won the second best player in holland tightly behind messi. an fa cup winner with chelsea and a runner up of champions league with chelsea. what are those profile that u will add to the name of ur alex song?
mind u, song may seem to be moving very fast but remember arsenal will not keep him for long as he will surely pass through the same doors as sol campbel and lauren who played in arsenal before him.
nigerians are very envious people and that accounts for why we do not make progress in our lives.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by 8words(m): 1:07am On Jan 11, 2010
chidichris:

@Baba Ibada,
if i say am surprised, i will be a silly man.
in the first place, how much are both players earning? why are the better players not earning better salaries? mikel has finished his first contract with chelsea and is into his second and improved contract.
arsenal wenger is a quality coach but he is yet to win a champions league. mikel has played under two coaches who are champions league winners.
mikel is a fifa pickin because he won the second best player in holland tightly behind messi. an fa cup winner with chelsea and a runner up of champions league with chelsea. what are those profile that u will add to the name of your alex song?
mind u, song may seem to be moving very fast but remember arsenal will not keep him for long as he will surely pass through the same doors as sol campbel and lauren who played in arsenal before him.
nigerians are very envious people and that accounts for why we do not make progress in our lives.
u make my day
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Analytical(m): 11:14am On Jan 22, 2010
Watching these two players play at the ongoing Nations Cup is enough to put this argument to rest finally. Song is way ahead of Mikel in all aspect of the game- ball control, distribution, linking with attack, positional play, ball shielding, breaking opposition attack, mobility etc. He is an asset to his team. I am not too sure we can all say that of Mikel.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by BrOwnSuga3: 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2010
I dont blame u guys, just bekos Mikel is a nigerian.

Who be Song for were Mikel dey?

even if una hate Mikel from now till forever e no go change anything, na una self una dey do, Mikel go go from glory to glory
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Igbanibo: 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2010
I dont even understand why we are having this conversation, Song is better by a mile!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by slap1(m): 6:07am On Apr 09, 2010
Some peepz nearly 'ate' me up yesterday because of this topic so I had to 'google out' this topic. Song is a progressive player, he is better than Mikel!
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2010
if mikel is playing in arsenal, he will be made the captain overnight.
he will choose his role. there is how a player will grow in a team and the coach will allow him free role and that is what anelka is enjoying in chelsea.
on the other hand, if song comes to chelsea, he will join his grades on the bench.
superstars in arsenal make the bench in someother big clubs and i will give u examples with the likes of Igwe arsenal-henry who was arsenal micheal jackson but a quality bench warmer in barca, mathew flamini who was doing the great works song in doing now but has enjoyed greater part of his stay in milan on the bench, we have hleb who was very skillful while in arsenal but high level competition made him a vegetable in barca. arsenal players who are doing well outside the club are the ones that rebeled against the stingy french man.
like i said, if mikel finds himself in arsenal today, he will have a choice in either being the goalkeeper or playing anywhere and anyhow on the pitch but who born cat for chelsea where men of class are playing.
if nigerians are not more of prophets of doom, we shld be celebrating a young man who is able to break into a star studded club like chelsea.
apart from mikel, how many nigerians have done well at junior cup levels and where are they today. mikel did not go to holland alone. mikel did not go with the yemi teller team that won the under 17 world cup, mikel did not go with the team that came second in olympic. mikel was not in the team that came second in abuja but where are all those players today and who among u here is talking about them.
this same mikel will kill all of u
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2010
chidichris:

if mikel is playing in arsenal, he will be made the captain overnight.
he will choose his role. there is how a player will grow in a team and the coach will allow him free role and that is what anelka is enjoying in chelsea.
on the other hand, if song comes to chelsea, he will join his grades on the bench.
superstars in arsenal make the bench in someother big clubs and i will give u examples with the likes of Igwe arsenal-henry who was arsenal micheal jackson but a quality bench warmer in barca, mathew flamini who was doing the great works song in doing now but has enjoyed greater part of his stay in milan on the bench, we have hleb who was very skillful while in arsenal but high level competition made him a vegetable in barca. arsenal players who are doing well outside the club are the ones that rebeled against the stingy french man.

like i said, if mikel finds himself in arsenal today, he will have a choice in either being the goalkeeper or playing anywhere and anyhow on the pitch but who born cat for chelsea where men of class are playing.
if nigerians are not more of prophets of doom, we shld be celebrating a young man who is able to break into a star studded club like chelsea.
apart from mikel, how many nigerians have done well at junior cup levels and where are they today. mikel did not go to holland alone. mikel did not go with the yemi teller team that won the under 17 world cup, mikel did not go with the team that came second in olympic. mikel was not in the team that came second in abuja but where are all those players today and who among u here is talking about them.
this same mikel will kill all of u

how do you know what would happen if either player moved to the other club? stop projecting your opinion as fact. henry was already in his decline at the time he left arsenal but he he was still a first teamer. im not sure what your point is though. you saying hleb was skilful in arsenal but not good enough for barca meaning that once a player leaves arsenal he is no longer good or what is your point? that automatically because hleb was on the bench at barca, song would be on the bench at chelsea? where is the correlation?. hleb was just unfortunate that he was a player barca did not need as they already had iniesta. he was bought by rijkaard who then got sacked and he found himsef with guardiola who did not want him, simple bad luck. flamini is a first team player at ac milan. stick to the facts
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
how do you know what would happen if either player moved to the other club? stop projecting your opinion as fact. henry was already in his decline at the time he left arsenal but he  he was still a first teamer. im not sure what your point is though. you saying hleb was skilful in arsenal but not good enough for barca meaning that once a player leaves arsenal he is no longer good or what is your point? that automatically because hleb was on the bench at barca, song would be on the bench at chelsea? where is the correlation?. hleb was just unfortunate that he was a player barca did not need as they already had iniesta. he was bought by rijkaard who then got sacked and he found himsef with guardiola who did not want him,  simple bad luck. flamini is a first team player at ac milan. stick to the facts

@kgdavid,
i like the way u move with me. do u know the players called sol campbell and sylvester? if yes, what were they is their former clubs and what are they now is arsenal? the quality a player meets in a team can determine what roles he will play in that team.
do u know the player called wright philip? if yes, i hope u know he came from man city to chelsea but because of lack of first team game, he was forced to go back.
do u know the player called wayne bridge? if yes, do u know he left chelsea for man city in search of first team games and if u are following the development there, u will know he is into the starting line ups.
do you know kalou of ivory coast? before he joined chelsea, he was the highest goal scorer in holland but do u go to america with shakara? drogba has blocked that role with anelka as the second man.
need i remind u of kezman who came hot and bleeding to chelsea only to be in the refridgrator for some good time before using the exit door.
u can be hot in a team depending on who and who that are playing with u but when u move to meet greater and established talents, we will find the game to be a different story.
was henry not the captain and the leading goalscorer in arsenal before he left? but how possible was it for a player then to take the place of etoo who was worshipped in nou camp then?
pls in your soccer knowledge, how do u compare the kinds of talents in chelsea with that of arsenal. fabregas once said it that if the club wants to win things, the need to buy experienced players and that a drogba is very important in the team.
were u surprised when evra said that man u - arsenal game that ended in a 4-1 victory to man u was a game between men and boys?
let me explain it to u this way, peter cech at the goal, bosingwa 2 cavalho 6 terry5 and ashley cole 3 will surely take over the arsenal back 5 unless it is under amodu shaibu do u agree with that?  the bench that has alex and ivanovic will act before anyone from arsenal.
if u say mathew flamini is a first team player, which position is he playing for milan? holding midfield? u are in ur day dream. that position has been bought and paid for by one of the most outstanding distrubutors in the whole football world today and he is called andrea pirlo.

the development of a player does not depend on the judgement of uninformed nigerians rather visit the club's website, find out how many games he played in his first, second and third seasons till date, how many yellow or red cards in each. these are unbiased facts that warrants clubs to keep or discharge players.
for mikel to have finished a contract and got another improved one means he is doing what is expected of him by the authorities who are paying his wages.
if it is all about scoring goals, why will chelsea allow wright philip to go?
is chelsea having problems of goals if they can score 14 and conceed only two in their last three outings?
my dear, God has placed mikel somewhere very high above ur greeds and envy hence ur comparing him with fowls and goats will never change a thing.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2010
not sure where to start to reply but yes flamini does play for ac milan and yes he plays holding midfield. you are probably not aware that there are two variants of the holding midfield position- defensive midfield and the deeplying play maker. flamini is a defensive midfielder and his job(like songs) is to break up play. pirlo is a deep lying play maker and his job(like mikels) is to control the game with passes. they both play at the same time. this is a fact you need to go and check by yourself. yes arsenals defense is not as good as chelseas defense but ur points about wright phillips and the others are off point wright phillipps was unlucky under mourinho in the sense that he did not fit mourinho's style and found himself redundant at chelsea. some say mourinho spoilt his career. joe cole went through the same. i dont see how any of what you have said proves that song would fail at chelsea. you have ommitted the likes of pires who went on to villareal and played/plays well there, edu, gilberto silva, adebayor all of whom are doing well after arsenal. and even viera who up until recently was having a great time in italy. or u have forgetten that ashley cole was an arsenal player? the point is no two players are the same. and there is no evidence that song would not do well at chelsea.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2010
not sure where to start to reply but yes flamini does play for ac milan and yes he plays holding midfield. you are probably not aware that there are two variants of the holding midfield position- defensive midfield and the deeplying play maker. flamini is a defensive midfielder and his job(like songs) is to break up play. pirlo is a deep lying play maker and his job(like mikels) is to control the game with passes. they both play at the same time. this is a fact you need to go and check by yourself. yes arsenals defense is not as good as chelseas defense but your points about wright phillips and the others are off point wright phillipps was unlucky under mourinho in the sense that he did not fit mourinho's style and found himself redundant at chelsea. some say mourinho spoilt his career. joe cole went through the same. i dont see how any of what you have said proves that song would fail at chelsea. you have ommitted the likes of pires who went on to villareal and played/plays well there, edu, gilberto silva, adebayor all of whom are doing well after arsenal. and even viera who up until recently was having a great time in italy. or u have forgetten that ashley cole was an arsenal player? the point is no two players are the same. and there is no evidence that song would not do well at chelsea.

@kgdavid,
i must confess here, i do not know abt any formation in football that hosts deeplying play maker and defensive midfield. be careful what u feed ppl with here.
well that is not the issue at hand. going by what u have just narrated here, song is a defensive midfielder while mikel is a deeplying play maker according to the highlghted line on quote? and if that is correct, they are not playing the same role and shld not be compared.
again, since song is a defensive midfielder in arsenal and mikel is a deeplying play maker, who is chelsea's defensive midfielder?
to help u the more brother, in chelsea, our play makers are joe cole and deco and malouda of late is making a claim so go and get real facts before u analyse.
i did mention it to u that arsenal players making waves outside are rebels. pires cld not get a two yrs contract from wenger who insisted on a yr deal. ashley cole cld not get a pay rise, adebayor cld not get a pay rise. remember the sale of all the above players cause problems in the club.
i was an arsenal fan until the sale of viera. wenger believed that veira having a yr runing on his contract will be a free agent the next and because of his age wenger was not going to give him any contract that exceeds one yr hence the idea to sale making mega bucks of which worthy replacement was expected rather the era of school boys.
not to waste ur time, mikel is a defensive midfielder but if there is anyother name for his position it is holding midfielder and not deeplying play maker. this role makes mikel the relationship between the defence and the attack.
he drops the preasure of the attack on the defence and he initiates attacks. in times of danger, he takes the ball to comfort zones hence the backward and sideways passes.
in his position, cards are inevitable but what every football analysts is surprised at today is how mikel has succeeded in reducing to the barest minimum the number of cards he get to the extent that he has not gotten red since last season.
pls check ur sources very well and tell me that mikel and song are not playing the same role so that i will call off this unnecessary and uneducative arguement.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 1:37am On Apr 10, 2010
as usual u distort the issue.mikelis playing as a defensive midfielder for now but when essien is back who gets that spot? this is the formation liverpool were using
mascherano alonso
gerrard

ac milan pirlo gattuso
seedorf/kaka

real madrid diarra alonso
kaka

at times chelsea essien mikel
lampard.

google it my friend. just type in the word deep lying play maker or click on this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder

rebel or no rebel,arsenal are a good team. mikel may play as a defensive midfielder but it is evident thaat his primary skill is not that of winning the ball. he does his fair share of marking but he is no where near as aggressive as he should be for a DM. i have all along said that song and mikel possess a different skill set. the comparison is borne of the fact that these are two young african players playing what generally is termed defensive midfield at two of englands biggest teams and who also play for their national teams.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 11:43am On Apr 10, 2010
kgdavid,
look at the ac milan line up u posted above, there is no flamini and the same flamini u said is a first team player.
ur new found formation of chelsea team now accomondate essien and mikel the same essien u predicted ealier on that will send mikel to the bench as soon as he comes back.
it is very very important we let these players be. song is doing his things and the coach and the team are happy with him. mikel is doing his thing with chelsea and everyone there is in love of which what nigerians are saying has little or no impact in the guy's life.
it is only nigerians that call mikel names.
if u hear over-rated, it is u and ur group but what aspect of ur lives have donated to this country?
if we go by ur analyses, mikel and song are different players at different team playing different football parterns so the worste among them is better than the best among u critics.
finally, mikel is not a play maker at chelsea rather he is a holding or defensive midfielder and as long as the present chelsea team is concerned, he is the best for the role as his only competition(essien) is more attack minded hence he leaves rooms for the opposing teams to expose the chelsea defence line.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2010
the ac milan lineup there is an old one which i posted only to illustrate my point. as of now that spot that used to be occupied by gattuso is occupied by flamini. i never said essiens return means mikel will be condemned to the bench. what i said was that essien is the only other player at chelsea who plays mikels position meaning that he is the only one who could be in competition with mikel. i then stated the fact that when essien is fit he starts for chelsea so mikel is not and would not keep him out. you drew what you wanted to draw from my statement and frankly thats your business. were you not the one who said that mikel and essien do play together? you are intent on distorting the facts so as to give you a platform to perpetuate your unceasing nauseating tirade. essien does not leave any defense exposed that is a lie. lastly song being greater than or equal to mikel does not necessarily mean that song is a superstar or mikel is poor. try and develop some cognitive ability.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2010
good players take their clubs to glories and today, mikel has taken chelsea to fa cup finals and are league leaders at the moment.
he has won three bronze medals at nations cup. he won bronze medal in holland 2005 and went ahead to win second best player in that tourne. maybe two fa cups with chelsea.
pls in a brief statement, lecture us on the achievements of song that put him on the same platform for this comparism.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by MeGaStReEt: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2010
@chidichris

you are a darlin
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 7:39am On Apr 11, 2010
@chidichris

you are a darlin

@MeGaStReEt,
too sweet of u.
u v just made my day and i dey feel like dangote now.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by slimghost(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2010
Only a rookie analyst would rate Mikel above Song. i rest my case.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2010
chidichris:

good players take their clubs to glories and today, mikel has taken chelsea to fa cup finals and are league leaders at the moment.
he has won three bronze medals at nations cup. he won bronze medal in holland 2005 and went ahead to win second best player in that tourne. maybe two fa cups with chelsea.
pls in a brief statement, lecture us on the achievements of song that put him on the same platform for this comparism.

are you trying to tell me that mikel carried chelsea to those two FA cups and whatever else? you must be a buffoon. do you know what it means to carry your side to a trophy? how many goals did he sore?how many assists? by your foolish primary school argument, every player in a winning team is great player and therefore js park is a better player than gerrard. no? mikel played in the nigerian team that made bronze but has he ever played a nations cup final? song has played in one and won a silver medal. however this is not what proves the quality of song as football does not work like that. again by your argument jj okocha was not as good as mikel?? right? after all jay jay only played in bolton and never won anything for them. true or false?
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 7:39pm On Apr 11, 2010
are you trying to tell me that mikel carried chelsea to those two FA cups and whatever else? you must be a buffoon. do you know what it means to carry your side to a trophy? how many goals did he sore?how many assists? by your foolish primary school argument, every player in a winning team is great player and therefore js park is a better player than gerrard. no? mikel played in the nigerian team that made bronze but has he ever played a nations cup final? song has played in one and won a silver medal. however this is not what proves the quality of song as football does not work like that. again by your argument jj okocha was not as good as mikel?? right? after all jay jay only played in bolton and never won anything for them. true or false?

@kgdavid,
if u have finally resorted to insults, then i know u have finally run lack of points.
i mentioned the achievements of mikel as a player and u mentioned insults.
well, song anchored the arsenal team that met chelsea two times this season home and away. mikel and song were there to make sure the oposition teams did not mess up their defence lines and get a go and their net but what happened? song was reduced to nothing on several occassions and arsenal were demolished mikel led chelsea side on a 5 - o agreegate.
pls if all these are not the bases for judging good and quality players, tell me the best way to judge.
do you know a player called micheal mancienne? he is currently on loan to wolves. he is everything a player shld be and he is carrying the club very high. if chelsea is ready to let go, i know wolves will try to make his stay there a permanent one but back in chelsea, he is not a first team player and the reason is not far fetched - quality.
whenever u hear commentators talk about a player as the most decorated, it is not about how many times he can run arround the pitch rather it is about what u have been able to win during ur playing yrs.
a team like arsenal is a very good side with a very big BUT in the last five seasons.
the goodness of a team or a player depends on what he has been able to win.
can u name any world footballer of the yr whose side did not win anything.
u made me laugh when u said mikel and song are not playing the position in ntheir various clubs. and u went ahead to say mikel and essien play together which makes it possible that song and essien play in the same position and if it like that, will song bench essien to play in a chelsea team?
remember, okocha is a very good player with a very big BUT in his carrier especially at club side.
henry knew he will not be a complete footballer without the champions league trophy that was lacking in his soccer carrier hence he left for barca and no cv of henry in soccer will be complete without addressing him as a champions league winner, a world cup winner etc.
on the other trade, u joined the train in saying that mikel is over rated but as the day goes by, mikel gets involved in many games and has continued to grow from strangth to stranght.
that embecile that started this topic has nothing to offer while as a co saddist, u have presented urself as a god good enough to decide someone else's future.
by the way, if mikel and song are not in the same team and the y not from the same country, not even playing in the same position as u said, WHAT ON EARTH DO U THINK IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS COMPARISM OUTSIDE ENVY AND JEALOUS?
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by MeGaStReEt: 10:58pm On Apr 11, 2010
chidichris:

@kgdavid,
if u have finally resorted to insults, then i know u have finally run lack of points.
i mentioned the achievements of mikel as a player and u mentioned insults.
well, song anchored the arsenal team that met chelsea two times this season home and away. mikel and song were there to make sure the oposition teams did not mess up their defence lines and get a go and their net but what happened? song was reduced to nothing on several occassions and arsenal were demolished mikel led chelsea side on a 5 - o agreegate.
pls if all these are not the bases for judging good and quality players, tell me the best way to judge.
do you know a player called micheal mancienne? he is currently on loan to wolves. he is everything a player shld be and he is carrying the club very high. if chelsea is ready to let go, i know wolves will try to make his stay there a permanent one but back in chelsea, he is not a first team player and the reason is not far fetched - quality.
whenever u hear commentators talk about a player as the most decorated, it is not about how many times he can run arround the pitch rather it is about what u have been able to win during your playing yrs.
a team like arsenal is a very good side with a very big BUT in the last five seasons.
the goodness of a team or a player depends on what he has been able to win.
can u name any world footballer of the yr whose side did not win anything.
u made me laugh when u said mikel and song are not playing the position in ntheir various clubs. and u went ahead to say mikel and essien play together which makes it possible that song and essien play in the same position and if it like that, will song bench essien to play in a chelsea team?
remember, okocha is a very good player with a very big BUT in his carrier especially at club side.
henry knew he will not be a complete footballer without the champions league trophy that was lacking in his soccer carrier hence he left for barca and no cv of henry in soccer will be complete without addressing him as a champions league winner, a world cup winner etc.
on the other trade, u joined the train in saying that mikel is over rated but as the day goes by, mikel gets involved in many games and has continued to grow from strangth to stranght.
that embecile that started this topic has nothing to offer while as a co saddist, u have presented urself as a god good enough to decide someone else's future.
by the way, if mikel and song are not in the same team and the y not from the same country, not even playing in the same position as u said, WHAT ON EARTH DO U THINK IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS COMPARISM OUTSIDE ENVY AND JEALOUS?

bros tell am as e dey go
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by MeGaStReEt: 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2010
Jealousy don blind them, block their brain them kno fit seee or think again
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 12:40am On Apr 12, 2010
^ what a sycophant
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 1:10am On Apr 12, 2010
this thread is no longer relevant to me. essien is undoubtedly superior to song in every way right now. this does not mean song is poor.
playing in a poorer club does not make one a poorer player. is park better than gerrard? is eagles better than lennon? is macheda better than torres? park, eagles and macheda all have premier league medals while lennon, gerrard and torres have never smelt them. dos this mean they are less talented? but it does not matter. to me song is better and to you mikel is better. who cares?
im sure you do not watch manciennes matches regularly if at all. u exaggerate wildy because you think i dont know this player. a complete footballer already? lol april 1st passed ten days ago. every top club sends out players on loan to gain experience. surely you dont think this practiceis limited to chelsea do you?? check out arsenal's wilshere at bolton if you need one example. goodbye to this thread from me.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 8:19am On Apr 12, 2010
this thread is no longer relevant to me. essien is undoubtedly superior to song in every way right now. this does not mean song is poor.
playing in a poorer club does not make one a poorer player. is park better than gerrard? is eagles better than lennon? is macheda better than torres? park, eagles and macheda all have premier league medals while lennon, gerrard and torres have never smelt them. dos this mean they are less talented? but it does not matter. to me song is better and to you mikel is better. who cares?
im sure you do not watch manciennes matches regularly if at all. u exaggerate wildy because you think i dont know this player. a complete footballer already? lol april 1st passed ten days ago. every top club sends out players on loan to gain experience. surely you dont think this practiceis limited to chelsea do you?? check out arsenal's wilshere at bolton if you need one example. goodbye to this thread from me.

@kgdavid,
i have been waiting for this goodbye of urs. u are a PHD holder on progressives. do u know the full meaning of PHD? PULL HIM DOWN. u are out to redicle mikel because he dumped man u or whatever envious reasons u have but God has made him supperior to u and whatever is behind u.
if ur gerald and torres are not ambitious, they all will end up behind js park in the history of soccer. this is not going to be based on sentiments.
soccer is about winning games and winning games is a pre-requisite to winning trophies.
at the end of their carriers, an autobiography will always say, he won this and he won that, he participated in this tourne and that tourne.
the only story okocha is living on today is that he made enough money for the games he played while players like kanu will be pointing to trophies and funds, etoo will always be addressed as a 50 times winner of this and that. even among the coaches, they are addressed as world cup winning coach or a champions league winning coach.
look at wenger, he is a great coach but something is still lacking and that is champions league. do u think that is not bothering him?
next season, if nothing happens in arsenal, ambitious players will leave the club to clubs with trophy ambitions to avoid playing and quiting soccer as trophiless players.
there is this joke about a yoruba man explaining a football match to someone else. he is will tell u; arsenal o play gooo but chelsea o win. ball posssessions are not part of history.
if song will do better than mikel, it is a future thing but with what we have in hand at the moment, song is still in the school of learning of which when he grows, he will move to ambitious clubs like chelsea, man u, man city, liverpool, barca, madrid, inter, milan, buyern just to mention but a few.
do u think if the long awaited sale of arsenal comes out real tomorrow, most of these children in the team will remain there.
like i said earlier, song in a chelsea team can only from time to time get 5 or 10 mins playing times while a mikel in arsenal will play till and after the end of a match.
as stupid as u are, i know u wull wait for another fool to start another negative discussion about mikel for u to come out and back him up.
u are less informed about soccer. hard players go for greater competitions and that is what mikel went in for in a star studded chelsea.
be a patrotic citizen of nigeria and that u can only do by giving support to our heros and mikel is one. pray for them as they are bringing good name to this god forsaken country.
when next u talk about ppl well placed above u, do that with respect especially ppl who never seeked ur vote in becoming what they are rather they achieved their greatness through personal efforts.
if u do not have any reason to respect these guys, do same for the single purpose of having the same two legs that these guys have.
am sure this ur goodbye will mean bye to envy and jealous, greed which has overtaken ur sense of reasoning.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 7:16am On May 16, 2010
wow, gentlemen and ladies,
the season is over and we are about taking stock.
the so-called alexender song and mikel obi have been in a busy long season with the duo also in the african cup of nations.
in his words, our reporter who spoke to both players has this to say.
mikel so far won the community shield, the african cup of nations bronze, the epl as well as the fa cup while when we contacted song, he told us he was able to win the emirates cup.
both of them are in the world cup and we don't know who will carry the day. so far so good, mikel is on top while we wait on sa 2010 results.
with the results so far, it has been agreed that mikel is a better player compare to song and this is chidichris reporting from fifa headquaters.

Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 5:29pm On May 16, 2010
mikel did the double

Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Iyineda(m): 6:07pm On May 16, 2010
It's all about math, people. All about math.

Simple equation:
Chelsea > Arsenal thus Mikel > A. Song

Haha, well that was for laughs. But in all honesty I have watched both play in several matches this season and all I can say is that their roles are quite different, even if they play in the same DM position.
Arsenal's tactics on field aren't the same as Chelsea's. Song has more pace that's for sure. Mikel is more powerful and has better passing qualities (no, not just side/back passing, he's better than that and YOU know it ¬¬).

Anywhoo, I'd pick Mikel in my team over Song.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 11:12pm On May 16, 2010
It's all about math, people. All about math.

Simple equation:
Chelsea > Arsenal thus Mikel > A. Song

Haha, well that was for laughs. But in all honesty I have watched both play in several matches this season and all I can say is that their roles are quite different, even if they play in the same DM position.
Arsenal's tactics on field aren't the same as Chelsea's. Song has more pace that's for sure. Mikel is more powerful and has better passing qualities (no, not just side/back passing, he's better than that and YOU know it ¬¬).

Anywhoo, I'd pick Mikel in my team over Song.

@Iyineda,
u are right. if anyone picks a looser over a winner, that one needs to visit yaba mental rehab.
mikel has done double this season and song did only running. with his pace, he could not help cameroun in african cup of nationas and arsenal cld not get anything so what is the need for pace if the needed results refused to come,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Funny Football jokes_ kinda One Minute Of Pictures Or vids / Gotv Has Added More Supersports Channels To Its Bouquets / Ronaldo Vs Messi....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.