Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song (8737 Views)

Alex Song And Cameroon Under Investigation For Match Fixing In Brazil / Mikel Obi Vs Yaya Toure / Mikel Obi Vs Petr Cech Cook Off.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Osama10(m): 11:22pm On May 16, 2010
Alex song.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 17, 2010
@chidicris

i wish u are a girl i would have giving u a very good kiss with my eyes closed, infact i luv u for your analysis

what i have noticed i have seen folks that are not chelsea fan try to rubbish mikel becos he does not play for them in their own club of choice. mind u mikel is first a nigerian b4 he became a chelsea player, of all the nigerians in the premiership how many of them are playing at that high level?

mikel plays as a defensive mildfielder in chelsea, amodu tries to convert him toplay attacking football for super eagles, becos he has defensive oreintation he is always looking backwards which makes it look like the super eagles are slow, anyhow he did the job and we managed to qualify for the worldcup, we all know song cannot play that role

for those claiming he does not score goals, scoring goals for mikel is an addition his first pay check is protect the defense and he does that, which encourages terry to go forward at times, infact i saw an analysis of mikel on bbc site claiming that ballack slowes down the game while mikel takes the game to higher level. if he was not injured ballack wont play nothing.

when essien returns i see him playing joe cole's role maybe thats why chelsea does not want to renew joe coles contract cos essien is better than him but mikel would always be there. period
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Iyineda(m): 3:12pm On May 17, 2010
For me it is clear; there are 3 indispensable players in the SE squad:
Enyeama (GK), Odemwingie (FW) and Mikel (MF).

Say what you want, Mikel is one of our major drive-forces for the upcomimg tournament. Yeah, you just watch. wink
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 5:22pm On May 17, 2010
kaecy5:

@chidicris

i wish u are a girl i would have giving u a very good kiss with my eyes closed, infact i luv u for your analysis

what i have noticed i have seen folks that are not chelsea fan try to rubbish mikel becos he does not play for them in their own club of choice. mind u mikel is first a nigerian b4 he became a chelsea player, of all the nigerians in the premiership how many of them are playing at that high level?

mikel plays as a defensive mildfielder in chelsea, amodu tries to convert him toplay attacking football for super eagles, becos he has defensive oreintation he is always looking backwards which makes it look like the super eagles are slow, anyhow he did the job and we managed to qualify for the worldcup, we all know song cannot play that role

for those claiming he does not score goals, scoring goals for mikel is an addition his first pay check is protect the defense and he does that, which encourages terry to go forward at times, infact i saw an analysis of mikel on bbc site claiming that ballack slowes down the game while mikel takes the game to higher level. if he was not injured ballack wont play nothing.

when essien returns i see him playing joe cole's role maybe thats why chelsea does not want to renew joe coles contract cos essien is better than him but mikel would always be there. period

this is pure rubbish. shows that you probably follow the premiership on your radio without watching any games. essien is the direct opposite of joe cole
and they have never ever played the same role. if joe cole leaves now he wouldnt even need a replacement as he hardly ever starts in the first place! the players at chelsea comparable to cole are kalou and malouda and to some extent, Anelka.

Iyineda:

For me it is clear; there are 3 indispensable players in the SE squad:
Enyeama (GK), Odemwingie (FW) and Mikel (MF).

Say what you want, Mikel is one of our major drive-forces for the upcomimg tournament. Yeah, you just watch. wink

true true but does this mean that enyeama is a better keeper than say essam el hadary(egyptian goalie) or carlos idris kameni? does this mean odemwingie is better than drogba? it certainly does not make mikel better than song. lets keep things in context
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 17, 2010
Kgdavid:

it certainly does not make mikel better than song

and also it does not make Song better than mikel either.

r u going to tell us also that cech is better than james, van der saar, gomez ? premiership has its fair share of very good keepers, at times i prefer bolton's keeper forgotten his name over liverpool keeper, that is personal statistics.

mikel is a good player song is a good player, mikel is a nigerian playing at high level all he needs is support and encouragement. if u cannot encourage him dont bring him down
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 7:26pm On May 17, 2010
dont be ridiculous. nobody is bringing anyone down here. we are simply talkin football not politics. if by stating a preference for song i am bringing mikel down then by default you are bringing song down by stating a preference for mikel.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2010
dont be ridiculous. nobody is bringing anyone down here. we are simply talkin football not politics. if by stating a preference for song i am bringing mikel down then by default you are bringing song down by stating a preference for mikel.

true true but does this mean that enyeama is a better keeper than say essam el hadary(egyptian goalie) or carlos idris kameni? does this mean odemwingie is better than drogba? it certainly does not make mikel better than song. lets keep things in context

@kgdavid,
it is very very fortunate that both playesr are from africa and they participated in the same tournament - african cup of nations.
again both players are playing in english league and participated in the same competitions - carling cup, fa cup, epl and champions league.
what are their achievements at the end of the football season?

it simply means our best players are not good enough. they came third in african cup of nations but the other good players came out empty handed.
players are judged on their achievements.
don't be arsenal that are good but have nothing to show for their goodness.
the problem here is envy. u have two legs that are not useful to u, ur family, ur community and nigeria as a whole yet u are this shameless as to run-down guys with useful legs.
have u ever stop and think about it for once, mikel just with the same two legs u have is always a subject of discussion earning good living via legitimate means. google his name and his personality will show.
mention him to 100 reasonable soccer analysts and they will discuss him with different adjective. say his name to quality coaches and they will tell u how they will use him to achieve great things.
bbc, cnn and other world class media houses will be greatful to have him in their studios.
of what use are u to urself, ur immediate family, community and nigeria as a whole.
change ur behaviour as u may not know it, envy and jealous is written all over u and that is the begining of failure for every youngman.
learn to appreciate what u have. bring drogba and the best players in the world to nigeria today and u will say the same.
u told me on this forum that u wanted to be a footballer but ur father said no. that simply means u are not old enough to take ur decissions what more someone else's decission.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 11:53pm On May 17, 2010
right on time! i was waiting to see how long it would take you to return with ur usual song. by your reasoning, based on the african cup, yakubu aiyegbeni is a better player than didier drogba. nuff said. i dint tell you that i wanted to be a footballer and my dad said no. a scout spoke to me about going for trials in the states and my dad advised me to finish school first. no regrets there for me and i dont see why you keep bringing it up, i even regret sharing such intimate details of my life on an internet forum but whatever. could you stick to the topic??
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 1:19pm On May 19, 2010
right on time! i was waiting to see how long it would take you to return with your usual song. by your reasoning, based on the african cup, yakubu aiyegbeni is a better player than didier drogba. nuff said. i dint tell you that i wanted to be a footballer and my dad said no. a scout spoke to me about going for trials in the states and my dad advised me to finish school first. no regrets there for me and i dont see why you keep bringing it up, i even regret sharing such intimate details of my life on an internet forum but whatever. could you stick to the topic??

@kgdavid,
tell me any good player and i will outline his achievements for u.
henry was enjoying his days in arsenal until dry season of trophies came around and he had no other choice than to leave for barca. fabregas believes he is a good player and he knows that the taste of the pudding is in the cooking hence he wants out.
the last time i checked, good players prove that by what they achieve and this achievements are mostly based on trophies and medals.
don't regret sharing an intimate details as u claim but begin to regret this great lies of all time.
did u hear mikel was taken to usa by a scout for him to become a super star? why did u choose the wrong step for ur journey? if u had any scout wanting to take u to the usa, it means u are tall and can suit in for a basketball player.how many useful players went on trail in the usa? no wonder ur father never believed in ur abilities and sense of judgements. how old are u and how old will u be at the end of ur education for u to start ur football carrier? do u want to join football when quality coaches like ferguson, hiddink, mourinho, ancelloti etc must have ended their coaching carriers?
with mikel's dirty role at chelsea, he did not get even a red card throughout the season coupled with his achievements trophy wise in the season, u don't consider him great, could u pls name those things a player will do for u to recognise him as a soccer super star.
when u start ur intended soccer carrier, do u wish to be like song who is trophiless or mikel whose second name is trophy? pls make a wish and that will be ur portion.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 4:02pm On May 19, 2010
your stupidity is too much. you think everybody is a poor street cleaner hustling in dubai like you? my interest in football is purely for the love of the game. money is no object for me you digg? after i finish school in a year i will decide on what step to take next, the blessings of God upon my life are such that if i want to fly out for trials at my own expense i can and will do it and it will not be a big deal. dont get it twisted. there are more important things in life than football try and get that point. y am i even talkin to u? goodbye chidichris and be sure to never ever reply any post of mine.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by banjoolu: 4:03am On May 21, 2010
abeg,fashy dat side jo, hw u go dey compare mikel to song, igi imu ji naa si ori , I HAIL SONG
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2010
your stupidity is too much. you think everybody is a poor street cleaner hustling in dubai like you? my interest in football is purely for the love of the game. money is no object for me you digg? after i finish school in a year i will decide on what step to take next, the blessings of God upon my life are such that if i want to fly out for trials at my own expense i can and will do it and it will not be a big deal. dont get it twisted. there are more important things in life than football try and get that point. y am i even talkin to u? goodbye chidichris and be sure to never ever reply any post of mine.

@dangote(sorry kgdavid),
you are the funniest antelope i have seen in my life. u love football and not money? wonders shall never end.
u can have money but u don't have brains of ur own. ur father thinks for u which means u are in the same class as other domestic animals like dog, goat, sheep, okuko etc that their owners think and decide for them.
my candid advise to u is that u go die and come back via incarnation so that u will start deciding for urself what u want for urself.
in fact, u are the millenium slowpoke.
if i have access to mikel, i will plead with him to open a home for things like you so that a kind of brain rehablitation will begin to take place.
ur song is a good representative of arsenal - good football no trophy. mikel is a good representative of chelsea - bad football, too much trophies.
what shall it profit a player or a club, after playing free flow football and wonderful soccer, u end up trophiless?
the last time i checked, trophy was the mark of greatness in football. in discussing any great footballer, u address him with his decorations(medals).
i have not seen any great football without history of achievements.
in future, u must point to trophies to prove to the new generations that mikel was a great player and how many passes u made at the end of ur carrier will not be used to judge how great u were.
mumu, when u join football as u dream, play with teams that have winning ambitions. inter and buyern today are not among the free flow football teams of the world and they are in the finals. tomorrow, one of them will go home with the trophy and that will mark a great history in the players'carriers.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 10:46pm On May 22, 2010
have u seen this?

Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by inme: 4:39am On May 25, 2010
I am very happy for Mikel, i am happy for what he has acheived with Chelsea FC. I am a fan, but i dont know why most nigerians should have any problem with him or the way he plays,. i have NEVER read or heard were a Chelsea FC fan from another country [apart from Ghana, thats understandable] talk or write trash about Mikel.

Mikel is a great player, and he plays for one of the best clubs in the world, yet nigerians do not see anytin good in him, na wa for una ooooo, if he doesnt know how to play football, does it mean Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti, Scolari and Guus Hiddink etc, does it mean these great managers does not know quality players?
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by Kgdavid(m): 4:07pm On May 25, 2010
dude mikel can play but is he better than song?
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by inme: 6:08pm On May 25, 2010
Yes! He is better than Song, if you watch the big matches he's played against the big 4, and the impact he made in those matches, you have to give him some credit, but Song dissapeared in all the matches Arsenal played against the big four
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by dipo2much(m): 11:24pm On May 25, 2010
in me:

Yes! He is better than Song, if you watch the big matches he's played against the big 4, and the impact he made in those matches, you have to give him some credit, but Song dissapeared in all the matches Arsenal played against the big four

pls, Can mikel score a goal?
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by OlanrewajuKabir: 11:31pm On May 25, 2010
No, he cant.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 8:00am On May 26, 2010
pls, Can mikel score a goal?

@dipo2much,
mikel has scored 2 goals since he joined chelsea. how many did makalele score while in chelsea or has that made song better than makalele too?
the problem with most nigerians is that hardship and darkness has overtaken their senses of judgements.
u are low in life and no one is expect sound reasoning from u so go ahead and think like an ape that u are.
what are u doing for ur life to change? how many goals have u scored in whatever u are doing? how many legs do u have and how many does mikel have or are u a disable person?
do u know how many world class coaches not amodu that mikel has had the opportunity to work with? how many nigerian players have had such opportunity to work with super coaches like mikel?
wickedness and jealous has overtaken u as an individual and u cannot appreciate the goodness of our God in mikel, then tell me how u want to progress.
song is better than mikel and he has nothing to show for it is a whole year or are u expecting song to win the world cup? anyways till then.
mikel is been talked about on bbc, cnn, and any world media u can think of. but u, only on nairaland that u appear with unknown id and under the rock is ur location. do u know that there is power in our words. if u choose to be under the rock, tell me how u can be useful to anyone. come out from the rock first and u will begin to exist and ur sense of judgement can begin to improve otherwise, i will suggest u visit yaba mental rehablitation home.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 8:03am On May 26, 2010
@dipo2much,
if he can't score goal, tell me what he is celebrating on this picture below

Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by muggle(m): 10:33am On May 26, 2010
How do you rate a player as being better than the other?

The answer to this, as most things are, is relative. It is relative to a series of relevant criteria.
Determining a better player between the 2 will have to take into consideration of how effective
they were able to carry out their coaches instructions, measuring their impact on the play of the
team and how well you like the player (and this plays a major role when you are about to decide)

For instance, who is better between Carlos Tevez and Dimitar Berbatov? Now, who is still at Man U?
In my opinion, Tevez plays better than Berbatov in making sure that goals are scored, Tevez has a
major impact on the team's play and I like him becos of his neva-say-die attitude on the pitch
whenever he plays. With Tevez on the pitch, it is not over until the ref blows the whistle. But, the
coach prefers Berbatov to him!

If you ask the 2 coaches, each will tell u why his player is preferable to the other.

For me, Mikel of 2005 is much preferable and I would rate him better than the current Mikel + Song.
However, my preference between the 2 players is relative to my criteria and I would say I prefer Song
to Mikel now.

You may agree and you may not, it doesn't make anybody wiser! undecided
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by chidichris(m): 5:16am On May 27, 2010
How do you rate a player as being better than the other?

The answer to this, as most things are, is relative. It is relative to a series of relevant criteria.
Determining a better player between the 2 will have to take into consideration of how effective
they were able to carry out their coaches instructions, measuring their impact on the play of the
team and how well you like the player (and this plays a major role when you are about to decide)

For instance, who is better between Carlos Tevez and Dimitar Berbatov? Now, who is still at Man U?
In my opinion, Tevez plays better than Berbatov in making sure that goals are scored, Tevez has a
major impact on the team's play and I like him becos of his neva-say-die attitude on the pitch
whenever he plays. With Tevez on the pitch, it is not over until the ref blows the whistle. But, the
coach prefers Berbatov to him!

If you ask the 2 coaches, each will tell u why his player is preferable to the other.

For me, Mikel of 2005 is much preferable and I would rate him better than the current Mikel + Song.
However, my preference between the 2 players is relative to my criteria and I would say I prefer Song
to Mikel now.

You may agree and you may not, it doesn't make anybody wiser!

@muggle,
i cld see where u are coming from and i expected u to land on time instead of turning like a trailer driver reversing his truck.
the last time i checked, good players are judged by their achievements.
tell me any good player that has nothing to show for it.
song according to nigerians is a great player but he is not been wanted by the big teams of europe, he is not winning trophies, he is not on big salary. pls nigerians, how do u rate ur players.
we all see how fabregas is been wanted by all clubs and because he is not winning things in arsenal, he wants to leave despite big salary.
where is the goodness of song if he is that good?
song is a good player no doubt but it is at the level of youth football which arsenal is known for.
do u see song breaking into a chelsea star studded midfield?
how many big coaches of this world will play song in their team apart from arsenal.
if u tell me that song will be a great player the way he is going about it, i will not argue that but if u tell me he has landed, i will recomend u to any mental rehab.
mikel as we speak is a great player talked about by great ppl not dark minded nigerians.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by sportman: 10:04pm On May 31, 2010
people can say wat dey want to say! all i no is that mikel is better than song, skillfull wise, experience wise, he is better than song. take note asenal is not chealsea.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by jcccccc: 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
You people are making a lot of mistakes about this Mikel topic.

This is not Mikel's battle but Anambra Battle.
One otokoto state in the east called imo state go about the internet and newspapers running Anambra people down.

Check out topics about Soludo, Ojukwu, Ekwueme, Emeagwali Chimamanda Adichie, Jim Iyke, Mikel Nsofor Victor anichebe and others and you understand it all the same uncivilized people trying to run Anambra superstars down but God will not allow them.

I have said that Anambra people must get together and work out a solution about this because this is not a small matter. Check out the money that Mikel has lost in endorsements because of this and it could be you tomorrow if you are from Anambra.

The otokoto people try to woo other people to join them crucify usĀ  so that they could hind behind the people but we must be intelligent enough to unmask them if we are serious and to fight this battle like men.

The envy in the south east against Anambra because of God's love on them knows no bound and someone must awaken to this.
Re: Mikel Obi Vs Alex Song by 1025: 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
Kgdavid: right on time! i was waiting to see how long it would take you to return with ur usual song. by your reasoning, based on the african cup, yakubu aiyegbeni is a better player than didier drogba. nuff said. i dint tell you that i wanted to be a footballer and my dad said no. a scout spoke to me about going for trials in the states and my dad advised me to finish school first. no regrets there for me and i dont see why you keep bringing it up, i even regret sharing such intimate details of my life on an internet forum but whatever. could you stick to the topic??

uncle, is song still better than mikel now or...? abi u don enter silent mode?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gotv Has Added More Supersports Channels To Its Bouquets / Ronaldo Vs Messi.... / Davido Reveals How Much FIFA Paid Him For The World Cup Draw Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.