Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. (1248 Views)

Resignation: Buhari Told Kemi Adeosun To Go ‘Few Weeks Ago’ - Sahara Reporters / Reno Omokri Reacts To Kemi Adeosun Resignation / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Bullet01(f): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
Join Honorable Minister of Finance on facebook. Live!!!

Ask questions and have feedback

Follow this link.....................

https://www.facebook.com/HMKemiAdeosun/

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by stephleena(f): 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
lol..if I call her polytechnic graduate, dem go call for my head pass reno omokri,wey first talk am...make I swerve oo.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Jaideyone(m): 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
stephleena:
lol..if I call her polytechnic graduate, dem go call for my head pass reno omokri,wey first talk am...make I swerve oo.
under the Harvard woman oil sold for over $70 per barrel and our foreign reserve was on a free fall. even the Harvard graduate admitted there was wastage between 2011 and 2015.

under the polythenic graduate oil is $50-$53 per barrel and our foreign reserve is going up.

#i stand with the polytechnic graduate

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by ManMountain(m): 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jaideyone:
under the Harvard woman oil sold for over $70 per barrel and our foreign reserve was on a free fall. even the Harvard graduate admitted there was wastage between 2011 and 2015.

under the polythenic graduate oil is $50-$53 per barrel and our foreign reserve is going up.

Don't mind those silly idiots.
They don't place Nigeria foreign exchange earnings side by side during the two periods to make comparisons before coming up with their asinine comments

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Ofodirinwa: 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
so in your mind the economy is being handled better under this accountant? lol
have fun with the FB chat
Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Jaideyone(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
ManMountain:

Don't mind those silly idiots.
They don't place Nigeria foreign exchange earnings side by side during the two periods to make comparisons before coming up with their asinine comments
thank you very much. oil out put was at peak when GEJ was in charge while militants reduced our production to less than 60% when the recession started. in fact things would have been worse if the the same economic conditions were experienced during Jonathan's years of wastage. I'm not an economic guru but this is just common sense. Kemi is ahead of iweala

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Ofodirinwa: 4:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jaideyone:
thank you very much. oil out put was at peak when GEJ was in charge while militants reduced our production to less than 60% when the recession started. in fact things would have been worse if the the same economic conditions were experienced during Jonathan's years of wastage. I'm not an economic guru but this is just common sense. Kemi is ahead of iweala

Naira falls as foreign reserves fall
http://www.informationng.com/2017/04/naira-falls-foreign-reserves-fall.html

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Ofodirinwa: 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
Naira falls further to N395 to 1 dollar By Daily Post Staff on April 3, 2017

The naira on Monday depreciated further at the black market in spite of the commitment of the CBN to boost liquidity in the market, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

The naira lost two points to exchange at N395 to the dollar from N393 recorded on Friday, while the pound sterling and the Euro closed at N480 and N415, respectively

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/03/naira-falls-n395-1-dollar/

[img]https://lornasvoice.files./2012/11/baby-laughing.gif[/img]
Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Ofodirinwa: 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
House of Reps drop Adeosun as chairman of the national council on public procurement

- House of Representatives remove Kemi Adeosun as chairman of the national council on public procurement following the alterations of the bill for an Act to amend the Public Procurement Act, 2007 - Adeosun will be replaced by a person to be appointed by the president with the introduction of a new section - Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogars, says the essence of the bill is to sanitise Nigeria’s business environment Read more

Read more: https://www.naij.com/1094197-house-reps-drop-adeosun-chairman-national-council-public-procurement.html

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Jaideyone(m): 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ofodirinwa:

Naira falls as foreign reserves fall
http://www.informationng.com/2017/04/naira-falls-foreign-reserves-fall.html

how much of our foreign reserve did Jonathan spend between 2011 and 2013 when the price of oil was $100 on the average? just answer the question and stop posting stupid links all over the place.

modified: the reserve was 29b when buhari took over it's currently standing at 30.2b even with low crude price. the price went as low as $30 per barrel at a stage.
the average price when your Harvard graduate was in charge was above $70. at a stage crude even sold for $110 yet our reserve was falling!!!

certificate is not common sense.

I stand with the polytechnic graduate

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Ofodirinwa: 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA GETS THIRD INTERNATIONAL APPOINTMENT AFTER LEAVING THE OFFICE OF NIGERIA’S MINISTER OF FINANCE

Nigeria's former Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo – Iweala, has been appointed as a member of the international advisory panel of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). This was made known at the first meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s International Advisory Panel, which took place on October 19, 2016, in Beijing.

“It is a great honor to convene such an experienced and diverse group of international leaders to advise on the development of the Bank’s strategy,” Song Liyan, AIIB Senior Communication Officer quoted AIIB President, Jin Liqun.

http://venturesafrica.com/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-gets-third-international-appointment-after-leaving-the-office-of-nigerias-minister-of-finance/
Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by comos: 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
madam show us your WAEC certificate first

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Ofodirinwa: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jaideyone:
how much of our foreign reserve did Jonathan spend between 2011 and 2013 when the price of oil was $100 on the average? just answer the question and stop posting stupid links all over the place.

modified: the reserve was 29b when buhari took over it's currently standing at 30.2b even with low crude price. the price went as low as $30 per barrel at a stage.
the average price when your Harvard graduate was in charge was above $70. at a stage crude even sold for $110 yet our reserve was falling!!!

certificate is not common sense.

I stand with the polytechnic graduate

Of course you stand with the polytechnic graduate, she gives you hope considering your own education

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Jaideyone(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ofodirinwa:

did you know that Dr. Iweala invented Nigeria's foreign reserve? lol

shocked this killed the conversation for me. there's no need to argue with you anymore

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Jaideyone(m): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ofodirinwa:

Of course you stand with the polytechnic graduate, she gives you hope considering your own education

all these crap you are posting will not address the points I made in my posts. I'm convinced after you said iweala invented our foreign reserve that you are just another illiterate with internet connection and the urge to defend a fellow ibo at all cost. lol so even if I'm a poly graduate like you said I'm still light years ahead of you. case closed. have a nice time ignorant one

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Justuceleague2: 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
With this much beef then she probably nicked some nerves someone tell me what she talked about
Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Ofodirinwa: 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
Jaideyone:
shocked this killed the conversation for me. there's no need to argue with you anymore

Founded 2011
Nigeria's SWF was brought into law in 2011 via the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority Act[4][12] by President Goodluck Jonathan and is expected to replace the ECA.[3] The act authorized the establishment of the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority, giving it jurisdiction over the country's excess petroleum reserves. The fund is intended as security against future economic instability, to contribute towards the development of the country's infrastructure and as a savings mechanism for future generations, using the country's excess oil revenues.[4][5][12][13] It is also expected that managing these reserve funds will help to protect Nigeria's economy from external shocks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_Sovereign_Investment_Authority
Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Ofodirinwa: 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2017

Dr. Okonjo-Iweala served twice as Nigeria’s Finance Minister and also as Minister of Foreign Affairs. She was the first female to hold both positions. During her first term as Minister of Finance under President Obasanjo’s Administration, she spearheaded negotiations with the Paris Club of Creditors that led to the wiping out of US$30 billion of Nigeria’s debt, including the[b] outright cancellation of US$18 billion[/b].[4] In 2003 she led efforts to improve Nigeria’s macroeconomic management including the implementation of an oil-price based fiscal rule where revenues accruing above a reference benchmark oil price were saved in a special account, “The Excess Crude Account” which helped to reduce macroeconomic volatility.[5]

She also introduced the practice of publishing each state's monthly financial allocation from the Federal Government of Nigeria in the newspapers. This action went a long way in increasing transparency in governance.[6] With the support of the World Bank and the IMF to the Federal Government of Nigeria, she helped build an electronic financial management platform-the Government Integrated Financial Management and Information System (GIFMIS), including the Treasury Single Account (TSA) and the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS), helping to curtail corruption in the process. As at 31 December 2014, the IPPIS platform for example had eliminated 62,893 ghost workers from the system and saved the Nigerian government about $1.25 billion in the process.[7]

Dr. Okonjo-Iweala was also instrumental in helping Nigeria obtain its first ever sovereign credit rating (of BB minus) from Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's in 2006.[8]

Following her first term as Minister of Finance, she returned to the World Bank as a Managing Director in December 2007. Dr. Okonjo-Iweala had also previously spent the first 21 years of her career as a development economist at the World Bank. As Managing Director, she had oversight responsibility for the World Bank’s $81 billion operational portfolio in Africa, South Asia, Europe and Central Asia.[9]

Dr. Okonjo-Iweala spearheaded several World Bank initiatives to assist low-income countries during the 2008 – 2009 food crises and later during the financial crisis. In 2010, she was chair of the IDA replenishment, World Bank’s successful drive to raise $49.3 billion in grants and low interest credit for the poorest countries in the world.[10]

In 2011, Okonjo-Iweala was reappointed as Minister of Finance in Nigeria with the expanded portfolio of the Coordinating Minister for the Economy by President Goodluck Jonathan. Her legacy includes strengthening Nigeria’s public financial systems, stimulating the housing sector with the[b] establishment of the Nigerian Mortgage Refinance Corporation (NMRC)[/b].[11] She also empowered Nigeria’s women and youth with the Growing Girls and Women in Nigeria Programme (GWIN); a gender responsive budgeting system[12] and the highly acclaimed Youth Enterprise with Innovation programme (YouWIN); a highly acclaimed programme to support entrepreneurs that created thousands of jobs.[13]

This program has been evaluated by the World Bank as one of the most effective programmes of its kind globally. Under her leadership, the National Bureau of Statistics carried out a rebasing exercise; the first in 24 years, which saw[b] Nigeria emerge as the largest economy in Africa.[/b][14] She took a lot of heat, more-so than any other government official for the fuel subsidy removal policy by the Nigerian government which led to protests in January 2012.[15] In May 2016, the new Nigerian administration eventually removed the fuel subsidy after it became apparent that it was unsustainable and inefficient.[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngozi_Okonjo-Iweala
Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by igwebuike01: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
Jaideyone:

Lame afonja defense of the mediocre polytechnic graduate
Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Jaideyone(m): 6:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ofodirinwa:

Founded 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_Sovereign_Investment_Authority
so SWF is the same with foreign reserve like you mentioned in the post I quoted? you can't even differentiate between the two. no wonder you can't present facts. abeg carry your ignorance elsewhere
modified: cheat grin you edited your comment. you said our reserve was founded by iweala now you are trying to shift the goal post to SWF. accept defeat and crawl with your tail in between your legs cheesy you lost this one already.

BTW how much was your Harvard economist able to put in the SWF when she left 2015ml?
Iweala is a failure!!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Live On Facebook. by Jaideyone(m): 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
igwebuike01:

Lame afonja defense of the mediocre polytechnic graduate
dvmb flat head argument. have you been leaving under a rock?

NDA bombed pipelines and production was greatly reduced----> you cheered them on
price of crude fell to less than $40 dollars with reduced production so Nigeria started earning less forex. forex scarcity caused the fall of the naira leading to inflation and hardship for Nigerians.
in the midst of all the above our foreign reserve didn't fall as fast as it did under Jonathan even when oil was selling for $110 per barrel. so who is the better economist?

please argue with facts and stop disgracing your nnewi school.

(1) (Reply)

Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF / June 12: Aregbesola Calls For Restructuring, Says Nigeria Only Needs Six States / Onagoruwa's Last Public Outing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.