Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Naija Fried Rice - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Naija Fried Rice (1541 Views)

Ukrainian Babe Cries She Wants "Dodo" (fried Plantains) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
ingredients:

crayfish and ogiri okpei mix
fresh thyme
dry fish and fresh titus, possibly shaki
curry powder
jasmine basmati rice
four ata rodo pepe, yellow flavour is sweetest
pork/chorizo bits
one part groundnut oil, another two palm oil mix

boil the fish/whatever until it cooks with d thyme, crayfish iru grinded then add the cooked jasmine rice (parboil for 20 minutes) until the broth absolves in d rice. don't forget to add curry
then get a large frying pan consumerate to fry all the rice in one batch so u dnt give urself the stress of doing seperae baches, then put the oil obviously, sizzle and then put d toughest vegetable first, in this case starting with chorizo, then d hot pepers, and boiled shaki. after, put in d rice and fry until a golden colour is achieved.
serve with nigerian salad or coleslaw
in a frying pan, put the oil mix, add toughest ingredient first, so for example here
Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 10:12am On Apr 05, 2017
my rice is sweet
Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
ok you also boil egg for side dish and ketchup to transfer a little tomato jollof colours ok
Re: Naija Fried Rice by baby124: 3:20am On Apr 11, 2017
Ewa you need cooking lessons. Are you Nigerian? Basmati rice for Nigerian fried rice? Hahahahaha. Nigerians like their fried rice grainy and a little chewy but soft. Basmati rice cannot accomplish that. You need long grain rice o

Ogiri and palm oil for fried rice... please abeg don't kill me here with laugh. You are a comedian. Even shaki Kwakwakwakwakwa. Find a grand mother in the village and let her teach you the fundamentals of cooking. This up here is poison.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 4:04am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:
Ewa you need cooking lessons. Are you Nigerian? Basmati rice for Nigerian fried rice? Hahahahaha. Nigerians like their fried rice grainy and a little chewy but soft. Basmati rice cannot accomplish that. You need long grain rice o

Ogiri and palm oil for fried rice... please abeg don't kill me here with laugh. You are a comedian. Even shaki Kwakwakwakwakwa. Find a grand mother in the village and let her teach you the fundamentals of cooking. This up here is poison.

hian!! So u have now come to criticise someone else's cooking skills ahbi?

Yes I am proudly nigerian and my tribe is known for cooking so well! And what of it?

A lot of Nigerian use d basmati rice this days abeg, especially in london but I use d jasmine one sef because it has sweeter aroma and not fat and ugly like d normal long grain. I don't cook wit long grain anymore

crayfish is a substitute for d seafood/shrimp and you can't have crayfish without putting dawadawa becsuse that adds to the authentic taste. This na common knowledge. And you say you sabi cook?

shaki is just a nice protein, you cud put torototo, stockfish, chicken, beef sef. People put fish

what will a village grandma know about cooking fried rice. their own is local dishes like soup and yam bean porridge, fried rice is parry/ajebo food and is those under 60 that will know how to cook it.
Re: Naija Fried Rice by baby124: 4:23am On Apr 11, 2017
ewa26:

hian!! So u have now come to criticise someone else's cooking skills ahbi?

Yes I am proudly nigerian and my tribe is known for cooking so well! And what of it?

A lot of Nigerian use d basmati rice this days abeg, especially in london but I use d jasmine one sef because it has sweeter aroma and not fat and ugly like d normal long grain. I don't cook wit long grain anymore

crayfish is a substitute for d seafood/shrimp and you can't have crayfish without putting dawadawa becsuse that adds to the authentic taste. This na common knowledge. And you say you sabi cook?

shaki is just a nice protein, you cud put torototo, stockfish, chicken, beef sef. People put fish

what will a village grandma know about cooking fried rice. their own is local dishes like soup and yam bean porridge, fried rice is parry/ajebo food and is those under 60 that will know how to cook it.

All this in fried rice? Na wa oooo! What about the palm oil you suggested. What is the strategy with that one.
Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 4:33am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

All this in fried rice? Na wa oooo! What about the palm oil you suggested. What is the strategy with that one.
ok palm oil will gives it just little more of authentic taste which complement d crayfish and reddens it so you don't have put tomato to get that jollofy colour, though no to red. But if is still lacking in colour you can put more tumeric and tomato ketchup

this one you no dey respond to any of my points sef. Was wrong wit crayfish and ogiri okpei in fried rice? Was wrong wit jasmine rice? I even put d normal groundnut oil sef
Re: Naija Fried Rice by baby124: 4:39am On Apr 11, 2017
ewa26:
ok palm oil will gives it just little more of authentic taste and reddens it so you don't have put tomato to get that jollofy colour, though no to red. But if is still lacking in colour you can put more tumeric and tomato ketchup

this one you no dey respond to any of my points sef. Was wrong wit crayfish and ogiri okpei in fried rice? Was wrong wit jasmine rice? I even put groundnut oil sef
Nigerian fried rice has a green color, not red. So you don't need palm oil. Only vegetable oil, not groundnut oil. Also okpei is not for fried rice but traditional soups, same with crayfish. We don't make shaki and assorted with fried rice. We boil cows liver, chop it and fry to add to the fried rice. Nigerian fried rice is not fried in a pan, that is Chinese fried rice. You got it all wrong. Watch some YouTube videos. This your food as of now is only for those who wish to die soon.

1 Like

Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 4:49am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

Nigerian fried rice has a green color, not red. So you don't need palm oil. Only vegetable oil, not groundnut oil. Also okpei is not for fried rice but traditional soups, same with crayfish. We don't make shaki and assorted with fried rice. We boil cows liver, chop it and fry to add to the fried rice. Nigerian fried rice is not fried in a pan, that is Chinese fried rice. You got it all wrong. Watch some YouTube videos. This your food as of now is only for those who wish to die soon.

what's wrong wit groundnut oil and what will I use it for den? and wat will you fry it in if not frying pan

what tribe u be sef
Re: Naija Fried Rice by baby124: 4:53am On Apr 11, 2017
ewa26:

what's wrong wit groundnut oil and what will I use it for den? and wat will you fry it in if not frying pan

what tribe u be sef
Groundnut oil flavor is too strong for fried rice. Don't worry about my tribe but I will knock you out with delicious fried rice. Use YouTube to learn the dishes. This your style go turn bele, come purge person. For Nigerian fried rice you may fry the ingredients but you turn the fried ingredients in the pot of rice boiled with meat water. Don't use the water of shaki or assorted to boil the rice, their smell is too strong. Use beef or chicken water. It's tastier and the flavour is not over powering.
Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 4:56am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

Groundnut oil flavor is too strong for fried rice. Don't worry about my tribe but I will knock you out with delicious fried rice. Use YouTube to learn the dishes. This your style go turn bele, come purge person. For Nigerian fried rice you may fry the ingredients but you turn the fried ingredients in the pot of rice boiled with meat water. Don't use the water of shaki or assorted to boil the rice, their smell is too strong. Use beef or chicken water. It's tastier and the flavour is not over powering.
pls can I use groundnut oil to cook jollof rice
And what if turkey

Must d rice b long grain
Re: Naija Fried Rice by baby124: 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
ewa26:
pls can I use groundnut oil to cook jollof rice
And what if turkey

Must d rice b long grain
Turkey is ok too. It's better when it's long grain, basmati rice may work too but it won't taste the same
Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

Turkey is ok too. It's better when it's long grain, basmati rice may work too but it won't taste the same
Why are you avoiding my question about jollof rice and groudnut oil

also, can I make tomaro stew wit groudnut oil den ??
Re: Naija Fried Rice by baby124: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
ewa26:
Why are you avoiding my question about jollof rice and groudnut oil

also, can I make tomaro stew wit groudnut oil den ??
You have to cook according to flavors. Do you want your jollof to have a nutty taste. You can try and see the outcome. I personally prefer to use vegetable oil which has a more neutral flavour than groundnut oil. But I guess with tomato, it could work. You can try it. Cooking is like experimenting. With time you will know what works with what. It takes experience to be good at cooking. Where are you from by the way?
Re: Naija Fried Rice by Probz(m): 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
How come you're now using palm oil when you've been advocating ketchup as a healthier substitute?
Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
Probz:
How come you're now using palm oil when you've been advocating ketchup as a healthier substitute?
bcoz I didnt have d ketchup at time of making..
Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

You have to cook according to flavors. Do you want your jollof to have a nutty taste. You can try and see the outcome. I personally prefer to use vegetable oil which has a more neutral flavour than groundnut oil. But I guess with tomato, it could work. You can try it. Cooking is like experimenting. With time you will know what works with what. It takes experience to be good at cooking. Where are you from by the way?
im a proud ogbashu-ukwu pikin and what about that
Re: Naija Fried Rice by Probz(m): 1:55am On Apr 13, 2017
Ajebo mgbeke, where in the world did you learn to cook?
Re: Naija Fried Rice by ewa26: 1:51am On Apr 14, 2017
Probz:
Ajebo mgbeke, where in the world did you learn to cook?
you stupid person you think I don't know some igbo!?? well im ogwashi ukwu pikin and imma guy not mgbeke

Come post your own fried rice recipe if you tink you fit cook betta!

(1) (Reply)

Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos / Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? / Old Igbo Names And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.