Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,407 members, 7,836,639 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? (1591 Views)

See The Sacrifice They Dropped On My Neighbor's Doorstep / Policemen In Trouble, Offer Sacrifice For Arresting Spiritual Drummers In Lagos / Ayiri Emami Offers Coke, Fanta, Sardines And Bread To River Goddess -photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by NaBanga: 11:10pm On May 02, 2022
I am feeling conflicted. I am a Christian but my family has made a suggestion that I give a sacrifice to the river goddess. Although I am not against this completely, my concern is what may be due to to this deity. I do not want to owe any "debts" at a later time. undecided
Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by Emilokoiyawon: 11:24pm On May 02, 2022
The only harm is the one in your head. If you believe there is harm, then it will affect you. If you believe there is no harm, then you will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by LikeAking: 11:33pm On May 02, 2022
U EVEN GET WETIN U GO DO TO HELP UR SEF MOVE FORWARD. u DEY ASK QUESTION.

We are Africans. The only thing that works in Africa, is Africa. U get?
Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by NaBanga: 12:26am On May 04, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:
The only harm is the one in your head. If you believe there is harm, then it will affect you. If you believe there is no harm, then you will be fine.

I used to believe this, but even the Bible does not support this belief.
Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by Emilokoiyawon: 3:37am On May 04, 2022
NaBanga:

I used to believe this, but even the Bible does not support this belief.

The bible is just a collection of other people's ideas. Nothing more. Most of the bible is nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by NaBanga: 7:54am On May 05, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:

The bible is just a collection of other people's ideas. Nothing more. Most of the bible is nonsense.

Thank you for your response. I am hoping to also receive a response from those practicing our ancestral traditional religions.
Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by Nobody: 11:36am On May 06, 2022
shocked
Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by Nobody: 11:36am On May 06, 2022
LongBig I am the one chatting you with 32 end number on WhatsApp.
Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by LongBig(m): 11:54am On May 06, 2022
inspirator1:
LongBig I am the one chatting you with 32 end number on WhatsApp.

Ok kindly hold for my reply.
Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by Nuelzi: 1:11pm On May 06, 2022
Life is full of choices but be careful not to bring in more problem into your life

1 Like

Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by frozen70(f): 1:15pm On May 08, 2022
NaBanga:
I am feeling conflicted. I am a Christian but my family has made a suggestion that I give a sacrifice to the river goddess. Although I am not against this completely, my concern is what may be due to to this deity. I do not want to owe any "debts" at a later time. undecided

The issue here is why you, why not anyone else

Find out from your parents the real reason behind this offering to the marmaid

They know alot and you don't know anything

So it's time for you to know then you know the rules of the game

1 Like

Re: Any Harm Is Giving Sweet Sacrifice To River Goddess? by NaBanga: 5:29am On May 09, 2022
frozen70:

The issue here is why you, why not anyone else

Find out from your parents the real reason behind this offering to the marmaid

They know alot and you don't know anything

So it's time for you to know then you know the rules of the game

This is a good idea.

(1) (Reply)

Pidgin English! / Independence Day Essays In Hindi Language Pdf | 15 August Essays In Hindi / Brazil Gives Yoruba Language Official Status …nobel Laureate Says IFA Is Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.