Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

... - Agriculture (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (316646 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2018
babyboy4every1:

Thats what i do.I provide ventilation wen i observe that and give cold water
Avoid vit c
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2018
aminuelyakub:

How many tablets per 3 liter drinker.

For dosage, I cannot authoritatively give u an answer, but for my laying birds i use 10 to 15 tablet to 80 liters of water.

Let me say dis again, remember i said this is a last resort and please do not mix vit c with any other drugs.

DO NOT MIX VIT C WITH ANY OTHER DRUG
Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
Avoid vit c
Alright sir. U mean i shouldnt give vit c during this moment. thanks
Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
Mr emma/turks, blending of snail shells with feeds is a very good source of calcium for snails, how can the snail shells benefits chicks?
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
sammorad:

For dosage, I cannot authoritatively give u an answer, but for my laying birds i use 10 to 15 tablet to 80 liters of water.

Let me say dis again, remember i said this is a last resort and please do not mix vit c with any other drugs.

DO NOT MIX VIT C WITH ANY OTHER DRUG

Thank you very much.
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2018
At this point, I want to say a big thank you to all that have contributed to this thread especially Emma and Turks, I cant thank you enough.

I stocked 100 Zartec chicks with mortality at 2, they are 7 days now and their average weight is about 150g against their day 1 average weight of 40g. With your help, I was able to go very close (93%) to the standard target of gaining 4x day 1 weight at day 7.

Kudos! You guys are doing a very good job.

Proud Newbie!

1 Like

Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
aminuelyakub:
At this point, I want to say a big thank you to all that have contributed to this thread especially Emma and Turks, I cant thank you enough.

I stocked 100 Zartec chicks with mortality at 2, they are 7 days now and their average weight is about 150g against their day 1 average weight of 40g. With your help, I was able to go very close (93%) to the standard target of gaining 4x day 1 weight at day 7.

Kudos! You guys are doing a very good job.

Proud Newbie!

Photos:

Comments, observations are highly welcomed!

1 Like

Re: ... by Turks: 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
Same with Chicks. It’s a great source of Calcium for them. Same with Oyster shell, Chicken egg etc.
babyboy4every1:
Mr emma/turks, blending of snail shells with feeds is a very good source of calcium for snails, how can the snail shells benefits chicks?
Re: ... by Turks: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
THEy look good. They shouldn’t be in that cubicle though. They need to be in a well ventilated environment else, CRD will set in.
aminuelyakub:

Photos:

1 Like

Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
Turks:
THEy look good. They shouldn’t be in that cubicle though. They need to be in a well ventilated environment else, CRD will set in.

Thanks sir, the coop has a big opening on one side. I will send the picture for better analysis.
Re: ... by Turks: 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
PLEase do.
aminuelyakub:

Thanks sir, the coop has a big opening on one side. I will send the picture for better analysis.
Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 11:45pm On Mar 06, 2018
Turks:
Same with Chicks. It’s a great source of Calcium for them. Same with Oyster shell, Chicken egg etc.
THANKS SIR
Re: ... by alakara(m): 6:09am On Mar 07, 2018
aminuelyakub:

Photos:

Pls, I need that type of drinker, where do u buy them.
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 9:28am On Mar 07, 2018
alakara:

Pls, I need that type of drinker, where do u buy them.

Its from a plastic products dealer in kano. Maybe oga Turks sells them, if not you can show the picture to poultry equipment vendors, Im sure they can help you with where you can buy it.
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 10:28am On Mar 07, 2018
Turks:
PLEase do.

The photo of the pen for analysis:

Re: ... by Turks: 10:32am On Mar 07, 2018
Oh ok. Please disregard my initial comment. The birds are well catered for. Kudos!!

Happy birds, happy farmer smiley
aminuelyakub:

The photo of the pen for analysis:
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 10:46am On Mar 07, 2018
Turks:
Oh ok. Please disregard my initial comment. The birds are well catered for. Kudos!!

Happy birds, happy farmer smiley

Thank you very much for your help all thru, Im greatful!
Re: ... by Turks: 10:55am On Mar 07, 2018
Anytime sir.
aminuelyakub:

Thank you very much for your help all thru, Im greatful!
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 6:49am On Mar 08, 2018
Turks:
Anytime sir.

Morning sir,

I think my 9 days old zartech broilers are having CRD and Coccidia, I noticed them making a grugling sound and a light brown watery poop in pen.

I have been giving them amintotal and est mix wsp which I withdraw day before yestarday because I administered Lasota yestarday.

Please help! cry
Re: ... by Turks: 8:48am On Mar 08, 2018
Morning sir. When did you notice the CRD? What’s your pen ventilation like? What’s your litter management like? Litter should be changed twice or three times a week to avoid ammonia build up as well as cocci infection. I think you have a litter management problem hence the onset of CRD and cocci at the same time. You don’t administer vitamins to birds down with cocci. It’s a death catalyst because of the vitamins B present in it.

However, Vitacox should be used in treating the cocci infection once the ventilation issue has been sorted. Vitacox is a 3-1-2 dosage. 3 days on the drug, one day of water, 2 days on eh drug. Please do not include vitamins as Vitacox contains Vitamins E, C and K needed for the healing of the bird’s ailing intestinal walls. Alternatively, you can give bitterleaf extracts, Cayenne’s pepper or Apple cider vinegar as organic substitutes, they work fine equally. Thank you.
aminuelyakub:

Morning sir,

I think my 9 days old zartech broilers are having CRD and Coccidia, I noticed them making a grugling sound and a light brown watery poop in pen.

I have been giving them amintotal and est mix wsp which I withdraw day before yestarday because I administered Lasota yestarday.

Please help! cry

1 Like

Re: ... by Munzy14(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2018
Turks:
Morning sir. When did you notice the CRD? What’s your pen ventilation like? What’s your litter management like? Litter should be changed twice or three times a week to avoid ammonia build up as well as cocci infection. I think you have a litter management problem hence the onset of CRD and cocci at the same time. You don’t administer vitamins to birds down with cocci. It’s a death catalyst because of the vitamins B present in it.

However, Vitacox should be used in treating the cocci infection once the ventilation issue has been sorted. Vitacox is a 3-1-2 dosage. 3 days on the drug, one day of water, 2 days on eh drug. Please do not include vitamins as Vitacox contains Vitamins E, C and K needed for the healing of the bird’s ailing intestinal walls. Alternatively, you can give bitterleaf extracts, Cayenne’s pepper or Apple cider vinegar as organic substitutes, they work fine equally. Thank you.
Nice one turks.
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 9:56am On Mar 08, 2018
Turks:

My ventilation is fine as you certified it yestarday, but my litter management is poor, I havent changed the bedding and I equally suspect my smoky brooder. Will fixing my litter and smoky brooder stop the CRD? I started noticing slight symptoms of CRD day before yestarday but I tut the bird was panting.

Sir, for the Vitacox, what I dont understand is the 3-1-2 dosage. Do you mean 3 days of vitacox in water, 1 day of plain water then 2 days of vitacox in water again?

And for the pepper, its available here in sun dried form. How can I prepare it, in what propption should I apply it and the duration please?

Can I continue to use the est mix wsp in combination with the above? (vitacox or pepper)

Thank you very much sir!
Re: ... by Turks: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2018
aminuelyakub:

My ventilation is fine as you certified it yestarday, but my litter management is poor, I havent changed the bedding and I equally suspect my smoky brooder. Will fixing my litter and smoky brooder stop the CRD? I started noticing slight symptoms of CRD day before yestarday but I tut the bird was panting.

CORRECT —> Sir, for the Vitacox, what I dont understand is the 3-1-2 dosage. Do you mean 3 days of vitacox in water, 1 day of plain water then 2 days of vitacox in water again?

One table spoon in 4litres —> And for the pepper, its available here in sun dried form. How can I prepare it, in what propption should I apply it and the duration please?

KINDLY WITHDRAW THE EST MIX. You can add the pepper in their feed. —> Can I continue to use the est mix wsp in combination with the above? (vitacox or pepper)

Thank you very much sir!
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 08, 2018
aminuelyakub:

Sir, for the Vitacox, what I dont understand is the 3-1-2 dosage. Do you mean 3 days of vitacox in water, 1 day of plain water then 2 days of vitacox in water again?

And for the pepper, its available here in sun dried form. How can I prepare it, in what propption should I apply it and the duration please?

Can I continue to use the est mix wsp in combination with the above? (vitacox or pepper)

Thank you very much sir!
You look like a novice. You don't give antibiotic continuously like you are giving multivitamin.
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

You look like a novice. You don't give antibiotic continuously like you are giving multivitamin.

correct grin
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 10:43am On Mar 08, 2018
[quote author=Turks post=65659583][/quote]

I will change the bedding and apply the pepper for the CRD n Cocci repectively. Than you very much sir!
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2018
Munzy14:

Nice one turks.

Oga Turks na Baba grin
Re: ... by Hollawayn05(m): 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2018
Olatunji Ridwan poultry Expert Livestock health technologist General farm Consultation contact: olawayn@gmail.com 08022376900 (whatsapp) 07066377018

1 Like

Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 9:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
I will change the bedding and apply the pepper for the CRD n Cocci repectively. Than you very much sir! [/quote]
READ very well. Oga turks didnt mention only cayenne pepper but also bitterleaf. U WILL need the two
Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
aminuelyakub:

I will change the bedding and apply the pepper for the CRD n Cocci repectively. Than you very much sir!
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 11:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
babyboy4every1:
READ very well. Oga turks didnt mention only cayenne pepper but also bitterleaf. U WILL need the two

In what proportion?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.