Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? (3706 Views)

How To Drive In Lagos.... Agbero Edition / Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by sternosa: 12:53am On Apr 05, 2017
Nairaland has been a great place to gather relevant information that has been immenaelt helpful in our day to day activities.
I know there are good hearted people here and I am pleading for someone who can teach me how to drive. I don't mind paying fuel money.
Pls Pls Pls. I've seen good samaritans who altruistically go out of their way to teach their fellow Nairalander how to drive. I live in Ajah axis.
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by dada(f): 3:11am On Apr 05, 2017
wow would have love to teach you but stay far from Ajah
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by nurey(m): 11:52am On Apr 05, 2017
Why don't you look for a neighbor or friend that has car around you, try to talk to him to make time to teach you how to drive, that you will fuel it. No go meet female to teach you (I have my reasons)

Most people here get job and weekends isn't even enough for me to epp myself not to talk of epping someone else.

Or better still buy Logitech X-drive wheel controller shouldn't be more than 10k get a laptop, I will provide the driving simulation games and you train with that, that's what I learned with grin
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by nams77: 11:56am On Apr 05, 2017
Would have loved to but I'm not near
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
Go and play any of the latest NEED FOR SPEED and make sure you finish the game.... It might sound funny but you'll learn a lot. I was a game addict back then in sch, my first attempt on car, I was surprised how far I could drive perfectly. Nobody taught me anything.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by nurey(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2017
pinnket:
Go and play any of the latest NEED FOR SPEED and make sure you finish the game.... It might sound funny but you'll learn a lot. I was a game addict back then in sch, my first attempt on car, I was surprised how far I could drive perfectly. Nobody taught me anything.

Thank me later.

Don't mislead him into crime, need for speed teaches you how to disobey traffic rules, have no regard for lives and property, how to challenge other road users, rage in driving, most of all how to disobey authority no matter what.

Even the game says "do your racing in the game but on the road drive safely and always wear your seat belts"

Need for speed is not for test driving or training drivers it's for racing, burning rubber, marking asphalt and worst of all discarding safety standards period.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2017
nurey:

Don't mislead him into crime, need for speed teaches you how to disobey traffic rules, have no regard for lives and property, how to challenge other road users, rage in driving, most of all how to disobey authority no matter what.

Even the game says "do your racing in the game but on the road drive safely and always wear your seat belts"

Need for speed is not for test driving or training drivers it's for racing, burning rubber, marking asphalt and worst of all discarding safety standards period.
true talk sir. But I'm happy I learnt driving from the game because it helps me a lot on the road against these Lagos bus drivers. #TeamNFS

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 06, 2017
pinnket:
true talk sir. But I'm happy I learnt driving from the game because it helps me a lot on the road against these Lagos bus drivers. #TeamNFS
You learnt how to drive from NFS?
Hehehehehehehe grin Nurey see your people o...

Me sef learnt how to price asha.wo from GTA

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2017
PaperLace:

chai.!... Me no follow do that one oo abeg oo. Na cutlass I learn how to use again for God of War

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by snipesdam(m): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2017
nurey:

Its not entirely misleading. I did learn a lot of good skills playing that game NFS Hot Pursuit. Nobody taught me how to drive in RL but some skills you acquire from NFS could define you from normal RL drivers. It really takes a lot discipline to finish that game and also to drive a high speed with caution/focused (Not saying you should be maxing 150MPH). If you don't have a car yet or can't pay for driving lessons read the FRSC manuals and other car related books to expand your knowledge so when u start it will be easy.

I remember playing Grand Tourismo 2 on PS1. It taught me a lot about using manual gears my senior brother always dusted. This just gives me chills back in the days #iRepManualTransmission.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by nurey(m): 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
PaperLace:

The main aim in need for speed is to be a champion at all cost, even the cars you using get to 100km in 3secs, you brush opponents on oncoming vehicles, run intersection at 150km/h, run pass red light, take corners at 80km/h, push police cruisers into oncoming traffic and brush em to the kerb. Best of all using nitro on road I don't know if Lagos drivers actually learn driving from this.

2months after I bought my sienna, I decided to take a stunt like NFS, I took a 180 degree turn (U-turn) at 40km/h the back tires were dragged on asphalt and the side lift up like it was gonna tumble, I heard a metal scratch we were fine but I won't try it again grin
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by snipesdam(m): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
nurey:

The main aim in need for speed is to be a champion at all cost, even the cars you using get to 100km in 3secs, you brush opponents on oncoming vehicles, run intersection at 150km/h, run pass red light, take corners at 80km/h, push police cruisers into oncoming traffic and brush em to the kerb. Best of all using nitro on road I don't know if Lagos drivers actually learn driving from this.

2months after I bought my sienna, I decided to take a stunt like NFS, I took a 180 degree turn (U-turn) at 40kph the back tires were dragged on asphalt and the side lift up like it was gonna tumble, I heard a metal scratch we were fine but I won't try it again grin

Using the Wrong car that stunt. Two weeks ago when i was coming back from Aba to PH just as you explained here a sienna in-front of me doing about 120KPH while swerving and dodging potholes @wrong speed his back tyres almost came of the ground @80kph (This is Called Moose Test when swerving out of your track and back into your). Also from what i saw his tyres looked over inflated.

Not all cars has same handling and the moose swerve is always tricky that's why dislike the Hilux Truck. You have known that an axle powered vehicle would have performed better (BMW or Mercedes)
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by walezy85: 1:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
[quote author=pinnket post=55299841]Go and play any of the latest NEED FOR SPEED and make sure you finish the game.... It might sound funny but you'll learn a lot. I was a game addict back then in sch, my first attempt on car, I was surprised how far I could drive perfectly. Nobody taught me anything.

Thank me later.
visit goggle app Store to download car simulation games like Dr Drive,2016 or 17 car/Bus simulation it will be of help.
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2017
nurey:
Why don't you look for a neighbor or friend that has car around you, try to talk to him to make time to teach you how to drive, that you will fuel it. No go meet female to teach you (I have my reasons)

Most people here get job and weekends isn't even enough for me to epp myself not to talk of epping someone else.

Or better still buy Logitech X-drive wheel controller shouldn't be more than 10k get a laptop, I will provide the driving simulation games and you train with that, that's what I learned with grin

Nice input, please can my wife use that drive thing?
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by nurey(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
fuckerstard:

Nice input, please can my wife use that drive thing?

Yes she can, if you can lay your hands on the controller, has steering, manual stick shift and real life pedals. But the price now could be expensive. Those were the days starting price $25 to $90 depending on maker and added gizmo

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by chidifrank(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
dada:
wow would have love to teach you but stay far from Ajah
where do you stay pls, i also wish you can teach me. i intend buying a manual car soonest... by the way, i stay at Ago palace, Okota
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by chidifrank(m): 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
nams77:
Would have loved to but I'm not near
where do you stay?? i stay at ago palace and i really need to learn how to drive a manual transmission
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by goonsmi: 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
Anyone in Abeokuta to help a brother in need?
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by goonsmi: 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
nurey:

I will love this bro. how can I get this and the set up? I saw something like this somewhere but nicely connected to the computer and I thought it was imported like that.
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by nurey(m): 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
goonsmi:

I will love this bro. how can I get this and the set up? I saw something like this somewhere but nicely connected to the computer and I thought it was imported like that.

you can get the steering locally in computer village ikeja or probably a few shops in tinubu lagos island. But it will be cheaper eventually to order as you will have access to varieties and the likes and it would be top quality, but if you get money go computer village and buy instantly.
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by goonsmi: 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
nurey:

you can get the steering locally in computer village ikeja or probably a few shops in tinubu lagos island. But it will be cheaper eventually to order as you will have access to varieties and the likes and it would be top quality, but if you get money go computer village and buy instantly.

Thanks bro.
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by mimitee: 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
nurey:

Yes she can, if you can lay your hands on the controller, has steering, manual stick shift and real life pedals. But the price now could be expensive. Those were the days starting price $25 to $90 depending on maker and added gizmo

This wheel be good to have in setting up a driving school . I just checked Logitech now and I am seeing $400+ for this. that's very far from your quoted price and I will appreciate if I can get something like this at a good price.
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by nurey(m): 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
mimitee:

This wheel be good to have in setting up a driving school . I just checked Logitech now and I am seeing $400+ for this. that's very far from your quoted price and I will appreciate if I can get something like this at a good price.

You sef no try, don't you know Logitech is like Samsung in phone world? Find your way go China market and order for something not too expensive. The price also depends on what the steering rack is coming with, dual shock, vibration, HUD display, stick/automatic shift, how many pedals and maker.

If you are buying in Nigeria the right one will come with a shocking price tag, ours was bought for 15k when dollar was still $1 to 97naira, they were selling scrap at ikeja (just wheel and button) for a killer price nah him man just order am.
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
Go to driving school, they will tutor u well

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by nams77: 1:12am On Apr 10, 2017
chidifrank:

where do you stay?? i stay at ago palace and i really need to learn how to drive a manual transmission
Warri, but not to worry, you can approach driving schools around you with some cash or if the car is available, you can ask friends or neighbours to teach you
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by missingribs: 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
sternosa:
Nairaland has been a great place to gather relevant information that has been immenaelt helpful in our day to day activities.
I know there are good hearted people here and I am pleading for someone who can teach me how to drive. I don't mind paying fuel money.
Pls Pls Pls. I've seen good samaritans who altruistically go out of their way to teach their fellow Nairalander how to drive. I live in Ajah axis.

@sternosa pls ve u got someone to teach you....abeg I won't mind if I can get someone to teach me too,I stay around Ajah axis too.on many occasions I miss d chance to use a friend car when he is out of town just because I can't drive....
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by ugreat(m): 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
chidifrank:

Gotten?
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by chidifrank(m): 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
ugreat:

Gotten?
no i have not. if u willing to teach me , i wil be grateful. 07051931090 that's my number i stay at AP bustop at Ago Palace. thanks
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by bsideboii(m): 10:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
nurey:

Bros..I dey always follow your comment back to back for the cartalk ...abeg u are tech savvy @ Logitech x-drive...Your head is there . grin
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by ugreat(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2017
chidifrank:

no i have not. if u willing to teach me , i wil be grateful. 07051931090 that's my number i stay at AP bustop at Ago Palace. thanks
Got a car?
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by chidifrank(m): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
ugreat:

Got a car?
Not yet. I wanna learn first before buying one. I knw d basics it's just to master a little
Re: Any Nairalander Willing To Teach Me How To Drive? by ugreat(m): 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
chidifrank:

Not yet. I wanna learn first before buying one. I knw d basics it's just to master a little
A difficult quest when there's no manual car to learn with. Except you can hire one

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Are The New Set Of Vehicles Set To Replace The Tricycles And Okada(photos) / Honda Pilot Consuming Much Gas / Honda’s Bad Wheels Doesn’t Occur Only In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.