Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress (21992 Views)

Obiageli Mazi Promoted To Assistant Headmistress By Governor Zulum In Borno / 'If You Can't Impregnate Your Wife, It's Buhari': See 2 Men Fight Over PMB / Salary Arrears: Abia Headmistress Demoted For "Embarrassing Ikpeazu’s Wife" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by odiks: 5:59am On Apr 05, 2017
A verbal war has ensued in the political camp of the Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, over the recent demotion of a headmistress to classroom teacher by the state government.

The headmistress of a primary school at Amaetiti Asaga Ohafia, in Ohafia Local Government Area, located in the Abia-North Senatorial District, Mrs. Maryellen Ezichi, was reportedly demoted to a classroom teacher for demanding the payment of the backlog of salary arrears owed teachers when the wife of the governor, Mrs. Nkechi Ikpeazu, visited the school to inaugurate the government’s free meal programme.

The first salvo was reportedly fired on Monday by Don Ubani, Gov. Ikpeazu’s kinsman from Abia-North and the Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Abia State, who accused the governor’s appointees from Abia-North of not doing enough to protect the governor and his wife in the “hostile” Abia-North.

He said, “No adviser worth his salt will advise or encourage the wife of his principal to stray into a domain, whose hatred and hostility against their principal, are not in any way hidden.”

But Ubani’s comment appeared to have infuriated the Deputy Speaker, Abia State House of Assembly, Cosmos Ndukwe, also a close political associate of Ikpeazu, who accused him of “unwittingly” declaring Abia-North an enemy’s territory of the governor.

Ndukwe, who hails from Abia-North, replied saying, “Don Ubani, arrogating to himself the monopoly of wisdom, has unwittingly declared Abia-North an enemy territory, so much that Governor Okezie Ikpeazu deserves hatred and hostility from the zone. As lost as I am in thought, I can say with utmost certainty that Don Ubani is perfecting the art of divisive and mindless geo-sectional politics which he has been orchestrating all the while for grossly selfish reasons.”

Efforts to get a comment from the Chief Press Secretary to Ikpeazu, Enyinnaya Appolos, on the development proved abortive as his phones were not reachable as of the time of filing this report.

http://punchng.com/ikpeazus-men-fight-dirty-over-demoted-headmistress/

1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by odiks: 5:59am On Apr 05, 2017
More..

The DON UBANI GAFFE

"No adviser worth his salt, will advise or encourage the wife of his Principal to "stray" into a domain which hatred and hostility against the Principal are not in any way hidden"
Don Ubani PDP Publicity Secretary

It is very regrettable, utterly disappointing, shameful, thoughtless, embarrassing and politically suicidal for a man like Don Ubani who claims to be experienced in the game of politics to be credited with those unfortunate lines.

Don Ubani, arrogating to himself the monopoly of wisdom, had unwittingly declared ABIA NORTH an enemy territory, so much that the Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu Ph.D only deserves hatred and hostility from the zone. I do not know the bases for this unpopular logic. I don know the reason behind this shameless grandstanding. I can't place my fingers around this senseless analogy. As lost as I am in thought, I can say with utmost certainty that Don Ubani is perfecting on the art of divisive and mindless geo sectional politics which he's been orchestrating all the while for grossly selfish reasons.

Shortly after the 2015 elections, the most potent allegation peddled by favor seeking politicians like Don was that me, Cosmos Ndukwe campaigned and worked for APGA. While I handed over peddlers of such baseless propaganda, I made a silent prayer that God will cause people to rubbish their efforts in real life. While I made several kilometers in feet, almost emptied my account campaigning for PDP in Abia's undoubtedly most politically aware zone, some miscreants, those who couldn't deliver their wards accused me against my own party, a party that graciously permitted me to fly their flag. It was after being confronted by that wicked accusation that I realized that witches also go in the day time. Meanwhile, the people who initiated that allegation sat idly in drinking parlors, comfort of their rooms while we were soaked in the rain at the risk of our own lives. This will be a story for another day.

I will refuse to be dragged into the allegation of incompetence against the Aides of the Governor , regarding particularly the handling of the transfer saga. This is because, their efforts at educating us in my mind were useful. I trust the judgment of the Governor in appointing them kudos to likes of Onyebuchi Ememanka. Therefore, their views are more credible, believable and worthwhile than that of a busy body party man, the one who refuses to guide his utterances, the all - knowing Don who cannot mind his business of working for the party, the man who appointed himself a judge over the rest of us, the man who thinks he loves the governor more than anyone else.

Irrespective of what he says about being experienced in politics, Don Ubani's claim that while Abia North voted for their "brother" Alex Otti, Ukwa Ngwa voted for their "brother" Ikpeazu shows how irredeemably inexperienced, uncouth and unreasonable one could be. This shows that he did not understand the circumstances of the time. This shows that he nurses an unjustifiable and unreasonable hatred against Abia North people, a zone that fought both the most violent political forces and the best of Abia bourgeoisie to stem the tide of defeat and inadvertently swing victory to the side of the PDP.

Don, you are wrong and misguided in your utterance. Abia North voted for PDP. Abia North worked tirelessly for PDP to avert what would have been an agonizing loss to the opposition.

Even when the courts cancelled nine polling units in my elections, PDP still won in Bende North. Even when the courts discounted votes within the Deputy Governor's electoral area, he still delivered his constituency to the PDP. Those who voted for Nnenna Ukeje, Uko Nkole and Nkeiru Onyejiocha probably came from Asa in Ukwa. And may be the votes recorded for Okezie Ikpeazu PhD in Abia North were manufactured by Don Ubani's ancestors. Ditto, several other areas where the party members faced what could rightly be described as the fiercest electoral contest in the history of Abia politics.

But for the diligence, alertness, commitment, determination, courage and loyalty of PDP members in Abia North, the story would have been worse. If PDP members and supporters in Abia North had not risen to the occasion, what happened to the party in Don Ubani's Aba would have been a child's play. But for the unwavering and unapologetic belief Abia North exhibited in the 2015 elections, the likes of Don Ubani, those who do not invest unless the party provides; would not ever have the opportunity of being members of the ruling party post 2015. But for the undiluted show of love for equity by Abia North PDP, 2015 elections would have been an indelible nightmare for PDP in Abia State. But for good reason, good conscience and total support, PDP would not have breathed in Abia North.

May be I should remind Don that he should deal with his kinsmen who were the most antagonistic of the Ikpeazu candidature. He should be dealing with his "brothers" (whatever that means) who are PDP only in name but have provided the most bizarre opposition to our cause as a party in the State. If we were as bigoted and shameless as Don, then we would ask for the head of those from Ukwa Ngwa who fought men and the spirits to oppose the candidature and even the election of the governor.

I do not want to be cajoled into playing ethnic politics as that has never promoted the cause of any group otherwise Don should go subtract the votes of others and declare Okezie winner with Ukwa Ngwa votes. I am minded by fairness to remind Don Ubani that he should apologize to Abia North for labeling them a hostile zone. He should apologize to the for ever imagining that they could sponsor any one to attack either the Governor or his wife. He should apologize to them for suggesting that their efforts at taming the opposition bigwigs in Abia North are not appreciated.

Let me enjoin the youths in Abia North to sheath their sword in revenge of this assault on our collective intelligence. Politics has a way of throwing up entertainers, those who speak like they are a circus show, those who think that the only way to rise is by pulling others down.

Let me also enjoin my great party state officers that its high time they call this Ajasco juvenile to order.

Rt. Hon. Cosmos Ndukwe Ph.D

https://mbasic.facebook.com/cosmos.ndukwe.1?v=timeline&lst=1217379961%3A100004248221028%3A1491368476

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by FearFactor1: 6:00am On Apr 05, 2017
These politicians are not challenged.
Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by odiks: 6:12am On Apr 05, 2017
Things fall apart... The center cannot hold again. May 12th loading...
Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by kahal29: 6:31am On Apr 05, 2017
Mmmmmh.... There is fire on the mountain.. . RUN RUN RUN

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by annnikky(f): 6:42am On Apr 05, 2017
Long epistle somebori should pls summarize sad

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by Cornerstone2020(m): 8:05am On Apr 05, 2017
Being an Abian and an Ngwa man I understand the two parties .
Don Ubani should not have made such comments as it is divisive to the party and the governor's cabinet.
But the obvious truth remains that Abia north is just like our Northern Nigeria they believe they must rule Abia.
They vehemently resisted the idea of an Ngwa man becoming the governor over the years. There level of hatred for Ngwa and Ukwa people (Abia south and partly central) often make them to throw party loyalty to the garbage to ensure that their own rule Abia. we all saw how Dr. chikwe of PPA just few days to election step down for Otti despite being one of the favourites, Orji Uzo kalu did went to INEC to force them to declare Otti the winner despite being in another party . I can go on and on.
But really baffles me is that they are responsible for the bad governance in Abia State since the creation of the state in 1991. And they destroyed Aba selling government lands and facilities to their cronies probably why they don't want Ngwa or Ukwa man to rule Abia even local governments and market and public establisment were all managed by people from Abia north hence all they cared about is looting Aba dry without doing any developmental projects in Aba.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by durangokid: 8:15am On Apr 05, 2017
odiks:
A verbal war has ensued in the political camp of the Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, over the recent demotion of a headmistress to classroom teacher by the state government.

The headmistress of a primary school at Amaetiti Asaga Ohafia, in Ohafia Local Government Area, located in the Abia-North Senatorial District, Mrs. Maryellen Ezichi, was reportedly demoted to a classroom teacher for demanding the payment of the backlog of salary arrears owed teachers when the wife of the governor, Mrs. Nkechi Ikpeazu, visited the school to inaugurate the government’s free meal programme.

The first salvo was reportedly fired on Monday by Don Ubani, Gov. Ikpeazu’s kinsman from Abia-North and the Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Abia State, who accused the governor’s appointees from Abia-North of not doing enough to protect the governor and his wife in the “hostile” Abia-North.

He said, “No adviser worth his salt will advise or encourage the wife of his principal to stray into a domain, whose hatred and hostility against their principal, are not in any way hidden.”

But Ubani’s comment appeared to have infuriated the Deputy Speaker, Abia State House of Assembly, Cosmos Ndukwe, also a close political associate of Ikpeazu, who accused him of “unwittingly” declaring Abia-North an enemy’s territory of the governor.

Ndukwe, who hails from Abia-North, replied saying, “Don Ubani, arrogating to himself the monopoly of wisdom, has unwittingly declared Abia-North an enemy territory, so much that Governor Okezie Ikpeazu deserves hatred and hostility from the zone. As lost as I am in thought, I can say with utmost certainty that Don Ubani is perfecting the art of divisive and mindless geo-sectional politics which he has been orchestrating all the while for grossly selfish reasons.”

Efforts to get a comment from the Chief Press Secretary to Ikpeazu, Enyinnaya Appolos, on the development proved abortive as his phones were not reachable as of the time of filing this report.

http://punchng.com/ikpeazus-men-fight-dirty-over-demoted-headmistress/
which newspaper article is this, own by who and financed by who, this is how they use division to cause problems, they have started, ikpeazu and his men should ignore punch,,, the next one will come from Nation newspaper to tell you APC will win Abia in the next election because of ikpeazu's problems with abia North and later Sahara reporters will bring their own, on how ikpeazu took over power against the advice of abians, fools false information and propaganda was used last one. Nigerians in 2015 elections

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by obyrich(m): 8:29am On Apr 05, 2017
Cornerstone2020:
Being an Abian and an Ngwa man I understand the two parties .
Don Ubani should not have made such comments as it is divisive to the party and the governor's cabinet.
But the obvious truth remains that Abia north is just like our Northern Nigeria they believe they must rule Abia.
They vehemently resisted the idea of an Ngwa man becoming the governor over the years. There level of hatred for Ngwa and Ukwa people (Abia south and partly central) often make them to throw party loyalty to the garbage to ensure that their own rule Abia. we all saw how Dr. chikwe of PPA just few days to election step down for Otti despite being one of the favourites, Orji Uzo kalu did went to INEC to force them to declare Otti the winner despite being in another party . I can go on and on.
But really baffles me is that they are responsible for the bad governance in Abia State since the creation of the state in 1991. And they destroyed Aba selling government lands and facilities to their cronies probably why they don't want Ngwa or Ukwa man to rule Abia even local governments and market and public establisment were all managed by people from Abia north hence all they cared about is looting Aba dry without doing any developmental projects in Aba.

I am surprised that you believed this propaganda. Nwanne muru anya.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by ManMountain(m): 8:32am On Apr 05, 2017
durangokid:
which newspaper article is this, own by who and financed by who, this is how they use division to cause problems, they have started, ikpeazu and his men should ignore punch,,, the next one will come from Nation newspaper to tell you APC will win Abia in the next election because of ikpeazu's problems with abia North and later Sahara reporters will bring their own, on how ikpeazu took over power against the advice of abians, fools false information and propaganda was used last one. Nigerians in 2015 elections

This is what is kiling you people from that region...DENIAL.
Names were mentioned, why not wait for thoese mentioned to come publicly to debunk the report.
Literacy is not just attending school, it involves schooling and purging the mind from foolish thinking

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42am On Apr 05, 2017
2019 will be very interesting
Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by sduni47: 8:54am On Apr 05, 2017
haha they are back again... I thought they said she wasnt

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by yeyeboi(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by nfemi1: 8:54am On Apr 05, 2017
odiks:
Things fall apart... The center cannot hold again. May 12th loading...
just like gej, the governor's wife will lead to his fall

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by jerrybakermillz(m): 8:55am On Apr 05, 2017
K..poor men, the only thing they have is money.... Power belong to the poeple

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by keleme652: 8:55am On Apr 05, 2017
this reminds me of that proverb "wetn man do man na woman cause am"
Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by tuncosd38(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 05, 2017
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by divinelove(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2017
And the poor teacher remains demoted

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by naijacentric(m): 8:59am On Apr 05, 2017
Nigeria is doomed

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by Abbeyme: 9:00am On Apr 05, 2017
Very many politicians just hate to tolerate the very important place of feedbacks in our environment
Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by kahal29: 9:00am On Apr 05, 2017
durangokid:

Sorry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by Unimaginable123: 9:01am On Apr 05, 2017
ManMountain:

This is what is kiling you people from that region...DENIAL.
Names were mentioned, why not wait for thoese mentioned to come publicly to debunk the report.
Literacy is not jist attending school, it involves schooling anx purging the mind from foolish thinking
not even names, but prominent names.

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by GoodinPurple: 9:01am On Apr 05, 2017
....and to think that this old men are fighting for the interest of the governor while the masses go hungry..
God bless Nigeria Sha!!
Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by enyice(m): 9:01am On Apr 05, 2017
hmmmm. nawa o
Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by enigma2007(m): 9:03am On Apr 05, 2017
divinelove:
And the poor teacher remains demoted

You forgot that she had now been dragged into political fights that does not concern her. Nigerian politicians sha!

9 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by odiks: 9:04am On Apr 05, 2017
obyrich:
I am surprised that you believed this propaganda. Nwanne muru anya.

What is propaganda? Am sorry for you cos am not sure you live in Abia state.

9 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 05, 2017
Behold the Republic of biafra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by MightyThor(m): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2017
I just observed that nowhere in the write up was the demotion of the headmistress mentioned not to speak of being condemned, These are peoples (teachers) with issues and the state governor turns a deaf ear to their anguish. They saw a golden opportunity to inform the Governor of their issues (backlog of salary) thru his visiting wife, and no one is querying why she was demoted.

She should be commended for being bold enough to speak the hard truth about their condition to the governor's wife , yet this silly politicians want to turn it political as usual.

20 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by tk4rd: 9:06am On Apr 05, 2017
Ponponcon...
This news is for you.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by Dandsome: 9:06am On Apr 05, 2017
Okay.

That's means there was a demotion somewhere initially. So why the initial denial.

Why should a governor's wife demote a headmistress?

Does she have the power to do so? Northerners will trample on the rights of the Easterners, the Easterners will now trample on the rights of their fellow brothers again.

No wonder no one takes them seriously politically.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu’s Men Fight Dirty Over Demoted Headmistress by quiverfull(m): 9:07am On Apr 05, 2017
...but the real victim in this whole nonsense is the demoted headmistress and not the silly governor.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buratai, Military After My Life - Timi Frank Cries Out In Press Statement / Senator Binta Garba: I Rejected N300m Bribe To Dump APC / Drama As INEC Concludes Defence In Akwa Ibom Governorship Election Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.