Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

10 Step's Homemade rc Helicopter - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Step's Homemade rc Helicopter (5797 Views)

How I Built My Rc Helicopter At Home / Homemade Manual Rc Helicopter / HOMEMADE Rc Helicopter Victor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Step's Homemade rc Helicopter by victorigwe: 8:10am On Apr 05, 2017
hi my name is igwevictor, (saintsmart) , i made this mini rc coaxial helicopter, about 7 metre using a pwm signal output, u will be asking how i made it,, in all my l i v e was to make some thing fly manually or analoglly, i try up to 20 times i never loss hope, on 2015 i discover a website A CHEAP RC HELICOPTER MADE OF CIRCUIT board, it was so deficult to me, this was not my first heli ever built, but i want to tell u how i made this fly, let's lern some thing.

Step1. The body
I made the body with aluminium shit, 15cm long, 10cm, draw the symbol on the shit before u cut out, bend the body and make a hole on the centre gravity (cg).

Step2. Installing the motor.
The motor i use is from stero amp, 8v, get two motor, one tube, mini bearing from ac fan for inverter, ok after geting all add the bearing in both end top of the tube, and add shaft e.g antener pole, so that another shaft will went through it, add the first gear and the second gear in the shaft and gum them, add some eposy to the side of the tube and add ur motors, their gears will tuch the gear of the shaft gears,
Note: the shaft most be moving freelly throught the bearings, set ur gear well, there is the poin of lift, make a test if it spin well.

Step3: installing coaxial
install the coaxial to the body, in the poin were u drill a hole add a strall/pipe and gum it, and put it inside through the shaft and cover it very well.

Step4: landing geard.
I use thesame pipe/strall to make the llanding, so that there will be nomuch waight on it.

Step5: tail
I also use strall to make the fansy taill.

Step6: propellars
i use wood to make the prop's, clock wise and anti clock wise direction, 8 inch long, u can make a beter one, make a balance to the prop's if u want it to fly, but it is must, after balancing install it and gum it.

Step7:wire connection.
Negetive - 1st motor to posetive + 2nd motor, do so to the other one, you will inter change the conection to no wich motor is for clock wise and anti clock wise, that should be easy, Add a long tiny wire about 7metre ( + & - ).

Step8: balance the c .g
CG means center gravity, to balance it is to make sure that the nose will be a little heavier than the taill side, add a little waight to the fron for that to balance.

Step9: esc and pwm.
an electronic speed controller, i use my own homemade mosfet esc that i made, so many circuit is in google, and i made my pwm using ne555 ic (servo tester) for throttling or changing the mosfet speed, the batter i use was lead acid battery 12v or 24v.

Step10: done
After every thing you are done, make a test flight, ur esc,pwm, and battery will be in ur hand, then ur coaxial heli will have enogh strent to fly. Have a nice and save flight...

Re: 10 Step's Homemade rc Helicopter by juniormusa(m): 8:24am On Apr 05, 2017
Nice one op but I was thinking it was the main helicopter grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Step's Homemade rc Helicopter by victorigwe: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2017
look closs to the image and see that it is simple.

1 Like

Re: 10 Step's Homemade rc Helicopter by matrixme(m): 9:21am On Apr 05, 2017
will it fly?
Re: 10 Step's Homemade rc Helicopter by victorigwe: 9:23am On Apr 05, 2017
it will fly

Re: 10 Step's Homemade rc Helicopter by VmanStudios: 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
Click the link to Subscribe so that you will not miss any of our videos or give away, don't miss this lucky day 😇😉
https://youtube.com/@vmanstudios

(1) (Reply)

Glo 0.0kb Free Browsing For 4G Sims Via Stark VPN / How To Get 3GB Free Data On Airtel TV / How To Upgrade Your MTN SIM Card From 62k To 128k For Fast 3G Internet Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.