Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi (1630 Views)

Coronavirus: FG Starts Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households - Farouk / Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World / "Jonathan, The Poorest Ex-President, His Parlour Can’t Hold 10 People" - Igali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by farem: 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2017
POLITICS ,
If we break Nigeria into components, Northern Nigeria will be the poorest – Sanusi
by Staff Writter
April 5, 2017, 12:40

Muhammadu Sanusi II, Emir of Kano, in his key note address during the opening ceremony of Kaduna state’s investment programme titled ‘Promoting Investment Amidst Economic Challenges’ says northern Nigeria will be the poorest if the country is broken into components.
The Emir made the disclosure at the second edition of the Kaduna Investment Forum, Kadinvest 2.0 in the state. He says the North east and west are the most poorest in the country and even in the world.
NAIJ.com reports that the Emir urged the region not to use the oil rich Niger delta, commercially viable Lagos and business oriented south east to mirror the living standard of the North.
Going further, he urged Muslims to imbibe education and stop using religion and culture to set the region backward.

“Other Muslim nations have put forward girl education. Other Muslim countries have pushed on.
We are fighting culture, we are fighting civilization.
You tell me that you should not write love book in northern Nigerian. He also says it is wrong to burn books of science based on religion.
“What is the crime of those books?” He asks. Going further, he questioned the right of people in having more children in the region without having the resource to take care of them.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by softmind24: 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
angry put source

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by SFSNIPER(m): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2017
In other words, northern Nigeria should be grateful to other parts on which they survive. One Nigeria agenda.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by OreMI22: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2017
I love the Emir for always speaking the truth.
So if the north has vested interest in Nigeria being together, why not work to resolve the issues creating unhappiness in the union?

The norths attitude of if you don't like it, then fight us because we won't change it peacefully has been creating tensions and skirmishes. Just in case some northern elites are in doubt what will happen eventually is that people will fight them the way they fought the external British colonizers. They initially said if they deployed army to the SE and SS, then arrest leader of Massob or IPOB, there will be no protests and no oil infrastructure damage. It has since been proven that people are ready to die for the cause they believe in. let us not push the south to the wall and wait until they react to start addressing the issue of restructuring the federation fairly. If you wait for people to acquire arms before you address their concerns, it will be too late then. I don't expect Fulani hardliners to listen, but time shall tell the fate of Nigeria when it starts

9 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by Sweetguy25: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
The north is in a poverty trap. This means the next generation of northerners will also be poor. The burden of the north on Nigeria is crippling this country.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by profhezekiah: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2017
That is y they want to use everything to hold the country together

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by morbeta(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
Sanusi is God sent to the North, in fact the Moses that may lead them out of Egypt of darkness......if they agree.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by Foodex: 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
Anyway check my signature for your international delivery of your favourite Nigerian food products.
Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by Mentcee(m): 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
And the fool called Buhari knows this.

That's why he opposes any talk about restructuring.

I spit on the old monkey!
Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by omaguibu(m): 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thank God they know about this.
Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by acenazt: 7:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
Humans grow in the presence of adversity. I swear I am in support of The breakup

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by lagostokd: 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
Let him first disband his Hisbah religious police meddling in people's affairs in Kano. No civilised city uses religious police. Sanusi should stop being an hypocrite
Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2017
farem:
POLITICS ,
If we break Nigeria into components, Northern Nigeria will be the poorest – Sanusi
by Staff Writter
April 5, 2017, 12:40

Muhammadu Sanusi II, Emir of Kano, in his key note address during the opening ceremony of Kaduna state’s investment programme titled ‘Promoting Investment Amidst Economic Challenges’ says northern Nigeria will be the poorest if the country is broken into components.
The Emir made the disclosure at the second edition of the Kaduna Investment Forum, Kadinvest 2.0 in the state. He says the North east and west are the most poorest in the country and even in the world.
NAIJ.com reports that the Emir urged the region not to use the oil rich Niger delta, commercially viable Lagos and business oriented south east to mirror the living standard of the North.
Going further, he urged Muslims to imbibe education and stop using religion and culture to set the region backward.

“Other Muslim nations have put forward girl education. Other Muslim countries have pushed on.
We are fighting culture, we are fighting civilization.
You tell me that you should not write love book in northern Nigerian. He also says it is wrong to burn books of science based on religion.
“What is the crime of those books?” He asks. Going further, he questioned the right of people in having more children in the region without having the resource to take care of them.

Did anybody noticed he said commercially viable Lagos and not south west. Meaning outside Lagos every other state in the southwest na shalanga grin

Anyways, i have always liked Emir Sanusi for his forward thinking for his people even though i have my reservations about him, unlike that one that is trying to compete with Ajala the traveller while his house is burning. He cant sit down one place and plan a way out for his people.Even if it is "Vision 2050, No Brown roof Agenda." atleast that is a plan. He doesn't know where he belongs and who he worships. Today it is ogboni, tomorrow it is ifa, another day he is in the church collecting offering for Jesus, maybe next he will be worshiping usman dan fodio. like they say, you cant serve two masters/gods. Any dog with more than one master will stay hungry. Talk of a confused royal father who doesn't know his primary duty.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by DozieInc(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2017
Here it is.
The North needs the Niger-Delta, Lagos and South East to survive.

Their elite feeds on the illiteracy and poverty of the people to enhance their personal aggrandizement.

They should be ready to hold their leaders accountable, and stop the almajiri caste system.
Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by Iamwrath: 9:15am On Apr 06, 2017
I predict some people will come and jubilate , cum and insult on this thread

But i can tell you categorically that Emir just wants your opinions , If Nigeria should break, Some parts of the North will transform to Dubai while the other part will be like Syria ..

Don't quote me o abeg
Re: Northern Nigeria Will Be The Poorest If... – Emir Sanusi by MrGreenMavro: 9:53am On Apr 06, 2017
grin

(1) (Reply)

Naija Newspapers: Today's The Vanguard Newspaper Headlines [28 July, 2017]. / Isn't It Time For Us To Bring Back White People To Control Our Economy Like SA? / Bakare Tongue Lashes Buhari For Attending Kano's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.