Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi (3595 Views)

Coronavirus: FG Starts Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households - Farouk / Alabi Isama: North Has The Richest And Poorest People In Nigeria (Video) / If Nigeria Makes The Mistake Of Bringing Back Buhari In 2019 - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by igbosupremacist: 10:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
zxcvb:

Guy why is your Age inversely related to your sense of reasoning.. If u would not comment anything reasonable y comment?
You this bigot with animalistic tendencies!!
The topic is meant for us to ponder intellectually and you bring in your bigotry to this place... what a stupid tribalist you are and a big disgrace to whomever you represent!
With people like you I wonder if there's still hope for this nation!!
.That being said, We need people like Emir Sanusi up north to re orientate the whole region God bless you sir

I won't abuse you. from my moniker you should know that I am Igbo and people like me and Igbo's generally don't wont the progress but total dissolution and disintegration of this nation!

Nigeria can't be salvaged. the problem is not even the leaders but the foundation! the foundation needs to be destroyed and the house rebuilt!

Nigerians need to negotiate the unity and progress of this country and anything aside from that will lead to agitations such as baf......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by Ken4Christ: 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
I think if this man decides to contest for presidency, he will have the support of the South. He talks differently from the rest of his people. The only Emir that publicly declared his love for Jesus. The only Muslim in Nigeria that is advocating against child marriage. He is frank and bold. I just love him.

7 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by LordAdam16: 11:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ken4Christ:
I think if this man decides to contest for presidency, he will have the support of the South. He talks differently from the rest of his people. The only Emir that publicly declared his love for Jesus. The only Muslim in Nigeria that is advocating against child marriage. He is frank and bold. I just love him.

I don't know what happened to Sanusi after he ascended the throne of the Kano Emirate, but I hope that epiphany happens to a lot more influential Northerners.

Sanusi had always been a radical fundamentalist even until his days as the CBN governor. And I was livid considering that he is a very learned individual unlike his other fundamentalist compatriots like Buhari, Kwankwaso, and Ciroma. But since his ascension he has become a stern liberal. It's an exciting transformation. Even more so because he isn't doing this to curry political favor (like Atiku) or for external support.

I have always been an advocate of a people proffering the solutions to their problems and acting on them. Africans should be at the forefront of solving African problems. Muslims should be at the forefront of combating Islamic terrorism. And that's why I'm pleased that Sanusi is garnering attention for Northerners to solve Northern problems.

I sincerely hope this is the start of a revolutionary Northern movement and I wish Sanusi the best.

-Lord

10 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by NonFarmPayrol: 11:42pm On Apr 05, 2017
cool cool
Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by IJOBA2: 12:42am On Apr 06, 2017
igbosupremacist:
and these are the people that a region has decided to leak their ass eternally ?
cool

3 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by Blue3k(m): 1:12am On Apr 06, 2017
How much did he say at Kaduna invest? Anyway nobody going to kill the Emir. I have yet to see a Muslim criticise him on nairaland. Why does everyone see think he's going to killed.
Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by Desyner: 1:54am On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:
I don't buy it
The Emir is right. The north is highly dependent on allocations and has no structures to survive alone.

6 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by Nowenuse: 2:20am On Apr 06, 2017
Without Southern Nigeria. Hausa-fulani land would have been just like their brothers Niger republic.
Thank God that middlebelt states are making some progress and have left the core-north to keep on wallowing behind in their illiteracy and poverty.

5 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by 2016v2017: 2:33am On Apr 06, 2017
nothing but a naked and transparent truth

6 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by toofit007: 5:37am On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:
South Sudan and North Sudan is a case study

I would have buy into his ideas if he used the word poor in mindset

It's not about oil, Sea and solid minerals

Population is a factor

Let's take south south as a case study with all the oil what as changed?

nothing will ever change, even in 2000years to come simply because it is the wrong hands that are handling or controlling their resources. let the owners with the finest brain control their things and you will see rapid development. s don't come here to preach gooluck was their son for 6years, that maybe true but the forces that was dictating for good luck both from USA and Britain was something beyond his control. in fact, it got to a point good luck was just a figure head on that throne. even, that was the main reason he surrendered to buhari in that 2015 election, because those he believes that suppose to be his greatest allies have becomes his greatest enemy because they want to continually take charge of the oil and gas in biafra land. so the south south can only change if we have our freedom self *determination *

4 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by Kingspin(m): 6:17am On Apr 06, 2017
Dangote can feed you people forever since free resources from other hard working region is easy. Any meaningful person should support restructuring of Nigeria so that Emir and co could feed themselves at least.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by eddyroyal(m): 7:12am On Apr 06, 2017
Noneroone:

http://sunnewsonline.com/breaking-if-nigeria-is-broken-into-components-northern-nigeria-will-be-poorest-sanusi/

lalasticlala
One of the reason why we have uneven development in Nigeria especially in the North, is because of their ideology. They so much believe that anything that has to do with Western education is unholy. But however, if one should follow antecedent, it will be seen that the northern elite for instance the Emirs do send their children(especially the male children) abroad to acquire Western education. But funny enough,they (the religions leaders)will make the poor masses believe that Western education is a sin, and that it should be fought to a stand still at any cost. So therefore, if Emir Sanusi and other Northern elite who have passed through this western Education and also gain from it, can change the reasoning of the northerners, then in no distant time,the north will be competing favourably with other regions in terms of development.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by stonemasonn: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2017
The north needs a large enterprising middle class (not civil servants). You can't look up to the billionaires like Dangote, Dantata etc.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 06, 2017
Noneroone:

Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has said that should Nigerian be broken into smaller components today, the northern part of the country would be the poorest of the regions.
The Emir also urged Muslims to imbibe and adopt western education and stop using religion and culture to set the region backward.
Emir Sanusi said this in his key note address during the opening ceremony of Kaduna State’s investment ands economic summit (KADINVEST), titled ‘Promoting Investment Amidst Economic Challenges’.
The emir then urged that it would be wrong to mirror living standard in the north in line with the oil rich Niger Delta, commercially viable Lagos and business oriented south-east.
He also said that the North East and West are the most poorest in the country and even in the world.
Other Muslim countries have pushed on. We are fighting culture, we are fighting civilisation. You tell me that you should not write love book in northern Nigerian. He also says it is wrong to burn books of science based on religion.
“What is the crime of those books?” he asks. Going further, he questioned the right of people in having more children in the region without having the resource to take care of them.
“Of what benefit is it to the north, having three million children roaming about?” he asks.

http://sunnewsonline.com/breaking-if-nigeria-is-broken-into-components-northern-nigeria-will-be-poorest-sanusi/

lalasticlala

Did anybody noticed he said commercially viable Lagos and not south west. Meaning outside Lagos every other state in the southwest na toilet grin

Anyways, i have always liked Emir Sanusi for his forward thinking for his people even though i have my reservations about him, unlike that one that is trying to compete with Ajala the traveller while his house is burning. He cant sit down one place and plan a way out for his people.Even if it is "Vision 2050, No Brown roof Agenda." atleast that is a plan. He doesn't know where he belongs and who he worships. Today it is ogboni, tomorrow it is ifa, another day he is in the church collecting offering for Jesus, maybe next he will be worshiping usman dan fodio. like they say, you cant serve two masters/gods. Any dog with more than one master will stay hungry. Talk of a confused royal father who doesn't know his primary duty.
Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by daveson2020(m): 8:07am On Apr 06, 2017
United Nigeria or divided Nigeria is non of my business all i want is my biafra nation.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 06, 2017
xharder:

Did anybody noticed he said commercially viable Lagos and not south west. Meaning outside Lagos every other state in the southwest na toilet grin

Anyways, i have always liked Emir Sanusi for his forward thinking for his people even though i have my reservations about him, unlike that one that is trying to compete with Ajala the traveller while his house is burning. He cant sit down one place and plan a way out for his people.Even if it is "Vision 2050, No Brown roof Agenda." atleast that is a plan. He doesn't know where he belongs and who he worships. Today it is ogboni, tomorrow it is ifa, another day he is in the church collecting offering for Jesus, maybe next he will be worshiping usman dan fodio. like they say, you cant serve two masters/gods. Any dog with more than one master will stay hungry. Talk of a confused royal father who doesn't know his primary duty.

""Did anybody noticed he said commercially viable Lagos and not south west.""

Unfortunately, Lagos is a no man's land where every tribe, local and foreign organisations have it's representative and business interest

Even the lower percentage of locals are just like spectators in the field of play

It's almost impossible to compete in a business environment as a civil servant which is the main engagement of Lagos indegines or south Westerners as a whole
Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by igwebuike01: 11:33am On Apr 06, 2017
Noneroone:

lalasticlala
The Emir as an economist knows that only Lagos is viable in the western axis, therefore he did not lump it up with other poverty infested SW clinging on Nomansland to deceive themselves.
Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by igwebuike01: 11:36am On Apr 06, 2017
Archaa:

""Did anybody noticed he said commercially viable Lagos and not south west.""

Unfortunately, Lagos is a no man's land where every tribe, local and foreign organisations have it's representative and business interest

Even the lower percentage of locals are just like spectators in the field of play

It's almost impossible to compete in a business environment as a civil servant which is the main engagement of Lagos indegines or south Westerners as a whole
I noticed it and every discerning mind knows it. It is still the same Niger delta oil with business minded Igbos and foreigners that power Lagos and its environs
Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
igbosupremacist:
and these are the people that a region has decided to leak their ass eternally ?
I swear, you keyboard samurais will just kill yourself by drinking sniper one day. grin Keep venting your fury on nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:
South Sudan and North Sudan is a case study

I would have buy into his ideas if he used the word poor in mindset

It's not about oil, Sea and solid minerals

Population is a factor

Let's take south south as a case study with all the oil what as changed?

Using the two sudans as a case study ,the access to the sea at port Sudan on the red sea cannot be overstated.the south pays at least 10 dollars on every barrel passing thru khartoums pipelines lol. And that added to Sudan's already 150k barrels a day means a lot. Khartoum also has superior infrastructure and human cap. Coupled with access to Arab world investment and credit. So yes sea , minerals and oil come into matter a lot.
It doesn't become a factor when you're dealing with advanced service economies inundated with expertise( very Hugh human capital development ). Therefore until its Switzerland or Luxembourg we are talking about the above three things you mentioned mean life and death.
On an equal plane these minerals fund diversification and growth. Like they've done in the Arab world and in 1970s-2000s Nigeria. Business men getting import waivers, concessions from govt and generous credit terms and support from their sovereign has a lot to do with the financial health of the govt.In turn allowing for a general increased level of earnings of the general population that is in itself unproductive, sustained By oil rents.
If dangote was nigerien or Chadian these concessions would have been non existent and the market too. State aided/endorsed capitalism in this part of the world requires that a nation possesses at least one of the three.

Also before we start hypothesizing about Japan/Switzerland future possibilities. Please maintain a sense of pragmatism. Not even the more developed south (human cap, infrastructure and resources) can achieve such yet. Not to talk about the north ............

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aso Rock To Experience A Great Loss Soon - Prophet Sam / First Picture Of Buhari Surfaces Online After 68 Days In London [photo] / I Am No Criminal, I Did Special Jobs For Wike ~ Tompolo:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.