Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) (111993 Views)

Expanded Polystyrene And Some Of Its Application / Expanded Poly-Styrene As Alternative Building Material (parapet, POP, Etc) / ALTERNATIVE BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (RED INTERLOCKING BRICKS) COMPARATIVE COST ANALY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
views of completed project. with view from across the street.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by arrestdarrester: 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
Please what is the advantage this Parapet Roofing has over the regular roofing style of using facing-board? I have an ongoing project and I need to make a decision fast
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2017
arrestdarrester:
Please what is the advantage this Parapet Roofing has over the regular roofing style of using facing-board? I have an ongoing project and I need to make a decision fast

It adds aesthetic to the building design
It prevents Rodents from coming into the building from the external roof.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by arrestdarrester: 1:19am On Dec 20, 2017
Teewhy2:

It adds aesthetic to the building design
It prevents Rodents from coming into the building from the external roof.

Okaaaay...and how much should one estimate for an 8m by 16m duplex? Do you have an idea?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Sequoia(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hi teewhy,
Do you have any square or rectangular profiles?
i.e. where the parapet is a little flat and the end is rectangular? like Oga Spyder's Villa as attached!
Thanks,
Sequoia

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
Sequoia:
Hi teewhy,
Do you have any square or rectangular profiles?
i.e. where the parapet is a little flat and the end is rectangular? like Oga Spyder's Villa as attached!
Thanks,
Sequoia
Sir
All form of shapes can be achieved with the polystyrene but presently I don't have this design but if you can send be a sectional drawing with the dimensions you want. I can send it to the factory and give you a quote.
The factory has closed for the year now though.
Send the sectional drawing/sketch to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2017
This festive season is so much more than Christmas parties and gift giving. May your Christmas be filled with the true miracles and meaning of this beautiful time,May you feel all the love and joy I have for you throughout this festive season and all year round. Merry Christmas from all of us at Fruges Arena Ltd..
Thanks for making our year

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
arrestdarrester:

Okaaaay...and how much should one estimate for an 8m by 16m duplex? Do you have an idea?

Merry Christmas sir,
Sorry for just responding, does the building have recess or just the regular rectangular. Also what size of the polystyrene parapet do you prefer
300 x 300 mm
450 x 300 mm
400 x 400 mm
450 x 450 mm
Is it also the regular design or do you have a special design as these are the factors that affect the price.
You can send your architectural plan to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2018
To our numerous clients and future clients,
New Year has brought with it loads of opportunities to become the human being we have always wanted to be, also tough times (economy,) do not last and arrival of a fresh year at the end of December is a testimony to this fact. Even your tough phase will not last forever so never abandon hope and lose your confidence. Hope you are blessed with sunshine of laughter, new beam of energy and raindrops of happiness as you step into another brand New year. 2018 will be better than your previous years on earth, Happy New Year

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by izik31: 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2018
Teewhy2:
Look of joints
this is beautiful. do u instal base on meter? if yes, how much for a meter?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Flaghouse1: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
Teewhy2:
This festive season is so much more than Christmas parties and gift giving. May your Christmas be filled with the true miracles and meaning of this beautiful time,May you feel all the love and joy I have for you throughout this festive season and all year round. Merry Christmas from all of us at Fruges Arena Ltd..
Thanks for making our year

Wish you a success filled 2018,you have done well my friend keep up the good work

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by arrestdarrester: 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2018
Teewhy2:

Merry Christmas sir,
Sorry for just responding, does the building have recess or just the regular rectangular. Also what size of the polystyrene parapet do you prefer
300 x 300 mm
450 x 300 mm
400 x 400 mm
450 x 450 mm
Is it also the regular design or do you have a special design as these are the factors that affect the price.
You can send your architectural plan to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com

It is 8x16m regular rectangular design. Thank you.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by thirdi(m): 7:10pm On Jan 01, 2018
How do I get the inspection chambers and whats the cost
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by texasbullet(m): 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2018
Nice one
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:00am On Jan 04, 2018
Flaghouse1:

Wish you a success filled 2018,you have done well my friend keep up the good work

Thanks My Oga, wish you more grace and this year 2018 would be more successful and than your previous years.

texasbullet:
Nice one

Thanks for the comment sir. Compliment of the season.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:03am On Jan 04, 2018
thirdi:
How do I get the inspection chambers and whats the cost

Sir,
You can buy our 50 mm thick wired panel and cut to the size of the Inspection chambers you want. Kindly contact at frugesarenaltd@gmail.com for us to send you more details and cost.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2018
arrestdarrester:

It is 8x16m regular rectangular design. Thank you.

Sir,
sorry for the late response, with this dimension the total square meter is 48 Linear meters, I don't know if you added the roof eaves to the dimensions, with the standard design I mean if it is like this attached shape or you have a different design you prefer.
kindly send a mail to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com to enable us respond more urgently to your request.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by thirdi(m): 12:13am On Jan 05, 2018
Teewhy2:

Sir,
You can buy our 50 mm thick wired panel and cut to the size of the Inspection chambers you want. Kindly contact at frugesarenaltd@gmail.com for us to send you more details and cost.
. Sent U a mail
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2018
thirdi:
. Sent U a mail

Thanks Sir
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by lerry009ri: 7:52am On Jan 06, 2018
Good morning bros, please is it possible to install parravet to this completed building

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Flaghouse1: 7:58am On Jan 06, 2018
lerry009ri:
Good morning bros, please is it possible to install parravet to this completed building

In my opinion it's possible if only you will remove the roof and lay the parapet and install it back, just your call. " Money speaks"
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
lerry009ri:

Flaghouse1:

In my opinion it's possible if only you will remove the roof and lay the parapet and install it back, just your call. " Money speaks"

Good Morning sir,
sorry for just responding, It is possible to install polystyrene parapet on it without touching the main roof, the main challenge is that a carpenter will need to remove the wood eaves around the build with the aluminium cladding.
Also we would have to take measurement of the eaves to determine the size of parapet that will be used as the roof eaves dimensions might not go with a standard dimension.
I would have suggested a 300 x 300 roof eaves for this bungalow but I think the roof eaves might be more than 300 width.
Attached is a building that has parapet installed on it after roofing, what we only did was to give them the dimension of the parapet width.
Polystyrene parapet fixed on building that has roof beam casted with it is always more stronger and more durable than the ones fixed on the building without roof beam casted with it.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Femonjay(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
@Teewhy2.
Kindly drop your phone no here for proper communication.

I think it will be easy and fast to communicate through phone than email.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Flaghouse1: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
Teewhy2:

Good Morning sir,
sorry for just responding, It is possible to install polystyrene parapet on it without touching the main roof, the main challenge is that a carpenter will need to remove the wood eaves around the build with the aluminium cladding.
Also we would have to take measurement of the eaves to determine the size of parapet that will be used as the roof eaves dimensions might not go with a standard dimension.
I would have suggested a 300 x 300 roof eaves for this bungalow but I think the roof eaves might be more than 300 width.
Attached is a building that has parapet installed on it after roofing, what we only did was to give them the dimension of the parapet width.
Polystyrene parapet fixed on building that has roof beam casted with it is always more stronger and more durable than the ones fixed on the building without roof beam casted with it.

Nice to see this is doable, just believed there would be complications due to the fact that the roof has been installed before thinking of parapet installation. Thanks for the explanation as an expert in " Parapetology". grin cheesy grin
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2018
Femonjay:
@Teewhy2.
Kindly drop your phone no here for proper communication.

I think it will be easy and fast to communicate through phone than email.
Noted sir, will work on it.
Flaghouse1:

Nice to see this is doable, just believed there would be complications due to the fact that the roof has been installed before thinking of parapet installation. Thanks for the explanation as an expert in " Parapetology". grin cheesy grin
You welcome sir.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
its the second weekend in 2018, lets show you details of our recent installation.
This building has a Linear Meter of 99 meters. That is the perimeter of the building including roof eaves of 450.
The client has a special design which will were able to draw out and send to the factory for production.
Picture 01-03 view of the building before installation.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
Picture 01- showing polystyrene parapet to be installed.
Picture 02&03- Installer shaping angle of parapet at 45 degree.
picture 04 - Installer trying to set reference area for installation of polystyrene parapet.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2018
pictures showing some of the installation progress and some details of the installation.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
continuation of Installation process.
Pic 01 --- Attention is been paid to the joints of two different panels
Pic 02 --- View of a side of the building with polystyrene parapet installed.
Pic 03 --- Checking of the straightness of the installed parapet work.
Pic 04 --- Arial view of the installed work showing details of installation before casting of beams.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
work in progress views

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Follygunners: 9:07pm On Jan 23, 2018
Teewhy2. I sent you an email and awaiting your response. It's urgent before I go make some regrettable decisions or choice. 'Follysho707@yahoo.com'

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.