Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN (29642 Views)

Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs / Fines: CBN Deducts N5.61bn From Accounts Of Three Banks / Three Banks To Take Over Etisalat Nigeria Over N541.8 Billion Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Sijo01(f): 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
Why's the name of the banks not mentioned. The earlier the better o, to avoid storied that touch.
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Bizzyliss(m): 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
Gtbank senior bank
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Awoo88: 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
olrotimi:

Just like the warning signs of when Ponzi schemes wanna crash, lol. This one na temple bank run oooooo
This is a big warning signal especially the one said to be save. Just watch!!! If you want to withdraw over 3 million, you will all kind of excuses

1 Like

Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
No.
Na Keystone

davide470:
Diamond na SIB?

grin grin
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
Awoo88:
When you see reports like this, be very scare if you change in any of the save bank is substantial

You say?
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Awoo88: 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
WriteBoy:

You say?
If u get money wen make sense, remove am before you come on nairaland to lament how one bank is doing tonbotonbo

1 Like

Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
Awoo88:

If u get money wen make sense, remove am before you come on nairaland to lament how one bank is doing tonbotonbo

Okay, thanks. Go back and rewrite your initial comment -- it's headache inducing. Besides where do you think I should save N30M ?
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by amicable09(f): 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
TheRealAdonye:
No. Na Keystone
Quoted for future reference.
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Acidosis(m): 8:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
Wow,

..reminds me of a 20 page article I wrote on Capital Adequacy.
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
tunjijones:

Did u even read d post at all?
He used his browser search feature to scan the word "fidelity" and it returned no results. No time to read long epistles grin

1 Like

Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
amicable09:

Quoted for future reference.

There was/is a guy who uses this catch phrase on NL JV section
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by just2endowed: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2017
Banks not different from ponzi schemes if there were no government regulations
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Awoo88: 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
WriteBoy:

Okay, thanks. Go back and rewrite your initial comment -- it's headache inducing. Besides where do you think I should save N30M ?
I was trying to write 3 millions
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by promohouse(m): 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
GT BANK IS THE WORST BANK FOR NOW. ALWAYS DEDUCTING MONEY NO ADDITION.
WAITING TO PORT TO another BANK.
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
olrotimi:
Lemme guess .of the SIBs:
Skye
Diamond
Union( Forget that big, strong, reliable slogan, that one na stories that touch Buhari's kidneys. They have failed just like their number one customer - Buhari)
Oya BMC zombies coman beat me, I'm in club joker grin

Union Bank
Skye Bank
Fidelity Bank ( CBN may not sign their annual report this week)

1 Like

Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by amicable09(f): 8:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
tolusan:

There was/is a guy who uses this catch phrase on NL JV section
Lol. Yes, you still remember cheesy
I haven't seen the documentation officer in a while though, his archive must be full now cheesy
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by fairheven: 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
Too big to fail undecided?
How can you declear a bank too big to fail?
Which Nigerian bank is bigger than Royal Bank of Scotland that or even citi bank of US which nearly went under administration if not for cash injection from bank of England and federal reserve respectively?
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Flakky26(f): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
PaperLace:

Nigerians no dey ever like to repay loan. Yet they expect banks to give them funds...toor!

They shouldn't cripple the banking sector biko. Banking sector caters for a large number of the workforce and job seekers. Unemployment rate was at 2digits as at Q4 of 2016, due to how the economy affected companies _including banks. They didn't recruit, they downsized! If it continues like this...it's well smiley

even the so called funds given out by banks as loans are mostly stolen wealth of the politicians.
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by kaboninc(m): 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2017
amicable09:

Lol. Yes, you still remember cheesy
I haven't seen the documentation officer in a while though, his archive must be full now cheesy

cool cool
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by kaboninc(m): 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2017
Flakky26:

even the so called funds given out by banks as loans are mostly stolen wealth of the politicians.

Hian!

Nothing one wee not read on Nairaland!
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by kaboninc(m): 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
fairheven:
Too big to fail undecided?
How can you declear a bank too big to fail?
Which Nigerian bank is bigger than Royal Bank of Scotland that or even citi bank of US which nearly went under administration if not for cash injection from bank of England and federal reserve respectively?

Too big to fail.. .means the CBN guys can't afford a failure..

They'll rather pump in all the cash in their vault than allow the Bank fail.

Same applies to Citi Bank you just mentioned.. .its too big to fail and when it was distressed, the government had to bail them out.. ..

So the answer to your question can be found in your own statement
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by kaboninc(m): 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
Keneking:

Union Bank
Skye Bank
Fidelity Bank ( CBN may not sign their annual report this week)

Skye, Diamond and First Bank
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by amicable09(f): 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2017
kaboninc:

cool cool
Nah, not you grin I see you everywhere causing commotion cheesy
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by kaboninc(m): 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
Sijo01:
Why's the name of the banks not mentioned. The earlier the better o, to avoid storied that touch.

It's best the names are not mention.. ..

Can't imagine the panic it will create.. .
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by kaboninc(m): 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
amicable09:

Nah, not you grin
I see you everywhere causing commotion cheesy

You that was asking "who is this?"

I wonder where you see me..
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by iyaegin: 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2017
Its most surely Skye from the SIB n den First or Diamond bank.the third bank not an SIB is surely Heritage.
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by Odelola01(m): 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2017
Sunnynwa:
Skye bank, First bank and Heritage bank
shocked
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by sshalom(m): 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
The banks get into trouble due to poor management and systemic failure in risk analysis. Imagine a bank granting loan in excess of N200Billion to the chairman of it's board.

Lack of proper corporate governance is also a major source of financial rascality being perpetrated in the industry. Once all these are stringently tackled, the financial system will be more stable and sustainable.
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by igwedubai2(m): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
CAT meaning is case awaiting trial
Re: Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN by dahunsy(f): 10:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
Thank God, Atiba Iyalamu Microfinance bank was certified OK

Coughs*** clears throat# Ara ilorin enle faaaa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Manufactures Toothpicks (Photos) / Investment Opportunity In Packaged Water Business / 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.