Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? (2529 Views)

Poll: What If Your God Is Not The Real God?

This is arrant nonsense! My God is the TRUE and ONLY god: 48% (14 votes)
Ha! Serves those believers right!: 27% (8 votes)
I would accept it. At least I believed in something.: 17% (5 votes)
What a pity! After all the money I spent in tithes.: 0% (0 votes)
I would kill myself despite I am already dead!: 6% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

"I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid / If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? / I'm Afraid I Will Die And Find Out Christians Or Jews Were Right And Not Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2007
What will you do if after you have spent your entire life being a devoted Christian, Muslim, Jew or anyother religion follower, you find out that the god you believed in is not actually the right one?

In my opinion you all will rot in hell just like us who never believed in any god. The difference will be that we all already knew our fate but I guess it will be great shock for you!  shocked
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by KAG: 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2007
michelin89:

What will you do if after you have spent your entire life being a devoted Christian, Muslim, Jew or anyother religion follower, you find out that the god you believed in is not actually the right one?

In my opinion you all will rot in hell just like us who never believed in any god. The difference will be that we all already knew our fate but I guess it will be great shock for you! shocked

Lol, probably look for Pascal and beat the shit out of him (even though poor interpretation might have played a part). Anyway, I'm not going to any hell.

P.S. I chose I'd kill myself again - I take your reality and substitute it with mine.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by goodguy(m): 7:58pm On Jan 25, 2007
It can and will only remain as you've queried -- "What if. . .?" wink
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by English1(f): 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2007
lol, love this question and the poll options cheesy.

I've often wondered this myself. Every religion seems so sure that it is the one and only way to heaven. They can't all be the one and only way. So what happens to the ones who picked the wrong horse to back?
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by manmustwac(m): 12:30am On Oct 16, 2008
@post
very good question but it dosen't apply to someone who dosen't believe in any God
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by PastorAIO: 1:31am On Oct 16, 2008
manmustwac:

@post
very good question but it dosen't apply to someone who dosen't believe in any God

I quite agree. What is believed in are Concepts of God.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Lady2(f): 2:04am On Oct 16, 2008

I happen to know for a fact that I believe in the right one. So not scared and not expecting any changes there.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by mazaje(m): 11:45am On Oct 18, 2008
~Lady~:

I happen to know for a fact that I believe in the right one. So not scared and not expecting any changes there.

Can you show us any evidence? apart from the bible how can you prove to us beyond reasonable doubt that jehova is better than allah? have u ever meet any of them? how do you know? what makes jehova better than allah?
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2008
Who is God?
What is the nature of God?
Where is God?
What happens when we die?
How can anyone be certain?
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by manmustwac(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2008
~Lady~:

You don't know Lady. You onliy believe because religion is not based on facts only belief and faith
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2010
i really love that question.but am not going to answer it.because i really hope something like this can never happen.it dare not happen.oh i said it shall not happen.it is even compulsory for it not to happen.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by manmustwac(m): 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2010
Since it is inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong.

Christopher Hutchens
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by karo93: 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2010
seeing that i live a life of love to my neighbor and keeping from anything the society or reasonable people frown out[disregarding my religion], i don't think i deserve to be punished EVEN IF i worship a false god.

and if i am punished by a god who claims to be just then i would take it i good faith knowing he is not who he claims to be.

I WILL NOT REGRET
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
Pascals wager said if believers are wrong about their belief in god/then nothing happens in the end,but if atheists were to be wrong,they risk going to hell.
Since i stand to loose nothing if no god/God exists then i prefer to remain a believer than an unbeliever with no life line if a god/God actual exist
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by benodic: 1:54am On Mar 30, 2010
i guess this is what makes Eckankar different.

for us Eckist there is no uncertainty or buts about life or the hereafter.

through soul travel you can visit the many heavens of God while still alive.

by the time of translation( i.e death) of an Eckist comes he already knows which of the planes he will be residing in depending on his level of spiritual growth.

it could be the first, second, third, fourth heaven etc.

you do not have to believe what i said but you can prove it for yourself if you want to.

the key lies in having a loving heart and doing the spiritual exercises.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:23am On Mar 30, 2010
[size=13pt]wowwwwwwwww i like the arrangement on VOTE. . . Yeah , this is an interesting thread , before i share my path of view even though , i dont save GOD i would love to seek the attention of all. . . the GOD worshipers and most especially the Christians .

Please. . . . don't be in a hurry to drop a badmouth post , always learn to share with people from different angle so that you can teach and learn from each other .
[/size]
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by jagunlabi(m): 7:44am On Mar 30, 2010
Are you troubled by the Pascal's wager?Not to worry.To be on the safe side, follow the method of this man,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJpZOljjG8
You can't go wrong at the pearly gate. grin
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 30, 2010
I believe is good to share with&learn from others,but when what is being offered is similar to insanity,one must surely walk away from madness.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by nuella2(f): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2010
karo93:

seeing that i live a life of love to my neighbor and keeping from anything the society or reasonable people frown out[disregarding my religion], i don't think i deserve to be punished EVEN IF i worship a false god.

and if i am punished by a god who claims to be just then i would take it i good faith knowing he is not who he claims to be.

I WILL NOT REGRET

Which bible are you studying? Abi you are not a christain again? I cant believe you wrote those words in red, if you are a christian. You do not know,respect or reverence the God you claim to worship and is a shame.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by karo93: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2010
nuella2
i knw my God and i dnt blame ur reply but i was only giving the best answr to d question.for som1 who is in christianity like me i cant doubt d power of God so dont sweat it.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by nuella2(f): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2010
karo93:

nuella2
i knw my God and i dnt blame your reply but i was only giving the best answr to d question.for som1 who is in christianity like me i cant doubt d power of God so dont sweat it.

No stress if you say so, just remember that your post has alot to say about you at all times. You know a man by the character of his words. My advice always say what you mean and mean what you say.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by viaro: 11:45am On Mar 30, 2010
manmustwac:

Since it is inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong.

Christopher Hutchens

Please tell Hitchens this:

Since it is inconceivable that all ATHEISMS can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong.

- viaro.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by viaro: 11:47am On Mar 30, 2010
michelin89:

In my opinion you all will rot in hell just like us who never believed in any god.

So em . . . as an atheist, do you really believe you will rot in hell?? grin
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Tonyet1(m): 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2010
The topic will surely be the case for some religious believers but certainly not those who worship the TRUE GOD
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by sonya4all(m): 9:00am On Mar 31, 2010
If that happens,i will not regret it because the God i believed in(jesus)was a peaceful God that doesnt allow his followers 2 ferment trouble just like the other,if you knw what i mean
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2010
[size=13pt]You're right friend. . . .your post is true and i like it. smiley[/size]
toba:

I believe is good to share with&learn from others,but when what is being offered is similar to insanity,one must surely walk away from madness.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 25, 2010
LOL a wah di backside? grin

this thread is hilarious.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Joagbaje(m): 7:26am On Dec 25, 2010
It's out of the question.Apart from the inner witness of the reality of God. The physical  proof and witness of the power of God is enough to clear every doubt .The prophecies of the bible which are had  historica fulfilmen , the prophecies we are being fulfiled in our time and the prophecies of the future that is unfolding daily are proofs . Not to talk about the healings and miracles.  The casting out of devils, the gifts of the spirit , like Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom,l If there's a other God, he would have manifested himself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Kingdom Of Heaven / What Prophet Isaiah Prophesied About Gay Parade / Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.