Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (721247 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by fashmann(m): 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
TheHistorian:

UI offers Communication and Language Arts (CLA) not Mass Communication.

The two courses are very similar if not the same.

Cut off last year was 62.91.I doubt if that's achievable for her. cry

The great historian

Weldone sir!!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by olawuyi12(m): 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
Aspiring UI candidates should contact me for enquiries as regards their admission processes.
Polymath research institute university of Ibadan
Convoker of the revolutionary docket.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by teolagacy(m): 12:36am On Jul 22, 2017
Guys.... I had an A1 in commerce,b3s' in economics, govt and maths the c5 in English and Accounting..... Dunno how ui selects the required o'level subjects for screening but I will prefer commerce in place of Accounting cuz I will be on a safer side ..... Had 252 in my UTME and gunning for Economics
Cc:theHistorian
DokitaDave
Oldfoolnigger and other bosses
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 1:08am On Jul 22, 2017
teolagacy:
Guys.... I had an A1 in commerce,b3s' in economics, govt and maths the c5 in English and Accounting..... Dunno how ui selects the required o'level subjects for screening but I will prefer commerce in place of Accounting cuz I will be on a safer side ..... Had 252 in my UTME and gunning for Economics
Cc:theHistorian
DokitaDave
Oldfoolnigger and other bosses
U have no problem with commerce at all.

I believe there will be no problem if u use it in place of accounting.

check how to calculate ur aggregate on the first page of this thread.

Before then,let's wait for contributions of other bosses here.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by teolagacy(m): 1:12am On Jul 22, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
U have no problem with commerce at all.

I believe there will be no problem if u use it in place of accounting.

check how to calculate ur aggregate on the first page of this thread.

Before then,let's wait for contributions of other bosses here.

OK..... So the candidate selects the o'level they want for screening?? ...... If am to use commerce in place of Accounting my aggregate will be 64.8
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 1:22am On Jul 22, 2017
teolagacy:
OK..... So the candidate selects the o'level they want for screening?? ...... If am to use commerce in place of Accounting my aggregate will be 64.8
As of last year,candidates were allowed to add one more subject to their jamb combo making it five in total.
such subject must relate to ur course of study..
some were not given admission even though ,they met cutoff cos of wrong subject (s) uploaded during online screening
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 22, 2017
babsir:

You can change it yourself even with on your mobile phone(android/windows/ipones) not java or symbian o.
Did mine with my phone and it was easy and fast.

I tried it, but the link for change of institution was'nt opening, but other like DOB, LGA are opening
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 1:29am On Jul 22, 2017
Keshinr0:

I tried it, but the link for change of institution was'nt opening, but other like DOB, LGA are opening
save ur self the stress and visit any CBT center or even cyber cafes
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by teolagacy(m): 1:32am On Jul 22, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
As of last year,candidates were allowed to add one more subject to their jamb combo making it five in total.
such subject must relate to ur course of study..
some were not given admission even though ,they met cutoff cos of wrong subject (s) uploaded during online screening
thanks bruh.... You've been helpful..... Can you add me to the whatsapp group.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rapsaint2991: 1:51am On Jul 22, 2017
pls does UI give candidates 10 points for using only one sitting in either waec/neco?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 1:58am On Jul 22, 2017
Rapsaint2991:
pls does UI give candidates 10 points for using only one sitting in either waec/neco?
Sir.

There is nothing of such in UI.

But when you use 2 O'level results..You have a decreased points too.

Besides..Almost all applicants parade a single sitting O'level.Gone are those days when Single Sitting seem unachievable.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 2:11am On Jul 22, 2017
teolagacy:
Cc:theHisto....rian
DokitaDa...ve
Oldfooln...igger and other bosses
"5 ‘O’ level subjects at one sitting or 6 ‘O’ level subjects at 2 sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any two / three of Arts, Social Sciences or Science."

Culled from UI's official website.O'level requirements for Economics.

Note that Economics' cut off for last year admission was 62.58.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2017
teolagacy:
thanks bruh.... You've been helpful..... Can you add me to the whatsapp group.
Drop ur number so that Historian can add u up.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2017
TheHistorian:

Sir.

There is nothing of such in UI.

But when you use 2 O'level results..You have a decreased points too.

Besides..Almost all applicants parade a single sitting O'level.Gone are those days when Single Sitting seem unachievable.

you're right sir. Now that everyone knows the demerits of presenting 2 sittings... Admission no b beans again fa

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
Bobola,EngrBello.
help this fellow with his question.
can he use f.maths in place of physics or chemistry for mec.engine since he had more nice grade in it?
that's a dangerous move...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rapsaint2991: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2017
what are the o"level requirements to study sociology in ui?...kindly help with the jamb subject combination too..thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Good afternoon all, please has the online screening registration started? And who also knows about the predegree or diploma form in UI? Very urgent reply is needed I want to pickup the form for my sister if still available. Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
EngrBello:

that's a dangerous move...

i dey tell u...

Maths eng phy chem and furthermaths shud be the ideal combo for mech engine.... But let the person visit ui.edu.ng
the school released their brochure for courses.

Pls he shudnt make mistake of combo oh...some folks crossed cutoffs last yr but incorrect combo cost them their admission
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
bolarinnwa:
Good afternoon all, please has the online screening registration started? And who also knows about the predegree or diploma form in UI? Very urgent reply is needed I want to pickup the form for my sister if still available. Thanks

UI doesnt do pre-degree program, i don't think am sure of Diploma.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bobola07:

i dey tell u...

Maths eng phy chem and furthermaths shud be the ideal combo for mech engine.... But let the person visit ui.edu.ng
the school released their brochure for courses.

Pls he shudnt make mistake of combo oh...some folks crossed cutoffs last yr but incorrect combo cost them their admission
that's exactly what am saying
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bobola07:

UI doesnt do pre-degree program, i don't think am sure of Diploma.
ui have a program called A level...it's more better than predegree
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by breellzhacks(m): 7:08am On Jul 23, 2017
I nid advice guys, my aggrt point is 63.9 and d cut off 4 compsci last yr was 63.5. what r my chances of securing admission and if i shd change to statistics would i be able to cross later
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by dialoaded(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2017
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2017
CondomSir:

Your friend should change to Philosophy.
Other courses he/she can change to include;
Music,
Adult Education,
Edu Management,
Guidance And Counselling,
Human Kinetics,
Special Education.

Cheers..
literature is needed in philosophy..nd she failed literature
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
donblazer10:
literature is needed in philosophy..nd she failed literature

I like to do my research before posting online. Except you are a student or you have visited the admission office and they said otherwise, this is what UI has on her website and it was released earlier this year. Only one art subject is compulsory and not necessarily literature. She has CRS, French..

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
Rapsaint2991:
what are the o"level requirements to study sociology in ui?...kindly help with the jamb subject combination too..thanks

UTME
English Language and any other three subjects from Arts, Science or Social Sciences.

O'LEVEL
5 'O' level subjects at one sitting or 6 'O' level subjects at two sittings to include: English Language and any other subjects from Arts, Science or Social Sciences.

CULLED from UI's official website.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
CondomSir:

I like to do my research before posting online. Except you are a student or you have visited the admission office and they said otherwise, this is what UI has on her website and it was released earlier this year. Only one art subject is compulsory and not necessarily literature. She has CRS, French..
ok..
What if someone wrote..english..crs..literature and Govt..nd chose philosophy.. Is that combination good?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
CondomSir:

ok..
What is some wrote..engine..cars..literature and Govt..nd chose philosophy.. Is that combination good?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
CondomSir:

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
donblazer10:
ok..
What if someone wrote..english..crs..literature and Govt..nd chose philosophy.. Is that combination good?
YES,It is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)