Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (721872 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 7:04am On Aug 02, 2017
babablogger:
I can't stop laughing because bringing back Putme doesn't mean students performances would improve and I believe the jamb and waec combo criteria is tougher than the Putme criteria

And incase you don't know it's most freshers get carried away with the Euphoria of getting into the university but unlike polytechnics you still have at least 3 years to correct that

And all those saying the student failed you mean they didn't perform well because they passed jamb and waec but didn't write UTME

So in the whole federation na for only UI freshers dey fail ?

Saying students failed because there was no PUTME is sham.

Before now you can get 200 in Jamb and still get MMBS but now ehn you no fit reason am

Cc oldfoolnigger vanv Rayman1000 Engrbello condomsir thehistorian

God Bless You.

That's not an excuse at all.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2017
EngrBello:

Actually,we can't compare unilag academics level with UI(its like comparing kerosene with Acetylene)
you could see yourself that UNILAG accept less than 50 for some courses,whereas UI does not...it's all about maintaining a Standard Academics Level which Ui gives much preferences for.

issues of p.utme after some schools has already commence their screening is nothing....are we not here¿ when some schools started selling screening forms even when JAMB coc/coi is yet to be open then¡

Any University can decide on whatsoever they like,so far we still in Nigeria ( wherepolitics has ruined Main POW and EVERYTHINGER)
no one to control these schools even self the acclaimed Minister of Education is as corrupt asCIP founders.

Why can't you compare UI with Unilag?
undecided

Stop over-hyping UI jae.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2017
EngrBello:

Actually,we can't compare unilag academics level with UI(its like comparing kerosene with Acetylene)
you could see yourself that UNILAG accept less than 50 for some courses,whereas UI does not...it's all about maintaining a Standard Academics Level which Ui gives much preferences for.

issues of p.utme after some schools has already commence their screening is nothing....are we not here¿ when some schools started selling screening forms even when JAMB coc/coi is yet to be open then¡

Any University can decide on whatsoever they like,so far we still in Nigeria ( wherepolitics has ruined Main POW and EVERYTHINGER)
no one to control these schools even self the acclaimed Minister of Education is as corrupt asCIP founders.
you stated some schools are selling screening form before Coi/ Coc but did the school close down the sale of forms before the coc/coi was released

And your mentality of don't compare UI to Unilag lol Pele o na this kain thing people dey carry go school UI believing the institution is tough I need you to check the meaning of Placebo and nocebo

Then thank me Later
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 7:50am On Aug 02, 2017
babablogger:
you stated some schools are selling screening form before Coi/ Coc but did the school close down the sale of forms before the coc/coi was released

And your mentality of don't compare UI to Unilag lol Pele o na this kain thing people dey carry go school UI believing the institution is tough I need you to check the meaning of Placebo and nocebo

Then thank me Later

Unilag is just tiush and nothing else special(to me)
but no time for us to start argument,fam

if you don't agree with me¿ then I agree with you.
stay happy!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 7:58am On Aug 02, 2017
Rayman1000:
I think the news isn't really tho because ui cannot decide bow that they want to change back to post UTME when other schools are almost if not already done with screening, I heard kwara state uni had even released 1st list so why would ui just wake up and say they want to conduct a post UTME. Plus they can't tell me it's based on students performance saying not more than half students are performing well because if that's the case, you should go and see unilag students results and come back with testimonies. I know a lot of people in this group had read there butts out to secure a good UTME score and so on and a lot of people on this group should be above average. Plus ui has not even finished conducting their exams for 1st semester exams, so it's definitely not about students performance, what do you think? Also am not saying post UTME is a bad idea but if be the case, I have sha secured my admission there. Cc thehistorian Rursh engrbello CondomSir Ajet001 and others

not only you Raymon1000....
Have also secured my admission too....100%
p.utme or any other screening will be a walk over for us.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 8:02am On Aug 02, 2017
EngrBello:

stay happy!

Lol.
So its UI that's special abi..
Issorite.

Like you said, no need to argue.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 8:04am On Aug 02, 2017
EngrBello:

not only you Raymon1000....
Have also secured my admission too....100%
p.utme or any other screening will be a walk over for us.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Ximenez(m): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2017
Rayman1000:
I think the news isn't really tho because ui cannot decide bow that they want to change back to post UTME when other schools are almost if not already done with screening, I heard kwara state uni had even released 1st list so why would ui just wake up and say they want to conduct a post UTME. Plus they can't tell me it's based on students performance saying not more than half students are performing well because if that's the case, you should go and see unilag students results and come back with testimonies. I know a lot of people in this group had read there butts out to secure a good UTME score and so on and a lot of people on this group should be above average. Plus ui has not even finished conducting their exams for 1st semester exams, so it's definitely not about students performance, what do you think? Also am not saying post UTME is a bad idea but if be the case, I have sha secured my admission there. Cc thehistorian Rursh engrbello CondomSir Ajet001 and others
It's the same almost everywhere, the scrapping of post ume was a bad idea to begin with. Jamb result is still credible to an extent but WAEC is not even close, some schools conducted post utme exam last year, why some schools that didn't conduct last year have already made their intention to conduct known, in fact some of them have already given dates to their candidates, giving the poor performances by the last intake as a reason for that

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2017
babablogger:
I can't stop laughing because bringing back Putme doesn't mean students performances would improve and I believe the jamb and waec combo criteria is tougher than the Putme criteria

And incase you don't know it's most freshers get carried away with the Euphoria of getting into the university but unlike polytechnics you still have at least 3 years to correct that

And all those saying the student failed you mean they didn't perform well because they passed jamb and waec but didn't write UTME

So in the whole federation na for only UI freshers dey fail ?

Saying students failed because there was no PUTME is sham.

Before now you can get 200 in Jamb and still get MMBS but now ehn you no fit reason am

Cc oldfoolnigger vanv Rayman1000 Engrbello condomsir thehistorian
[b] Stats is there for u.

Prior, ui used point system with the hope that it will provide panacea to students meagre performance but,it never worked .
They once used 60:40 ratio in favour of waec,it failed woefully.
They later used 50:50 ratio,that one two was a monumental failure.

At a point, they used oral screening.
During the time of this last one,it was said that a lady with 8As in her olevel and 280+ in jamb aspiring for economics could not even attempt a bit in providing answer to what was common GDP thrown at her by the interviewer.
She later confessed of not being the one that wrote the exams she was parading their results.

It seems like God has finally answered ui prayers when they introduced post ume cos throughout the era of post ume,students performance improved tremendously.
The rate of withdrawal reduced drastically unlike point system era that students were withdrawed from ui in their bunches.

Just last year that point system was introduced again and the same ugly incidents that reared its ugly head during ui first point system show up again and u want us to believe that post ume is not the best answer or way to admit folks who merited the slots they would be occupying?

The truth is that waec and jamb has lost their credibility though, there were some lil improvement on the latter this year.

People are there retaking waec with the aim of making all round As at all cost(same people will still apply to such school as ui and u want ui to admit them when there are real hardworking folks out there who only managed to make Bs or Cs with their own effort?.U want ui to keep recycling poo?).
The quality of students there contribute greatly to UI present status and ratings worldwide.

U want ui to keep withdrawing students on yearly basis?
I bet u don't know its effects to the name UNIBADAN.

Someone had 280 + in jamb and could only manage to get 12 in ui post ume and u want us to believe that post ume is not a good way of admitting students compare to this present point system?

Admission slots are meant for the best!
Admission slots are meant to be competative!

If u could make all round As in ur olevel and 280+ in jamb,I wonder why u would be afraid to write post ume!
Go and prove ur worthy there.
Post ume provides fair ground to all and sundries.

Any method ui adopts,rocks my " shoes"[/b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holywahala19(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
[b] Stats is there for u.

Prior, ui used point system with the hope that it will provide panacea to students meagre performance but,it never worked .
They once used 60:40 ratio in favour of waec,it failed woefully.
They later used 50:50 ratio,that one two was a monumental failure.

At a point, they used oral screening.
During the time of this last one,it was said that a lady with 8As in her olevel and 280+ in jamb aspiring for economics could not even attempt a bit in providing answer to what was common GDP thrown at her by the interviewer.
She later confessed of not being the one that wrote the exams she was parading their results.

It seems like God has finally answered ui prayers when they introduced post ume cos throughout the era of post ume,students performance improved tremendously.
The rate of withdrawal reduced drastically unlike point system era that students were withdrawed from ui in their bunches.

Just last year that point system was introduced again and the same ugly incidents that reared its ugly head during ui first point system show up again and u want us to believe that post ume is not the best answer or way to admit folks who merited the slots they would be occupying?

The truth is that waec and jamb has lost their credibility though, there were some lil improvement on the latter this year.

People are there retaking waec with the aim of making all round As at all cost(same people will still apply to such school as ui and u want ui to admit them when there are real hardworking folks out there who only managed to make Bs or Cs with their own effort?.U want ui to keep recycling poo?).
The quality of students there contribute greatly to UI present status and ratings worldwide.

U want ui to keep withdrawing students on yearly basis?
I bet u don't know its effects to the name UNIBADAN.

Someone had 280 + in jamb and could only manage to get 12 in ui post ume and u want us to believe that post ume is not a good way of admitting students compare to this present point system?

Admission slots are meant for the best!
Admission slots are meant to be competative!

If u could make all round As in ur olevel and 280+ in jamb,I wonder why u would be afraid to write post ume!
Go and prove ur worthy there.
Post ume provides fair ground to all and sundries.

Any method ui adopts,rocks my " shoes"[/b]
always making sense.
Nice one
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Ximenez(m): 8:47am On Aug 02, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
The truth is that FG is the only factor holding them down
Sorry, FG can't do anything if the school or ASUU insist with reasons. The major reason why the minister decided to put a stop to post ume was because of additional cost, but in the end the schools were still charging the same amount or more for screening.

The bottom line is that 60% of schools will conduct post utme exam this year, while out of the 40% that won't conduct private schools will make up 95% of the 40. But one thing I'm certain of is that UI's admission won't be just about Olevel and jamb result, so apologies to those who have worked hard to go and write another waec and to those who have paid a lot of money to miracle centers to get 9 A1s and 200 UTME score

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 02, 2017
Many peeps who have more Cs in their O'level will definitely support post utme tests while the ones with good looking results will support the point system. Anyways, I neither have an ugly results nor a good looking one grin

My own is if they will truly be conducting tests this year, they should make it known this week so that serious students can engage their gears.

And the fact is, UI test this year will be harder than ever before, especially for we phychemmaths peeps. I could remember in 2015 when the exam was made so tough just to admit 3000 out of 19000 that scored 200 and above in UTME. It will be much harder this time around when almost everyone scored above 200. The best thing they could do is use aggregate of UME and the post UME score. They shouldn't make it be like before when 290 was equivalent to 201.

I can't come and score 48/100 again oo grin

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2017
CondomSir:
Many peeps who have more Cs in their O'level will definitely support post utme tests while the ones with good looking results will support the point system. Anyways, I neither have an ugly results nor a good looking one grin

My own is if they will truly be conducting tests this year, they should make it known this week so that serious students can engage their gears.

And the fact is, UI test this year will be harder than ever before, especially for we phychemmaths peeps. I could remember in 2015 when the exam was made so tough just to admit 3000 out of 19000 that scored 200 and above in UTME. It will be much harder this time around when almost everyone scored above 200. The best thing they could do is use aggregate of UME and the post UME score. They shouldn't make it be like before when 290 was equivalent to 201.

lol..exactly..those pple wey dy shout postutme go regret am..they think UI exam is cheap..I jst pity some pple..if they had good grades in their waec they won't have come here to spill trash bout postutme..I'm still waiting fr someone that has As and bs in waec nd is also in support of post utme..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 9:38am On Aug 02, 2017
EngrBello:

stay happy!
I have a degree from Unilag so it's not just about being tuuussh bro
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2017
All I knw is if the news is true UI would have made it official in their website..it's jst a rumour being spread by students with low waec grades

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2017
donblazer10:
lol..exactly..those pple wey dy shout postutme go regret am..they think UI exam is cheap..I jst pity some pple..if they had good grades in their waec they won't have come here to spill trash bout postutme..I'm still waiting fr someone that has As and bs in waec nd is also in support of post utme..
anyone they adopt no prob I wrote UI putme 2 twice which I passed and but couldn't go cause I was in 300/400 level respectively

I still do not understand why people think the post Utme will make a diff and about the credibility of jamb baba oldfoolnigger I can bet this was the most credible jamb in 15 years

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2017
donblazer10:
All I knw is if the news is true UI would have made it official in their website..it's jst a rumour being spread by students with low waec grades
and people wey no pass Olevel well gone are the days when you get happy for scoring 200 in jamb and all credit in waec now students will read well

I have a friend who has been writing waec, gce and neco since 2011 the guy paper never complete and he nver wrote one himself na always special centre.

To me I believe if you pass your exam through the back door to enter UI there is no way you will cope so it's just that simple.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 9:58am On Aug 02, 2017
babablogger:
anyone they adopt no prob I wrote UI putme 2 twice which I passed and but couldn't go cause I was in 300/400 level respectively

I still do not understand why people think the post Utme will make a diff and about the credibility of jamb baba oldfoolnigger I can bet this was the most credible jamb in 15 years
because you were in 300/400level I don't understand that sentence
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by GentlemanAyo(m): 10:27am On Aug 02, 2017
CondomSir:

Only if you see it that way. Post UTME places everybody at the same level and to me that is fair enough. To some extent I trust the credibility of jamb result but WAEC lai lai. We know what is happening now, abi is it not WAEC? I said it in an earlier post that a younger brother to a friend gained admission to study Medicine and Surgery in 2014. This was possible because of Post UTME, the boy would not have gained that admission if point system was used. Though he had a good jamb score (282), his WAEC result won't let him qualify for the course. Point system is a trash, but e no concern me sha o. UI use any method you want, our last child will gain admission to LAW.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2017
GentlemanAyo:

Only if you see it that way. Post UTME places everybody at the same level and to me that is fair enough. To some extent I trust the credibility of jamb result but WAEC lai lai. We know what is happening now, abi is it not WAEC? I said it in an earlier post that a younger brother to a friend gained admission to study Medicine and Surgery in 2014. This was possible because of Post UTME, the boy would not have gained that admission if point system was used. Though he had a good jamb score (282), his WAEC result won't let him qualify for the course. Point system is a trash, but e no concern me sha o. UI use any method you want, our last child will gain admission to LAW.
I hope your last child is a genius grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by GentlemanAyo(m): 10:39am On Aug 02, 2017
CondomSir:
I hope your last child is a genius grin
Very well, I'm not bragging or something, our eldest is a Medical Doctor, I studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering, younger brother studying Medicine and surgery in UI. Nothing can stop her after 276 and 5 As, 3Bs, and a C in WAEC all by her effort. I trust that girl too much not to have the highest Post UTME score. I dare UI to conduct Post UTME, lol.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Ximenez(m): 10:40am On Aug 02, 2017
Everybody always support what will suit them, the same way people with Good olevel grades were happy last year, when the rumor of post ume scrapping and point system started.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 11:07am On Aug 02, 2017
GentlemanAyo:

dude..everybody is supporting wah will favour them..stop saying it as if that's the best way..bcs even bfr they cancelled post utme some students that gained still got eradicated in their first year bcs of poor result..lol you trust the credibility of jamb funny..jamb has more runs going on than waec if you don't know
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Seanpierce: 11:07am On Aug 02, 2017
Good news around here, the school I'm applying to conducted post ume exam last year, and they are going to conduct this year too grin. Up BUK, unlike the dirty overhyped corrupt schools in the west

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 11:10am On Aug 02, 2017
I still don't see why students should keep writing exams upon exams jst cos of admission....other countries don't do that..they admit you based on your waec result..take Benin republic or Ghana fr exam.what if FG decided to adopt such method..wah will you guys be saying then?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 11:14am On Aug 02, 2017
Nd the funny thing is..those that are shouting fr post utme are the onces with low grades..they claim during "their time" waec runs wasn't known and also during that time they was post utme..nw my question is why didn't they gain admission then when post utme ws on since they all claim they're brilliant..jst cos it still didn't favour them after they cancelled post utme that's why most of them are crying fr the return of post utme(the same exam that made them stay at home fr years o)..Nigerians ehn..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2017
Nd besides I didn't see any of you complain the period FG cancelled it..in fact we were congratulating FG fr a job well done buh wen you guys saw hw things later turned out you nw started shouting fr the return of post utme as if that's wht will guarantee your admission..

#drops mic
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 11:31am On Aug 02, 2017
OgaBuhari:
cool
Dude..

Please I beg you in the name of God and Allah..edit out my number you earlier quoted.

God bless you in advance.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Tiopii: 11:38am On Aug 02, 2017
I'm part of the lucky ones who got admitted without putme..but still I'd advise you peepu to read very hard...and stop arguin for n against the putme exams...jst read peepu..jst read..

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by GentlemanAyo(m): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2017
donblazer10:
dude..everybody is supporting wah will favour them..stop saying it as if that's the best way..bcs even bfr they cancelled post utme some students that gained still got eradicated in their first year bcs of poor result..lol you trust the credibility of jamb funny..jamb has more runs going on than waec if you don't know
Oga Post UTME is the best way if not many schools will be using point system like UI and if you read my post well, I said I trust the credibility of JAMB to some extent not 100%. But for WAEC? Maybe 20% with all these glorified private secondary schools around. And if you cheat in JAMB, Post UTME will find you out. That was why Post UTME was adopted in 2005, to filter those that cheat in JAMB out of the system. I don't know why people are scared of this thing ehn, is it not that exam people score 80%, 82% and co. Intelligent, brilliant and diligent students won't find Post UTME disturbing because you are sure of yourself or is it because it is UI? There is nothing special about the exams, study well and pray too, then you will see yourself in UI February 2018. Anyway, whether Post UTME or Point system, no shaking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Seanpierce: 11:46am On Aug 02, 2017
Tiopii:
I'm part of the lucky ones who got admitted without putme..but still I'd advise you peepu to read very hard...and stop arguin for n against the putme exams...jst read peepu..jst read..
What do you mean lucky?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 11:47am On Aug 02, 2017
donblazer10:
I still don't see why students should keep writing exams upon exams jst cos of admission....other countries don't do that..they admit you based on your waec result..take Benin republic or Ghana fr exam.what if FG decided to adopt such method..wah will you guys be saying then?
First of All,I'd like you to stop drawing unreasonable comparison between Nigeria and other Countries.It makes no total sense to me.

Yes,We should keep writing exams upon exams because of the credibility loss of this WASSCE and UTME.In Some riverine states like Bayelsa(apologies for this),do you know Invigilators hardly visit the examination centres?...They'd rather put a call through to one of the teachers to come collect the examination questions and he/she would be told where to bring it to when they are done.

Truth is,Nigeria is a vast state and overhauling malpractice in a widely conducted examination will be very difficult or almost impossible.

Definitely,We have people who earned their WASSCE grades by their intellectual capability but unfortunately the number of those who earned theirs illegally(asking from friends,cheating,phone usage,teachers aid) outnumbers the credible ones.

Conducting a Post UTME is made easier because only the applicants will be tested as opposing the nationwide UTME and WASSCE.

#WeWantPOSTUTME

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.