Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) (18133 Views)

Ogun Government Commences Repair Of Dilapidated Roads, Drainages / Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo / Dilapidated Roads In Ijeshatedo Surulere Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by arlomah: 9:17am On Apr 07, 2017
While the rainy season in other climes brings forth a period of relief and cheers to residnets due to its positive effect on their lives, same is not the case of residents of Peace Estate in the Soluyi-Gbagada axis of Lagos.

This is because once it rains, the roads leading to the estate, the ones in the community as well as other adjoining ones turns into a nightmare for residents who use the roads to eke out a living.

Connecting roads to the Peace Estate estate such as Powerline, Anipole, and more are in terrible shape and becomes an eyesore during rainfall. Similarly, roads inside the estate such as Ola Adebiyi, Liverpool Avenue, Deji Olamiju, and Jacob Nwajota, are partly dilapidated as a result of lack of proper drainages with some partly eroded.

To forestall any difficulty during the looming raining season, executives of the estate however took a decision to ensure their roads are in proper shape ahead of the season. As a result, the Peace Estate CDA executives urged residents of the estate to contribute the sum of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) to enable them find a lasting solution to their dilapidated roads.
To ensure residents have adequate knowledge about the funds, the Estate CDA group printed banners placed at strategic positions leading to the estate.

What is however shocking is that these set of individuals resident in the estate are .....

http://insidemainland.com/2017/04/06/taking-destiny-hands-soluyi-gbagada-residents-contribute-fix-dilapidated-roads/

1 Share

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by ashjay001(m): 10:16am On Apr 07, 2017
Ambode is working.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by profhezekiah: 10:17am On Apr 07, 2017
If I comment now, some rogue will jump at me for speaking against ambode my kinsman

11 Likes

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by bluaero(m): 11:52am On Apr 07, 2017
Buhari remains an idiot

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by DickDastardly(m): 11:52am On Apr 07, 2017
grin cheesy
Eko oni gbinde o!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 07, 2017
The government is the people.......dont forget that cheesy
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by MARKone(m): 11:54am On Apr 07, 2017
This is an Estate project, government will look at major roads first.

7 Likes

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by sapientia(m): 11:54am On Apr 07, 2017
Happens mostly in failed Countries.

10 Likes

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by yeyeboi(m): 11:54am On Apr 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by ask4double(m): 11:54am On Apr 07, 2017
How we got to this point as a nation is something I'm yet to comprehend.
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by miteolu(m): 11:55am On Apr 07, 2017
Is a nice approach since only in Nigeria citizens are responsible for their security, light, water and basic amenities.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by 1shortblackboy: 11:55am On Apr 07, 2017
Nigerians are beginning to realise that we're all on our own in this country. Nobody send us

9 Likes

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by ramdris(m): 11:55am On Apr 07, 2017
bluaero:
Buhari remains an idiot
This Guy need....

3 Likes

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by LAFO: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2017
All I have to say is

Eko Oni Baje O

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2017
It's an estate. Most estates do the same.

1 Like

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by sisisioge: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2017
Which kind wrong info be this? A certain part of Gbagada put that up but you opened your mouth gbagada and called it all Gbagada...warn yourself undecided Lubbish!

1 Like

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by Untainted007: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2017
ok
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by ngwababe(f): 11:56am On Apr 07, 2017
No comment
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by adeoba2008(m): 11:57am On Apr 07, 2017
Ambode and his quick win methodology. he only fixes road that can be seen by everyone not street corners. Thats wy what is happening in Berger and Oshodi.
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 07, 2017
In as much as I am in support of community development, I think it is beneficiary in a society where there are rules in place to checkmate the activities of public office holders in the spending of public funds. But in society like ours, I think that when the masses start fixing public utilities we are indirectly absolving those responsible from the responsibility of doing their jobs, jobs that were paid well over for and at the same time encouraging would-be public officer to do likewise in the future, knowing that sooner or later the community will contribute money to fix it- projects that funds have been allocated to more than once in the past.

I am of the opinion maybe it is time community start setting up 'mobilization" funds - the funds should be used to draw media attention to the poor states of amenities in their community. Recently, it seems that government only respond to 'embarrassment'! Maybe not the best approach we still need to find creative way of making our politicians do the jobs they were elected and paid to do.

6 Likes

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by henrydadon(m): 11:57am On Apr 07, 2017
chai

look at what nigeri has been reduce to..the citizens are now doing the government work..

and to think patience Jonathan account of $5 million was just unfreezed without a visible source of income..

i give up on Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by twentyk(m): 11:57am On Apr 07, 2017
No time my brother....those people nor geh our time rara....
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by AlexCk: 11:58am On Apr 07, 2017
All i saw was "Liverpool avenue", never knew there was a road called that there.

I'll be like, 'yo, im at Liverpool avenue, traffic's quite terrible, meet me at Tottenham view, besides Stamford Bridge after Arsenal cinemas' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by ProsperOkec: 11:58am On Apr 07, 2017
where are the Buhari supporters on Nairaland
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by coldsummer: 11:58am On Apr 07, 2017
winkt
ashjay001:
Ambode is working.

Lmao grin grin
U are rude

grin

1 Like

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by dman4mdmoon(m): 11:59am On Apr 07, 2017
It is still part of "Itesiwaju Eko"
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by NonFarmPayrol: 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
sai Ambode cool cool
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by israelmao(m): 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
It's government inaction and lack of respect her citizens that is discouraging if not Nigerians are ready to be true Nigerians.Keep up the good work!
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by Houseofglam7(f): 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ambode is working indeed undecided
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by Customer80: 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
Joavid:
It's an estate.
Most estates do the same.
guess those who live in those estate don't pay taxes for them to use their money to construct roads.

Failure of leadership in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by alphaconde(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
After paying taxes

2 Likes

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by Bants(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
i hope is not fraud sha but this is good community coming together for a greater goal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Major Streets In Jos Flooded (Photos) / Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook / Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.