Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan (3196 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / Arik Air 'Banned' From Abuja To London Route / Best Route From Nigeria To Dominica? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan by Yink99(m): 12:55am On Dec 29, 2009
i'm driving to ibadan from abuja tomorrow. Please can you give me simple directions to take that is best and quickest. Thank you.

yink99
Re: Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan by gongoaso1: 2:03am On Dec 29, 2009
lol.
guy if possible just fly tongue
but if u insist, take the ibadan-ife express, branch off at the end to the ilesha express way. then follow through ilesha town. the route is rather complex and full of potholes shocked(an absolute night mare) shocked through ekiti to kogi. my best bet, link up with a commercial vehicle (those toyota buses to abuja) and try to keep up with them.
have a safe trip bro
wink
Re: Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan by gongoaso1: 2:07am On Dec 29, 2009
sorry, thought you meant ibadan to abuja.
u may follow the abuja-lokoja-kabba-ekiti-ilesha-ibadan route.
forget mokwa-jebba axis
ignore the okene-akure axis too.
infact all of them are bad tongue
like i said earlier, just fly if possible or tag along with a commercial bus from jabi or kubwa.
safe trip
cool
Re: Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan by Yink99(m): 4:35am On Dec 29, 2009
Thank you very much. This helps a great deal. We drove to Abuja for the holidays. Wife and 5 children so we are going back and someone said there is a simpler way and better way than the way we took. Because road was bad through kwara route then to abuja. Ball joint broke on the way because of pot holes. Thank you for your help. No choice have to drive ;-))
Re: Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan by Yink99(m): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2009
Gongo aso, thank you for the route you gave. Seemed to have arrive 2 plus hrs earlier than other trips to or from Abuja. Roads were alot better even though there were some rally bad spots. But overall, it was a smother trip. Thanks. I sometimes go to Ogbomoso from abuja also. Now on the was to Ilesa, at a roundabout, there was an arrow that pointed towards Ilorin at 130 klm and Ilesa was 85 klm. At that roundabout, if I wanted to take that route to ogbomoso. Are the roads better from that point?
Thank you again.

yink99
Re: Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan by snowdrops(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2009
When are we going to have a functioning satelite navigation system that covers the whole country? Is there even a national A to Z? Nigeria, long way indeed to promised land.
Re: Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2009
Kwara route is obvioulsy too long and the roads are very very bad

Take the Lokoja route
Re: Please Best Driving Route From Abuja To Ibadan by gongoaso1: 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
Yink99:

Gongo aso, thank you for the route you gave. Seemed to have arrive 2 plus hrs earlier than other trips to or from Abuja. Roads were alot better even though there were some rally bad spots. But overall, it was a smother trip. Thanks. I sometimes go to Ogbomoso from abuja also. Now on the was to Ilesa, at a roundabout, there was an arrow that pointed towards Ilorin at 130 klm and Ilesa was 85 klm. At that roundabout, if I wanted to take that route to ogbomoso. Are the roads better from that point?
Thank you again.

yink99

Glad to have been of help. If you are to go to Ogbomoso from Abuja, talking the Ilesa route will be longer. Best bet is to follow Kabba axis through a bit of ekiti and cut into kwara. quite a complex route, description will take so much lines. As per the route u inquired, its fairly and relatively ok. Naija roads are no good either way. sad

snowdrops:

When are we going to have a functioning satelite navigation system that covers the whole country? Is there even a national A to Z? Nigeria, long way indeed to promised land.

We are slowly getting there, there is satellite navigation in Lag and Abuja now. Hopefully it spreads round the country undecided

aysometin:

Kwara route is obvioulsy too long and the roads are very very bad

Take the Lokoja route

shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Administrative Review: Uk Visa Tier 1 / 2016 China Scholarship Is Out / Russia Student Visa Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.