Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! (48427 Views)

Thinking Of Venturing Into Piggery? / How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria And Grow To Giant Piggery / A Trip To The Biggest Pig Farm In Africa – Oke Aro Piggery Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by smartoskie(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Can you please add me to the WhatsApp group
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by samhwande67: 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2021
Oga Dynamix, the level of sacrifice You display in this Agric section never ceases to amaze me. May the good Lord repay you beyond human measure. Pls my question Is this; some pigs have a lot Of fat while others doesn't, what really causes that?, Is it the feed or breed?
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by Kingbenn(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2021
OP, kindly add me to the WhatsApp group

I copied the number you dropped but it wasn't on WhatsApp
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by talk2priscal: 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
Kindly add me to the pig farmers WhatsApp group 08115888735
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
samhwande67:
Oga Dynamix, the level of sacrifice You display in this Agric section never ceases to amaze me. May the good Lord repay you beyond human measure. Pls my question Is this; some pigs have a lot Of fat while others doesn't, what really causes that?, Is it the feed or breed?

Thanks�.

Aside from breed type, the major cause of fat accumulation is feed. Even if a breed is susceptible to gaining much fat, if you feed them well, you will always get lean meat.
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by smartoskie(m): 10:23am On Feb 27, 2022
Please I am equally interested in the WhatsApp group.

1 Like

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 12, 2022
Please I’m interested in joining the group
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by wengerman: 7:51am On May 05, 2022
I am a pig farmer please add me to the group 08185385212.
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by Allisongram: 12:54pm On May 10, 2022
This was very helpful. Thanks alot
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by amadasunfarm(m): 1:11pm On May 10, 2022
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by oluteem: 8:24pm On May 10, 2022
I'm interested in the group, pls add me
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 7:19am On May 14, 2022
Finally!!!

The Pig Farmers Arena Cooperative Agricultural Multipurpose Society (The PFA-CAMS) is holding a One Day Pig Farmers Conference & Exhibition

Theme: Building a Viable and Sustainable Pig Farming Business through Collaborations and Partnership.

Date: May 26th 2022
Time: 10am

Who should attend?

▪︎Pig Farmers
▪︎Heads of Agricultural Cooperatives
▪︎Veterinary Officers
▪︎Agric Investors
▪︎Students
▪︎The General Public.

For Enquires and Sponsorship call 08130227169 or 09021333949

More updates coming soon. Plan to attend and invite someone who needs to attend!

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by Pethoues9ja: 8:25am On May 14, 2022
Please add me 08169320038
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by smartoskie(m): 10:24am On May 14, 2022
Kindly add me to the group. 07034756615
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by Freetobegreat(m): 12:39pm On May 16, 2022
Please add me up to the WhatsApp group,thank you so much for all you do.I'm actually a newbie in pig farming.Thanks
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2022
The Pig Farmers Arena Cooperative Agricultural Multipurpose Society is holding a One Day Pig Farmers Conference & Exhibition

Theme: Building a Viable and Sustainable Pig Farming Business through Collaborations and Partnership.

Date is May 26th 2022
Time: 10am
Location: Chemline House 7, Obasa Road, off Oba akran Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.

Who should attend?

▪︎Pig Farmers
▪︎Heads of Agricultural Cooperatives
▪︎Veterinary Officers
▪︎Agric Investors
▪︎Students
▪︎The General Public.

For Enquires and Sponsorship call 09013405904

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 7:49pm On May 28, 2022
We begin a lecture series for 2022 and tomorrow is the first of many days. If you are a new or old Pig Farmer, an intending Farmer or looking to invest, this year is a very important one for you. Send a message to 09013405904 and you will receive the link to join the WhatsApp group.

Information is the key to effecting real change.

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
And we have finally opened our doors to train aspiring pig farm owners or workers.

▪︎Do you want to work on a pig farm as an experienced staff??
▪︎Do you want to start your pig farm professionally??
▪︎Do you want to give your staff practical training??
▪︎Do you want to get better trained to run your farm more efficiently??

If you answered yes, then you need to attend The PFA School of Porcine Studies. We offer a 2-month practical programme with classes holding daily from Mondays to Fridays.

At the end of the program, graduating students get a certificate and those who desire to work on established farms will get referrals from us. We have fans seeking experienced hands currently.

We have just 5 spaces for admission in this first session and classes start on July 1st 2022. So, take action now and gain that knowledge you need.

Call or message 09013405904 to apply or for enquiries.

See you in class.

To your success.

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
And in this week's series, we will be looking at Breeding Tricks..... what should you accept to ensure maximum productivity.

This Friday, June 17th by 6pm

Venue is The PFA WhatsApp group

Send a chat to 09013405904 to join

To your continued success

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by amadasunfarm(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2022
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 1:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
Feeding takes around 75% of the total overhead cost of running a pig farm. in Nigeria, there are few prepared feed available for farmers and at that, the cost per kg is almost always prohibitive. Farmers resort to making their feed and because of a huge knowledge gap in Pig feed formulation, farmers often always end up spending more than necessary in terms of cost and time to attain market weight.

If you aren't hitting market weight in 6 months post-weaning, you are losing money and making losses (Read that again). Come and gain new insights and learn as I share 10 years cognate experience in addition to many years aggregated experience in feeding and total pig care.

Send a WhatsApp message to 09013405904 to join

See you in class

1 Like

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2022
Three trainings you definitely don't want to miss if ou are serious about making your pig business super profitable and totally sustainable

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by jeph19(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2022
Please add me up
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by debbra(f): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2022
Pls add me up 08167982828. Thanks
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 5:45pm On May 19, 2023
Hi. Been a while I have posted here.

Between ASF and increased feed prices we have a lot to do if we are to remain profitable and sustainable.

But that's a story for another day.

Meanwhile I have a free e-book that will help farmers, intending farmers or farmers who are restocking deal with ASF and restocking.

African Swine Fever Prevention, Gilt Management and Successful Restocking by John Carr and Daniel Sperling

Topics covered include:
• The Pathogen Basics
• Keeping a Farm Free of ASF
• How to Remove Specific Pathogens from a Farm
• Depopulation and Cleaning in Cases of ASF and Repopulation
• Reasons for Repopulation Failure
• Bringing in New Animals and Monitoring Freedom from ASF

And there is a special topic: Setting Targets for the New Farm which includes subtopics like
• Breeding Targets
• Adult Herd Size Calculations
• Nursery, Grower And Finishing Herd Calculations
• Displaying The Farm’s Batch Pig Flow
• Getting The Right Number Of Gilts To Cycle

Send 'I need this' to 09013405904 to get the download link.

To your continued success!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sack Farming From Start / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks / Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.