Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? (4995 Views)

Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together / Having Problems With Premature Ejac?? (*update..free nipost shippin) Lets Chat / Problems With Sex Is Ruining My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by iyapony(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2009
hey nairalanders, hope you are all enjoying your holidays. i have recently been having trouble with my new neighbors, and want some advice. i share an apartment with my roomate, and our neighbors next door are 'unsavoury' to put it nicely. i can understand having parties and enjoying music at high volumes, but when it happens at all hours of the night it can get annoying. however, i can live with that, but what i cannot live with is the odor of marijuana that come from their apartment. sometimes when i open the windows and take a nap inside of my living room, i will wake up slightly disoriented with the apartment smelling similar to the odor of a skunk. when it first happened i thought nothing of it, but it took my roomate to tell me that i was getting 'contact high' from their drug smoke, and marijuana would be found in my blood stream if i were to be tested. angry this really pissed me off because i am very anti drug use, and want nothing to do with it. how do i tell these neighbors that i want them to stop smoking drugs in areas where it seeps into my apartment without sounding too invasive??
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by hassymo5(m): 8:16am On Dec 29, 2009
mind your own business,
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by hassymo5(m): 8:18am On Dec 29, 2009
just mind your own business
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by hassymo5(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2009
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by hassymo5(m): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2009
or just look for a diff place and park out, you know this drug pple you can advice them, even if they dont place high music you will always share the marijuana with them indirectly.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2009
siddon look
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by iyapony(m): 8:50am On Dec 29, 2009

or just look for a diff place and park out, you know this drug pple you can advice them, even if they dont place high music you will always share the marijuana with them indirectly.

@ hassymo5

i do mind my business jare. the only times i communicate with these people is if i see them in the hallway, and even that is rare. i am really disturbed by the thought of drugs being in my system when i do not even use them. embarassed dont you think it is unfair for them to smoke drugs in places where it gets into my apartment?
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by LordReed(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2009
Ok then report to the police.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by iice(f): 10:41am On Dec 29, 2009
Calmly tell them that they are disturbing your peace. They should be considerate of their neighbours with regards to the late night partying/noise. If they want to smoke, they should do it somewhere else or in their bathroom because the smell if floating to your apartment.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Orikinla(m): 11:27am On Dec 29, 2009
As far as they are using hard drugs, they are criminals. Therefore, simply report their crime to the Nigerian Police or NDLEA.
Do not compromise your security.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by coolier(f): 11:44am On Dec 29, 2009
'Am not exactly sure where you live, you only claim to have junkies and drug addicts as neighbors, maybe you should move to a decent area.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by german007(m): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2009
@Poster.

Move out, You clearly of a higher calibre than that area.

Regards
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by abhosts(m): 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2009
german007:

@Poster.

Move out, You clearly of a higher calibre than that area.

Regards

True Talk.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by ruskiee(m): 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2009
Move to a decent area. Nuff' said.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by frgy1: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2009
think twice b4 u call d cops if u r in 9ja. u might get arrested instead, as most drugies have ties with d neigbourhood cops. or d drugie might feel threatened an do u harm out of self preservation.
try pack commot
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by unclebros: 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2009
Dont understand some people cry
Poster said his neighbour are smoking igbo and the odour his making him high and some people says he should mind his business mind his business and become an igbo addict?

Please poster, tread it softly ok, first of all speak with them and let them know the smell of the igbo affects you and its not proper for it to be smoked in the neighbourhood(talk to them like a gentleman)

you can also speak wit h any of thier friends or family that usually come visiting

if this does not work then, report to your landlord or the owner of the house

if this also does not work , then and only then you can report to the police for the issue to be settled amicably.
Good luck
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by sayso: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
trouble is brewing,run as fast as your legs will carry you or next time you come on NL you will be typing from kirikir maximium P.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by otawa: 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2009
Talk to Farouk to get you some bomb.

grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Epi: 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2009
The 13th Commandment:- Thou shalt not call what the Lord created (marijuana) unclean. A joint a day keeps the docter away wink

iyapo_ny:

hey nairalanders, hope you are all enjoying your holidays. i have recently been having trouble with my new neighbors, and want some advice. i share an apartment with my roomate, and our neighbors next door are 'unsavoury' to put it nicely. i can understand having parties and enjoying music at high volumes, but when it happens at all hours of the night it can get annoying. however, i can live with that, but what i cannot live with is the odor of marijuana that come from their apartment. sometimes when i open the windows and take a nap inside of my living room, i will wake up slightly disoriented with the apartment smelling similar to the odor of a skunk. when it first happened i thought nothing of it, but it took my roomate to tell me that i was getting 'contact high' from their drug smoke, and marijuana would be found in my blood stream if i were to be tested. angry this really pissed me off because i am very anti drug use, and want nothing to do with it. how do i tell these neighbors that i want them to stop smoking drugs in areas where it seeps into my apartment without sounding too invasive??
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by CarlosVent(m): 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2009
Just go to God in Prayers and commit them in serious Prayers and don't worry all will be alright
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by otukpo(f): 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
Find means to leave that compound. If not, u may enter into a trouble u know nothing about. Most pple that do drugs wld in 1 way or the other be into criminal activity.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by hassymo5(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2009
[/quote]Find means to leave that compound. If not, u may enter into a trouble u know nothing about. Most pple that do drugs wld in 1 way or the other be into criminal activity.[quote]

you don hear, you think is easy to do away with them, if you are carely they are into criminal activity and they got boosted all of you in the neighbourhood will be boosted, my advice is look for a decent place and park out asap. i rest my case. kirikiri no far
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by koolchicco: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2009
@OP

Yes, Love your Neighbors. . .but choose your neighborhood!!
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by omega25red(m): 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ poster
i see you live on staten island and i know in ny you can report things like that annonymously to like 311 or better yet find the number to your local police dept. and call annonymously. they will send a squad car to check them out because if they smoke like that, who knows what else they are doing in there
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by kvolander: 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2009
@poster,

I stayed in similar kind of area when I was in the university,

Firstly,I want u to know that those guys are very much likely to be involved in some kind of criminal acts (e.g. armed robbery) so don't be surprised if you received the police someday at your door for investigation.

Secondly, I would advise you wisely mind your own business otherwise start thinking of moving away from there.

Thirdly, Don't even bother reporting to the police because you may get yourself into more trouble.

And fourthly, try to get information about the next place you are moving to, if you eventually choose to move away from your current location.

Hope this helps.

God bless you.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by aieromon(m): 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2009
Berra look for another apartment and this time,investigate the environment properly before you ''enter the place''.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Nizoral(f): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
@poster i fink u ar d one at high risk inhalin dose puffs/smoke dan dose smokin dose forbidden tins, so either you leave d house b4 you start vomitin ur lungs out or you report 2 da police.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by frgy1: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
no b all people wey dey smoke weed dey do criminal activities o. i know responsible people wey dey weed.
but e beta make u commot the house sha. save your arss
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by hilli666(m): 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2009
Just tell them that you are a senior member of MEND, OR BOKO HARAM, watch and see how they shape up quick quick (true story)
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by otukpo(f): 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2009
Poster
Don't report to police if u are in a place like Nigeria. U may get into more trouble if u involve police or if they notice u are not comfortable having them around u.

Just pretend u are not noticing anything while making serious arrangement to leave the compound.

Trouble is already smelling around u in that compound, and inhaling the smoke is not good for u.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by dolu2007(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2009
Make conscious effort to be at peace with all me men.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strange!!!! Five Year Old Girl Developing Breasts. Graphic Pic Inside.. / Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? / A Single Dad Needs A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.