Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? (5004 Views)

Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together / Having Problems With Premature Ejac?? (*update..free nipost shippin) Lets Chat / Problems With Sex Is Ruining My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by ifyalways(f): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
Try talking with them,if it does not work,look for another apartment.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by chamotex(m): 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2009
Fight them
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by jendys(f): 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
u can ask ur caretaker to help u talk to them,
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by kpalasa69(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
If you cant beat them you join them, well i hate smokers so i will ask you to just close ur window and doors when they do that becos dis people get annoyed when you try to talk to them about what they are doing then they think they are the bad people, so bro try buy air extractor to extract the maria smoke, Jah bless nuff respect to em MJ smokers wink sad kiss
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by youngbest(m): 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
since dey smoke wee wee
my advice 2 u na 2 pack comot
cos ppl who smoke wee wee
somtimes are not on d same level wit us,
u might talk 2 dem wen dey appear cool and dey wont re act
but wen dey are high and dey remember ur offence
u dont no wat dey might do,
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by slimes(m): 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
Try reporting to the police cos their activities is highly illegal.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by otokx(m): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2009
please relocate before you are reallocated.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Hairat007(f): 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
Simply move out of the apartment if you dnt want any trace of marijuana

found in your blood stream. Good luck lol lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by kshow1(m): 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2009
slimes:

Try reporting to the police cos their activities is highly illegal.

Let sleeping dog lie.
My advise is for you to move to another apartment.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2009
@OP
I'll assume u live in staten island like ur profile says. I suggest u get ur caretaker or landlord to talk to them, as a first line of action. Remind the caretaker what trouble he'll be in if they don't stop and the police find out.
If that doesn't work, report it to the police anonymously. At least una police dey do their work that side.
I wouldn't advise u to speak to them directly - puts u in their direct line of smoke induced aggression. Also u said they're new to the building. I don't see y u have to move out for them.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by hilli666(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2009
I know one baba alawo. in New york. (Hey I'm saying!!)
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by honorsam(m): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2009
why weed and disturb their neighbour when they can sniff cocain without disturbing!look b4 u leap bro!
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Basics007: 1:50am On Dec 30, 2009
Depends on where u live. If u r in Lagos,u can always locate the area coordinator of OPC in ur area,give him a bigger amount of marijuana than d ones ur neighbour are smokin. He will do d job. U know dat to catch a monkey,u've to behave like one
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by san26dy(f): 1:51am On Dec 30, 2009
@ OP. From your location it looks like u are in New York. I will advice you to call the police or make a non-emergency report. If you don't have the guts to do that then you might need to find yourself another place.  Because if they get busted, your apartment might be searched too.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by ijeoma2619: 2:02am On Dec 30, 2009
@iyapo do not tell them anything because there is no gurantee that they will stop also u dont know how dangerous these people are, just go to the apartment office and report to the manager they usually warn them or threaten to evict them and of course your identiy will remain anonymous.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by MrKelly: 8:25am On Dec 30, 2009
If you continue living in that house, chances are that:

1. Police will arrest them someday and you wont be spared too. Trust Nigerian police.
2. You might be tempeted to find out what's so special with that weed.

And if you report them to the police while still living in that apartment;

They will bribe their way out of police net and come after you.

So why not relocate to a decent environment?
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 30, 2009
@frgy : You must be off your rockers to say you know responsible people who smoke hemp.The fact that it is illegal and you are doing it shows irresponsibility , drinking to stupor isn't illegal but it shows irresponsibility not to now mention one which is illegal
What do you understand by irresponsibility , do you think it is when you are  not invovled in criminal activities ?. You need a brain examination and probably a lobotomy
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Areaboy2(m): 9:00am On Dec 30, 2009
@poster, I have not had the time to read thru all the replies so far. duno if anyone has offered this solution yet,

the safest thing to do is to pally up with them, no matter how crazy it sounds, u guys should be strong pals. if u have any fren that smokes weed too, bring him over and make ur fren their fren, after that, start seeping it slowly into them that it is better for them to go somewhere else to do their weed. say it like a simple comment but be firm, suggest it to them as often as possible, with time, they will learn.

I had the same problem about a year ago or so, but in this case, we were the ones doing the weed and cigarweed. My neighbour didnt drink nor smoke, but he got us to stop smoking inside my own house, can u imagine, he became our pal, and after him suggesting a few times, we just went by default far were it couldnt reach his house,

try it, smiley
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by henchmark: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2009
@ topic,

this issue is a bit complex, these arent bad neighours , they are criminals, if it were just the high music that bothers you i would have said talk to them, but talking to them could worsen your situation if they choose not to change, cos if they get arrested anyday they will think you gave them out, simply endure and look for a better apartment.

reporting to the police doesnt make things any better in naija cos we live in a lawlwess society, but i would still advice you make a report to the police secretly cos the day they get arrested be sure you are going with them.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by gidson12(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2009
simple, i'll just put a hole through their brain with my pistol with a silencer, and it ends it all wink
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
Pretend they dont exist
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by ubiaa5(f): 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
Just move out,there is no use trying to reason wit people that smoke weed and party all nite.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Fhemmmy: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2009
ubiaa5:

Just move out,there is no use trying to reason wit people that smoke weed and party all nite.

Why not kick them out, why move out for them?
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by ubiaa5(f): 11:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Why not kick them out, why move out for them?
he is not the landlord,so he has no rite to kick them out,its best 4 him to leave to mentain his sanity.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by gidson12(m): 6:32am On Dec 31, 2009
ubiaa5:

he is not the landlord,so he has no rite to kick them out,its best 4 him to leave to mentain his sanity.
u sound as if ther are abundant houses where you leave, u think say na so e easy to get house
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by iyapony(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2009
@ all

thank you all very much for the great advice. i am actually living in new york, but i still appreciate the input from those who thought i was in naija. after reading through all the responses, and thinking what would be best, ive decided to complain about this anonymously. i am first going to contact the managers of my building, then if the problem continues i will contact the proper authorities. i honestly do not know these people well enough to know their reaction, so i thought that would be the smartest thing to do. thank you all again, take care. smiley
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Charlesook(m): 8:45am On Dec 31, 2009
I think many people have suggested rightly and I believe the best you can do is to stay away from trouble which means you should pack out from there and look for a better and decent place to move in to. No decency in Igbo smoking.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 31, 2009
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 31, 2009
@ OP: u're welcome. Good luck!
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by akitect: 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2010
had a similarly experience while in sch. i think u should move out cos reporting to the police or other authorities might backfire on u cos these guys could be dangerous.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by harakiri(m): 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2010
@Post

I have the same problem and your neighbors profile fits EXACTLY like mine except i came to meet them in the compound and didn't know they were "igbolabi pikins".Everyday it's weed smell from morning till night and they do it openly for all to see.Sometimes when people come to visit me, they wonder how i cope.It makes the whole environment seem so illegal and this is in a decent reserved area in Lagos.I'm just doing my best to get out of here to a better place.

My advice to you is to avoid them at all costs.Don't complain and don't make them your enemies.Just endure and move out silently.I'm telling you from experience.I tried to "reason" with them but all that got me was more negativity.They then resorted to loud music and wild nights.Well, sometimes i hit back at them with 1380 pure watts of serious audio power and vibrate the s**t out of their apartment (lol).Not the best but wetin man go do.It shuts them up most times.I hope to leave here soon though.

@Poster. . .just endure and move away.Period!

Nuff said.
Re: How Do You Solve Problems With Bad Neighbors? by funcy: 8:42am On Jan 04, 2010
well all you have to do is let them know that their acts of smokining maurijuana is against your health and that they should be considerate about that if they refuse to change i think you can escalate the issue or you move out if you are capable,

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 9month Old Baby,no Teeth. / How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy? / Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.