Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA (28771 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Treasures Olawunmi Bayo To Break 113 Hours Reading Marathon World Record / Jude Okonkwo Accepted Into All Ivy League School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by totit: 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2017
I ain't surprise you just have to give it to ewedu eaters, afonja mehnnn
grin

Yorubas Are The Most Achieved And Most Successful Black People In The World.

http://www.math.buffalo.edu/mad/madgreatest.html

https://www.nairaland.com/3331981/yorubas-most-achieved-most-successful#up

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2017
ofonjas sef grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

i am a lady get dat right

Oh really - I have always suspected small(sorry big)Francesca was some kind of transgender - too emotional to be a man grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Oh really - I have always suspected small(sorry big)Francesca was some kind of transgender - too emotional to be a man grin

grin grin grin grin grin

guy e b like say u like bigfrasic24....are u gay

anyway d guy is cute...now i see y u keep stalking him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YungMillionaire: 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. Dude I am in the United States, on the east coast precisely. grin

Suddenly you've forgotten she's Nigerian and how Nigerian parents react when you tell them you want to study Biology when your mates are studying Engineering, Law, Medicine etc.

With the scholarship from Stanford, she's going there to study ordinary biology. Ewo. Please if you know her mother here in Nigeria you better go and talk to her to talk sense into her daughter. Waste of scholarship money. Mtchew.

Francis - are you really in the US? Because - your post suggests some1 who doesn't understand how things are in America.

2 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2017
Lombardi:
Prince George's County Student Accepted to 14 Colleges

A talented high school student in Prince George's County has a big decision to make soon -- she was accepted to 14 colleges and universities, including Harvard, Princeton and Stanford.

Olawunmi Akinlemibola, a senior at DuVal High School in Lanham, Maryland, was accepted to Ivy League schools, the University of Maryland and several other institutions.

The 18-year-old has a 4.15 GPA and already has earned college credit. She works hard for her success, her guidance counselor, Stacy Kline, said.
"I'm just amazed by her," she said. "It's the internal drive that she has."

Akinlemibola said her family's support is key. She lives with her father, but her mother and two sisters are home in Nigeria, where she was born. In a recent interview, she began to cry as she spoke about her mother.

"Even though she's not here physically, she takes care of me. Emotionally, she provides a lot of support," the student said. She hopes her family will be reunited this year.

Akinlemibola said part of what drives her to succeed is a sense that she has opportunities her parents didn't have.
"They’ve just gone through so much, and it's like, this is like the least I can do, is do well in school," she said.
Here's where Akinlemibola was accepted, according to WTOP:

Emory University
Brown University
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Maryland, College Park
Swarthmore College
Grinnell College
Amherst College
University of Chicago
Duke University
Stanford University
Cornell University
Princeton University
Harvard University
University of Pennsylvania

Akinlemibola said Stanford is the front-runner. She would study biology and, with scholarships, pay just $300 per year in tuition.

Source: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Prince-Georges-County-Student-Accepted-to-14-Colleges-418687613.html

Nigerians getting accepted into Ivy Schools in order:

1) 2015 - Harold Ekeh - 8 Ivy league schools
2) 2016 - Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna - 8 Ivy League Schools
3) 2017 - Ifeoma White-Thorpe - 8 Ivy League Schools
4) 2017- Jude Okonkwo - 8 Ivy League Schools
5) 2016 - Obinna Igbokwe - 7 Ivy League Schools
6) 2017- Olawunmi Akinlemibola - 5 Ivy League Schools

List of 8 Ivy League Schools:
Brown University is listed (or ranked) 1 on the list All Ivy League Schools
Brown University
1764 - Providence, Rhode Island - Team Name: Bears

Columbia University is listed (or ranked) 2 on the list All Ivy League Schools
Columbia University
1754 - New York, New York - Team Name: Lions

Cornell University is listed (or ranked) 3 on the list All Ivy League Schools
Cornell University
1865 - Ithaca, New York - Team Name: Big Red

Dartmouth College is listed (or ranked) 4 on the list All Ivy League Schools
Dartmouth College
1769 - Hanover, New Hampshire - Team Name: Big Green

Harvard University is listed (or ranked) 5 on the list All Ivy League Schools
Harvard University
1636 - Cambridge, Massachusetts - Team Name: Crimson

Princeton University is listed (or ranked) 6 on the list All Ivy League Schools
Princeton University
1804 - Princeton, New Jersey - Team Name: Tigers

University of Pennsylvania is listed (or ranked) 7 on the list All Ivy League Schools
University of Pennsylvania
1740 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Team Name: Quakers

Yale University is listed (or ranked) 8 on the list All Ivy League Schools
Yale University
1701 - New Haven, Connecticut - Team Name: Bulldogs

http://www.ranker.com/list/all-ivy-league-schools/sportsyeah
https://www.boston.com/news/education/2016/04/27/brockton-high-school-student-got-accepted-7-ivy-league-schools

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

guy are u afraid of me...all the Godprotectigbos are all mine ...i dont know about other ones

grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YungMillionaire: 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

And she wants to study ordinary biology when her mates that got accepted into 8 ivy league schools are aiming for medicine etc. Boy please take some chill, no unnecessary excitement here. It's easy to get into half of these schools she got into. Very easy.

What is wrong with biology? You sound like some1 who has not traveled much

2 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YungMillionaire: 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Siiiigh!
And here comes another one. What exactly is wrong with studying biology again?
Must every creature on this earth "read medicine" ?
You don't even know if that is her natural passion and interest as a person.

Actually - I am shocked that a mod is this clueless. The guy has reasoning issues.

2 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YungMillionaire: 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Another osu whose spaghetti brain needs serious realignment

grin grin grin This guy - you come again! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YungMillionaire: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
It appears small(sorry big)Francis = godprotektIbos. Pathetic guy. grin

I don't think so - but I won't be surprised. Nothing pesin no go see for this NL cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by totit: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
YungMillionaire:

grin grin grin This guy - you come again! grin

grin grin grin grin grin

I beg, I almost fell on my chair.

Easy nah kilodeiiii

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2017
YungMillionaire:

Hahaha...not even biochemistry or microbiology but ordinary biology? Ok o I hear you.

Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna - Engineering
Harold Ekeh - Neurosurgery
Ifeoma White-Thorpe - Global Healthy Policy
Jude Okonkwo - Neurosurgery
Obinna Igbokwe - Biomedical Engineering
Olawunmi Akinlemibola - Biology

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2017
YungMillionaire:

Hahaha...not even biochemistry or microbiology? Ok o I hear you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2017
i like having fun
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

dats too bad ....small course for small brain grin grin grin grin
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
Obamaofusa:

lol...you are a comedian.If all of that made Yoruba the great people they are,I would rather run down Leventis, UAC, early banks, railway, aviation industry, civil service etc cheesy

That's the only greatness you have's of. Nobody adds yoruba to a sentence bearing greatness except by Yorubas themselves but All people add greatness to Igbos.
You got nothing special to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

grin grin grin grin grin

guy e b like say u like bigfrasic24....are u gay

anyway d guy is cute...now i see y u keep stalking him

Thank you. Na so I get stalkers for here o, especially akin 'fake' physicist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

That's the only greatness you have's of. Nobody adds yoruba to a sentence bearing greatness except by Yorubas themselves but All people add greatness to Igbos.
You got nothing special to you

u don come back ...abeg mercy for ofonjas oooo
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Thank you. Na so I get stalkers for here o, especially akin 'fake' physicist.

ofonjas are mostly gays...fear dem

no wonder all there guys are now into gayism and lesbianism
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2017
YungMillionaire:

Francis - are you really in the US? Because - your post suggests some1 who doesn't understand how things are in America.

Well, my point is with all that brains, supposedly, and scholarship money she really should have aimed higher. I know this is America and anybody can be great at any course and that is understood for an average student, but not when you have proven to be this good in academics. You sef check am na. I don talk finish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
YungMillionaire:

I don't think so - but I won't be surprised. Nothing pesin no go see for this NL cheesy

Yungy - how thingz. grin These osus just dey make me laugh grin

2 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

but bigfranc21 to be frank u are cute i no go lie ....protect ur self very well , i dont trust those people atol
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
Iboe women uses CUCUMBER to pleasure themselves as Iboe men are unable to satisfy their women

grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CaruBcE0ZM

4 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2017
all this Abakukus on niraland IVY leagues get levels

u guys can be compared with igbos when u guys get equivalent to all those names mentioned above by bigfrancis21

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
Iboe women uses CUCUMBER to pleasure themselves as Iboe men are unable to satisfy their women

grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CaruBcE0ZM

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

She is happy doing what she loves, and if it is Biological science, so be it. cheesy
Btw: how do you even know the Biology isn't just her pre-medical course? You say you are in the US..... Tell me who leaves high school straight into university to start medicine? undecided

You are the one adding extraneous stories to what it is. Yes, there's pre-med and anybody who wants to be a doctor here in the US will not tell you they want to study biology or chemistry, but rather they'll tell you they want to be a doctor and going through pre-med is a step before becoming a doctor. However, this teenager said specifically that she wants to study Biology, not medicine. Well, 4 years from now, we'll see if she becomes the doctor you assume she wants to be.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YungMillionaire: 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Yungy - how thingz. grin These osus just dey make me laugh grin

AK baba tuale. I dey o. Welcome back. I hear say you chop ban lol

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2017
ofonjas sef
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YungMillionaire: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Well, my point is with all that brains, supposedly, and scholarship money she really should have aimed higher. I know this is America and anybody can be great at any course and that is understood for an average student, but not when you have proven to be this good in academics. You sef check am na, wetin she wan use biology do. I don talk finish.

Guy - their is no such thing as an ordinary science course. Their are many hard research problems in biology that are yet to be solved. Somebody is got to solve them. You are not making any sense. You might be in US but did not leave your sad Nigerian mentality behind. You still don't get it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YonkijiSappo: 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

You are the one adding extraneous stories to what it is. Yes, there's pre-med and anybody who wants to be a doctor here in the US will not tell you they want to study biology or chemistry, they'll tell you they want to be a doctor and going through pre-med is a step before becoming a doctor. However, this teenager said specifically that she wants to study Biology, not medicine. Well, 4 years from now, we'll see if she becomes the doctor you assume she wants to be.

I wasn't assuming she wants to become a doctor. I clearly stated in the preceding paragraph that if that is what she wants or likes, then fine.
I was just asking how sure you were that it was the case, since you alluded that "her mates were aiming higher", and her scholarship was a "waste of money"

She wasn't the one who said "I want to become a Biologist". The article simply says that is what she would be studying at her university of choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zamfara Government Shuts Down School, Suspends Staff Over ‘Desecration’ Of Quran / . / Human Sexuality: Federal University Of Lafia Exam Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.