Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS (12924 Views)

Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board / Jonathan’s Pathetic Apologetics - Punch Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by naijafold(m): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2017
The Lagos State Graduate Internship Program 2017[How To Apply] READ @ http://latestschoolgist.com/lagos-state-graduate-internship-program-2017how-apply/
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by legalvoice(m): 8:57am On Apr 08, 2017
Hypocrite....why didn't you do same during bubu certificate scandal...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by LEOSIRSIR(m): 8:57am On Apr 08, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
this shameless Afonja charge and bail lawyer

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by LEOSIRSIR(m): 8:59am On Apr 08, 2017
try Nivea Men Revitalsing.

Error111:
Dear Nairalanders
Please i don't like how my skin looks very rough & unsexy, i want you to kindly suggest a good body cream for me.
I want a cream that will make my skin very soft, fresh, smooth, and fair (without bleaching)
Please i really need your suggestions.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by toprealman: 9:00am On Apr 08, 2017
well done sah!
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by ayindejimmy(m): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2017
apcisevil:

Who care for a pathetic human right lawyer. ...what has his human lawyer achieved for Nigerians whose rights are abused daily? If you must know, biafrans don't want anything about your Nigeria. ..let everyone go their ways

http://uncova.com/falana-defends-motorist-whose-car-was-burnt-by-vis1

This and many others
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 08, 2017
Error111:
Dear Nairalanders
Please i don't like how my skin looks very rough & unsexy, i want you to kindly suggest a good body cream for me.
I want a cream that will make my skin very soft, fresh, smooth, and fair (without bleaching)
Please i really need your suggestions.
Thanks

Try E-45 cream

A bit expensive....but it works.

Check your local pharamacy. If you are in the Abuja area, H-Medix at Adetokumbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse 2 has it.

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by ariesbull: 9:52am On Apr 08, 2017
HungerBAD:
Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana SAN, has announced his resignation from the editorial board of ThisDay newspaper following the publication of a report by the newspaper which he described as “a figment of the imagination of its writers.”

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria explained in a statement that he took his decision after the paper published “without any factual basis” on April 3 that he influenced the appointment of Mr. Ola Olukoyede as Chief of Staff to the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Falana said, “As the tendentious publication could not be justified, I was compelled to resign my membership of the editorial board of the newspaper.

“In a desperate bid to blackmail me, the forces of corruption who are using the newspaper to fight back proceeded to allege that Mr. Olukoyede was a lawyer in my office and that I seconded him to the EFCC.

“It was also alleged that the EFCC had given me one of the properties forfeited to the Federal Government by ex-governor DSP Alamieyeseigha.”

He, however, said Olukoyede never worked in his law firm and that he only met him for the first time about two years ago.

“Having not known him or worked with him closely, I could not have recommended him for any position of responsibility either in the EFCC or in other public office,” Falana said.

He also rubbished the claim that the EFCC handed a property to him, saying, “The second allegation is equally a figment of the fecund imagination of the fictitious writers in ThisDay newspaper.”

The human rights lawyer stated that though the address of the property allegedly given to him by the EFCC is not stated, it is public knowledge that all the funds and other assets forfeited by the late governor were handed to the Bayelsa State government sometime in 2010 by the then management of the EFCC.

He added, “Based on my belief in public accountability, I have never said that the properties recovered by the EFCC should not be investigated.”

Falana urged members of the public to disregard the report “of the reactionary elements who are hell bent on diverting the attention of Nigerians from the mega looting of our commonwealth by a coterie of plutocrats.”

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/04/07/falana-quit-thisday-editorial-board-protest-fictitious-report/

This man don fall him hand

I watched his interview....I realised he is intellectually bereft

Mike took him to cleaners

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by frisky2good(m): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2017
Lawyers will remain lawyers regardless of who they work for.

iokpebholo:
reputation ke? APC lawyer get reputation? Hypocrite na him b

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by remiopash: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2017
BiafraIShere:
This attention seeker again?

Seeking attention from you??
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:58am On Apr 08, 2017
I have said before and would say it again, the Nigerian media is fast losing its credibility due to its lazy and often unprofessional attitude of releasing under researched, distorted or even completely fabricated stories without verification; especially as it affects the north and south divide more especially pertaining to ethnoreligious news coverage - which is doing more damage than good.
This Falana story is just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to misleading stories; a problem being even more compounded by the advent of an ever growing army of unregulated bloggers.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by emi14: 10:59am On Apr 08, 2017
reuben79:
in history of nigeria Biafra never ve human rit lawyer............and u open ur mouth and call falana attection wat?u must be a sickler

I greet you guys ..Yoruba and Igbo. Hatred. Every news must be narrowed . Human rights or not doesn't really matter.

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by BetaThings: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2017
legalvoice:
Hypocrite....why didn't you do same during bubu certificate scandal...

Did they accuse him wrongly during that incident?
Or was he accused of having fake certificate?

Or is a man not primarily answerable for his own deeds?
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by BetaThings: 11:01am On Apr 08, 2017
ariesbull:

This man don fall him hand

I watched his interview....I realised he is intellectually bereft

Mike took him to cleaners

Post a link, will you?

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by legalvoice(m): 11:21am On Apr 08, 2017
BetaThings:

Did they accuse him wrongly during that incident?
Or was he accused of having fake certificate?

Or is a man not primarily answerable for his own deeds?

Was he not among his (bubu) legal team?

Why didn't he opt out to protect his reputation "that's if he has any" knowing fully well that bubu does not have certificate and is guilty of deceit and forgery to answer mr integrity he now claims to be?
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by caracas: 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
reuben79:
in history of nigeria Biafra never ve human rit lawyer............and u open ur mouth and call falana attection wat?u must be a sickler
Oga why the thing come pepper u for body like this ?
Abi n'a wetin consign biafra for this matter
Ok tell me how many human right lawyers odua republic get
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by BetaThings: 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
legalvoice:

Was he not among his (bubu) legal team?

Why didn't he opt out to protect his reputation "that's if he has any" knowing fully well that bubu does not have certificate and is guilty of deceit and forgery to answer mr integrity he now claims to be?

Taking up a case is different from being accused of something untoward
Contrary to your belief, Falana does not seem to have issues with the authenticity of Buhari's certificate
Even then lawyers take cases even where everybody presumes the client guilty

But any lawyer accused of this type of deed needs to act
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Dareomo(m): 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2017
That is Integrity. Great Model you are.
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by tifany89(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
reuben79:
How did u manage to drag Biafra into thi issue. The guy made a comment which he is responsible for n all u could think about is Biafra. When ipob start throwing venoms all over the place now some misguided nitwits we accuse them of being the aggressors wen in actual case it is the opposite
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by puremind1: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
this shameless Afonja charge and bail lawyer
In your entire ugwu republic where ojukwus rule, your generations can not loosen the shoes of Falana, the SAM,SAN.Idiotic Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by JAHseal: 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2017
apcisevil:

Who care for a pathetic human right lawyer. ...what has his human lawyer achieved for Nigerians whose rights are abused daily? If you must know, biafrans don't want anything about your Nigeria. ..let everyone go their ways

Then d so-called Biafrans should start d disengagement process by parking out of 'our Nigeria' (maybe dis recession go even end sef). Come o, why are Igbos littered all around d nooks and cranies of dis country, yet dey come here 2 chant "Biafrans don't want anything about Nigeria"? These delusional "jews" need urgent help!
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by olalat(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
reuben79:
my guy u dey mind those unibtelligent loosers. Forget them.
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by jullty: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Toketimt: 8:34pm On Apr 08, 2017
iokpebholo:
grow up kid, I never mentioned ozokhome na, y u dey get guilty conscience?

U don't Av to goon, u lot kind of thinking is highly predictable.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cct Trial: Allow Njc To Decide Onnoghen’s Fate, Nba Begs Fg / Investors Laud Abiodun On Reconstruction Of Agbara-Lusada-Atan Road / Naira Swap: Rivers, Sokoto, Bayelsa And Lagos Join Suit Against FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.