Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times (16945 Views)

Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations / Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by crackhouse(m): 8:15am On Apr 08, 2017
Now that ur tithe is bigger pls take it to the motherless babies or use it to buy Sth for them, they need it more than those pastors u want to give it to.
Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by temitope06(m): 8:16am On Apr 08, 2017
''The next thing now na husband'' Really??. The mentality in these parts tho. Achieve more and more girl, that's the next thing.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by kateskitty(f): 8:17am On Apr 08, 2017
robotix:
are you the owner of Cingle.com.ng and you registered the domain name by yourself?
I designed it, and own it but didn't register the domain myself
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
Instead of thinking of how to get your own company and you are here celebrating monthly peanuts. Mumu. Where are you from?

Do you know there are some high paying jobs than what people make as entrepreneurs? Everything worth doing is worth doing well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Godmother(f): 8:19am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:
Damn, thats less than 500 dollars per month, Is that even worth celebrating shocked shocked shocked

Even a macdonald employee earns more than that.

But anyways, congrats.

Bros how much do you earn ? See your mouth.

@OP

Congrats. God that started this will be faithful to complete it.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by robotix: 8:19am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:

I designed it, and own it but didn't register the domain myself
okay. It would be nice to have the domain name transferred to you then. You could have done it yourself at a place like whogohost.com
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by cutechi(f): 8:21am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
Instead of thinking of how to get your own company and you are here celebrating monthly peanuts. Mumu. Where are you from?
What kind of human being are you?
Where do u originate from?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Godmother(f): 8:22am On Apr 08, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Do you know there are some high paying jobs than what people make as entrepreneurs? Everything worth doing is worth doing well.

Well said. Besides you can be your own boss and still be under paid employ. I know a lot of people running this and they are doing fine.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by TheVictorious(m): 8:22am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
First I want to thank God for my new job, I just can't thank you enough.
Now, this is my story.
I lost my parents when I was still in secondary school and because of that, I had no one to sponsor me through university. Except for one uncle of mine who took me in and promised to sponsor my university education. I'm not going to speak ill of my uncle because he's late now (God rest his soul) but also because he taught me everything I know about computers today.

My uncle instead of enrolling me in the university like he promised, chose to put me to work in his cyber cafe business center. I worked there for years until I realized my uncle was never going to fulfill his promise, so I saved up and enrolled myself in NOUN without his knowledge.

Fast forward four years later, I finished my program from NOUN last year. But in between those four-years where one of the toughest period of my life because,
1. my uncle passed away during that period
2. his cyber cafe business closed down because his children ran the place to the ground.
3. I was now a student but unemployed

So with the skills I had working in my uncle's cyber cafe I managed to get another job (for 12,000 back in 2014).

Now, last year just 2 months after I said goodbye to NOUN I got a job (for 30,000). While now working as a graduate, I built some more job experience and acquired 2 certificates on Android app development and Web development. I did this job for 10 months, every night I would search Linkedin, Nairaland, Jobberman and other job sites for better opportunities until this April.

One of my application clicked and I was invited for an interview. I later made it to the second stage and finally was made an offer (150,000). I can't thank God enough for seeing me through it all, I'm almost in tears.

Another funny thing about my life is that I have a couple of well-placed uncles I could run to who could put me in a better position than the one I got but I preferred not to because I believe my God and I are a team.
I look at my new job and I'm amazed that my tithe now is going to be more than my entire salary back in 2014, what can I say...

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN

I'm very happy for you. Please pray for me, I hope to share my own testimony on Monday.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by othman11(m): 8:40am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
This reccesion is seriously affecting the brains of some people... Mr Dullard, you're the big mumu,

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by idu1(m): 8:40am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:
Damn, thats less than 500 dollars per month, Is that even worth celebrating shocked shocked shocked

But anyways, congrats.

I prefer the lady's job than travelling a thousand miles to work at McDonald

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Mcslize: 8:43am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:

But anyways, congrats.

Try and learn how to write politely. U earn more than that na u never build ur papa mansion?
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Mcslize: 8:45am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:

It would have been better u do not comment.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by amdoyin82(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2017
Congrat man.. The best is yet to come.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by idylnoble(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2017
Congrats seriously u are a testimony everything about u is testimony apy for u

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by ikaboy: 8:53am On Apr 08, 2017
Kneel let me pray for u.... God will bless u beyond ur imagination. Thanks for being dedicated and hardworking. I will be sharing this story of urs to encourage n motivate other.

kateskitty:
Now, this is my story.
I lost my parents when I was still in secondary school and because of that, I had no one to sponsor me through university. Except for one uncle of mine who took me in and promised to sponsor my university education. I'm not going to speak ill of my uncle because he's late now (God rest his soul) but also because he taught me everything I know about computers today.

My uncle instead of enrolling me in the university like he promised, chose to put me to work in his cyber cafe business center. I worked there for years until I realized my uncle was never going to fulfill his promise, so I saved up and enrolled myself in NOUN without his knowledge.

Fast forward four years later, I finished my program from NOUN last year. But in between those four-years where one of the toughest period of my life because,
2. his cyber cafe business closed down because his children ran the place to the ground.

So with the skills I had working in my uncle's cyber cafe I managed to get another job (for 12,000 back in 2014).

Now, last year just 2 months after I said goodbye to NOUN I got a job (for 30,000). While now working as a graduate, I built some more job experience and acquired 2 certificates on Android app development and Web development. I did this job for 10 months, every night I would search Linkedin, Nairaland, Jobberman and other job sites for better opportunities until this April.

One of my application clicked and I was invited for an interview. I later made it to the second stage and finally was made an offer (150,000). I can't thank God enough for seeing me through it all, I'm almost in tears.

Another funny thing about my life is that I have a couple of well-placed uncles I could run to who could put me in a better position than the one I got but I preferred not to because I believe my God and I are a team.
I look at my new job and I'm amazed that my tithe now is going to be more than my entire salary back in 2014, what can I say...

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Mcslize: 8:54am On Apr 08, 2017
robotix:
lol. Any money na money o. 150k is pretty easy to earn on your own if you know your way around. So many guys with internet business skills now make such money in a week.

That guy has a point but he was rude about it.

The truth is that running things yourself could afford you ample time to do multiple things, like running 2-3 business together with each bringing in 200k per month and that's like 400k per month.

You wouldn't have much time to achieve that while working and before you can reach the rank where they pay you 400k per month, it would take years.

TIME is the pivotal mark here. TIME TIME TIME.

But all in all, whatever make one happy is the key.

But the op said she has her own business. That guy that made that statement of opening company lack manners.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by dandollaz: 9:04am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:

But anyways, congrats.
Someone like will be soooo jealous in life.why not be happy for her just normal congrat n pass is difficult for you.are all your kindred earning above her each?
My sister is a big miracle in this recession.
Don't mind all this boys living face 2 face house talking poo.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Teawhy2011: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2017
Now a year and half after NYSC,bt God dt did yours will do mine as well b4 this April ends.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by BBBlaze: 9:24am On Apr 08, 2017
hello kate

congrate on ur new job
pls how can i learn andriod app development

kindly contact me on barrypelomo@gmail.com

best regards
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 08, 2017
Shame on you for typing out this rubbish!!!!!The funny thing is that, even the mcdonald's, you don't seem to know the correct spelling.
jerry0123:

But anyways, congrats.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Franchise21(m): 9:37am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
Now, this is my story.

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN
Congrats my brother
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by robotix: 9:38am On Apr 08, 2017
Mcslize:

But the op said she has her own business. That guy that made that statement of opening company lack manners.
yeah, he was rude.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by sweetilicious(f): 9:52am On Apr 08, 2017
Congratulations
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by janejive(f): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2017
God saw u thru, may His name be praised. congratulations, enjoy ur life from now on.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by ibrocool(m): 9:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Congratulation on securing a high paying job. I've always said it. It doesn't matter the school that you attended. What matters is your ability, what you can do.

Don't listen to people that condemn your school or certificate. Attending a conventional university doesn't guarantee you success. An HND holder of an unknown polytechnic may perform better than a Bsc holder of a popular university.

Employers are not looking for people that attended popular university, they are looking for intelligent mind, smart and creative people. If you attend NOUN and has the qualities mentioned, success is yours.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by twosquare(m): 10:01am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:

I have my own company and website
Cingle.com.ng
Check it out
You can code? Tuale o cheesy I guess I too need to learn coding...just dey fear fear.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by gbagyiza: 10:04am On Apr 08, 2017
Your life story is inspiring. This is d kind of determination I have been preaching to Nigerians , especially d young ones that because ur parent did not have d opportunity to sponsor u tru school, that means you can't make it .... determination , hardwork n prayers is d key...Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by femi4: 10:14am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
Now, this is my story.

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN
Wow....I v always know that one day you go make me proud
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Lastanza: 10:26am On Apr 08, 2017
OMOTOWO:
Congratulations..a prophesy from me to you..I don't know how it just came to my mind.please,stay away from olosho.they will ruin you down..God bless you .

Prophet of doom, u couldn't even decipher dat it's a she before u rushed to prophecy gibberish
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by CellTabRepairs: 10:26am On Apr 08, 2017
Congratulations!
Need a job? Lost your job? Retired? Tired of working? Student? Are you looking for a source of daily income stream? Want to change business? In 3 Months you won't remain the same. Look no further! LEARN SMARTPHONES REPAIRS Today! Very lucrative venture for anyone. Low startup capital - high RETURNS! In high demand! Your main CAPITAL IS KNOWLEDGE & SKILL! Join the winners!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Need! Don't wait until the whole year runs out and your hair is graying before you realise you need to take your destiny in your hands!
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by pennyland(m): 10:29am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:

how many people have you Asisted here on Nairaland then, and never mentioned you here,I can see your In the same class with those his uncle's

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your EFCC Physical Screening Experience Here!!! / Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job / Buhari Gov’t Created 12 Millions New Jobs – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.