Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris (17387 Views)

BREAKING!!! Ikpeazu Raises Alarm Over Almajiris Being Secretly Moved To Abia / #GandujeGate: Video showing Kano governor receiving bribe is authentic, Jaafar / Ganduje Bribery: Police Ban Students From Protest Against Kano Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by Blue3k(m): 6:50am On Apr 08, 2017
Kano State governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, on Thursday observed that there were about three million out of school children, roaming the streets of the state, as Almajirai – pupils of Quranic schools converted to beggars.

Ganduje

He noted however that most of such kids were found out to be from neighboring states and some countries in West Africa.

“What we discovered from our survey is that many of these Almajiris come from the Niger Republic, some from Chad, Northern Cameroon and some from other states of the north-west”, he pointed out.

Speaking during the Kaduna state Economic and Investment Summit, Governor Ganduje said a recent survey carried out in the state established the number of the Almajirai, saying this has now become a social and economic problem.

“So, if we can come together and have a common synergy to introduce a common legislation, preventing the movement of school age children from one place to another, I think the states will find it very easy to address the problem of Almajiri syndrome”, he emphasized.

Stressing that the Almajiri syndrome is one of the serious problems worrying the North-west geopolitical zone, he said it was imperative for the seven states of the sub-region to identify the economic advantages they can use to move forward and tackle their common social problems.

A statement by Salihu Tanko Yakasai, DG Media & Communications, Government House, Kano quoted the governor saying, “These seven states should try, identify the economic advantages that we can lay our hands on as to move this region forward. And what are the social problems that we are having?

“This is the first time, since the inception of this democracy in 1999, where the seven governors (of the north-west zone) decided to come together to form a forum. We even went to the extent of employing a consultant who is giving us the green light on various issues on economic development.

“Let me start with the position of the North-west in Nigeria. We are the most populous geopolitical zone, constituting 25 percent of the population of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/kano-gov-raises-alarm-almajiris/

1 Like

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by Korrection(m): 6:55am On Apr 08, 2017
who supposed to raise alarm? The government who has failed or the out of school Almajiris...too fuuny

23 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by NCP: 6:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Very funny indeed. Abeggi make we hear worc.
next. .

7 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by Blue3k(m): 7:15am On Apr 08, 2017
Why is it so hard to hard to secure the boarders in this country. I'm tired of excuses of the border being long and blah blah blah. Does anyone find it weird any bad thing is blamed on foreigners like violent herdsmen and now Almajirai?

What job prospects can a bunch of uneducated kids with no skills have. The state needs to figure out to do with these millions of children. You can't be a career begger.

“So, if we can come together and have a common synergy to introduce a common legislation, preventing the movement of school age children from one place to another, I think the states will find it very easy to address the problem of Almajiri syndrome”, he emphasized.

What does he mean by this. Is this mandatory schooling is suggesting? It's better than what Kebbi Governor put forward saying he wants federal government to solve issue for them.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by Montaque(m): 7:20am On Apr 08, 2017
You are the Governor of the state for gods sake. Do something and stop raising alarm here and again

25 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by timecapsule: 7:31am On Apr 08, 2017
Stop complaining, just 3 million wested children that are now developed as Western education is a taboo. What are you expecting before?

8 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by Bholexy: 7:44am On Apr 08, 2017
Almajiris indeed

12 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by timecapsule: 7:51am On Apr 08, 2017
OH! 3 million only in kano? That means the whole north will have more than 30 million. What a good product? Please stop complaining over your product as WESTERN EDUCATION IS A TABOO

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by Blue3k(m): 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
People on nairaland act like the Almajiri problem was propaganda. Now that the governors are the ones "wailing" what's the excuse. Do they plan on deporting these millions of foreigners and asking for federal assistance with border issue. If in fact it's really not Nigerians. If all these foreigners are in population can the census data be trusted.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by fergie001: 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ganduje,na now morning clear for ur eyes.
Focus on Governance and leave Kwankwaso and politics.
I believe that the FG headed by Buhari will do sth to stem the tide,just as GEJ built Almajiri schools.
Meanwhile,pause ur mass wedding to stop producing more children society can't take care of.

Meanwhile,with all.the sincerity from my heart,
ACCEPT MY SYMPATHY.

7 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by princechurchill(m): 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2017
If you give a farckking Fark say aye

3 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by Firefire(m): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by QuietHammer(m): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
Oh good. Isn't it time South-East governors raised an alarm over the high number of 'developers ' developing other countries with drugs?

3 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by etebefia: 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
The governors of the 7 north west region should handle the almajiri syndrome, I hope nobody is eyeing the national resources through federal government intervention.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by mooremoney(m): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
GEJ try to help those kids out by building school for them but instead u guys use ur useless politics to destroy that. Very soon it will get to 10m. Useless aboki

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
These morons who rule northern Nigeria are just waking up to the reality of their bleak future.

34 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by PrinceAfo: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
That's the way of Islam, you need to see how these little children eat dirt's,they go from house to house smelling eating without washing hand.
That's how they groom Isis book haram and Fulani militia that will still destroy their land,bunch of illiterate that fills the north,how i wish we don't have christian indigenes in the north,they would have packed these Muslim to that north and give them caliphate since that's what they want.

32 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by mooremoney(m): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
GEJ try to help those kids out by building school for them but instead u guys use ur useless politics to destroy that. Very soon they will get to 10m. Useless aboki

28 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by tribalistseun: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
Go school una say Alla doesn't like school, so why complain. Just buy them gun let them kill you elites in that state. Illiterates

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by Vicolan: 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
Na today.........

1 Like

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by mni7: 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
mooremoney:
GEJ try to help those kids out by building school for them but instead u guys used ur usually politics to destroy that. Very soon it will get to 10m. Useless people
the problem with gej government is that even if ge was to build schools tgey would be bombed up

2 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by ephi123(f): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2017
No family planning, they just breed and breed and breed.

8 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by DonDiego(m): 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
The day is nearly here WHEN Almajirinci will have nothing to eat but Northern rich people and all their family members.

24 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by DozieInc(m): 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dem neva serious. sad sad
Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by nNEOo(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
That's your almajiris bro...suck it grin

5 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by tinkinjow: 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
Na now their eyes begin clear? ...like it anyway better late rhan never.
May be their drag on Nigeria's progress will finally be cut loose

1 Like

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by refreshrate: 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
...if we can come together...you and who?

Lord Lugard wherever you are I hope you're happy now?

11 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by herkeem: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2017
PrinceAfo:
That's the way of Islam, you need to see how these little children eat dirt's,they go from house to house smelling eating without washing hand.
That's how they groom Isis book haram and Fulani militia that will still destroy their land,bunch of illiterate that fills the north,how i wish we don't have christian indigenes in the north,they would have packed these Muslim to that north and give them caliphate since that's what they want.
. So in your opinion that's the problem of Islam? Is that is true let me ask you are there no Muslims in Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Qatar? Why are there no Almajiri there? The problems lies with the northern oligarchy who use the system for their selfish interests.

13 Likes

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by slurryeye: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2017
For those asking why Boko Haram members no dey finish, there you have it, there are potential 3 million recruits.

Until Northern elites come out to talk about how to eradicate this Almajiri system, North will continue to lag behind in development.

I'm surprised many educated Northerners are conspicuously quiet on this epidemic Almajiri system. This is 21st century, and Almajiri needs to be totally eradicated

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
To me i think your marriage and reproduction factors as enshrined in your belief is the reason for Almajiri.
Address that first.

Is it not the same Almajiris i read were used in the last general elections?.
Now they are no longer Nigerians but from neighbouring countries?.
mtcheeeeeew.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence / Dele Momodu: I Endorsed Tinubu Two Years Ago, I Have Now Withdrawn My Support / Imo Chairman Of Labour Party Bar. Callistus Ihejiagwa Lost At His Polling Booth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.